Rosin info

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
My personal best was 20% return (weigh buds before and weigh rosin after). With that dulytech clamshell press.

But I am kind of in the same boat as @stiickygreen yield is not what drives me. My reasons are different because i make edibles from the pucks and i like an edible the most of all.

I only press the best rosin. Never black or even colored other than the tint of the flower (hues of golden or green or pink/purple/red).

But if I were to buy a press right now I would really only get a automatic set the pressure press. Because i really see almost everything i grow turning into concentrates. I love them.

If you get a good press and start getting the knack of it you will be pressing a lot of flowers too. So think like that. Get the one that costs more you will NOT be sorry. I guarantee it.

I am not sorry. I almost sold the one i have because I never had enough to make it work right. Or enough trichs in buds. Now its all working out and that press. My wife is usually right. Do not sell that press she said. You will want to make rosin.

And she does not puff at all. But she loves the way it smells and my passion for growing.

This public service announcement is brought to you by rosin and hash....OMG I believe it is working. :D

Last edited:

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
My personal best was 20% return (weigh buds before and weigh rosin after). With that dulytech clamshell press.

But I am kind of in the same boat as @stiickygreen yield is not what drives me. My reasons are different because i make edibles from the pucks and i like an edible the most of all.

I only press the best rosin. Never black or even colored other than the tint of the flower (hues of golden or green or pink/purple/red).

But if I were to buy a press right now I would really only get a automatic set the pressure press. Because i really see almost everything i grow turning into concentrates. I love them.

If you get a good press and start getting the knack of it you will be pressing a lot of flowers too. So think like that. Get the one that costs more you will NOT be sorry. I guarantee it.

I am not sorry. I almost sold the one i have because I never had enough to make it work right. Or enough trichs in buds. Now its all working out and that press. My wife is usually right. Do not sell that press she said. You will want to make rosin.

And she does not puff at all. But she loves the way it smells and my passion for growing.
Yea I feel that. Yield isn’t my #1 thing but if I can pay a couple $100 more and yield ~ 10% more every time then I’m definitely gonna do that lol. I’m sure I’ll use the fuck out of it, I love rosin. It’s a good thing my birthday is in 10 days, it made it super easy to get the okay from the old lady. Not sure if she would have given me shit anyway, she’s pretty cool. She smokes a ton, just doesn’t like concentrates very much and ever since legalization fucked us all over, she’s the real bread winner lol.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
I can relate. My OD flowers are very nice but all I can think of when I look at the bags of buds is how much rosin I can press from 'em....Heehee.

If I had a market (and 7K) I'd but a Pure Pressure rig with some big, fat plates and a fully adjustable squish cycle.. Fuck me....talk about going through some product....

did you pull the trigger @TheSpaceFarm ?????
That would be a beautiful sight to behold lol. You could press some fat globs with that thing hahah. But no I didn’t pull the trigger yet. I’m waiting till Monday to buy it so I don’t have to tap into savings, weekends are the money-making time over here.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
@TheSpaceFarm get the one @stiickygreen has

Man its a lot but i promise zero regrets. And that is worth a gabillion dollars.

Do not rely on being an ogre with muscles...I am getting older and i throw my back out making rosin.

so yeah i am going to be a standup cannabis comedy artist next year.

Or retire.

Yup retire and grow weed sounds good to me. Letter goes to the boss Jan 1 2020

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
@TheSpaceFarm get the one @stiickygreen has

Man its a lot but i promise zero regrets. And that is worth a gabillion dollars.

Do not rely on being an ogre with muscles...I am getting older and i throw my back out making rosin.

so yeah i am going to be a standup cannabis comedy artist next year.

Or retire.

Yup retire and grow weed sounds good to me. Letter goes to the boss Jan 1 2020
Damn dude fucking your back up pressing rosin? That’s terrible lol
But yea retiring and growing sounds ideal man

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I feel like half of Arnold !.....I am here to pump you up.

The manual press has its advantage you just have to walk sideways for maximum effect.
rosin arms bod.jpg

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I just remember when i pressed an oz and there was not enough to scrape off to wet a paper...WTF...another oz...same thing.
Canuck seeds...
With the right strain its almost weird how much you can squeeze.

Welchie was stellar squeezing. I dont measure anymore but you know how much you get if you press kind of the same every time.
HB Skeleton Cookies was the king of all time!
Dubstep was a little under that.

All of them different all of them exemplifying the flavor profile of the strain more than a doob ever would.

I will run through the next few strains in my rooms and then decide. I will keep to a pair of strains for each occasion and run Flood and Drains just for concentrates.
1 for hash
1 for rosin

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
You guys got me so stoked for this press lol. I can’t wait to start squishing shit. After some inner debate I decided to go with the dhp7. I’m gonna buy it today. Which micron size do you guys use for the bags?

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
I buy the Rosin Industries 90 micron bags in the 100 pack. $44 or so. BGhydro or Zenhydro are my go to's.

I'd like to try some 110's but have yet to find anything comparable to the prices for the 90's. (not that they are cheap 'er anything...but these are the cheapest I've found and they work great...)
Thanks dude. I appreciate ya.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
If you ar
You guys got me so stoked for this press lol. I can’t wait to start squishing shit. After some inner debate I decided to go with the dhp7. I’m gonna buy it today. Which micron size do you guys use for the bags?
If you are making carts or something else there is a need for the bag. If not you can try without a bag. I bought bags when i bought my press but have never used the first one. If you are pressing prepressed pucks you do not get that much (if at all )plant material in the resin. If you do get a piece just pick it out.

Attachments

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
I may end up pressing nugs without the bags if it’s all the same but I still need the bags for pressing bubble and whatnot. Thanks for the info guys. I just ordered that press a couple hours ago 🤘

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
What is silicone paper...i use parchment...is there something better :D

And while you are waiting for the press.....get a couple of quarters (or dollar coins if you have them) get a pipe and a clamp to squeeze your nugs between them and make pucks

Its a lot cheaper than a kief press. You just want to contain them in a hard even top and bottom hunk. A square jig would be the shit.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I may try it w/o a bag just to see what happens.....but as I've mentioned previously....I like the bags for convenience and pre-packing...and I prefold my silicone paper as well. Then I can just focus on running bags and scraping papers when I do a squish session.
Curious about the silicone paper as well. And remember an old dog can learn new tricks. LOL

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
What is silicone paper...i use parchment...is there something better :D

And while you are waiting for the press.....get a couple of quarters (or dollar coins if you have them) get a pipe and a clamp to squeeze your nugs between them and make pucks

Its a lot cheaper than a kief press. You just want to contain them in a hard even top and bottom hunk. A square jig would be the shit.
Atta boy. I love the ingenuity !

D

Deleted member 60

I use this product.

Bought 2 packs for $5 each because the paper curls a bit when pulled out and they considered them "seconds". Looking for another sale like that...LOL. Either way....they are nice/work well/don't easily rip so I reuse them 3-4 times before chucking them. They are a bit big so that's why I came up with the "envelope" fold technique so it fits in the Duly.

Yup...old dogs..new tricks.... but I still like peein on the same tree.... :ROFLMAO:

And I just bought 300 bags...... Heehee......

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
It could also be related to the density of what you are pressing. The pucks i make are hard as rocks. 10 to 15 grams pressed into 1 1/4 inch diameter and 1 to 2 inches tall.

Sometimes i press it for a while to get it flat enough i can press it. But it pays off with some of the tackiest taffy you ever saw. Like molasses from the fridge.

Shake that laffy taffy.

There is no better exemplification of the terps and flavor of a strain than well pressed rosin.
I gotta get a dab rig, I purchased a dabbing vape pen.... waste of money

Highsince76

Super Active Member
I can vouch for the Dank Fung. But I must say I like the Hypnos Zero a little better. I have both. The Zero just seems less messy when using often, and more portable. Put a dust cap on it and carry it in my pocket about everywhere. But the Dank Fung will hold more and probably hit a little harder. I like both, and use them both regularly.
Don't mess with dabs, just fresh rosin, but have used "dab rigs" with rosin. Gets me high as hell, but to hard on my old lungs.