The James Gang

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Pulled down the Sky Cuddler and the first SkunkXXX clone. The SkunkXXX was 22g of nice dime-sized nugs, and 3g a larf. Great meaty, funky smell. Crappy pic but you get the idea. I just pluck the shiny green leaves off and leave everything else until I smoke it.
View attachment 119561
The Sky Struggler was a hot mess of leafy larfy bud-like things. Frosty and it'll probably be great, but I got 18g of "keeper" flowers, that I just didn't break into the individual pea-sized flower part things. Another 3g of "larf". But really, it's all fluffy.
View attachment 119562
When I say larf - light and really fluffy - I go by size mostly. This is my little harvest station. Keep everything contained and roll it out of the way when not in use. I have a set of those bucket grids just for the flowers (another for soil) and found a big stainless bowl that they fit. After I buck it and pluck it the next thing I do is roll everything around that grid gently. It has a 1/2" and a 1/4". Anything that stays above the 1/2" gets cured. Anything that falls through goes with the dry-sift. I smoke on the 1/4" tray for the initial test.
View attachment 119563
There's also an 1/8" and a 1/12" screen. I use the 1/4" and then those two to rub the dry sift through. The stuff that goes through gets the fine tuning in the little graduated sifter. Worms get everything else.
I love the work space!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is the reason I test smoke stuff early. I need a wake-n-bake with the Sky Struggler larf but the prelims are that it's nice. Been smoking other stuff but I went through a joint of it like nobodies business. Tasty but not too potent. Might have an interesting high though so the wak-n-bake on a fresh head will see about that. Felt good though.

Later I had one of the SkunkXX. I know both moms were good, but clones start out more mature so you can get different expressions. The buzz on that is straight up "i'm high now". Might be better than the mom once it's said and done, but it's already good smoke.

I'm not as investigative on that one. I already know the three clones are keepers it's just nuance. The Sky Cuddler is the only unknown this chop. And it's a one-off so like it or not that's all there is.

The other two clones and the Freak came down. Both the tall SkunkXXX and the Sangria Cookies weighte exactly 210g. WAAAAAY different structure. Probably half the nug-count on the SC, and they are dense as fuck with the 4 big tops. The Skunk is just a nug-bush, looks like furry shiny berries.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Freakshow was right at 100g wet. I'll get about an ounce. Smells much better than the first two

When I harvested the second one and smelled it I was like "ohhh. it;s that again" kind of blah and bland. It could be a different pheno, but with an F6 it's more likely I just grew it better. The last two were not in living soil. All anecdotal, but I'm looking for how I feel about stuff anyway so fuck it. :)

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
This is the reason I test smoke stuff early. I need a wak-n-bake with the Sky Struggler larf but the prelims are that it's nice. Been smoking other stuff buy I went through a joint of it like nobodies business. Tasty but not too potent. Might have an interesting high though so the wak-n-bake on a fresh head will see about that. Felt good though.

Later I had one of the SkunkXX. I know both moms were good, but clones start out more mature so you can get different expressions. The buzz on that is straight up "i'm high now". Might be better than the mom once it's said and done, but it's already good smoke.

I'm not as investigative on that one. I already know the three clones are keepers it's just nuance. The Sky Cuddler is the only unknown this chop. And it's a one-off so like it or not that's all there is.

The other two clones and the Freak came down. Both the tall SkunkXXX and the Sangria Cookies weighte exactly 210g. WAAAAAY different structure. Probably half the nug-count on the SC, and they are dense as fuck with the 4 big tops. The Skunk is just a nug-bush, looks like furry shiny berries.
that i can relate to!

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
I have a bunch of stuff to do after the rains, but it's all still too wet so fuck it. I went walkabout in ym woods and I think I found gold. Here's the set and setting. I'm at about 1000ft elevation, my land is a multi-terraced hill, and it's almost all old hardwoods and their children. I found some oddball mushrooms and some in odd places like this:
View attachment 119500
That's a very old boxwood maple that is falling apart and it looks like a Halloween tree. Birds, squirrels and who knows what else live in it. There are some regular domed cap mushrooms that grow in some of the holes where limbs used to be.
View attachment 119501
I have these that pop up occasionally and something loves to eat them
View attachment 119498
This is a russula, they are all over in the wood behind my house and since I have been looking I haven't seen one that wasn't partially eaten.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I paid for four 10-packs. One was $25... Nothing "expensive". Largest was the new release John Lemon @ $60, and they sent me a second one.
IMG_2181.JPG
I bought 4 crosses/40 beans. I received 9 crosses and over 80 beans. None of the 10-packs had less than 12, one had 15.

This will effect my next drop LOL

Gotta love "Freebie #5" - Probably straight fire. :cool:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have like 20 plants in the 3" stage and I'm talking about the next drop... :rolleyes: 😁

For the most part I'm not even growing it for the smoke. The smoke happens, I just like seeing all the different plants. Supposed to be some real potent stuff in the Irie batch, and so far his cultivars have hit me well.

After that I have a string of Ethos fems I need to try. Everything and it's sister x Ethos Cookies. A multi-pack with a whole drop.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I did another "quality time" watering, doing a 360 check, pruning a few leaves, smelling... Since I'm doing trees, when there hasn't been much stretch the nodes start growing together. I removed the shiny crows feet at the base of some of the nodes, but only on the ones where they were touching the nug under them. I hate those yellow-green ratty looking trunk nugs that didn't get light.
IMG_2185 (2).JPG
When I got to the two Polecats they were prime for that so I took several leaves.
IMG_2195.JPG
On one leaf I thought I saw a caterpilar or something. Doing organic I was worried a little, but bugs are more of a guriosity than an emergency until you find out what they are.
IMG_2194.JPG
I set the leaf down and watched, and it didn't move. There's a reason... trichomes fell off of something or I snipped something 😁 🤷‍♂️
Fucking stoner.
IMG_2194 (2).JPG
Most of these are doing great. They all; got a good bit of water tonight, still not saturated.
IMG_2199.JPG
I'll probably be keeping a few lollygaggers behind, Might even cull the two Rev's since I have 7 more. IMG_2198.JPGIMG_2197.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I mention culling - nothing dies unless it's male, or can't make it to the one-gallon stage. If it takes a while but still looks like a plant - I love smoking mutants.

The Cream from Irie was a mutant 2-top - I bought more to hunt through before they were gone... It is supposed to have cream soda terps and is straight sour/dank/funk. Had some this morning and only have a few seshions of it left.

The Frost-rail Savage Headband I have now looks like another screamer. The regular SH has nice frost coverage all over. Probably more trichs than the mutant. But the rails are just crazy thick. I thought it was too close to the light and curling.

So as long as the fucked up little Rev's can show me a weed leaf or two in the next few weeks they'll live. They just won't flip with the rest of the family.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Chillin' with the ladies, no watering or anything, just always lurking. Had to grab the camera to see if I had another criminal or another victim.
IMG_2221.JPG
The little CBG plant had an obvious color difference that wasn't camoflaged very well. Had to really darken the pic to see it but I have a bean. And from two different drops this looks the same age as the one I saw on the just harvested Sangria Cookies.

Clue number two pointing to that one Bad Attitude limb that had a nanner-node.

After checking the pic to confirm it wasn't a nanner I went back in to smell. The two Bad Attitude beanpoles both have a very chem smell. The taller of the two is chem and garlic which I guess if from the GMO. The other is chem and dirt. Not good rich soil, but potting soil ammended with timed release bullshit. So technically chem-on-chem ;)

The structure is cool, you could grow a forest of them tight together. The Sangria Cookies seeds I find won't be ripe, but any I find from this next round of harvests are definitely "hang on to" bagseeds - IF the moms get me high.

I went back through my bagseeds that I've collected and labeled by mom - and possible dad if known because I don't do males. I ditched a few to the hemp seed jar based on the mom not being all that, and my weed-snob standards rising.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
On the seedlings, the few that are struggling are doing so with no help from me. They get what everything else gets. I gave them a little cup-dome for a few extra days, but I have mid-range to low humidity - my plants need to deal with that. I have never had a problem misting them when they look a little dry with lights messing up the leaves or anything. If they look dry they soak it right up.

My last "feeding" for the flowers was a fermented coctail. I have LAB syrum, fermented aloe, fermented green peach, fermented ripe peach, and fermented blackberry and peach. I left out the green peach and have been using that more for veg. No clue why. They were the ones that fell early due to overcrowding on the limbs, frost, whatever - that had no pits to speak of. U used a bit of that to mist the seedlings and get them some more bacteria.

I got some powdered molasses that I use after day one when the stuff starts getting liquid and open to the air on top from the sugar melting. Diversity can't be bad. As I do more ferments I am going to try adding LAB culture as well as the sugar. I have a little pint jar of my first comfrey ferment. Just equal weight brown sugar, mixed well with a little set aside for a 'cap' to hide anything poking out of the top. Day 2 I saw some moisture and used a wooden spoon to poke the stuff dowm. Day 3 I added the molasses powder to cover the wet spots and I'll let it set for a week before anything else.

:unsure: Instead of straining this batch I can just press it in the jar and pour out most of the liquid - then add LAB to the pulp and the little juice that's left over. I can still try adding some to the strained liquid.

All my stuff is taking off again outside like second spring. The oppressive heat and dry got pleasant. The comfrey ferment is just all the old crappy looking leaves near the bottom. I have 4 places where it took with varying degrees of success, but all have new stuff popping up like it split rhizomes at the roots or something, and all of them have green new leaves popping. This ferment is probably going mostly into the garden but trying a few different things I'll see how I want to treat the next batch.

Chem91 rocks.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Wow - so that happened.

Fuck schedules, since I don't have seeds and plan on moms I'll be dropping both a Chem91 and ChemD s1 and starting the mom process. If I get to the last bean of either without success I'll break down and buy a bunch. I need to sift castings tomorrow so that might be a good time. I also have my Baker Creek order on the way. Probably just get everything ready then drop lots when those show up - and two fem beans.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I should clarify on the Chems. I have 7 beans, 3 and 4. So far it has been about 50/50 with herm plant and OK plant. For S1's that's to be expected and I'm cool with that. The most recent hermed early and late, chopped right at 8 weeks and it fucks me up. Ugly and fluffy, but potent. So even the 'bad' plants serve my purposes. I don't do instagram. I just need to find a non-herm-er to keep around. Buying more anyway probably because the mom thing bores me.

All these got watered to the 250g mark. Crazy the stuff you can see using a scale to water the littles. I watered one like I want then weighd it - 250g. set the next on the scale and watered it up to that 250g mark and it felt fine (by weight) as well, so the assembly line started. Some hardly needed any, some were under 100g and needed more.
IMG_2224.JPG
All the one that were lighter were the ones thriving. I have 4 that are 'iffy' and not keeping up, but only the one Reveille looks a little too harsh. I set them under the fan so they don't have it blowing on them.

led1k

Really Active Member
I did another "quality time" watering, doing a 360 check, pruning a few leaves, smelling... Since I'm doing trees, when there hasn't been much stretch the nodes start growing together. I removed the shiny crows feet at the base of some of the nodes, but only on the ones where they were touching the nug under them. I hate those yellow-green ratty looking trunk nugs that didn't get light.
View attachment 119609
When I got to the two Polecats they were prime for that so I took several leaves.
View attachment 119612
On one leaf I thought I saw a caterpilar or something. Doing organic I was worried a little, but bugs are more of a guriosity than an emergency until you find out what they are.
View attachment 119611
I set the leaf down and watched, and it didn't move. There's a reason... trichomes fell off of something or I snipped something 😁 🤷‍♂️
Fucking stoner.
View attachment 119610
Most of these are doing great. They all; got a good bit of water tonight, still not saturated.
View attachment 119615
I'll probably be keeping a few lollygaggers behind, Might even cull the two Rev's since I have 7 more. View attachment 119614View attachment 119613
The close-up of the Milk and Sugar looks like it's got trichs already?

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Chillin' with the ladies, no watering or anything, just always lurking. Had to grab the camera to see if I had another criminal or another victim.
View attachment 119662
The little CBG plant had an obvious color difference that wasn't camoflaged very well. Had to really darken the pic to see it but I have a bean. And from two different drops this looks the same age as the one I saw on the just harvested Sangria Cookies.

Clue number two pointing to that one Bad Attitude limb that had a nanner-node.

After checking the pic to confirm it wasn't a nanner I went back in to smell. The two Bad Attitude beanpoles both have a very chem smell. The taller of the two is chem and garlic which I guess if from the GMO. The other is chem and dirt. Not good rich soil, but potting soil ammended with timed release bullshit. So technically chem-on-chem ;)

The structure is cool, you could grow a forest of them tight together. The Sangria Cookies seeds I find won't be ripe, but any I find from this next round of harvests are definitely "hang on to" bagseeds - IF the moms get me high.

I went back through my bagseeds that I've collected and labeled by mom - and possible dad if known because I don't do males. I ditched a few to the hemp seed jar based on the mom not being all that, and my weed-snob standards rising.
Cool i have a contaner of the same sort of stuff.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Eventually I'll hunt through them. WAAAAAAAAAY too many legit beans to run to start playing with that. With the ~80 regs I just picked up that's about another 5-6 drops...
I have to get my equipment back in order ,i have a few places to do some outie next year . Just to do some repairs during the winter ,atv, boat motor,stuff then we will see it all, depends on how bad repairs are. the clutch on the 4x4 wontbe bad the boat motor i can sleeve the cyl. if need be,as long as the crankshaft is ok ,i'am golden.

Last edited: