The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have to get my equipment back in order ,i have a few places to do some outie next year . Just to do some repairs during the winter ,atv, boat motor,stuff then we will see it all, depends on how bad repairs are. the clutch on the 4x4 wontbe bad the boat motor i can sleeve the cyl. if need be,as long as the crankshaft is ok ,i'am golden.
It pays that this is my only hobby. It can be as expensive or as cheap as I want it to be now.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I have a bunch of stuff to do after the rains, but it's all still too wet so fuck it. I went walkabout in ym woods and I think I found gold. Here's the set and setting. I'm at about 1000ft elevation, my land is a multi-terraced hill, and it's almost all old hardwoods and their children. I found some oddball mushrooms and some in odd places like this:
View attachment 119500
That's a very old boxwood maple that is falling apart and it looks like a Halloween tree. Birds, squirrels and who knows what else live in it. There are some regular domed cap mushrooms that grow in some of the holes where limbs used to be.
View attachment 119501
I have these that pop up occasionally and something loves to eat them
View attachment 119498
I have either real or fake truffles of some sort
View attachment 119499
And then a patch of white caught my eye on a logpile. It's either sourwood or maple that it's growing out of
View attachment 119502
Looking closer I could see the icicles on the bottom
View attachment 119496
I am no mycologist, but fuck me if this isn't some sort of lions mane
View attachment 119497
sure looks like something close to me also!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
sure looks like something close to me also!
No matter how sure I am I don't think I'd eat foraged mushrooms - not without a knowledgable instructor.
But I have no problem harvesting it and running it through the worm bin or drying it and adding it to the worm bedding.
I toss a lot of the yard-shrooms in the compost pile. I have areas where different ones thrive. Lots of those papery woody ones too. I have several places with fallen ancient oaks and I am sure there's probably some edibleness on my property, I just ain't hungry enough to die for it 😁
IMG_2201.JPG
One side gets these neon yellow little shrooms. Midway up the left of the pic you can see a few poking out
IMG_2205.JPG
The other side gets ones that look more edible - tiny things
IMG_2206.JPGIMG_2208.JPGIMG_2212.JPG

So I would have to say most of my property is pretty fungally dominant. If I want to introduce any into the indoor grow I'll take it through a compost pile outside then the worm bin inside first. But tossing a few random shrooms in the bokashi bin inside works too. That's another thing I am doing is indoor composting besides the worm bins. For now it's just a regular kitchen bokashi type thing but I want to gear it more towards the grow and bump up the size. Main thing is that I am hesitant about putting things from outside into my inside grow. I need compost so I can either bring it in from bug-land or make some inside.

I have some great limbs that have fallen over the last few storms that are just furry with molds and lichen and whatever else grows on the old oak trees. but who knows what else is in the dead limbs. But instead of burning everything it now gets composted. After a few pile-turnings if the wood doesn't fall apart I'll take it out. All the bark and good stuff is rotted off by then.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Wake-n-bake seedling update with 'found weed' :cool:. Cleaning house yesterday and I found a little metal stash cannister with "HQ" (Homecoming Queen) on the outside. opened it up and there were 6 nugs with a 62% pack - never hide stuff when you're high :ROFLMAO: This was not refridgerated but otherwise well stored. It is now about a year and a half old. Not much on the smell, but it was smooth and stoned me.

The Lemon Cello really stands out. At first glance it looks like three, but there are four problem children.
IMG_2234.JPG
The two Revs are the possible plant
IMG_2237.JPG
Which looks like some kind of spaceship :)
IMG_2237 (2).JPG
and the probable cull
IMG_2236.JPG
The frosty-baby Milk & Sugar
IMG_2238.JPG
but there's also one of the God's Paintbrush that's struggling in comparison with it's opposite
IMG_2239.JPG
As far as testers go though, From a 10-pack I got 9, and 7 that look perfect
IMG_2240.JPG

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
No matter how sure I am I don't think I'd eat foraged mushrooms - not without a knowledgable instructor.
But I have no problem harvesting it and running it through the worm bin or drying it and adding it to the worm bedding.
I toss a lot of the yard-shrooms in the compost pile. I have areas where different ones thrive. Lots of those papery woody ones too. I have several places with fallen ancient oaks and I am sure there's probably some edibleness on my property, I just ain't hungry enough to die for it 😁
View attachment 119689
One side gets these neon yellow little shrooms. Midway up the left of the pic you can see a few poking out
View attachment 119690
The other side gets ones that look more edible - tiny things
View attachment 119691View attachment 119692View attachment 119693

So I would have to say most of my property is pretty fungally dominant. If I want to introduce any into the indoor grow I'll take it through a compost pile outside then the worm bin inside first. But tossing a few random shrooms in the bokashi bin inside works too. That's another thing I am doing is indoor composting besides the worm bins. For now it's just a regular kitchen bokashi type thing but I want to gear it more towards the grow and bump up the size. Main thing is that I am hesitant about putting things from outside into my inside grow. I need compost so I can either bring it in from bug-land or make some inside.

I have some great limbs that have fallen over the last few storms that are just furry with molds and lichen and whatever else grows on the old oak trees. but who knows what else is in the dead limbs. But instead of burning everything it now gets composted. After a few pile-turnings if the wood doesn't fall apart I'll take it out. All the bark and good stuff is rotted off by then.
you can buy table shroom plugs ready ,to drill holes in logs tap a plug in the hole , and wait for them to fruit, i think oak is a great wood to use, something about taste.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
you can buy table shroom plugs ready ,to drill holes in logs tap a plug in the hole , and wait for them to fruit, i think oak is a great wood to use, something about taste.
I've seen those and thought about it, but I would need to find a reputable non-amazon vendor.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Wake-n-bake seedling update with 'found weed' :cool:. Cleaning house yesterday and I found a little metal stash cannister with "HQ" (Homecoming Queen) on the outside. opened it up and there were 6 nugs with a 62% pack - never hide stuff when you're high :ROFLMAO: This was not refridgerated but otherwise well stored. It is now about a year and a half old. Not much on the smell, but it was smooth and stoned me.

The Lemon Cello really stands out. At first glance it looks like three, but there are four problem children.
View attachment 119708
The two Revs are the possible plant
View attachment 119711
Which looks like some kind of spaceship :)
View attachment 119710
and the probable cull
View attachment 119709
The frosty-baby Milk & Sugar
View attachment 119712
but there's also one of the God's Paintbrush that's struggling in comparison with it's opposite
View attachment 119713
As far as testers go though, From a 10-pack I got 9, and 7 that look perfect
View attachment 119714
u know it's bad when, you hide stuff from yourself!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
u know it's bad when, you hide stuff from yourself!
I ***think*** I wanted to see how stuff stored long term, and the HQ was the first I grew with those perfect, dense little nugs everywhere instead of assorted sizes based on distance from the light or the part of the plant they came from. It was also the first real fire I grew where I realized most of the previous stuff was shit - or I sucked real bad at growing it and needed to up my game.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Careful with those edibles LOL. I made some chicken soup today. Spicy with lots of peppers and stuff from the garden.
I roasted the chicken first, and it had some wing-sauce on it I mixed up that's just sriracha and infused honey. Most of it's gonna roast off and get infused into the fat I'll drain off right?
Then I added a few slices of the maple butter to the soup to cut the heat a little and add flavor... Infused maple butter.
Then for good measure I added about 100g of decarbed flower - it was a big pot. :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️ I tried a bowl for lunch...

Soooooo I woke up at 7 this evening with that weed-hangover feeling (that really rocks with coffee ;)

Now I need to figure out what to do with the plants tonight, and what to have for dinner because that soup will fuck you up! :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Was thinking of ya the other day when my cones arrived with that doob tube... Lol
Got 50 organic,vegan, cones off of the interwebs for 15 bucks... ✌
View attachment 119731View attachment 119732
As far as the doob tubes, I love 'em. Having the assortment I can grind up 7 different strains (like I did tonight) and have them each in their own colors of tubes. I have one cap and tube labeled, but then everything else just has to match. The big round bottom ones are for the flower, short flat bottoms for the joints. OCD is a lifestyle man! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I also got those GRAV glass joints. Still undecided on how I like them. I packed up their 8-pack full of SkunkXXX to give them another shot. There's a little funnel attachment that works well.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I also got those GRAV glass joints. Still undecided on how I like them. I packed up their 8-pack full of SkunkXXX to give them another shot. There's a little funnel attachment that works well.
I've eyed those in the past but never tried em.. let us know how u like em...
They look a lot easier to pack up than a standard cone imo just from looks..

And from your message above bout vegan papers, I was like wtf is vegan in a dam paper.. just like u said... Lol
Thx ✌

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've eyed those in the past but never tried em.. let us know how u like em...
They look a lot easier to pack up than a standard cone imo just from looks..
Not for headstash, unless you enjoy cleaning glass and the second half of the "joint" needing to be lit for every puff and being harsh.

But I have them so I'll fuck around with it. I'm thinking they'd be more for parties. Just collect them at the end and wash a big batch. But for parties you'd need a mouthpiece for each person. Then you could have a bowl-gull of the pre-packed glass tubes with a plastic plug at each end.

Before I light another one I'm going to push half of the weed out. I think it would be better suited as a taster/one-hitter.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Soooo I thinned out that chicken soup. My sleep 'schedule' is still kind of non-existent. When I harvested that second SkunkXXX I set the remaining covercrop bok choy by the window. I am seeing mixed results on the other stuff I am trying but my instincts were good. I just snipped off a handfull and tossed them into a little pot of the soup. I added them in at the end so they blanched instead of cooking the shit out of them. Very nice. I just got vitamins and minerals from my weed tent.

I bought a bunch more stuff to try but this is a winner so I got another pack of them. It stays short and did well in the semi-shade arounf the edge of the pot. Shaded the soil well as a covercrop too.

Hedou Tiny Bok Choy Seeds - Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co (rareseeds.com)

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Not for headstash, unless you enjoy cleaning glass and the second half of the "joint" needing to be lit for every puff and being harsh.

But I have them so I'll fuck around with it. I'm thinking they'd be more for parties. Just collect them at the end and wash a big batch. But for parties you'd need a mouthpiece for each person. Then you could have a bowl-gull of the pre-packed glass tubes with a plastic plug at each end.

Before I light another one I'm going to push half of the weed out. I think it would be better suited as a taster/one-hitter.
That was one of my worries when I eyed them, was if they'd stay lit for the whole doob.. so u answered that..
Thanks for your info ✌