The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is why I like growing flowers!
The Crown Jewel by Golden Lion Genetics, F2 by @J.James IMG_3957.JPG
The kush pheno is on the left, the burgundy on the right. Neither is cured yet, but they have a different smell so this should be interesting! 5 seeds, 2 females, and breeders are probably crying right now that they didn't have these to play with :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Smoke report:
Royal Mystery by @J.James (Royal Queen x Mystery Meat)
Mystery Meat - https://www.strainly.io/en/listings/385639-star-mystery-meat-star-10-regular-f1-seeds

This is the plant from page one so I'm not killing too much more bandwidth...
IMG_3961.JPG
The finished buds are medium-dense. In the tin the whole buds have a warm baked goods smell. Not sweet, but a warm spicy smell, but with depth? Umami 😋 I want to eat them. There were foxtails everywhere on this one, and now the little nubs are like shock absorbers for the bud if you drop it :) More hair than crystal in appearance. When it was growing I was tempted to braid the pistils...

Ground there is a fresh outgassing of diesel that's more sweet than funky, then it settles to where I can't pick out a dominant terp. It's like a little bit of everything - but no berries LOL. Same thing with the taste - it's a mellow mix, the same as the buzz.

I would guestimate this at closer to 18% THC than a monster 25%'s or something but it seems to have some staying power. It's an even mix of head and body high. Like if I had to go to work it would be cool, but if I wanted to watch season 3 of something that would be fine too LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My 4th Gear is stacking nicely
Definitely has possibilities! Everything I've tried so far is good. The RM rocks, but after seeing the other guy on LEDGrowForums having two RM that are completely different, I'm interested to see if it's different pheno's completely, or if they'll still taste the same. The two CJ will definitely cure different.

I think mines behind yours because it's an 8-top. That pretty much matches my FloD 4top

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think I have found a new project to break my boredom. In a month or two I'll have about 10 different strains to choose from when selecting a what to smoke.

I thought about growing seeds, but the more I planned and schemed, it just didn't do it for me - and there's enough people on here killing it I don't think my amateur breeding attempt would have been a show-stopper.

While I prefer a good single malt, there are times when a good blended Scotch whiskey is good too.
So instead of these homogenous, segregated strains and phenos I am thinking about blending the perfect "strain" on the back end, instead of trying to grow it :) IMG_3970.JPG
I think that by really paying attention to the flavor and buzz profiles you could come up with some interesting combinations.