Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

D

Deleted member 60

Loam and compost! LOFL. I've had Bubba's that tasted like that. You know...like the dirt pot of old when someone would bury their Mexibrick stash cus they heard it made it more potent. (just before the dry ice cure in the cooler...LOL)

Can't say that the "OG's' were lacking in high or taste for the most part....more like they were all pretty much alike (like many feel with "Cookies") and the only differences were in the rooms they were grown in. Folks who have shared cuts and grown them extensively over years of time will know what I mean. Subtle differences via the same plant. Then you RENAME it and voila'...>>ANOTHER<< "Kush/OG" is born. Seems every 'hood in LA has a cut named after it... but like those 'hoods...there's no real difference other than the hype and how far folks will go to tag something as their own. "Larry" comes to mind..... "Suge" comes to mind.... Fuck me I'm ranting but hey...that shit gets old here. Same shit as the 70's. All mexibrick...but some folks always had to tag it "Oaxacan" or "Guerrero" even though they had NO fuckin clue WTF it truly came from. Just marketing and "yo....I'm cool...See it?"

Would love to see the OG grow comparison. The difference in them just wasn’t worth keeping multiple plants around. They were too similar for my liking when dealing with space issues. Some varieties tried were:

Legend
Skywalker
SFV
King Louis
Larry

Am waiting to grab your HA OG and find a nice Tahoe to run/try.
Which OG did you keep?

The HAOG is a beast of a plant once flipped. She looks very similar to the Josh D.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Loam and compost! LOFL. I've had Bubba's that tasted like that. You know...like the dirt pot of old when someone would bury their Mexibrick stash cus they heard it made it more potent. (just before the dry ice cure in the cooler...LOL)

Can't say that the "OG's' were lacking in high or taste for the most part....more like they were all pretty much alike (like many feel with "Cookies") and the only differences were in the rooms they were grown in. Folks who have shared cuts and grown them extensively over years of time will know what I mean. Subtle differences via the same plant. Then you RENAME it and voila'...>>ANOTHER<< "Kush/OG" is born. Seems every 'hood in LA has a cut named after it... but like those 'hoods...there's no real difference other than the hype and how far folks will go to tag something as their own. "Larry" comes to mind..... "Suge" comes to mind.... Fuck me I'm ranting but hey...that shit gets old here. Same shit as the 70's. All mexibrick...but some folks always had to tag it "Oaxacan" or "Guerrero" even though they had NO fuckin clue WTF it truly came from. Just marketing and "yo....I'm cool...See it?"
Michoacán baby!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Todays cultivars are missing their plant alcohol esters. Why they all taste the same. Those are the secrets to flavor. A joint taste good all the way to the end.
My older stuff is so much more flavorful.
I use the botannicare "Sweet" for microbe food. (stoner alert, bear with me)

They have variations like "grape" and "citrus". I won't try to explain the science, but supposedly they use plant esters to supplement the sugars, and that they are supposed to enhance the terps more after the cure than making them smell nice in flower. They have videos if you want to look it up.

Anyway - would the artificial reintroduction of esters (of some kind) be more of a benefit than initially thought?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I use the botannicare "Sweet" for microbe food. (stoner alert, bear with me)

They have variations like "grape" and "citrus". I won't try to explain the science, but supposedly they use plant esters to supplement the sugars, and that they are supposed to enhance the terps more after the cure than making them smell nice in flower. They have videos if you want to look it up.

Anyway - would the artificial reintroduction of esters (of some kind) be more of a benefit than initially thought?
Those esters helps the plant fight disease and insects. For example, a plant will give off the smell of dead aphids to discourage infestation. Plus will gas off smells to attract good bugs etc. What these do for us is what we all are trying to find out. They do affect the quality and taste.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Those esters helps the plant fight disease and insects. For example, a plant will give off the smell of dead aphids to discourage infestation. Plus will gas off smells to attract good bugs etc. What these do for us is what we all are trying to find out. They do affect the quality and taste.
When I decided to try it, I had a GDP in veg so I got the "Grape". I have used it on various plants since, and never noticed anything different in the profile a plant was supposed to produce, but who knows. I have had healthier plants since using it, but I have gotten better at it since then too, and changed other things, so it falls into the "can't hurt" category for now.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
When I decided to try it, I had a GDP in veg so I got the "Grape". I have used it on various plants since, and never noticed anything different in the profile a plant was supposed to produce, but who knows. I have had healthier plants since using it, but I have gotten better at it since then too, and changed other things, so it falls into the "can't hurt" category for now.
To get a good, tasty plant, you have to get to a very high brix.

Todays cultivars are missing their plant alcohol esters. Why they all taste the same. Those are the secrets to flavor. A joint taste good all the way to the end.
My older stuff is so much more flavorful.
What’s your older stuff?
Which OG did you keep?

The HAOG is a beast of a plant once flipped. She looks very similar to the Josh D.
I kept the Skywalker. I should have kept a cut of the SFV, but am hoping if I want it again in the future Ill be able find it. I’d also be curious to run the Josh D on its own.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Is this where supposed terp enhancers like Terpinator come into play? Not saying they work but I am intrigued by them.
A 5/2 mix of Amino acids and kelp will energize the plant to produce more sugars, which raises your Brix. The higher the Brix, the better your food tastes. You want to try and get your Brix to about 12 on a "spectrometer".
Like Todd used in Breaking Bad to measure the quality of the meth he made. lol
You will have the best taste, the highest amount of terps and THC. (With enough of the right photons from your light source.) Co2 and intense light will get you up there in Brix.
Please don't quote me on this, but I believe my memory serves me right most of the time. lol

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
A 5/2 mix of Amino acids and kelp will energize the plant to produce more sugars, which raises your Brix. The higher the Brix, the better your food tastes. You want to try and get your Brix to about 12 on a "spectrometer".
Like Todd used in Breaking Bad to measure the quality of the meth he made. lol
You will have the best taste, the highest amount of terps and THC. (With enough of the right photons from your light source.) Co2 and intense light will get you up there in Brix.
Please don't quote me on this, but I believe my memory serves me right most of the time. lol
Good info thanks man. I use hi-brix molasses for my bennie tea feed and this is the only time I've heard of that term. Makes sense.

SSGrower

Average Grower
Well, this is specific to the hype vs. the experience. With the wall-to-wall chatter about that plant, you were expecting some real fireworks. So it's not so much that I'd toss "one-noters" (they are just another color in the palette), it's just a disappointment in light of the extreme expectations of such a lauded cut.

Does CnC = Exotic's Cookies N Cream -or- Greenpoint's Cookies N Chem, something else?

When I look at Exotic gear pics, I see the OGKB. I don't know which cookie he uses, but just going by the look that's what I'd guess. If that's the case, OGKB is one of the more mutant cuts, so it would not be surprising to have mutated progeny.

Lucinda Williams = Williams Wonder x C99

The original William's Wonder catalog listing mentions difficulty initiating flower outdoors, so depending on the nature/timing of the mutation, this may be a contributing factor.
Interisting I did flower LW outdoors this spring but used light dep as the days got longer.

The mutations I have seen have been right off the bat, wrinkled leaves causing stunted growth, If you wanna hunt through 1000 seeds for the gem pm me.

I am so far out of the loop hype passes me by.

Greenpoint's Cookies and chem.

I can understand being dissapointed by someting that is one note, I typically mix strains throughout the day, often not know for sure which bud I grabbed until after I exhale.

My heart goes out to those that use this plant for anything other than recreation.