Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I do like all the nuances of this plant I love and love to grow, but being a chronic pain patient, it will always come down to potency, in one form or another. Along with being pain dude, also severe anxiety and depression, so my go to either sledgehammer or def ind dom sledgehammer. I can handle couple roller coaster hills, lol, just not the loop d loops the whole time most days or sat dom's have. Some days, many days most like are just weak sauce to me I'm sure due to body chemistry. Per the taking a break analogy, lol, tell that Ms dude, or cancer patient, or amputee to take a break awhile from their pain meds for their tolerance to drop, lol. See what they say. I feel the same, cept I do run-out and try to tighten up my game to eliminate that prob. Work in progress. Lol having said all that, wish I had bunch extra and a squisher, that deal seems exciting, but it don't work with no extra, lol

Funny that you see the one dimensional high as a detractor while I quite prefer it and would rather not have the rollercoaster.
Well, this is specific to the hype vs. the experience. With the wall-to-wall chatter about that plant, you were expecting some real fireworks. So it's not so much that I'd toss "one-noters" (they are just another color in the palette), it's just a disappointment in light of the extreme expectations of such a lauded cut.

I chose to use the CnC male.
Does CnC = Exotic's Cookies N Cream -or- Greenpoint's Cookies N Chem, something else?

When I look at Exotic gear pics, I see the OGKB. I don't know which cookie he uses, but just going by the look that's what I'd guess. If that's the case, OGKB is one of the more mutant cuts, so it would not be surprising to have mutated progeny.

With regard to mutants, one of the other strains (Lucinda Williams) hit in this CnC chuck seems to have a high mutant count.
Lucinda Williams = Williams Wonder x C99

The original William's Wonder catalog listing mentions difficulty initiating flower outdoors, so depending on the nature/timing of the mutation, this may be a contributing factor.
ww.png

I do like all the nuances of this plant I love and love to grow, but being a chronic pain patient, it will always come down to potency, in one form or another. Along with being pain dude, also severe anxiety and depression, so my go to either sledgehammer or def ind dom sledgehammer. I can handle couple roller coaster hills, lol, just not the loop d loops the whole time most days or sat dom's have.
Potency is a bit of a general term, but you definitely covered it with, "in one form or another". I know you have a special affinity for Chem D (she root?) and even wading around in that side of the pool I think she has a high that progresses. The rollercoaster analogy was more to convey a progression of the high, not necessarily symbolism for rushing sativa-like qualities (the analogy works for heavy indy's as well as soaring sativas). That Chem D will hit hard, swell your eyes, slow shit down, and bolt your ass to the seat. But these nuances develop over the duration of the high. I usually get the worst case of munchies from Chem D about 30mins into it. You can describe her high with varied descriptors which was the point I was getting at. She's not just a demotivating zombie high.

Per the taking a break analogy, lol, tell that Ms dude, or cancer patient, or amputee to take a break awhile from their pain meds for their tolerance to drop, lol. See what they say.
This is definitely a point I can appreciate. I've stolen Bodhi's smoking/testing habit of trying to limit myself to one smoke/bowl per day in an effort to keep tolerance low enough to pick up on a pheno's nuance. This is something I reserve for the end of testing things to really get a feel for the peripheral qualities.

But sometimes I'll overindulge and the real potent (in one form or another) players start to shine. So I agree some people need stuff that can be felt through the fog of a high tolerance. I like to focus on the plants that are both potent and multifaceted in their high. I don't think they are necessarily mutually exclusive.

D

Deleted member 60

"fog of high tolerance"......LOFL....I certainly resemble that remark. It took me many years to get here though...

@SecretSquirrel summed it up pretty well for me. Taste first...potency second. I don't find the mish-mash of today's overcrossed selections to play out much differently in highs. Yes..there are some that you can tell are a bit more heady....at first...but they too will fade into the sameyness of the day in my world. It's truly the deep terps that stand out here. The "pedestrian" tasting plants...potent or not...get the chuck. (OK..made into hash...I never chuck anything unless it HERMS) Most of what I do gets made into concentrates with far more THC in em.....yes...it's that tolerance thing again...LOL. I can smoke any flower you put in front of me....and will likely lather it up with rosin and stick some bub in there as well... cus fuck me...no flower tastes like THAT (or hits like that..LOL) Flower is just the carrier for the good stuff here....Heehee...

fuckin old people....

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
I can tolerate most any terps with finished product but during flower some strains I have grown that while good to great smoke I absolutely hate the smell growing it, GMO I can barely stand the smell in flower and to a lesser degree the taste. Citrus , berry, fruit, baked goods, earth, pine and even Janitorial cleaner , fuel smells are all good but that GMO I have to run from, don't know why but it is a hard no to Me. Killer smoke tho.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
My criticisms aren’t borne from the wrong pheno; to my knowledge there are only a handful of cookie cuts and a slew of cookie hybrid cuts. I’ve grown/smoked/still have some so I’m not speaking about it after having popped a pack of (GSC x ?).
The OGKB and Forum cut both have very low yields, stability issues, and a high that doesn’t quite compensate for the first two issues.

If you’ve grown cookie things and liked it, more power to you. But I’m also speaking bout the GSC itself, not just seed hybrids with it. The only hybrid I personally really enjoyed from seed was Chem D Cookies (Connoisseur Genetics). But it took Chem D exerting influence on the plant for me to find it that enjoyable, so I wouldn’t really then credit everything to cookies and ignore Chem D.

Finding the right pheno is a criticism that could be leveled to literally every plant/cross. I’m sure if I pop 1000 seeds of anything, I’ll find something worth keeping. The question is, with the insane plethora of choices that exist, why would I spend so much time and money sifting through seeds to try to find a good representation plant, of which I’ve already had the cut and wasn’t moved by it? The forum cut can make buds more dense and frostier, but if all that frost turns out to just be window dressing on an otherwise “good” plant, what exactly is the GSC bringing to the table? Not to mention this assumes her mutated, finicky, and unstable growth traits don’t also express.

I don’t hate the Cookie plant. To the extent I have strong feelings towards the plant is because it is the exemplar of how hype can overcome genetics. I cannot remember a single cut that was as hyped to the moon and back and for as long as the Girl Scout Cookies has been.

When it hit, that plant literally took over half of the seed bank menus in less than a year, based on what? A few rappers, a handful of people who read about it on ICMag, and an even smaller group of people who actually grew it out and tried it? It is the plant whose reputation preceded itself on a monumental scale. I’m sure the hype surrounding it served those who started it, but I think it painted the plant into a corner. Who could possibly deliver on all that hype; the high had to be a 3.5g shroom trip to even begin to not be considered a let down. To me, Girl Scout Cookies is just OG Kush’s retarded cousin. I’d take just about any OG over a cookie.

I’ve had/have cookie cuts, the real things, not hybrids or S1, (and many hybrids from seed) and wasn’t blown away with the smoke. The OGKB has a nice quality to the high, but it’s not the strongest or most multi-dimensional experience (I find cookie highs to be generally muddled without many ups/downs). In particular, the OGKB has a higher than average level of CBG that can have medical uses, so in that respect it should be considered.

I think if GSC were just released like most other strains, the barrier for acceptance by many wouldn’t be as high considering everything you’re expecting to get from her. Take for instance this thought experiment:

Imagine I hit the thread with some new line I’ll call Cardboard OG and I say:

Oh shit guys, I have this really killer plant called Cardboard OG. Throw away all your other seeds; this shit is the most tremendous cannabis available. It’s the frostiest shit you’ll ever see, but you have to pop 1000 seeds to find one that is relatively close to this one I’m showing you pictures of. Oh, and by the way, while you’re doing this 1000 seed pheno hunt, you’ll be dealing with shitty yields (sorry bout trying to recoup those electric costs), many viable herms (sorry about seeding your rabbit turd buds), and about 15% of these 1000 plants will be so mutated that it probably won’t grow beyond the stretch once flipped. And if, I reiterate IF, you’re lucky enough to find a pheno close to this one, you’ll find the high to be roughly on par with other highs you can find in a 10 pack of good seeds with better yields and less stress.

Now would you think to yourself: “Holy shit! I gots to get me some of these! And all for the low, low price of $300 for 7 seeds! Whoa! And there are no grow reports with it, and anyone who questions it MUST be a hater, right?!

-or-

Would you think: “Hmmm, it would seem ole Schwaggy needs to put some more work into that Cardboard OG.

?

Change Cardboard OG to GSC; Strip away the mystique and this is the story I see.

I understand how this post can be seen as a rant AT you; please know that it’s not. These are thoughts about a plant I feel took over a scene in a weird direction based not on the merits of the genetics, but on the marketing prowess of a few. If you love cookie plants and all her variants, Fu-cking Awesome! That’s great you found a plant that really clicks with you and find worthy for breeding projects and smoking forever; we all could be so lucky to find that. But if one finds a need to rush to a plant’s defense by questioning other growers’ resolve whenever they don’t agree with an assessment through replies that could apply to literally every strain ever (just grow tons more seeds to find one you like), it would seem like a case of confirmation bias and not general merits of the plant.
Our man schwaggy doesn't rant, this is almost a PSA. I like cookies just as much as any other weed lover. Solid feedback on the most hyped strain of the current times. "rapper" just totally got me lmfao! This is real. Before growing my own I was like, "I got the Berner" or "I got the thin mint" cuz it's all I knew from the street (then weedmaps) stuff. All for personal too! I still like the taste and smell of the "cookie" because it is different than what I've known. With true cannabis lovers they know what's real.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
For purposes of OPSEC, I’ll limit my answer to: Chemistry 🤓

I understand these are your thoughts, and as such, are not an invitation for debate. I would like to address one point though…

I think this criticism would be more applicable for alcohol, as there is only one inebriating chemical constituent, ethyl alcohol (ethanol). When you enter a liquor store or bar, a quick scan would leave one feeling as though there is a panoply of varying methods of “catching a buzz”, similar to walking into a dispensary and seeing walls of jars, etc.

But the difference between the 2 substances is that all of the different alcohols are really just different flavors of a varied concentration of one chemical, ethanol. So that the drunk you get from wine is the same drunk you get from whiskey. There may be some qualitative differences arising from the volume needed to achieve the same total intake of alcohol (feeling “full” from having to drink a few beers vs. a shot of bourbon), but the “drunk” you feel is the same (leaving out the effect from caffeine containing mixers and congeners) across all forms of consumable ethanol.

With this, one could then say, “If a shot of x% alcohol by volume is not getting you buzzed, then you need a break,” and enjoy majority consensus. But I think this argument becomes problematic when applied to cannabis because the “high” one experiences is the result of a symphony of several inebriating chemical constituents. If THC is the only deciding factor, then questioning someone’s tolerance in response to a lackluster high would be more apropos.

Leaving out the entourage effect of the several chemicals inherent to specific phenos/strains, having varied levels will result in different highs for different peoples’ biochemistry. So that the effect of alcohol can be likened to a single dial representing “level of buzz”, that could be increased or decreased with intake; but ultimately, only changing degree and not necessarily character. Whereas the effect of a specific type of cannabis would be better described as a mixer board of various characters all with differing levels of presence, experiencing constant shifts among these various levels through time.

I find cannabis that has more dimension (to continue the anology, think more individual levels on the mixer board) and progresses or unfolds as the high matures to be of better quality than cannabis that acts like the alcohol dial. More specifically, I find cookie highs to be “one-note”. So I don’t claim that I feel nothing when I smoke cookies, the problem I find is that the high is very “one dimensional” and doesn’t exactly progress. You smoke, you feel generically high, and in 1hour you’re no longer generically high.

As contrast, the high I experience from Chem Kesey, begins as a quick and overwhelming buzzsaw anxiety that can quickly become too stimulating. Colors are too bright, sounds are too loud and your mind begins to race. 20 minutes in, the overstimulation begins to be more controllable and a relaxing stone starts to settle. You feel the goofy grin creep across your face, you’re compelled to be active and find inhibitions are less limiting. A jolt of anxiety can return for a short spell, but the tail end of the experience gently brings you back down to reality. This up/down rollercoaster is a far more enjoyable experience with specific character owing to this cut's inherent chemical symphony.

So while I feel cookies, it’s more like driving in a fast car down the interstate. It might be going as fast as the roller coaster, but there are no twists, turns, start/stops, it’s “one-note” like the alcohol for me.
This is a great testament to why "Marinol" did not achieve the same benefits as Cannabis. It is not just THC that achieves the desired purpose.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Our man schwaggy doesn't rant, this is almost a PSA. I like cookies just as much as any other weed lover. Solid feedback on the most hyped strain of the current times. "rapper" just totally got me lmfao! This is real. Before growing my own I was like, "I got the Berner" or "I got the thin mint" cuz it's all I knew from the street (then weedmaps) stuff. All for personal too! I still like the taste and smell of the "cookie" because it is different than what I've known. With true cannabis lovers they know what's real.
I did a "bored-stoner" search into the genetics of my seedbank, and found I have some cookies in the lineage - who knew. I have Blueberry Freeze that @J.James F2'd that is strawberry gelato and blueberry cookies.

D

Deleted member 60

I love how everyone sees it differently and finds this or that more interesting than that or this.

That is most certainly some solid feedback from Schwaggy. I had the Forum cut pretty early on. I was so stoked....it was a gift from a friend/fellow grower who didn't share much so i felt kinda special that he let me in on it. I have to say that I wasn't all that disappointed in the high....it's on par with a lot of the mish-mash out there in my book....and I certainly wasn't disappointed with the frost it put on....it was the yield that killed it for me because I was in the commercial/slingin game then and all of my grow space was cash focused. I grew that cut only once...took up 1/2 the room like an idiot...and wow...it was sad. I was like "GROW you fuckin bitches..." but nope....super short/squat and while rock hard....just not much there overall. Everybody who got any clamored for more...and couldn't understand why I wasn't gonna be offering it anymore...LOL. Sorry. That was one cut I didn't let the market dictate to me what to grow..like say Chem D and some of the (samey!) "OG's.

Gonna revisit some seeds with the GSC in it and see what is there now that I could care less about yields. It's just something I want to check out....cus I just blew it off before so very bigly. There's no denying those crosses make killer hash. That is certainly what impressed me the most about that cut. (and Thin Mints x's as well)

I was in the commercial/slingin game then and all of my grow space was cash focused. I grew that cut only once...took up 1/2 the room like an idiot...and wow...it was sad.
I've made this mistake before and it's an expensive lesson to learn. Another similar lesson: Don't assume the market is keeping up with the forums and hype as closely as you are. You can end up with a lot of "internet cool kids" bud that real life people have never heard of.

some of the (samey!) "OG's.
Which OGs have you found lacking? I was planning an OG grow with different cuts, interested which ones fell short for you.

Would love to see the OG grow comparison. The difference in them just wasn’t worth keeping multiple plants around. They were too similar for my liking when dealing with space issues. Some varieties tried were:

Legend
Skywalker
SFV
King Louis
Larry

Am waiting to grab your HA OG and find a nice Tahoe to run/try.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Would love to see the OG grow comparison. The difference in them just wasn’t worth keeping multiple plants around. They were too similar for my liking when dealing with space issues. Some varieties tried were:

Legend
Skywalker
SFV
King Louis
Larry

Am waiting to grab your HA OG and find a nice Tahoe to run/try.
I'm not fond of the SOG I've grown. Really potent, snow for days, but it tasted like a subtle combination of peat, loam, and compost :) (dirt)