Rosin info

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
The press came in today. A day early and on a holiday, pretty cool.
View attachment 29584
Super easy to use and the stand will be super cool when I’m pressing a lot at once.
ill be messing with times and temps and squishing a little bit tonight but I’m gonna wait till the bags get here to really get down.
my first squish on this press.
View attachment 29585
And these giant ice packs are so clutch right now lol
View attachment 29586
Congratulations on the new toy she looks badass. When you were looking at the presses did you learn what the advantage to having a unit that tilts like that is.? Just curious.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Congratulations on the new toy she looks badass. When you were looking at the presses did you learn what the advantage to having a unit that tilts like that is.? Just curious.
Yea actually that’s one of the reasons I bought this one lol. You can tip that bitch over and drip it straight into a jar or whatever container your shit ends up in. Less chance of it spilling out the back side if it blows out since gravity you know.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Gravity LOL

"It's not just a good idea, IT'S THE LAW!"

This has been a public service announcement...

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
I bought one of those Dulytek pre-press rigs with my press but have been too hard headed to play with it....
Gonna have to see if I can press and cut the block in half to fit the bags I have. The Duly bags are a bit larger and likely work well (I would hope...LOL) but they are far more expensive for some reason...so i buy another manufacturer's bags.

So how's that Diamonds ans Sauce coming? Sounds like good stuff.
Yea I just bought one of the 2x4 pre press molds it’ll be here tomorrow. I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread that if you pre press it you don’t need a bag. Unless I’m misunderstanding you that should save you a step there, by not having to cut a block in half lol. And save you some money on bags. That’s why I bought the mold, so I don’t have to use bags, even tho I have a bunch of 100 micron bags. They’re the dulytek ones and they work pretty well but I’ve never used any other bags so I don’t have anything to compare them to lol. Some dude in Instagram goes by the name of ryzenberg or something like that just hit me up trying to push his bags with a 20% off coupon. They seem legit and I found a bunch of people pressing with them online. I might use it to grab some 37 micron bags to press bubble for the diamonds and sauce. It’ll be a while before I get to that venture tho, I just got rid of all my trim I’ll need a couple harvests worth for the bubble. Maybe I’ll just fresh freeze a whole plant and go that route instead. It’ll be way more fire that way lol. And I need new bubble bags first cuz mine are trash lol. Always a fucking list. Sorry for the rant haha

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Yea I just bought one of the 2x4 pre press molds it’ll be here tomorrow. I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread that if you pre press it you don’t need a bag. Unless I’m misunderstanding you that should save you a step there, by not having to cut a block in half lol. And save you some money on bags. That’s why I bought the mold, so I don’t have to use bags, even tho I have a bunch of 100 micron bags. They’re the dulytek ones and they work pretty well but I’ve never used any other bags so I don’t have anything to compare them to lol. Some dude in Instagram goes by the name of ryzenberg or something like that just hit me up trying to push his bags with a 20% off coupon. They seem legit and I found a bunch of people pressing with them online. I might use it to grab some 37 micron bags to press bubble for the diamonds and sauce. It’ll be a while before I get to that venture tho, I just got rid of all my trim I’ll need a couple harvests worth for the bubble. Maybe I’ll just fresh freeze a whole plant and go that route instead. It’ll be way more fire that way lol. And I need new bubble bags first cuz mine are trash lol. Always a fucking list. Sorry for the rant haha
It was me talking about not using a bag but i am only pressing a puck the size of a half dollar. With that being said i have no idea how it would work with a mold that big without a bag.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
I have the bags so I'll use the bags and see if I can make it work in my press and if it somehow ups the yield/etc.

However....I do wanna see somebody slap 20-30 g's in a mold and squish it w/o a bag. On my 3 x 5 plates with a fat chunk of 2 x 4 material......I dunno how that would go....let's just say I think it would be interesting. Never say never though. I don't use IG anymore to see these guys doin what they do....w/o a phone that platform truly sucks. Kinda sucks anyway...LOL. All of that bling bait...the one in a thousand plant showcase...

Yeah man...a press can make most shit gold....and when it starts killer...wow....look out.

This Fuzzy is insane. I keep hittin it and tastin that peach taste and hittin it again...LOL. It's like Peach flavored Ice Tea...
Yea man I’m gonna see how much I can smash into the mold and then squish a fuck ton if I can lol. Should be cool I’ll take a video. I won’t be doing that till next harvest probably. I’m gonna start just running 2-4 plants every run specifically to press.
But damn man that fuzzy sounds crazy. Fucking peach terps lol

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
This afternoon im gonna run some bud to make honey oil. Only have a gram left. I use bud to make mine...usually the weakest strain I have.
Hash well I use my trim for that and man do I have a lot of trim lol. I don't have one of those washing machines to do hash. ...but I use a work pail with a drill and a paint mixer...then pour into the pail with bubble bags.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The biggest i have pressed were 14 gram round pucks i squished in a big kief press. The yield was just under 3 grams.
I didnt use bags until recently. The final product in bags is cleaner but you get more squeezing out of a puck. And squeeze that thing HARD....

You guys have me thinking i might go feel a couple of purple primate buds....maybe they can squish after 30 hours of drying.....

I really want to see if its pink !

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
I took a cap before work due to a little sore back from performing the Alberta drill maneuver last night on the Siberian Express. I am stoned now and lots of customers. I like it!!! No smell eyes aren't red and feel great.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I love it for that too. I admire your self control...1 cap...I knew when i ate that 8th gummy i should have just waited an hour but no...

I pressed 3 bags of really green purple primate...it blows up like a shotgun when you let the pressure out so its not advisble 30 hours after harvest except that....wow do the terps shine.

Like flash frozen live resin.

I will try a couple bags tomorrow to see if the blowout thing happens. I want to find that perfect dry for me that means its at its squishiest return and highest terp profile.

I was going to press it with the kief press but it was covered in hash and when i was admiring that i dropped the thing that fits inside and it rolled someplace. So i will find that later 🤔

The purple primate was offensively pledge smelling rosin on the sheet (i just did it) . I was really worried it would be awful and then when i fired up the vape pen it was like lemon merainge pie...sour lemon pie filling.

I bet it would be great in an oiler :D

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I will try a couple bags tomorrow to see if the blowout thing happens. I want to find that perfect dry for me that means its at its squishiest return and highest terp profile.
Wouldn't that be based on the rH? I mean, if you only let it dry out to a certain point, the age shouldn't matter - I get that you want to get that perfect point as it dries. Have you thought about trying different rH Boveda packs?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've noticed that the 62% is perfect for long term storage, but if you grind it and roll one it tends to go out. It'll burn fine while you remember to hit it, but when the head-rush is gone and you go to take another it's out.

So I was already thinking about getting the next lower rH pack they offer for my "daily smoke". There might be one of the higher ones that make it the perfect "squish" 🥴

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
How do you smoke the fresh stuff? Do you need a special glass bowl, etc? The live rosin stuff? Sorry stupid question

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
You can get a rosin or wax pen pretty cheap. On the res i got an evoke for 40 bucks CDN and i like it better than my 100 dollar kandypen.

They have a cup that holds the rosin that has some system of ignition (quartz or metal coils and all sorts of coils). Whatever the evoke has in it fires up rosin real nice. Big fat clouds and you can run an iceborn in the middle if you like to cool it down. (its a thing you put in the freezer that is like an ice bong attachment)

I have one of them someplace (it came free with a vape).

For rosin, vape pens work amazingly well. You have to be efficient with it or it doesnt work as well so rosin lasts a while with it too.

Nothing beats a fat greasy oiler if you can smoke it. Coughing is exercise !

But for flavor a wax pen is the best. I like that multi screen idea I will have to try that,

Another thing you can do...and this one is tasty too is roll some buds in the rosin.....dust it in kief to make moon rocks :D and fire those up in any pipe. I But you will be high!

And rosin should taste good right away it doesnt have to sit out. Your squish is ok so its in the combustion.