Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

GCG

Dinosaur
Yeah, I knew the chance was there,
But was hoping the C99 and having multiple filial preservations would've gotten rid of it. Not all projects go the way you'd like, but better to pull back and regroup than push through and double down on the problem.
How many breeders today would take this approach? Not very many, so impressed with your process and commitment.
We've all heard some form of this question, Which 3 people from throughout history would you like have dinner with?
I'm going
Jesse Owens
Darwin
Schwaggy P

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I think it would depend on the goal? To me it seems like a well thought out process, but also one that some wouldn't have the room for. I guess it depends on how big you let them get before you start thinning the herd.
When it's comes to truly breeding tho how many truly commit to stabilizing and securing all wanted traits. I'm talking about breeders outside of this site. More so towards the more well known or "popular" banks.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When it's comes to truly breeding tho how many truly commit to stabilizing and securing all wanted traits. I'm talking about breeders outside of this site. More so towards the more well known or "popular" banks.
Cool - because I plan to randomly toss plants together and hope to make seeds, then grow them out and see what happened LOL

Last edited:
I’ve been working on a mainstay male. I wanted a plant that would allow the female’s smell, taste, and high to come through relatively unscathed. Ideally, his influence would be expressed as:
  • Increased frost
  • Denser nugs
  • More compact structure
  • Mold resistance
  • Stabilizing intersex tendency
  • Quicker finish
Some of these traits may not be "sexy" (think about the last time you saw an IG post with, "Holy shit! Look at the mold resistance on that bitch!" -or- "Man, I can really taste the structure"), but I think these are important.

After growing out multiple crosses using my selected Skunky Brewster male, I’ve noticed that he has many of these qualities. I’d credit the Iraqi male used in the SkunkyB for the increasing frost, solidifying yield/density, and stabilizing any hermie hints.

I’ve been very pleased with the Skunky crosses; the Skunky D in particular, as it seems to have amplified the Chem D profile across many phenos. In an effort to tamp down the SkunkyB male's terp profile, I used my favorite Skunky Brewster female that is very light on terps and more of the compact height after stretch to “backcross” a SkunkyB hybrid using the F1 male. I’ve since selected a male from this population that will hopefully check all of the boxes.

Skunky B female
skunkyb lady!.jpg
He has started dropping pollen and I’ll be dusting every female as they pass through the flower rooms. I like the Chems and OGs but they can throw a nanner later in flower and stretch incredibly. The SkunkyB F1 male hybrids showed a more compact flower height, strengthened branch structure, beefier/frostier buds while sporting the momma’s terps. My aim is to continue this trend with a male that has even less influence on the traits that made the females so beloved.

New male dropping pollen
skunkmale.png
This male will hopefully be able to accomplish multiple goals with broad application:

1) As a commercial flower grower, you will be able to have great representations of popular cuts that express the traits observable as a smoker (smell, taste, bag appeal, high) while improving the traits observable as a grower (better structure, quicker flower, less finicky, reduced nannerism). Some cuts are great smoke, but non-grower smokers have a tendency to think the only thing that’s good is “super dense nugs bro!”, so fluffy buds can get overlooked. These beefed up versions of the cuts greatly increase bag appeal while maintaining the mother’s character.

2) As a breeder, you will have stock from which to draw that keeps the character of the beloved female cuts with practical improvements that will impart great grower-conscious traits.

3) As a personal small-scale grower, you’ll be able to experience ceiling buster famed cuts in a small-space friendly package.

I love skunk funk, but this particular male needs to be muted so the mommas can shine through in a quicker, frostier, shorter frame. With all hopes articulated, the ultimate test of how close this male is to success will come from growing out multiple mixes of progeny.

As of today he's dusted:
  • Chem D
  • ECSD
  • Strawberry Cough
  • SSH
  • Granny Skunk
  • Gelato 45
  • Trainwreck S1
  • Alien Grapevine

How many breeders today would take this approach? Not very many, so impressed with your process and commitment.
We've all heard some form of this question, Which 3 people from throughout history would you like have dinner with?
I'm going
Jesse Owens
Darwin
Schwaggy P
Wow, thanks for the kind words. That's high praise I greatly appreciate. My time machine is on the fritz, so I wouldn't be able to grab the other two fellows right now but if you're picking up the check, I may be able to arrange that dinner :D.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The skunky VA...wow that is not what i was expecting. I have a single in a waterfarm and 2 in a bubble bucket. The waterfarm one...what a wonderful fruity aroma. The vaguest of skunky back note but really nice and the buds are fattening up hard.
The bubble bucket got the other side of the pair. But the aroma is still slightly fruity.

GMO cake made me think it was going to be NASTY like stanky skunky nasty but it is a very pleasent surprise. I have 4 seedlings started up and i am glad i do. A beauty strain for sure.

only a couple of weeks from chopping it :D

I got the strains because i gleaned so much from reading Schwaggy's material i felt i had to get some genetics to add to my 3Thirteen order.

I am very happy with that order! Thanks man!

The skunky VA...wow that is not what i was expecting.
Phenotypes:
Chem’91skva leaners: Longer internodes, shorter bladed leaves, 1-3-1 ratio to leaf blades, less dense bud structure, mint green calyxes punctuated by dark secondary/tertiary sugar leaves, earthy/fuel nose

Skunky Brewster leaners: Shorter stature, long narrow leaf blades with deep “Rambo knife” serrations, evenly distributed leaf blade ratio, double-take frost coverage, sweet/berry nose, shaggy sugar leaves

Taste/Smells: sweet, berry, earthy, fuel, hash
GMO cake made me think it was going to be NASTY like stanky skunky nasty but it is a very pleasent surprise.
The GMO is Chem D based. The Chem D is a lady that really brings the raunch to the terp profile. The Skunky D would be the one to pull these nasty smelling plants that remind you of sour hot garbage and all sorts of stink. The Chem'91 doesn't really have any inputs from the gross side of the smell spectrum. On longer cured flower of the Chem'91 I can pick up hints of peaches in the "chem" smell when ground up.

A beauty strain for sure.
I am very happy with that order! Thanks man!
I'm so glad you like her, thanks for the update!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I went to take a picture and the lights were off. And seeds...well im done with that shit so they can stay dark.
:)
The seed description is right on the money man. I really thought for some reason it would be roadkill skunk and i am so very happy it is not. Because roadkill aromas...not my jam at all...who would want roadkill jam anyway?
You want strawberry jam, blueberry grape and Schwaggy Skunky VA jam...because I know that is my jam..
Tomorrow i will have pictures.
And in my defense...4 years ago i bought weed because it was 'good' 'great' and thats about it. Now i grow my own and i choose my great...good can hit the bricks.

SecretSquirrel

Tree Enthusiast
I’ve been working on a mainstay male. I wanted a plant that would allow the female’s smell, taste, and high to come through relatively unscathed. Ideally, his influence would be expressed as:
  • Increased frost
  • Denser nugs
  • More compact structure
  • Mold resistance
  • Stabilizing intersex tendency
  • Quicker finish
Some of these traits may not be "sexy" (think about the last time you saw an IG post with, "Holy shit! Look at the mold resistance on that bitch!" -or- "Man, I can really taste the structure"), but I think these are important.

After growing out multiple crosses using my selected Skunky Brewster male, I’ve noticed that he has many of these qualities. I’d credit the Iraqi male used in the SkunkyB for the increasing frost, solidifying yield/density, and stabilizing any hermie hints.

I’ve been very pleased with the Skunky crosses; the Skunky D in particular, as it seems to have amplified the Chem D profile across many phenos. In an effort to tamp down the SkunkyB male's terp profile, I used my favorite Skunky Brewster female that is very light on terps and more of the compact height after stretch to “backcross” a SkunkyB hybrid using the F1 male. I’ve since selected a male from this population that will hopefully check all of the boxes.

Skunky B female
He has started dropping pollen and I’ll be dusting every female as they pass through the flower rooms. I like the Chems and OGs but they can throw a nanner later in flower and stretch incredibly. The SkunkyB F1 male hybrids showed a more compact flower height, strengthened branch structure, beefier/frostier buds while sporting the momma’s terps. My aim is to continue this trend with a male that has even less influence on the traits that made the females so beloved.

New male dropping pollen
This male will hopefully be able to accomplish multiple goals with broad application:

1) As a commercial flower grower, you will be able to have great representations of popular cuts that express the traits observable as a smoker (smell, taste, bag appeal, high) while improving the traits observable as a grower (better structure, quicker flower, less finicky, reduced nannerism). Some cuts are great smoke, but non-grower smokers have a tendency to think the only thing that’s good is “super dense nugs bro!”, so fluffy buds can get overlooked. These beefed up versions of the cuts greatly increase bag appeal while maintaining the mother’s character.

2) As a breeder, you will have stock from which to draw that keeps the character of the beloved female cuts with practical improvements that will impart great grower-conscious traits.

3) As a personal small-scale grower, you’ll be able to experience ceiling buster famed cuts in a small-space friendly package.

I love skunk funk, but this particular male needs to be muted so the mommas can shine through in a quicker, frostier, shorter frame. With all hopes articulated, the ultimate test of how close this male is to success will come from growing out multiple mixes of progeny.

As of today he's dusted:
  • Chem D
  • ECSD
  • Strawberry Cough
  • SSH
  • Granny Skunk
  • Gelato 45
  • Trainwreck S1
  • Alien Grapevine
Holy shit look at the mold resistance on that bitch ROFLMAO thats my new catch phrase

Last edited: