The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
In prep for seed run?
Yup. I need to do some re-rigging and cleaning, easier with the lights pulled. I'll probably have the tent up and running for germination before the end of the year, but only after I have a tentative "end date" for the current plants.

I want to have every space available for isolating plants or whatever is needed. My tent is in a separate part of the house so I don't trip breakers, which will probably be where the males reside until the orgy.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's what I mean about the GDP, and why it's hard to describe.
There is so much foliage - or so little stacking - that there are almost no "tops" on top above the last big fan leaf.
IMG_3558.JPG
The cola on the lower right is the "grower", you can see the bulge of light green on the eastern hemisphere :) The others might have a foxtail or two.
IMG_3555.JPGIMG_3554.JPG
IMG_3556.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the last smoke report for the stuff I have in my rotation.

I have an ounce or so of ILGM Superskunk, but it's from June and I have more seeds, so I'll get that one on a fresh grow. Suffice to say that Boveda is a great investment, the skunk still rocks, and it smells like Juicyfruit gum :)

First a word about their replacement policy and my growing history, basically to date. I think this will about sum it up. First seed purchase was 10+10free ILGM Superskunk. Complete noob, using Jiffy-pellets like 'mater seeds, and I had 6 not germ, entirely my fault. They replace, and usually don't require any seeds to be mailed back.

They let me get different strains thankfully, so I got a 5-pack of GDP and a lone Northern Lights seed.

Reading, learning, burning the hell out of a few plants, etc. When I got to the lone NL seed I was also learning about cloning. She was in flower 3 weeks before I decided to try my hand at it - still haven't rooted a regular clone. This was also my last grow with non-organic nutes...

Northern Lights by ILGM.
Took 7 monster-crop, clones all 7 rooted. Long grow, but only had room for six. There were five 3-gallons and a 2.
IMG_9943.JPG
I don't remember days start to finish, but for smoke report purposes this was chopped on 9/11 so this is a two-month taste. I trained and pruned them like manifolds, keeping the best limbs - not topping - and burned the hell out of them. Here's the last group-pic before I harvested the small one (earlier than the main chop)
IMG_1531.JPG
Just trimmed they were beautiful, real sharp contrast of dark green and orange with the almost white, sugary calyxes
IMG_6099.JPG
here was the total on dry-sift
IMG_1855.JPG
Which got decarbed -
IMG_1869.JPG
and is now budder - in use.
IMG_3562.JPG
After I dry-sift, I put all the trim in a jar and wash it with Everclear. I wash this way so that if I want to decarb the oil for edibles there's no chemical nasties in there. I smoke it too.
The cup on the right is solid because I keep extra in the fridge.
IMG_3565.JPG
I ended up with about 6oz
IMG_2012.JPG

Last but not least, the smoke report.
This is easy - cured it's more resinous and less keif
IMG_3561.JPG
And the smell, ant taste is mint. Not like gum or a candy,
1573582046087.png

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Crown Jewel F2
Day 58 12/12
Wasn't planning on an update but I got bored. The two pheno's are definitely like 2 different strains, but I won't be able to tell smells until the GDP is gone - that bitch is LOUD!
The "Burgundy" pheno
IMG_3576.JPG
Pointy pine-cone tops, and they are stacking continuously now. Very leafy.
IMG_3582.JPG
IMG_3583.JPGIMG_3584.JPG
The pair on the top right with the green tape visible are showing the other pheno. Crowns on top and more puffy.
IMG_3581.JPG
The "Kush" pheno is bulbous. lots of ambers on the old growth, but massive foxtails taking off now.
IMG_3575.JPGIMG_3580.JPG
Still keeping their crowns :)
IMG_3578.JPGIMG_3579.JPGIMG_3577.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The GDP is getting a few ambers now, and the calyxes on the tops are getting some purple. I made a note last grow that this ripened quick, from a few to a bunch of ambers in days so I am watching close. It makes sense - if the bulk of the trich's all turned milky at roughly the same time.
IMG_3574.JPG
One limb of 4 might stay solo after the rest go
IMG_3569.JPG
Compared to this
IMG_3586.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Bored retired guys that grow weed learn about growing weed... For any other noobs that want to understand some of the terms these guys are using, I found these
Mendel-s-Law.jpg
And hybrid stuff
Hybrids.jpg
Good article here

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Captains Log - Stardate whateverthefuck.
I thought I would share a first for me. I was sweeping the dining room, and by the table leg I saw this:IMG_3592.JPG
It's been about a week since I was messing with anything in there, and was probably bitching that my mostly dried weed was still losing weight LOL

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And no, I didn't smoke it LOL
But I'm a thrifty bastard inherently. I have a jar in the freezer that gets all my trim after a run of dry-sift, bud-stems from the cured bud, AVB - and now "floor-weed"IMG_3593.JPG
When it gets full I buy a bottle of Everclear and make oil

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Perm said that he didn’t think it was still happening, everybody dropped out. I think you scared them off.
And after he told me that, I didn’t post anymore pics. I’ll just up pot mine and move on.
When it was down to us two I asked if it was still on and never got an answer. I think it's a cool project anyway to see what I can do. Doesn't take any time or space.