The James Gang

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I just seen this plant online the other day intriguing for sure does it numb skin in higher concentration or just orally? Was thinking it be good in salve
Bullseye Toothache Plant Seeds - Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co (rareseeds.com)
I only planted one to see what it will do, but when I plant seeds today I am planting some of these and a few other things to keep going in my veg tent after the flowers get flipped. Big list of to-do's and I ain't felt like doing them yet.

Anyway, I ate one of these flowers raw and it numbed the fuck out of my mouth. The taste wasn't that unpleasant but it wasn't great, kind of an electric sour/bitter - then nothing until the feeling comes back.

I pulled a bunch of leaves off the plant to soak in a mini mason jar of vodka. I'm going to keep doing that, straining it and putting the new leaves in the old vodka every week or two and just see what happens. The flowers I have been snipping off and drying to play with this winter. Some kept whole in case they work dry as well as fresh, some crumbled or powdered to see what else it might numb. If it's good as an ointment or salve that would rock.

I am also playing with lemon balm the same way. I have a plant so wen it needs topped again I'll replace the leaves. Supposed to have some really good medicinal properties but what the fuck do I know.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Updated my signature block with the latest seeds to get wet. Now I get the soil ready in the cups or else LOL. So I have to sift castings. I have a large propagator that will have the 15 testers, then two smaller ones that each hold 7 regular size solo cups.

Not really a big deal since I already have a tub of "veg" castings, but it's more of a vermi-compost that's not sifted too carefully. It is more along the lines of soil. The aged stuff is probably better anyway so I will use what I need for the cups before messing with the worm bins.

I have some seed starter soil, but I hate using that in large quantities. It doesn't drain so it's easy to overwater. So the cups will be about half full of the vermi-compost then the seed starter on top of that. That will allow any excess moisture around the bean to leech down.

Gravity - It's not just a good idea, it's the LAW!
I must be getting sensitive in my old age i felt guilt from killing off all the worms in my bins I have had them for years started them with a few handfuls of red wigglers I got so sickly and was unable to care for the bins and they overheated and dried out in my shop during our 20+ deg above avg hot summer normally I manipulate the doors allowing it to take advantage of cool night air but it was buttoned up tight last couple months normally the bins are very self sufficient and take very little maintenance on the flip side I have a bunch of castings and nearly ready soil right now...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My post about the toothache plant with zero comment :ROFLMAO:
Not sure what that was about, but I was messing with this anyway so I took a few pics. If I get enough flowers I'll do a little jar with everclear instead of vodka and go for the gusto, but I know what little I have now if it was ground up won't amount to shit. I am drying the flowers, then storing the heads once they dry. After the season I'll harvest most of the plant. leaves, stems and all before everything dies. Checking the foliage a little now with the vodka might tell me if it's worth messing with.
IMG_2071.JPG IMG_2072.JPG IMG_2073.JPG
Bugs are eating it which surprises me. but they don't mess with the flowers so the leaves might be worthless. But concentrated and reduced in alcohol might be different. Might even infuse some in my new magic butter machine with heat.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Patience is fine but sometimes you have to get your fingers in. If I left these 4 (the auto was already up) the two would not have broken ground. That makes 8 of 10 Reveille that broke ground and all 10 germinated (so far).
IMG_2064.JPG
This is my set-up for now. They both have a big dome for humidity, but the lower vents are open for fresh air. I'll gradually open more over the next few days. I have that super-mini fan I can stick in the big dome.
IMG_2065.JPG
Of these, only the Milk & Sugar I had to pry from the shell looks harsh and may not make it. Next post.
IMG_2066.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Soooooo @J.James , the Milk & Sugar didn't crack well. Since one did I know they aren't duds. I am thinking that they might need scarrification or something before the soak. Compared to every other bean I dropped they were easily twice the size - fucking coconuts! :ROFLMAO: So it seems likely they could have a tough shell.

If you want me to give it another go I'm game. I think the vertical one is going to stay green and the same size because the bottom is stuck in moist soil...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the preps for the final smoke report on the testers from Yankee Seeds @High kev and @Bobberr
Left to right is the Cheesecake Smoothie auto, Mindcrawler auto, and the two pheno's of Albany Piff
IMG_2078.JPG
I'll grind these up and do a pre-roll of each, then the leftovers will go in the doob-toob for bongrips. The model-glue smelling Piff (left) has lost a little of the gas, which I guess is to be expected, but pulling a little apart to check and it came right back.
Both had that "get-r-dun" high that is going to mesh well with the weather cooling off a bit and getting some shit done outside.
IMG_2082.JPG
The Bobberberry crosses both smell the same. I think the Berry part is very dominant. Could be cherry. There's also some spice to it that's a little gassy and a little herb-y. The buzz just dry on these was fine, both were fluffy but I just had them in 2g pots for this taste so I can'g bag on that too much. Tasty smoke that if nothing else will go great in a mixed-salad joint.

I guess that does up the smoke report as well unless something has changed drastically in a month.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Both Piff went downhill quick at the end, so I am thinking they need a bigger pot to let them grow longer? We'll see. i have half a dozen or so more of his crosses with the Cuban Black Haze. If tomorrow plays out like the just-dry test did and get's me moving the stuff I have on hand will either last me a long time or be gone quick. Mostly depending on how bad I fuck up my back doing the stuff I need to do LOL.

So I will be dropping those in their handy little sets of 5 as needed. The Albany Piff was the only 10-pack so I opened it first - also since Kev recommended it to try first.The rest were two 5-packs. Fuck the environment, that's a lot handier than a larger pack as long as the per-bean price is the same.

As far as the auto's, they just aren't my bag. Both were beautiful little plants, happy and healthy all the way to fade and made decent smoke. I just think to do auto's right I would need to dive into just that and I could make it work. Maybe later. I do have the third cross which is the Black Blueberry in a solo cup now for a solo-cup grow.

In other news The two plants drying and the hoard that will soon need space to hang got me looking at the weed fridge to start making decisions. The stuff I have had a while is either because it is not my favorite, or because I love it and have been making it last. The culls this time are going to decarb for edibles/storage. I need to get a few more handles of everclear. The Magic butter machine can use alcohol AND heat without evaporating all the alcohol, so I am itching to try their recipes for tinctures and to see how different the infused alcohol is from shaking it in a jar.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For what it's worth, it's 3am and I am making some lunch... I was smoking on some of the stuff as I ground it up and the Piff's have not changed. I need to though instead of smoking whatever I want whenever I want :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️

Also Rasta Jeff at Irie genetics got his Irie-direct shop set up to take credit cards so I had to help inaugurate it and get me some more of that "The Cream" before it goes away. Got some of his new John Lemon, and a pack of The Machine For your enjoyment here's the namesake of that strain.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I must be getting sensitive in my old age i felt guilt from killing off all the worms in my bins I have had them for years started them with a few handfuls of red wigglers I got so sickly and was unable to care for the bins and they overheated and dried out in my shop during our 20+ deg above avg hot summer normally I manipulate the doors allowing it to take advantage of cool night air but it was buttoned up tight last couple months normally the bins are very self sufficient and take very little maintenance on the flip side I have a bunch of castings and nearly ready soil right now...
bein sick makes things like that happen!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Nothing pic-worthy but the 9th Reveille joined the herd. The 10th had the same inch-long tail and stubby leaf-attempts jammed in the shell that it had when I re-buried it. It blew it's wad and had nothing left.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Random stuff. The Mindcrawler auto has some stone to it and the flavor is good. There's a minty/sweet taste on the exhale that lasts about 1/3 of the way down a joint. Then it's meh.

So roll a shorter joint or pack a few bowls.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Not sure what that was about, but I was messing with this anyway so I took a few pics. If I get enough flowers I'll do a little jar with everclear instead of vodka and go

Bugs are eating it which surprises me. but they don't mess with the flowers so the leaves might be worthless. But concentrated and reduced in alcohol might be different. Might even infuse some in my new magic butter machine with heat.
not sure how that comment got onto your toothache plant post HAF sorry damn stoners what I wanted to ask does the toothache plant only numb the mouth or does it numbs skin? Like lidocaine

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I smoked the church smelling Piff this morning and it is not the same high. It's more clarity and staring at shit than energetic and getting stuff done. I did little things in the garden that were tedious and I could zone in on.

I prnes away lower rusty leaves on the tomatoes, lopped off all the suckers and re-wound the newer plants that were growing past where the string was holding them up. Had a decent storm that cleaned the dead limbs out of the tree-tops and had zero garden damage. I use the little tomato cages for when they are getting started, but once they get past them (about 2') I have the overhead cord that I start wrapping them in. I had some tomatoes blown off the plants, but not a sigle limb broken.

Once the string is on you're committed to keeping the cage there for the duration, and it protects the trunks, but I started removing them except for the end plants on the rows. The cages also make a good hose guide to keep my stoner ass from pulling plants over.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Here's the preps for the final smoke report on the testers from Yankee Seeds @High kev and @Bobberr
Left to right is the Cheesecake Smoothie auto, Mindcrawler auto, and the two pheno's of Albany Piff
View attachment 119342
I'll grind these up and do a pre-roll of each, then the leftovers will go in the doob-toob for bongrips. The model-glue smelling Piff (left) has lost a little of the gas, which I guess is to be expected, but pulling a little apart to check and it came right back.
Both had that "get-r-dun" high that is going to mesh well with the weather cooling off a bit and getting some shit done outside.
View attachment 119343
The Bobberberry crosses both smell the same. I think the Berry part is very dominant. Could be cherry. There's also some spice to it that's a little gassy and a little herb-y. The buzz just dry on these was fine, both were fluffy but I just had them in 2g pots for this taste so I can'g bag on that too much. Tasty smoke that if nothing else will go great in a mixed-salad joint.

I guess that does up the smoke report as well unless something has changed drastically in a month.
i have to cure @4weeks before ,i can even get close to any type useable info.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i have to cure @4weeks before ,i can even get close to any type useable info.
I try the some of the larf of everything after it hangs dry. If it amazes me then screw it, it's smoke ready. It's not like I'm going to smoke the whole plant before the rest cures. I have had a few that did nothing but go downhill after that just-dry stage.

Also - how do you know if it's is getting better or worse during the curing proces if you don't try it ;) I smoke a LOT of weed :cool:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Starting small. Here's the rig I came up with for the Black Blueberry auto. As soon as the seedlings are cool with the dome being gone it goes into 12/12 for the duration, but under good flower-spectrum light. Also under a bar light where that pole gets as mugh light as the rest of the tent.
IMG_2093.JPG
All the vents are open now
IMG_2115.JPG
The Rev testers - the magnificent seven could be twins. Every time I messed with the two lollygaggers I gave them another few mists. It's pretty evident. Big fat coty's, as long as the seed-leaves for now.
IMG_2117.JPG
I pried the coty's apart on this and it worked. I think they were fused at the base or something and not allowing it to fully open.
IMG_2116.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My edible cover-crop experiment is pretty good. The G13Genius (frosty as hell on the lowers 'eh?) is little gem lettuce, the Savage Headband is Rapini broccoli that is supposed to be more like a broccolini and flower quicker. The rest I flipped the name tag since these weren't weed pics :p
IMG_2085.JPGIMG_2091.JPGIMG_2092.JPGIMG_2094.JPG
This isn't edible, but with the shorter cover crop I haven't chopped this, and actually have something flowering.
IMG_2101.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Last update - closet/closest to harvest. All of these could be harvested at any time, Saturday is 10 weeks.
IMG_2097.JPG
The Freakshow is getting pretty loud. sweet berry funk. The last few I grew were not in living soil... :unsure: Theleaves on this dry-sift or wash like a chamo, kind of like larfy buds. IMG_2100.JPG
The Sangria Cookies is getting good and milky,
IMG_2106.JPG
and I think it was the Bad Attitude that hit her before I snagged that nanner-limb. Judging from size and apparent maturity the timing is right.
IMG_2106 (2).JPG
The second taller SkunkXXX has a meaty smell to it, really yummy smelling. The pistils aren't stopping up top, but the milk and ambers are there and the leaves are starting to yellow.
IMG_2110.JPG
IMG_2111.JPG
Saturday may clear the closet. Lowers are all good
IMG_2114.JPG
It has light-beer colored ambers so it's easy to miss. If they darken up by Saturday it might keep going so the rest can amber up.
IMG_2114 (2).JPG