Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Out of curiosity, have you had legit GG4 to compare? I don't get heavy pine, more husky artificial chocolate (think tootsie rolls) that smoothes into milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and then creamy coffee notes as the cure matures. Do you have access to the cut?

I've experienced two types of "pine": The subdued straight piney smell (similar to an air freshener), and the chemical cleaner pine (like pine-sol). The Xmas Bud will throw phenos of both pine profiles (I've found more pine-sol types) and I have some preserved; @HydroRed beat me to it :). You'll find pine-sol notes in certain OG's, but nothing as intense or reliably present accross all phenos as the Xmas Bud.

Be warned, these Xmas plants have almost no stretch to them, so make sure to veg them out with a ~25% stretch in mind. Since they stay so compact, they are not heavy feeders.
View attachment 23942
I really liked the male Xmas Buds, dropped tons of pollen (that's pollen on the upper-right plant).
View attachment 23943
Yes @Schwaggy P i have the real deal curing right know. I tried a sample couple of days ago and while still a little green . It is not even close to what i have been getting that has the heavy pine taste to it. Not sure the pine sol taste is what i am chasing more like the subdued pine you speak of. Thank you for the tips on growing her out.

Yes @Schwaggy P i have the real deal curing right know. I tried a sample couple of days ago and while still a little green . It is not even close to what i have been getting that has the heavy pine taste to it. Not sure the pine sol taste is what i am chasing more like the subdued pine you speak of. Thank you for the tips on growing her out.
Cool deal, was going to see if you'd like to give her a go. Agreed, pine is not a feature note to the GG4 smell. I have a couple Xmas Tree Bud crosses if you'd like to hunt different pine profiles beyond the straight pine-sol Xmas Bud pure. You're welcome for the tips, the lack of stretch was a shock in the first run, ended up with little pine stumps :D.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
On the subject of Gorilla Glue, my buddy found 20 seeds out of some killer GG about 3 yrs ago and I ran them last winter. I got the GG4 clone and harvested some outdoor just recently. The S1s absolutely murder the clone and I'm pretty sure it's the real clone. I got to reading about GG5 and its sounds spot on to the bagseed. Anybody ran the #5 or have any experience with it?

Last edited:

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
You have such cool genetics buddy. If I had the equipment I would bear your children’s for real. A big time fan boy right here 😆. When I see you’ve liked a post of mine my heart skips a beat and I inform anyone around me that Shwaggy P liked my picture.
“The hell are you on about?” they say, but I’ve already gone into another room and can barely hear the comment over the thumping sound of me patting myself on the back.

I think I will give the tomato cages a go this winter on my half gal coco round. 👍
I loved the post about pollenating moms while keepin them in veg. I’ve showed several non internet types this already. They are lucky to have a nerdy friend. Cheers bud ✌.
I wish you were close i have a bunch of cages i would give you @Uncle Romulus . I know @Schwaggy P likes them but i just could not get used to them. If you could figure a good way to anchor the base in the media they would work a lot better. If you bump into them they will move pretty easy. When you bump into buds that are staked just the one steak moves . When you bump into the cage the hole thing moves. I tried cutting some length off of the base of them to set the first circle right on top of the media. Still the same results.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
I wish you were close i have a bunch of cages i would give you @Uncle Romulus . I know @Schwaggy P likes them but i just could not get used to them. If you could figure a good way to anchor the base in the media they would work a lot better. If you bump into them they will move pretty easy. When you bump into buds that are staked just the one steak moves . When you bump into the cage the hole thing moves. I tried cutting some length off of the base of them to set the first circle right on top of the media. Still the same results.
I kinda liked the tomato cage idea but haven't tried it. Did you stab the 3 legs into your medium and still have problems? Bummer!

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I kinda liked the tomato cage idea but haven't tried it. Did you stab the 3 legs into your medium and still have problems? Bummer!
Yes and i even tried some contraption i attached to the legs to try and get some more surface area in the media. I was using coco as my media. Maybe they work better in soil. When @Schwaggy P sees this maybe he can chime in on how he stabilizes his.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Yes and i even tried some contraption i attached to the legs to try and get some more surface area in the media. I was using coco as my media. Maybe they work better in soil. When @Schwaggy P sees this maybe he can chime in on how he stabilizes his.
Haha! Funny you say that about the soil vs coco because that was exactly what I was thinking during that last post. I've always had trouble with small containers of coco unscreened falling over when it dries out, damn shit is sooooo light when dry. Soil would definitely be better imho, but i love the coco though.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
I feel like the shwagman just doesn’t bump into his 😆. I know I will tho.
Haha! Funny you say that about the soil vs coco because that was exactly what I was thinking during that last post. I've always had trouble with small containers of coco unscreened falling over when it dries out, damn shit is sooooo light when dry. Soil would definitely be better imho, but i love the coco though.
I do believe coco should never be left to get dry if one is using it properly

When @Schwaggy P sees this maybe he can chime in on how he stabilizes his.
I just shove them into the hydroton and wedge a few pebbles between the metal and side of the pot. This has been successful for years. The worst I deal with, is if the plant gets too top-heavy, they can fall towards the last couple weeks. If I know this is a possibility, I usually tie the top rings of adjacent cages together. This displaces the load across all plants, and with a few yo-yos connected to the perimeter cages can solidify any noncooperative plants. Once they go up on the table, I rarely bump into them so it's only unbalanced load that causes falling plants.