The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Happy Saturday!
My Royal Mystery by @J.James - the avatar buds - is at the 3 week mark today. I'll do a full smoke report when it hits one month, but I got bored.
IMG_3718.JPG
First, it packs a punch! Probably the stoutest 'face-punch' I've grown to date. Still not a lot of smell in the tin, but ground up it's like cheesy-kerosene. 🥴

Smoked about half a cone (forced/reminded myself to take the last hit or two LOL) and the taste is smooth. On the inhale it's got a little diesel taste with some sweetness on the backside. No cough. On the exhale it's like a decent cigar, maybe a slightly flavored one like the "Acid" cigars from Drew Estates. Good with college football and a beer LOL

Here's a question for any of you guys that grow both seeds and flowers all the time. IMG_3719.JPG
I found my first bag-seed in almost 2 years (growing only fem seeds until this RM). It seems to be a beautifully formed and striped seed, but I am finally in the position that I am not wanting for seeds.

When you guys grow for smoke and find a seed, do you keep it? I only wonder because I can see after a few runs of reggies that growing out a seed that might be destined for issues can be a frustrating waste of time. On a plant that harvested normally, is there any issue with the random seed?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There's probably a stress for them with the changing light-cycle, and a lot end up on top of the HLG fried in the little heatsink-grooves, but if they get some grub (gnats) while they live so be it!

Punisher84

Just some asshole
There's probably a stress for them with the changing light-cycle, and a lot end up on top of the HLG fried in the little heatsink-grooves, but if they get some grub (gnats) while they live so be it!
got your own bug zapper

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What did you do while watching football? IMG_3737.JPG
Graoud a few buds of each strain and packed some cones. One RM that I plan to wake-n-bake to get the real effect and give it an honest test. I can tell you its great with beer - and promotes naps after LOL

But after I got done I realized that each one is about 1.5-2g. So I prepped over an ounce of weed. No wonder the arthritis is acting up in my grinder-twisters.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Random stoner thinking - planning.

I've noticed that the HGL XB200 I have is really good for vegging. Seems like it's less intense, and the plants grow a little slower (less stretch) and I've had zero issues with plants under them - other than slow growth in flower.

I don't know if the plants will mature at a normal rate and just not get as big, if they will go longer and plump up just as nice, or if I should just relegate it to a veg room when I get back to my crop-rotation.

If anyone else uses the "penetrator" anecdotal insight would be good.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Mornin!

Wake-n-bake report on the Royal Mystery by @J.James .

I took the "red pill" above and it's not the knock-out drops I experienced yesterday :)

At 3 weeks (I believe the vacuum dry/cure speeds things up) this is damn good smoke. I can't pick up any specific tastes/terps but it goes well with coffee. rH is perfect, burns smooth, stayed lit without burning if you know what I mean.

This is a body high - probably why it had the "plus-beer" effect yesterday. Definitely Dr. Feelgood smoke - not for before work :) I now feel comfortable using this as a breeder. I knew t had everything else plant-wise going for it, but it just got the old stoner seal of approval.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Definitely worthy of selfing or F2 or whatever. My main goal (other than finding interesting new plants) is to shorten the flower-time below 70+.

Stature-wise the RM was a medium-stretch plant, perfect for training. I don't veg long in the interest of running more plants (+/- 30days) and this ended up about 2-3' tall at the end, lots of stacking after flip as you can see in my avatar.

All of the ILGM fems I have to cross with it are 60day or below, with the Superskunk advertised as 52day. All are also similar in stature. Even the supposed 20/80 Bruce Banner. They are an Amsterdam company that bred for the coffee shops, so I think all their plants tend towards a certain plant type, and have probably been inbred for generations.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Finally seeing a good sprinkling of amber on the GDP. Tomorrow might be her day. I can't get decent pics of the underneath stuff except to show "doneness" but the trichs are a little further along than up top.
IMG_3770.JPG
Up top it's easier to get good pics, but more new growth
IMG_3760.JPGIMG_3761.JPGIMG_3761.2.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Crown Jewel I already chopped is dry-ish so it got bucked. I have it in a jar under vacuum with 62% packs to try and "equalize" the moisture. The humidity in my house is low (40's) so it dried a lot quicker than it should. It seems to be more sativa related, and I'm not used to that. Having small nugs of frost instead of fat cola is a bitch for trimming, but otherwise pretty cool. It'll probably shift between the jar and being on a drying rack back and forth for a bit.
IMG_3773.JPG
It may actually gain a little weight from that if the smaller stuff got too dry. All the top nugs still feel fine.
IMG_3775.JPGIMG_3776.JPGIMG_3777.JPG
But now I have an issue on the other plant.
WTF?
IMG_3766.JPG
Almost nothing but amber on the leaves, but still new pistils everywhere. First time for me, what do I go by?
@J.James ? Bueller? Anyone? :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Stoner alert!

So the CJ is jarred, and the rH was in the high 50's so it's back under vacuum with boveda packs. I got 111g from that plant give or take a bowl or two.

Everyone talks about scissor-hash like it's the shit, but my favorite post harvest taste is after I de-stem it. All the little single-calyxes at the nodes dry quick, and just brush off the stem when dry. Add the leafy bits and pistils and you have a very tasty bowlful. This stuff actually tastes like weed instead of glue. :)
IMG_3782.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I didn't jot down different ages, but I know the Crown Jewel is 64 because she flipped same day as the GDP. Getting almost black-purple on the bud-leaves. The foreground it the 4th Gear. Plumping up nice.
IMG_3830.JPG
IMG_3833.JPGIMG_3835.JPG
4th Gear is just a pretty plant, odd heights on the manifold limbs, but all getting fat. and hairy. I had them all LST-d oddly trying to even the tops. Today I just pulled all the ties. If it crowds back together I'll tweak it some.
IMG_3837.JPGIMG_3836.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here are some pictures of my 4th gear that is currently in mid flower
Yours looks to be a little ahead of my 4th gear, a little behind the FloD 4-top, and probably matches my 8-top FloD perfectly flower-wise. All three of those were flipped Oct 10. Yours?
IMG_3838.JPG