Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

I took a few clones at the first sign of pistols/stigmas, I should've took them earlier but I was covered up, and they all rooted but I guess cause shes so slow it takes longer for the hormones for her to revert back she formed a decent flower in the aero cloner. Only one of those appears like it may reveg, I chunked the rest and I have the mom in flower I may try to leave some lowers to reveg, which with this girl is unlikely. This girl changes everything I've learned about initiating flower or reversing it. Usually a solid week of a certain light cycle will build enough hormones to go either way, reverting back may take a little longer. I like to take my outdoor seed plants when they are old enough and throw them into flower for a week then throw them back into veg and then about a week later theyll start to show sex without going to deep into flower. Not the case with her!
Hopefully she'll reveg no problem. She seems to root no problem in veg, haven't tried a reveg.

Update on the test run of the Strawberry Cough and Durban-Thai ladies. The DTHF is displaying the structure one might expect with elongated (but sturdy) internodes, large fans, and eager branching. They are giving me Chocolate Thai flashbacks.o_O These are not giving the crazy stretch that the Chocolate Thai did (thankfully), so I'm very pleased to get the oldschool sativa goodness in a more cooperative frame.

I like to run the females of a pack to help in the male selection (if possible), to give me a better idea of which phenos give the "best" expression. For example, if I find that the females with the very narrow leaves seem to produce the more desirable plants, then the males with the narrow leaves may be the better choice for breeding. Admitedly, this is not a guarantee as phenos are not always uniform; but given that you have nothing to go by when you first pop a pack, it can give you solid information by which to select a male.

I usually keep the best male of each clear pheno from a population, so that when the results of the first run of females is done, I have the best representative of each respective pheno with which to move forward. There is also the added benefit of having a backup male of the genetic line in the event something goes wrong with your initial selection (loss to flowering in veg, cloning mishap, some terrible trait only discovered later, etc.).
DTC - 1.jpg
DTC - 2.jpg
The Strawberry Cough (Kyle Kushman cut) is really showing off the Haze in her genes. Her flower set is clearly a slower start compared to her more hybrid table mates and the leaf blades have me excited. The image in my head of what I want these Strawberry Highflyers to look like are right in line with the thin blades she's expressing.
Strawberry cough.jpg
The Super Silver Haze clones that were recently cut are still rooting, so she'll be getting her chance at flowering soon. I have a few "fruity" cuts that will most likely get the DTHF pollen for a series of Fruit Highflyers.

Been meaning to comment on this, this statement surprised me with all the fire you have. Do I detect a Green Crack line coming?

How similar was the original Green Crack to the Green Crack CBD strain you ran?
Well I guess the Afghan Skunk could be considered something akin to a Green Crack line. My GC is an S1 of the cut. I've smoked the original GC bud many times and really enjoyed it. The only critique is that it doesn't quite have the legs on the effect, kinda peters out around the 1 hour mark. This S1 on the other hand has just as hard an energetic hit, lasts into the 2hr realm, with an elevated astringent to the usual tropical nose of the original GC.

After finding this S1 pheno, I went heavily hunting other S1's thinking there must be something better, but haven't found anything to compete. It is almost a perfect plant, the structure being its weakness. Finishes in under 60days, sativa leaning, very odorous, amazing transfer to taste that lingers, instant hit to the head, effects are multidimensional and long-lasting, best quality sticky resin, probably the cut I'd run in to save in a fire (I can reacquire the other cuts, this one exists only with one other person (not sure if they still have it)).

The CBD plant is more fruity, almost non of the solvent aspect to the nose. The GCS1 also will blast your head into the clouds in a way the CBD wont. I can see the relative genetics comparing the two. I think the CBD is closer to the original GC as far as bouquet vs. the S1. I'll get ahold of the original GC cut and try a side-by-side, but (for me at least) this is one of those times when an S1 outperforms the original mother.

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Well I guess the Afghan Skunk could be considered something akin to a Green Crack line. My GC is an S1 of the cut. I've smoked the original GC bud many times and really enjoyed it. The only critique is that it doesn't quite have the legs on the effect, kinda peters out around the 1 hour mark. This S1 on the other hand has just as hard an energetic hit, lasts into the 2hr realm, with an elevated astringent to the usual tropical nose of the original GC.

After finding this S1 pheno, I went heavily hunting other S1's thinking there must be something better, but haven't found anything to compete. It is almost a perfect plant, the structure being its weakness. Finishes in under 60days, sativa leaning, very odorous, amazing transfer to taste that lingers, instant hit to the head, effects are multidimensional and long-lasting, best quality sticky resin, probably the cut I'd run in to save in a fire (I can reacquire the other cuts, this one exists only with one other person (not sure if they still have it)).

The CBD plant is more fruity, almost non of the solvent aspect to the nose. The GCS1 also will blast your head into the clouds in a way the CBD wont. I can see the relative genetics comparing the two. I think the CBD is closer to the original GC as far as bouquet vs. the S1. I'll get ahold of the original GC cut and try a side-by-side, but (for me at least) this is one of those times when an S1 outperforms the original mother.
Riot had that Green Crack S1, is it one of his or did you S1 it yourself? Makes me glad I snagged a pack of your Afghan Skunk, sounds right down my alley. That Granny Skunk Dad should help with the structure.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Hey @Schwaggy P , I have a question i am hoping you can help with. I have been getting some gg4 locally that i suspect is probably not the real deal . However i really like it mostly because of a heavy pine terpene in it. Do you know of any strains that have that heavy pine taste? Jesse recommended the 79? xmas bud. I did some looking around and did not see any available. Is there anything else you could recommend?

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Hey @Schwaggy P , I have a question i am hoping you can help with. I have been getting some gg4 locally that i suspect is probably not the real deal . However i really like it mostly because of a heavy pine terpene in it. Do you know of any strains that have that heavy pine taste? Jesse recommended the 79? xmas bud. I did some looking around and did not see any available. Is there anything else you could recommend?
I can gift you a pack of the 79 Xmas bud.

Out of curiosity, have you had legit GG4 to compare? I don't get heavy pine, more husky artificial chocolate (think tootsie rolls) that smoothes into milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and then creamy coffee notes as the cure matures. Do you have access to the cut?

I've experienced two types of "pine": The subdued straight piney smell (similar to an air freshener), and the chemical cleaner pine (like pine-sol). The Xmas Bud will throw phenos of both pine profiles (I've found more pine-sol types) and I have some preserved; @HydroRed beat me to it :). You'll find pine-sol notes in certain OG's, but nothing as intense or reliably present accross all phenos as the Xmas Bud.

Be warned, these Xmas plants have almost no stretch to them, so make sure to veg them out with a ~25% stretch in mind. Since they stay so compact, they are not heavy feeders.
XmasBud.jpg
I really liked the male Xmas Buds, dropped tons of pollen (that's pollen on the upper-right plant).
CTB males.jpg

Last edited:

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
You have such cool genetics buddy. If I had the equipment I would bear your children’s for real. A big time fan boy right here 😆. When I see you’ve liked a post of mine my heart skips a beat and I inform anyone around me that Shwaggy P liked my picture.
“The hell are you on about?” they say, but I’ve already gone into another room and can barely hear the comment over the thumping sound of me patting myself on the back.

I think I will give the tomato cages a go this winter on my half gal coco round. 👍
I loved the post about pollenating moms while keepin them in veg. I’ve showed several non internet types this already. They are lucky to have a nerdy friend. Cheers bud ✌.

You have such cool genetics buddy. If I had the equipment I would bear your children’s for real. A big time fan boy right here 😆. When I see you’ve liked a post of mine my heart skips a beat and I inform anyone around me that Shwaggy P liked my picture.
“The hell are you on about?” they say, but I’ve already gone into another room and can barely hear the comment over the thumping sound of me patting myself on the back.

I think I will give the tomato cages a go this winter on my half gal coco round. 👍
I loved the post about pollenating moms while keepin them in veg. I’ve showed several non internet types this already. They are lucky to have a nerdy friend. Cheers bud ✌.
:ROFLMAO: Thank you very much! I'm just a grower like anyone else, just happened to fall into some neat cuts people like to see.

Something to keep in mind if you like to really pack in the plants: I had to cut the top ring off of the tomato cages (smallest cages I could find) to fit one plant per square foot without the rings pushing each other over. Glad the veg mom seed post could help, I've showed a couple forum-hesitant people the seeds on veg moms and their eyes pop out, lol.

Thanks again!