Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

The 88G13HP seems to have narrowed the Chem leaves a bit in this cut of Chem Kesey (Chem'91skva x 88G13HP), but the branching and tendency for nice elongated structure stays strong.
ck9comp.jpg
Here is a side-by-side with the Chem '91 skva and (Chem '91skva x C99) from Dominion Seed Co. You can see the Chem dominance in this pheno.
cindy'sdogcomp.jpg
Don't mind the river of purple velvet, little known tidbit: Chemdogs love purple velvet😉
cindy'sdogcompB.jpg
cindy'sdogcompC.jpg

Comparison between Chem D leaf traits and Useful's Chem D x Banana Kush leaf traits. These characteristics have been observed in 3 phenos of the Chem D x Banana Kush. They seem sporadic and do not affect all leaves.
chemd vs. cdbk.jpg
The three corollary traits are:
  • Variegation
  • Leaf deformation occurring with (but not necessarily always in conjunction with) instances of variegation
  • Double serration

The Skunk VA having the lankier branching needs the most support while she’s stretching. I have a topped and untopped Skunk VA on the same tray, and she does better when topped. She is eager to branch and has a surprising amount of vigor in doing so. The untopped version can take off on you. This tent has non-Chemdog stuff too; gives you an idea of the relative height.
topped.jpg

The JB doesn’t have the same overly tall stretch that the Skunk VA has. This is not to say she isn’t vigorous, here is the same JB three days apart.
chemdogsday15.jpg
Chemdogsday18.jpg
The JB shines in the smell department. Even in veg, she has a deep kushy oil-rag funk. Whenever I disturb the JB, she starts to smell something fantastic (makes taking clones enjoyable).

The Chem D is the most finicky, flashing her leaf variegation and deformations at a higher pH. I usually keep the pH 5.7-6.0, but if it ticks up above 6.0, she gets antsy. While it’s a thin margin for error, she’s a good pH indicator.

All of the Chemdogs have similar stigma, not overly thick or thin.
chemday12A.jpg