The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I planted a random assortment of stuff just to see if it'll grow inside in a tent. Gonna end up with stuff in window-sills and such this winter. Herbs, flowers, hot peppers, tomatoes, cukes, celery, medicinal stuff, etc. I'm sterting another tray with some of the potential cover crops. Getting the 3x3 lit back up as soon as something breaks ground.
IMG_2247.JPG
But if these get moved to the closet, I can shove the whole propagator in the mini tent. Gotta fire up something, just don't know what.
IMG_2249.JPG
The every other day harvest has been about like this. The "mexi-bell" peppers are pretty good. Meaty like a bell but spicy, like a milder jalapeno.
My tomatoes are in the interim between plants old and going to shit and the next batch getting their first ones ripe. Jalapeno, shishito, tobasco and bell. pretty boring as far as variety but the next round should be wilder stuff.. The only beans that have produced worth a damn are the winged beans. Lima's are coming on but haven't gotten enough for a meal yet. Ground cherries too.
IMG_2245.JPG
The Freakshow has meat on it this time
IMG_2243.JPG
And the crazy difference between the SkunkXX and Sangria Cookies - they weigh the same.
IMG_2244.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have the Pam1 x KMR and the (Lime 1 x Grape Soda Skunk) X Wilson F2 hanging. Both finished at 8 weeks, and both were those beanpole plants and look to yield about an ounce. So a bed full of those would be a winner. for a cash crop.

I fired up the closet and shifted the seedlings under a single HLG-135.
IMG_2263.JPG
I moved the 200w bar light that was in the closet to the 3x3 clone tent. I haven't plugged anything in or wired up the driver. I was going to up the power to the 3x3 and still may but the 100w AC Infinity light has been fine for that tent. It will likely be a spare for a while. I'll sort it when I fire that tent up for the veggies.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got a random thank you gift in the mail from Irie separate from the bean purchase. Three 6-packs of a fem cross and some slaps. Sooooooooo since I won't have room in the next completely Irie drop I need to get one of those out of the way.

I also need to see if I have a mom plant available in the Chemdog or ChemD so that's three beans. Probably need to add a few regs to that... :unsure:

I bought a 10-pack of the John Lemon. Since I got a free pack of them to boot and the total in the two 10-packs was 25, I'll probably drop a few of them. I still haven't found another super strong lime/lemon. The 007up and the first Lemon Tree S1 were it, since then it's been almost or close but no cigar. I probably have too many lemon-whatever seeds now, and all the rest will pop straight lemon and I'll get sick of it :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Had to update the signature block. 6 little beans wet, looking to long-veg and clone two. One is a mystery fem and three regs should give me at least one girl with some lemony goodness.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Today we highlight the Mad Dog CBG freebie. It's the tiny one to the left. Also my cover crops are to the edible stage now if needed. Lettuce and cabbage.
IMG_2281.JPG
Supposedly the pollen came from the nanner on the Bad Attitude. Could be good stuff - but that bitch is seeded top to bottom. I'd have to look at pics to see where they were situated. I'm leaning towards she did this to herself and I hope it didn't hit anything else. Wierd.
IMG_2266.JPGIMG_2268.JPG
I have baseball bats in here
IMG_2280.JPG
The closet got the new babies and some more stable shelving.
IMG_2282.JPG
So far they are liking it, The testers plus the Lemon Cello fem
IMG_2283.JPG
And the Dagga beans. The Lemon HP cross and the Skunkwater are singles, the rest are doubles so seeing one card is good enough ;)
The Dogma from 707 are getting that maple leaf look.
IMG_2284.JPG
Random stuff. The just harvested plants got the tap root and about a solo-cup size rootball removed. Shook the dirt out then dumped it back in the hole. Everything around the roots is basically castings, so once the bulk of the soil was back in the pot I cut up the roots into a gallon of water. Let that soak for the afternoon to leech out some of those root goodies then used that to water the seedlings.

My cat needs a leaf every evening. eats about half of the little ones, or part of a blade on a big one. She never gets near the tents. I don't know if it's the light or the smell or both. One of my Bad Attitude baseball bats had some sugar-leaves under one nug that were rubbing against the nug below it. I tossed them at the cat first - wish I had that picture LOL If it has trichomes she has no interest. I like that. Look at that focus :ROFLMAO: IMG_2264.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I still haven's sifted those damn worm bins. I have motivation now. These
IMG_2304.JPG
are mostly ready for re-pot. They got their first soaking today. That sticks that seedling soil together so they transplant easier.
IMG_2303.JPG
There are three plants with noticable seeds now, but none with a lot. haven't seen more than one seed per bud except on a few of the NL lowers. So it was probably the Bad Attitude. I'll save seeds and note the moms on all ripe seeds, and note the possible BA pollen on this set of jars. If the Bad Attitude is good smoke they can get hunted at a later date.
IMG_2299.JPG
The plants have been shuffled based on height so there may be some in both tents. The NL has a veggie cover crop so that batch of flips were at least in the tent. These are all looking frosty
IMG_2287.JPG
but the winner is the '88G13HP from CLG. This was from Brothers Grimm stock that @J.James selfed for someone else and sent me a few beans.
IMG_2289.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My theory on the bagseeds. I don't keep males - ever. So that means that any pollen is female.

The pollen came from a poor plant to be chosen as the baby mom/dad/thing. But they hit a great mom.

So it figures that the seeds should have a 50/50 chance of being a herm-fest. But dropping a lot of them and expecting it and culling without remorse it wouldn't really be a problem.

But using the theory that sometimes the fire trait has a bad trait genetically linked to it I would still pluck a few lowers nuts early if they weren't prolific. But so far on the mom plants I have kept gift-beans from I haven't gotten more than a dozen. That's an easy pheno-hunt drop and not too many to just trash the lot if they look like shit.

Since I'm not breeding I would take flower clones from the good ones and make a stack of smoke. maybe keep that unicorn mom. If I didn't have stacks of packs, there are quite a few I would be excited to hunt through. Still might if I get bored, but it's a space thing. Every bagseed or clone I grow is a bean I can't drop.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Stoner snacks - living soil geek gardener style. I love snacking over meals, but not trash. I like to have a big pot of soup or stew or chili in the fridge and be able to warm some up whenever. I like to add some fresh stuff when I reheat it so it's just better. How many other stoners you know out picking winged beans at midnight? :ROFLMAO:
IMG_2305.JPG
I only planted a few plants of each type of bean I tried and this is the only one to do well. Just picked a mess two days ago and these are the ones I could find ripe enough in the dark :cool: These are tender and don't have an overpowering bean flavor like some green beans have. The plant itself is a tangles mess of vines on the fence that has stayed green through the dry spells. I only hand water so far with a hose, so they don't get babied. I want stuff that's easy and prolific - and good. The bio-mass of my compost pile this fall should be impressive. But they store for shit. The wing-things will get brown if you pick themand try to store them in the fridgefor more than a day.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Looking through the seedbank and some big numbers keep bugging me. A guy buy the handle Synergy gave out a bunch of seeds before he shagged from this site with the defectors. I think that all of his testers happened to be in that group of people so he pretty much had to follow them.

Anyway he had a Nigerian Sunshine male that he crossed with a few things. He used good stock if his selections were good. There is Bodhi's Goji OG, and Dominion's Granny Skunk - then a "Bodega Bubblegum" that I have no clue the origin. Anyway - those were all in the 20+ range of beans in the pack so it sticks out on my list.

But the thing I just noticed was that he sent me a regular size pack of '88G13HP regs. I assume from an open or selected pollenation of a pack.

I have the female going now from @J.James - and I have a few more of those. At some point I need to run them side by side and see wuzzup.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Got a random thank you gift in the mail from Irie separate from the bean purchase. Three 6-packs of a fem cross and some slaps. Sooooooooo since I won't have room in the next completely Irie drop I need to get one of those out of the way.

I also need to see if I have a mom plant available in the Chemdog or ChemD so that's three beans. Probably need to add a few regs to that... :unsure:

I bought a 10-pack of the John Lemon. Since I got a free pack of them to boot and the total in the two 10-packs was 25, I'll probably drop a few of them. I still haven't found another super strong lime/lemon. The 007up and the first Lemon Tree S1 were it, since then it's been almost or close but no cigar. I probably have too many lemon-whatever seeds now, and all the rest will pop straight lemon and I'll get sick of it :ROFLMAO:
sounds like to me that would be a good sickness too have.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Looking through the seedbank and some big numbers keep bugging me. A guy buy the handle Synergy gave out a bunch of seeds before he shagged from this site with the defectors. I think that all of his testers happened to be in that group of people so he pretty much had to follow them.

Anyway he had a Nigerian Sunshine male that he crossed with a few things. He used good stock if his selections were good. There is Bodhi's Goji OG, and Dominion's Granny Skunk - then a "Bodega Bubblegum" that I have no clue the origin. Anyway - those were all in the 20+ range of beans in the pack so it sticks out on my list.

But the thing I just noticed was that he sent me a regular size pack of '88G13HP regs. I assume from an open or selected pollenation of a pack.

I have the female going now from @J.James - and I have a few more of those. At some point I need to run them side by side and see wuzzup.
Bodega Bubblegum is from Greenpoint.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Bodega Bubblegum is from Greenpoint.

That makes sense. He was on here for a while so getting some beans from Heisen makes sense. I still have three stardawg crosses I haven't gotten a girl from yet. I think those are gonna be a pack-hunt looking for the chem-leaner

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Sky Struggler (Cuddler) Kush. After dropping this bean in January, vegging, cloning, flowering a plant that was a hot mess and culling it, then finally getting a plant healthy enough to flip - almost October and I'm trying the smoke.
It is a larfy/leafy/frosty plant. Cleaning the buds you can pull individual calyxes or brachts or whaterver off. No density. No weight. I don't think I'd pay money for more of those seeds, but I'd like to see some crosses with it.
IMG_2312.JPG
The up-side. It's probably a great example of an OG that grows for shit and that's why people hated cash-cropping it, but kept it for headstash. Really nice all-round buzz. One-hitter did the trick with coffee, but that's boring so I hit a few more. It stacks. This is another addition to my top shelf headstash that I'll save for the occasional use. might even get better with age.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got the seedlings all up-potted. They are at 3 weeks. Not sure a week is going to have them flip ready, but they might take off. I have the 3x3 fired up for the Irie seedlings, and I think both the ChemD and Chem91 were duds. That's the second D in a row. All these had roots comparative to their upper growth. A few of the Reveille could have waited but I ain't playing that. The Lemon Cello is the only fem, so it can get up-potted and stuck in a tent whenever it's ready.
IMG_2314.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Products that go well together. The Rawtomatic rolling machine rolls two sizes 6mm and 8mm, which is aboui cigarette thickness.

Amazon.com: RAW 79mm Adjustable Automatic Cigarette Rolling Box (RED) : Health & Household
1663875005731.png

I love gadgets and I bought this but never used it much. A one hitter that's not worth the cleaning. It has little vent holes punched in the glass to create that swiring helix/vortex effect.

GRAV - Premium Pipes & Bongs
1663874853587.png
It just happens that they used 8mm i.d. tubing on the helix fits the 8mm rolling-machine-end you don't get on a hand-rolled joint.
IMG_2316.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've seen a Dynavap tip used on the helix as well. Does it cool down the smoke much?
Nah, I don't buy into any of that stuff. It has a carb so you can thin out the smoke as much as you want. It's just handy for the no-tip since it happens to hold it snug. An no paper ends getting soggy or inhaling the vegetable matter that occasionally breaks loose ;)

I love having a lot of stuff around for options, but I also like finding what works and making sure I gan replicate that for a while. So next GRAV order I'll get another spare bowl or two, another one of these, and whatever else I need to get free shipping LOL Need to get another rolling machine for a spare too. And another box of the 1.25's.

I wonder if they have a machine for the king size papers :unsure: