Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Can you take a stab at the Cookie smell and taste? I think I've had a couple good phenos and that cookie nose is present in many crosses as well. I have no idea why I have such a hard time nailing it down.
I’ve had two fire batches. The following is just an ol mangs ramblings and loose ass antidotal evidence so reader discretion is advised. I find the American (Ontario included lol) Classic cookies to taste quite literally like cookies with a distinct blueberry (or some kinda berry) note to it. The BC Canadian classic is same as the former but replace berry with mild chocolate/coffee cookie.
F@ck sakes now I’m craving cookies and it a long drive to the nearest store.. and id have to smash and grab cause nobody stays open late.. damn man.. gotta go google some recipes and do this from scratch. ✌

How is the Durban Thai High Flyer doing?
I just took down a table of the females. Some still leaned heavily to the Durban-Thai side and were not 8weekers by any means. They smelled like oranges and ivory soap. There were 2 that had nanners, so I'm hitting the pause button on the full pollination run using the male DTHF. I'll be collecting his pollen and doing small batches of the intended crosses, just enough for a few test runs of each cross for further assessment.

Since I wanted the DTHF for the high, I think given these developments, it would be better to use a stable keeper female pheno expressing the ceiling-less-ness in a cross instead of a male. I'll be calling an audible on the breeding tent and using a new male I developed with the Skunky Brewster as a base. I'll have a post describing him much more soon.

Last edited:
Forgive me for back tracking this ol cookie convo but I d like to weigh in.
I always stick up for the cookies cause I had to just have a blast of that right cut and now I been missin her.
it can be done but no one said it would be easy. I found a pheno while back that yielded savage and had a mediocre taste even but it was practically hemp. Sounds like @Hogbackmagic found the potency but lacks yield.
My criticisms aren’t borne from the wrong pheno; to my knowledge there are only a handful of cookie cuts and a slew of cookie hybrid cuts. I’ve grown/smoked/still have some so I’m not speaking about it after having popped a pack of (GSC x ?).
The OGKB and Forum cut both have very low yields, stability issues, and a high that doesn’t quite compensate for the first two issues.

If you’ve grown cookie things and liked it, more power to you. But I’m also speaking bout the GSC itself, not just seed hybrids with it. The only hybrid I personally really enjoyed from seed was Chem D Cookies (Connoisseur Genetics). But it took Chem D exerting influence on the plant for me to find it that enjoyable, so I wouldn’t really then credit everything to cookies and ignore Chem D.

seems to me that if one wants the good cookies You gots ta do a rrrreal hearty pheno hunt and put a lot of love (time,effort) into that.
Finding the right pheno is a criticism that could be leveled to literally every plant/cross. I’m sure if I pop 1000 seeds of anything, I’ll find something worth keeping. The question is, with the insane plethora of choices that exist, why would I spend so much time and money sifting through seeds to try to find a good representation plant, of which I’ve already had the cut and wasn’t moved by it? The forum cut can make buds more dense and frostier, but if all that frost turns out to just be window dressing on an otherwise “good” plant, what exactly is the GSC bringing to the table? Not to mention this assumes her mutated, finicky, and unstable growth traits don’t also express.

But anyways the point I’m vaguely circling here is that we hate the cookies cause we jealous hoes. 😆 I personally wasn’t ready for that type a work but Damn I want that shit!! (without doing the work of course)
I don’t hate the Cookie plant. To the extent I have strong feelings towards the plant is because it is the exemplar of how hype can overcome genetics. I cannot remember a single cut that was as hyped to the moon and back and for as long as the Girl Scout Cookies has been.

When it hit, that plant literally took over half of the seed bank menus in less than a year, based on what? A few rappers, a handful of people who read about it on ICMag, and an even smaller group of people who actually grew it out and tried it? It is the plant whose reputation preceded itself on a monumental scale. I’m sure the hype surrounding it served those who started it, but I think it painted the plant into a corner. Who could possibly deliver on all that hype; the high had to be a 3.5g shroom trip to even begin to not be considered a let down. To me, Girl Scout Cookies is just OG Kush’s retarded cousin. I’d take just about any OG over a cookie.

I’ve had/have cookie cuts, the real things, not hybrids or S1, (and many hybrids from seed) and wasn’t blown away with the smoke. The OGKB has a nice quality to the high, but it’s not the strongest or most multi-dimensional experience (I find cookie highs to be generally muddled without many ups/downs). In particular, the OGKB has a higher than average level of CBG that can have medical uses, so in that respect it should be considered.

I think if GSC were just released like most other strains, the barrier for acceptance by many wouldn’t be as high considering everything you’re expecting to get from her. Take for instance this thought experiment:

Imagine I hit the thread with some new line I’ll call Cardboard OG and I say:

Oh shit guys, I have this really killer plant called Cardboard OG. Throw away all your other seeds; this shit is the most tremendous cannabis available. It’s the frostiest shit you’ll ever see, but you have to pop 1000 seeds to find one that is relatively close to this one I’m showing you pictures of. Oh, and by the way, while you’re doing this 1000 seed pheno hunt, you’ll be dealing with shitty yields (sorry bout trying to recoup those electric costs), many viable herms (sorry about seeding your rabbit turd buds), and about 15% of these 1000 plants will be so mutated that it probably won’t grow beyond the stretch once flipped. And if, I reiterate IF, you’re lucky enough to find a pheno close to this one, you’ll find the high to be roughly on par with other highs you can find in a 10 pack of good seeds with better yields and less stress.

Now would you think to yourself: “Holy shit! I gots to get me some of these! And all for the low, low price of $300 for 7 seeds! Whoa! And there are no grow reports with it, and anyone who questions it MUST be a hater, right?!

-or-

Would you think: “Hmmm, it would seem ole Schwaggy needs to put some more work into that Cardboard OG.

?

Change Cardboard OG to GSC; Strip away the mystique and this is the story I see.

I understand how this post can be seen as a rant AT you; please know that it’s not. These are thoughts about a plant I feel took over a scene in a weird direction based not on the merits of the genetics, but on the marketing prowess of a few. If you love cookie plants and all her variants, Fu-cking Awesome! That’s great you found a plant that really clicks with you and find worthy for breeding projects and smoking forever; we all could be so lucky to find that. But if one finds a need to rush to a plant’s defense by questioning other growers’ resolve whenever they don’t agree with an assessment through replies that could apply to literally every strain ever (just grow tons more seeds to find one you like), it would seem like a case of confirmation bias and not general merits of the plant.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
I just took down a table of the females. Some still leaned heavily to the Durban-Thai side and were not 8weekers by any means. They smelled like oranges and ivory soap. There were 2 that had nanners, so I'm hitting the pause button on the full pollination run using the male DTHF. I'll be collecting his pollen and doing small batches of the intended crosses, just enough for a few test runs of each cross for further assessment.

Since I wanted the DTHF for the high, I think given these developments, it would be better to use a stable keeper female pheno expressing the ceiling-less-ness in a cross instead of as the male. I'll be calling an audible on the breeding tent and using a new male I developed with the Skunky Brewster as a base. I'll have a post describing him much more soon.
Bummer, I figured the cindy would have calmed that down, I guess that one you have is 25% thai and the one i have would be 50% without the cindy being throwed into it so mine should be worse, he didnt mention it but its inevitable.

Bummer, I figured the cindy would have calmed that down, I guess that one you have is 25% thai and the one i have would be 50% without the cindy being throwed into it so mine should be worse, he didnt mention it but its inevitable.
Yeah, I knew the chance was there,
SSSC. Durban-Thai Highflyer.png
But was hoping the C99 and having multiple filial preservations would've gotten rid of it. Not all projects go the way you'd like, but better to pull back and regroup than push through and double down on the problem.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Yeah, I knew the chance was there,
But was hoping the C99 and having multiple filial preservations would've gotten rid of it. Not all projects go the way you'd like, but better to pull back and regroup than push through and double down on the problem.
Lol, does the intense high make you forget about the few hermies? Hard to forget about those even as a basic consumer much less a breeder.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
I'm still holding and working the first cookie bagseed I ever found, first grow experience with it, i was blown away by the smell in flower, harvest, all the way through and transformed into the taste. Never once lost that intense smell from cut down through drying, cure and all. I had never smelled cannabis like that, none of the fruity sweet sativas even smelled this way. I could sell that shit after a few days drying and people loved it. Me and my buddies joke about it because I can move it practically wet and the taste is there, crazy. The high is nothing really special. I've since had the cuts but the nose and taste is different. It's an easy grower but you really have to nail it to get bag appeal and it's no hash plant like the others, no frost past the calyxes but shes oily, greasy. I'm trying my best to get it locked down into seed but idk. None of the crosses I've made yield anything special on a consistent basis so I'm seeing the aggravation.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I think schwaggs is becoming a potency king, imo. I love him. ChemD crosses, good og crosses, no nonsense, and don't beat that long flowering sat drum to death. It either makes or breaks quick in your garden. Kudos to you sir. By the way, 91granny looking good, and I got all 4 of the chemd x black lights up goin, and they most vigorous of the lot. Big ole fat leaves on em, beautiful.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
My criticisms aren’t borne from the wrong pheno; to my knowledge there are only a handful of cookie cuts and a slew of cookie hybrid cuts. I’ve grown/smoked/still have some so I’m not speaking about it after having popped a pack of (GSC x ?).
The OGKB and Forum cut both have very low yields, stability issues, and a high that doesn’t quite compensate for the first two issues.

If you’ve grown cookie things and liked it, more power to you. But I’m also speaking bout the GSC itself, not just seed hybrids with it. The only hybrid I personally really enjoyed from seed was Chem D Cookies (Connoisseur Genetics). But it took Chem D exerting influence on the plant for me to find it that enjoyable, so I wouldn’t really then credit everything to cookies and ignore Chem D.

Finding the right pheno is a criticism that could be leveled to literally every plant/cross. I’m sure if I pop 1000 seeds of anything, I’ll find something worth keeping. The question is, with the insane plethora of choices that exist, why would I spend so much time and money sifting through seeds to try to find a good representation plant, of which I’ve already had the cut and wasn’t moved by it? The forum cut can make buds more dense and frostier, but if all that frost turns out to just be window dressing on an otherwise “good” plant, what exactly is the GSC bringing to the table? Not to mention this assumes her mutated, finicky, and unstable growth traits don’t also express.

I don’t hate the Cookie plant. To the extent I have strong feelings towards the plant is because it is the exemplar of how hype can overcome genetics. I cannot remember a single cut that was as hyped to the moon and back and for as long as the Girl Scout Cookies has been.

When it hit, that plant literally took over half of the seed bank menus in less than a year, based on what? A few rappers, a handful of people who read about it on ICMag, and an even smaller group of people who actually grew it out and tried it? It is the plant whose reputation preceded itself on a monumental scale. I’m sure the hype surrounding it served those who started it, but I think it painted the plant into a corner. Who could possibly deliver on all that hype; the high had to be a 3.5g shroom trip to even begin to not be considered a let down. To me, Girl Scout Cookies is just OG Kush’s retarded cousin. I’d take just about any OG over a cookie.

I’ve had/have cookie cuts, the real things, not hybrids or S1, (and many hybrids from seed) and wasn’t blown away with the smoke. The OGKB has a nice quality to the high, but it’s not the strongest or most multi-dimensional experience (I find cookie highs to be generally muddled without many ups/downs). In particular, the OGKB has a higher than average level of CBG that can have medical uses, so in that respect it should be considered.

I think if GSC were just released like most other strains, the barrier for acceptance by many wouldn’t be as high considering everything you’re expecting to get from her. Take for instance this thought experiment:

Oh shit guys, I have this really killer plant called Cardboard OG. Throw away all your other seeds; this shit is the most tremendous cannabis available. It’s the frostiest shit you’ll ever see, but you have to pop 1000 seeds to find one that is relatively close to this one I’m showing you pictures of. Oh, and by the way, while you’re doing this 1000 seed pheno hunt, you’ll be dealing with shitty yields (sorry bout trying to recoup those electric costs), many viable herms (sorry about seeding your rabbit turd buds), and about 15% of these 1000 plants will be so mutated that it probably won’t grow beyond the stretch once flipped. And if, I reiterate IF, you’re lucky enough to find a pheno close to this one, you’ll find the high to be roughly on par with other highs you can find in a 10 pack of good seeds with better yields and less stress.

Now would you think to yourself: “Holy shit! I gots to get me some of these! And all for the low, low price of $300 for 7 seeds! Whoa! And there are no grow reports with it, and anyone who questions it MUST be a hater, right?!

-or-

Would you think: “Hmmm, it would seem ole Schwaggy needs to put some more work into that Cardboard OG.

?

Change Cardboard OG to GSC; Strip away the mystique and this is the story I see.

I understand how this post can be seen as a rant AT you; please know that it’s not. These are thoughts about a plant I feel took over a scene in a weird direction based not on the merits of the genetics, but on the marketing prowess of a few. If you love cookie plants and all her variants, Fu-cking Awesome! That’s great you found a plant that really clicks with you and find worthy for breeding projects and smoking forever; we all could be so lucky to find that. But if one finds a need to rush to a plant’s defense by questioning other growers’ resolve whenever they don’t agree with an assessment through replies that could apply to literally every strain ever (just grow tons more seeds to find one you like), it would seem like a case of confirmation bias and not general merits of the plant.
All good points. I also was kinda getting at the point that although it’s interesting smoke, I’m not personally willing to do said work and I don’t really buy into the rapper hype lol. Don’t even get me started on all the “guerrilla glue” going around 😆.
not offended by the rant. Good info 👍

SSGrower

Average Grower

-or-

?

Curious what field(s) you hold an advanced degree in? Or are you self educated?

My thoughts -
Yield - Meh, dont care I'm not growing for profit and I dont have any trouble keeping stocked.

Potency - if >20% THC not getting you high then you need a break.

Flavor - Mmmmmm thats the ticket.

Intersex - Yeah, thats an issue. (To my knowledge none seen on the f2s of f3s).

I think schwaggs is becoming a potency king, imo. I love him. ChemD crosses, good og crosses, no nonsense, and don't beat that long flowering sat drum to death. It either makes or breaks quick in your garden. Kudos to you sir. By the way, 91granny looking good, and I got all 4 of the chemd x black lights up goin, and they most vigorous of the lot. Big ole fat leaves on em, beautiful.
Much appreciated, we're all aspiring for the crown.

Good morning Schwaggy.
Or midday for you. Lol
I've got 5 of the original Chem 91 skva x Skunky Brewster growing on and have been looking back at your pics in reference to them.
Absolute beauties they are too, mine and yours. Lol
😍😍😍
The question I have is in regards to the leaf count in determining their leanings.
Looking back the Chem and the SB both seem to have 5 pointed main leaves. Or have I just not seen the right pics? Lmfao, or maybe I can't count with my shoes on. 😂😂😂😂
I'm getting 7 and 9 pointers primarily. Only the lower older leaves have the 5 points.
They're not fully sexed yet but I have two for sure males, one of each 7 & 9 # of points.
View attachment 30754
Haha, and I have this 3 top self topped mutant. It has some spiral double ended leaves on it. Lol.
Letting it go just to see what becomes of it.
View attachment 30755
I can get some better pics later when I get by my grow bros place.
Well it's now 9 leaf, and 11 leaf variations. Lol.
The newest growth has even more points of the leaves.
The influence of the Skunky B male seems to be he takes the buds of the female and puts them on his structure/frame. Spotting the '91 leaners early will be easier as the Chem'91 starts with shorter fatter (mostly 3-5) blade leaves like the triple self topper pictured. As the Chem'91 starts stretching and flowering the fans take on a narrow/elongated character and become more difficult to differentiate from the Skunky B leaves. Generally, the more blades hint at the Skunky B, but he'll allow the mothers buds to take the stage as she puts on nug meat.

Curious what field(s) you hold an advanced degree in? Or are you self educated?
For purposes of OPSEC, I’ll limit my answer to: Chemistry 🤓

My thoughts -
I understand these are your thoughts, and as such, are not an invitation for debate. I would like to address one point though…

Potency - if >20% THC not getting you high then you need a break.
I think this criticism would be more applicable for alcohol, as there is only one inebriating chemical constituent, ethyl alcohol (ethanol). When you enter a liquor store or bar, a quick scan would leave one feeling as though there is a panoply of varying methods of “catching a buzz”, similar to walking into a dispensary and seeing walls of jars, etc.

But the difference between the 2 substances is that all of the different alcohols are really just different flavors of a varied concentration of one chemical, ethanol. So that the drunk you get from wine is the same drunk you get from whiskey. There may be some qualitative differences arising from the volume needed to achieve the same total intake of alcohol (feeling “full” from having to drink a few beers vs. a shot of bourbon), but the “drunk” you feel is the same (leaving out the effect from caffeine containing mixers and congeners) across all forms of consumable ethanol.

With this, one could then say, “If a shot of x% alcohol by volume is not getting you buzzed, then you need a break,” and enjoy majority consensus. But I think this argument becomes problematic when applied to cannabis because the “high” one experiences is the result of a symphony of several inebriating chemical constituents. If THC is the only deciding factor, then questioning someone’s tolerance in response to a lackluster high would be more apropos.

Leaving out the entourage effect of the several chemicals inherent to specific phenos/strains, having varied levels will result in different highs for different peoples’ biochemistry. So that the effect of alcohol can be likened to a single dial representing “level of buzz”, that could be increased or decreased with intake; but ultimately, only changing degree and not necessarily character. Whereas the effect of a specific type of cannabis would be better described as a mixer board of various characters all with differing levels of presence, experiencing constant shifts among these various levels through time.

different highs.png

I find cannabis that has more dimension (to continue the anology, think more individual levels on the mixer board) and progresses or unfolds as the high matures to be of better quality than cannabis that acts like the alcohol dial. More specifically, I find cookie highs to be “one-note”. So I don’t claim that I feel nothing when I smoke cookies, the problem I find is that the high is very “one dimensional” and doesn’t exactly progress. You smoke, you feel generically high, and in 1hour you’re no longer generically high.

As contrast, the high I experience from Chem Kesey, begins as a quick and overwhelming buzzsaw anxiety that can quickly become too stimulating. Colors are too bright, sounds are too loud and your mind begins to race. 20 minutes in, the overstimulation begins to be more controllable and a relaxing stone starts to settle. You feel the goofy grin creep across your face, you’re compelled to be active and find inhibitions are less limiting. A jolt of anxiety can return for a short spell, but the tail end of the experience gently brings you back down to reality. This up/down rollercoaster is a far more enjoyable experience with specific character owing to this cut's inherent chemical symphony.

So while I feel cookies, it’s more like driving in a fast car down the interstate. It might be going as fast as the roller coaster, but there are no twists, turns, start/stops, it’s “one-note” like the alcohol for me.

Last edited:

SSGrower

Average Grower
Funny that you see the one dimensional high as a detractor while I quite prefer it and would rather not have the rollercoaster. I did not mean to neglect entourage effect as it is my assumption that though thc might be the focus of current breeders/seed makers the other cannabinoids have not been bred out.

Opinions are not often up for debate, thanks for the response hopefully you don't mind if I use your knowledgebase. Dont know if you remember but you had some good info regarding c99 and the double serration which is actuall the reason I chose to use the CnC male. Genetic lineage (among other things, lets not get into details here) is a weak point of mine.

With regard to mutants, one of the other strains (Lucinda Williams) hit in this CnC chuck seems to have a high mutant count.