The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yes. I had no clue about stretch, so I flipped a few days after this pic, as soon as the sprouts were open well.
4g3.1.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am not going for bulk now as much as variety. I'll easily pull a few ounces off each (4G/FloD) and that's fine.

After finding a few seeds on the RM, I'm waiting to make my final decision on what to breed until I see how the FloD turn out. So far they are very nice. Uniform flowers and fairly self-leveling. The 4-top is looking just like the RM did at that stage, but several nodes are 'triploid' or whatever. 3 nugs instead of 2. Kind of cool.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Crown Jewel (burgundy pheno)
Day 99/65 - this should be a 70-day plant, it was almost there ;)
IMG_3867.JPG
This had the best foliage I've produced - I usually kill them before they can gat all "autumn" LOL
IMG_3876.JPGIMG_3877.JPG
And since the bud leaves were so purple they were almost black , I tried the minimal trim.
IMG_3868.JPG
I just removes all the fans with stems and called it a day.
IMG_3879.JPG
IMG_3874.JPGIMG_3871.JPGIMG_3875.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Now I have room!
The Florida Diesel by @J.James are phenomenal! day 70/40
IMG_3880.JPG
There is a distinct bulk difference between the 4-top and the 8-top, kind of confirming previous experiments that showed they should produce about the same final weight, just different size flowers.
IMG_3884.JPGIMG_3885.JPG
Both are still healthy, eating well, and seem to like the XB light better than the other strains did.
IMG_3887.JPGIMG_3888.JPG
My HLG room has my 4th Gear (same grow dates as the FloD). and my 12/12 from seed experiments. The Black widow in the front seems fine with it, the S.O.G in the party cup is awesome, but the Bruce Banner in the rear shows a definite failure to thrive. If it wasn't a free seed I'd bitch for a replacement. It either didn't like the XB200 light, the 12/12 from seed, or it was just a dud.
IMG_3889.JPG
The 4th Gear is racing the FloD 4-top for bulk, even though it's an 8-top.
IMG_3893.JPGIMG_3892.JPG
And you can see the comparison between the BW (front) and BB (rear)
IMG_3891.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
3am stoner note. I checked every flower, and I found 1 or 2 nanners on 4 tops from one limb. Coincidentally, these 4 tops did not show the same "pine-cone" shape as the rest. They had crowns like on the kush variant that nannered. All the pine-cone buds look perfect.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My stuff is drying too quick. It looks great, smells great, but is down to 25% weight in 2-3 days. My rH has been in the 30's and 40's, which is great in flower - sucks for drying weed.

What has worked so far is to pull it as soon as it gets under 30% of the original weight (feels really dry) and get it under vacuum with the rH packs. After the first hour or so they soften up and don't feel crisp.
IMG_3913.JPG

I air it out every few hours until it starts feeling dry again. I check the rH with an inkbird a few times a day at first, and it fluctuates between 65-70% between airing out and re-vacuuming.
IMG_3916.JPG

The end result is that instead of being bone-dry in 4 days, it slows the process down to 10 days or so before I feel comfortable leaving it jarred for a day. The stuff also seems perfectly smokable in about 3 weeks rather than a month.
IMG_3915.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Everything seems to be on cruise control now. I am just using the Fruit & Flower now, and basing the feeding on the run-off. I water a gallon of RO with cal-mag, amino's, silica and sweetener (microbe food) then check the ppm of the run-off. If it's low I add top-dressing and another half gallon or so, and if not just more water. All the plants have been on a different "schedule" but it hasn't been hard to manage doing it that way. IMG_3944.JPG

Last edited: