Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I’ve been working on a mainstay male. I wanted a plant that would allow the female’s smell, taste, and high to come through relatively unscathed. Ideally, his influence would be expressed as:
  • Increased frost
  • Denser nugs
  • More compact structure
  • Mold resistance
  • Stabilizing intersex tendency
  • Quicker finish
Some of these traits may not be "sexy" (think about the last time you saw an IG post with, "Holy shit! Look at the mold resistance on that bitch!" -or- "Man, I can really taste the structure"), but I think these are important.

After growing out multiple crosses using my selected Skunky Brewster male, I’ve noticed that he has many of these qualities. I’d credit the Iraqi male used in the SkunkyB for the increasing frost, solidifying yield/density, and stabilizing any hermie hints.

I’ve been very pleased with the Skunky crosses; the Skunky D in particular, as it seems to have amplified the Chem D profile across many phenos. In an effort to tamp down the SkunkyB male's terp profile, I used my favorite Skunky Brewster female that is very light on terps and more of the compact height after stretch to “backcross” a SkunkyB hybrid using the F1 male. I’ve since selected a male from this population that will hopefully check all of the boxes.

Skunky B female
He has started dropping pollen and I’ll be dusting every female as they pass through the flower rooms. I like the Chems and OGs but they can throw a nanner later in flower and stretch incredibly. The SkunkyB F1 male hybrids showed a more compact flower height, strengthened branch structure, beefier/frostier buds while sporting the momma’s terps. My aim is to continue this trend with a male that has even less influence on the traits that made the females so beloved.

New male dropping pollen
This male will hopefully be able to accomplish multiple goals with broad application:

1) As a commercial flower grower, you will be able to have great representations of popular cuts that express the traits observable as a smoker (smell, taste, bag appeal, high) while improving the traits observable as a grower (better structure, quicker flower, less finicky, reduced nannerism). Some cuts are great smoke, but non-grower smokers have a tendency to think the only thing that’s good is “super dense nugs bro!”, so fluffy buds can get overlooked. These beefed up versions of the cuts greatly increase bag appeal while maintaining the mother’s character.

2) As a breeder, you will have stock from which to draw that keeps the character of the beloved female cuts with practical improvements that will impart great grower-conscious traits.

3) As a personal small-scale grower, you’ll be able to experience ceiling buster famed cuts in a small-space friendly package.

I love skunk funk, but this particular male needs to be muted so the mommas can shine through in a quicker, frostier, shorter frame. With all hopes articulated, the ultimate test of how close this male is to success will come from growing out multiple mixes of progeny.

As of today he's dusted:
  • Chem D
  • ECSD
  • Strawberry Cough
  • SSH
  • Granny Skunk
  • Gelato 45
  • Trainwreck S1
  • Alien Grapevine
This is going to be a solid project, hitting often overlooked aspects. It is a great exercise in utilizing otherwise "swept under the rug" traits that make up the true meat and potatoes of the plant. Kinda like the offensive line in football - not a glorious job but if you don't have a good left tackle, your right handed quarterback is gonna get plowed every snap. I am very excited to watch this in action.

"Holy shit! Look at the mold resistance on that bitch!" -or- "Man, I can really taste the structure"

Believe it or not I've actually had this happen, not in those exact words, but something similar ;)😄
snozberries.gif

I’ve been working on a mainstay male. I wanted a plant that would allow the female’s smell, taste, and high to come through relatively unscathed. Ideally, his influence would be expressed as:
  • Increased frost
  • Denser nugs
  • More compact structure
  • Mold resistance
  • Stabilizing intersex tendency
  • Quicker finish
Some of these traits may not be "sexy" (think about the last time you saw an IG post with, "Holy shit! Look at the mold resistance on that bitch!" -or- "Man, I can really taste the structure"), but I think these are important.

After growing out multiple crosses using my selected Skunky Brewster male, I’ve noticed that he has many of these qualities. I’d credit the Iraqi male used in the SkunkyB for the increasing frost, solidifying yield/density, and stabilizing any hermie hints.

I’ve been very pleased with the Skunky crosses; the Skunky D in particular, as it seems to have amplified the Chem D profile across many phenos. In an effort to tamp down the SkunkyB male's terp profile, I used my favorite Skunky Brewster female that is very light on terps and more of the compact height after stretch to “backcross” a SkunkyB hybrid using the F1 male. I’ve since selected a male from this population that will hopefully check all of the boxes.

Skunky B female
He has started dropping pollen and I’ll be dusting every female as they pass through the flower rooms. I like the Chems and OGs but they can throw a nanner later in flower and stretch incredibly. The SkunkyB F1 male hybrids showed a more compact flower height, strengthened branch structure, beefier/frostier buds while sporting the momma’s terps. My aim is to continue this trend with a male that has even less influence on the traits that made the females so beloved.

New male dropping pollen
This male will hopefully be able to accomplish multiple goals with broad application:

1) As a commercial flower grower, you will be able to have great representations of popular cuts that express the traits observable as a smoker (smell, taste, bag appeal, high) while improving the traits observable as a grower (better structure, quicker flower, less finicky, reduced nannerism). Some cuts are great smoke, but non-grower smokers have a tendency to think the only thing that’s good is “super dense nugs bro!”, so fluffy buds can get overlooked. These beefed up versions of the cuts greatly increase bag appeal while maintaining the mother’s character.

2) As a breeder, you will have stock from which to draw that keeps the character of the beloved female cuts with practical improvements that will impart great grower-conscious traits.

3) As a personal small-scale grower, you’ll be able to experience ceiling buster famed cuts in a small-space friendly package.

I love skunk funk, but this particular male needs to be muted so the mommas can shine through in a quicker, frostier, shorter frame. With all hopes articulated, the ultimate test of how close this male is to success will come from growing out multiple mixes of progeny.

As of today he's dusted:
  • Chem D
  • ECSD
  • Strawberry Cough
  • SSH
  • Granny Skunk
  • Gelato 45
  • Trainwreck S1
  • Alien Grapevine
Will these be released later etc? That SSH and TW...👌

Schwaggy, do you plan on S1'ing any of your cuts?
I don't have any plans to do large S1 runs for release. Sometimes I S1 something to explore different variations to find a pheno that expresses a more exaggerated form of a trait or try to find a pheno that leans more toward the cut's mother.

I've considered doing S1 or fem crosses but haven't convinced myself to pull the trigger. They would be my own created plants, something like (Schwaggy's Afghan Skunk F3)S1. If I'm just selfing and fem crossing elite cuts, then I'm not really selecting anything and would be apprehensive about feeling the pride that often comes from more strenuous multi-step selective work and would most likely get bored.

I've recently been impressed by Giesel and I may reverse her to pollinate an Appalachian Super Skunk (they share the Mass Super Skunk parentage). So if I were to put out any fems, it would be a couple, but not a full menu of S1 and fem-crosses.

Last edited:

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Holy shit look at the mold resistance on that bitch ROFLMAO thats my new catch phrase
bro I can taste the structure
Believe it or not I've actually had this happen, not in those exact words, but something similar ;)😄
View attachment 31303
giphy (41).gif
Get out my head please spry...🤪
Will these be released later etc? That SSH and TW...👌
+1 on both those strains (y)
+2 on TW if only a freebie in the future please let us know lol.
It's looking amazing in here. I can't help but want ceiling buster famed cuts in a small-space friendly package. I still need to get my hands on the black light. They still around or crosses of her? Friday I planned on saying fuck it, going without and dropping a few hundred on Schwaggy, Esosseeds and 3thirteen seeds. Most likely will miss GPS Black Friday sale. I just can't allow myself to wait anymore. They'll be gone with new lineups in place and I'll be disappointed I didn't just grab them.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I've made this mistake before and it's an expensive lesson to learn. Another similar lesson: Don't assume the market is keeping up with the forums and hype as closely as you are. You can end up with a lot of "internet cool kids" bud that real life people have never heard of.

Which OGs have you found lacking? I was planning an OG grow with different cuts, interested which ones fell short for you.
My list would be triangle, sfv, Larry, Tahoe, Josh, legend, haog.