Rosin info

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
After being around all the bho shit out on OR, and seeing em use many diff solvents, and now seeing on IG per using propane, solventless seems the best to me, which leads to the squishing. Looked at press prices, I better start with the pipe first, lol. Thanks gents for the info

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Bodyne ......like @gwheels mentioned...you can use a pen....or a dab rig...etc. You can also heat it slightly and spread on a paper or top a bowl with it....or as I enjoy doing....hit it in a glass bong. I stack a series of stainless steel screens in the bowl and fire off small bits. The consistency of the product goes from gooey to shatter....so you just have to alter your prep a bit depending on what you wanna use to smoke it with.
Get a drop/gob/chunk on the tip of your knife or whatever. coat it in grinder keif. scrape it off and it sticks to the other knife. coat it in keif again. repeat ad nauseum from knife to knife until you can get it to drop into the bowl without sticking.

Having a one-hit of green in the bowl first helps keep it from "melting through" as it burns - or the multiple screens thing.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Been there, done that concerning the solvents as well. Once I ran good bub it was all over for that shit. Rosin just hammers the nail in the coffin further. I know there's no butane in any of it. No purging/fooling yerself needed.

Yeah...a press is an investment. However...knowing/having family back that way and hearing how they talk about the scarcity of such things......I think a guy could pay for one without blinking an eye if he were to buy one....jus' sayin'.
Facts. @Bodyne im sure it would pay for itself in no time. My old ladies cousin lives in your area, he’s always trying to get me to mail him shit cuz he pays insane prices for flower and rosin he says goes up to $70 a gram sometimes.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Lmfao @stiickygreen . Sasquatch smallest is 2k and apparently it does qtr bags worth lol. Can't find rosin or anything in my area. I'm the one handing out beans and small females from seed I have multiples of or no room for. But I'm looking at the presses and process. Plus if I snuck an outdoor plant or two. I'd have some to squish and like youins say, if I was broke, that prolly be quicker and more lucrative, not to mention for my ownself. Again, thanks for the info. Also, rumor has it those boys growing good looking hemp and then spraying with mail order THCa crystalline, and selling packs, lol. Bout time for a guy to do own thing. One last thing, I have many tool and die friends, is there any way to make a press? I figgered not lol. Other than hair straightener lol. Help a bro out if you see smaller presses priced right

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
The Duly's are warranteed for life I think. I've read some threads out there on making a press and to me it seems you'd be better off buying a finished press. You can beat the price but what's your time and aggravation worth?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
You can find the how to and what to buy for a press for about half of what a dulytech costs.

I have the first dulytech press that has a 3 x 5 plate and for what i smoke its plenty of press for me. I can fill up a couple of jars pretty fast. But i would not want to put a pound through it...unless i am making hash at the same time and then its not so boring

And i really like the thing. And just enough beeps and things to push so i dont get in trouble ! :D

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Rosin bags make a much nicer looking rosin. It comes out looking nice and clear and clean.

I like them a lot and my kief press is gummed up with kief.

I think i like bags better.

And that one day squish...in purple primate. Well against all logic that worked GREAT. And I thought maybe it was cold or something but at room temp it is the texture of shatter.

Like a thin layer of ice that broke into pieces..

Every strain behaves differently and some squish way more than others. But if you save the pucks or bags you can make some killer coconut oil later so there is no waste !

Highsince76

Super Active Member
If you have the funds, Dulytek may be the way to go. Never heard one complaint or a bad report on them. Pretty sure they set the standard on ready to go presses. American made and all the good shit.

But I'm known to some as being a tight ass. lol. Just ask my wife. But we'd be broke as fuck if she had free reign of savings and checking. lol
But if I can save a few bucks, and end up with as "good", or "about as good" of product, I'll usually go that route.Call me tight, Idc, I want to retire someday.
I'm not scared of diy projects and sometimes welcome them and consider myself pretty handy.

So I built my own by following info on the web and YouTube.
Sure it's not automatic, I have to pump. But I don't give a shit because I probably need the exercise and I don't make much per session. There's two kinds of pumping I don't mind doing. lol.
It's always covered and ready when needed. I just squeeze for myself basically. Now if I was spreading the "love", or smoking the shit out of it, I'd probably upgrade.

I bought a 12 ton chinese press from Harbor Freight, two 3 x 5 x 2 inch thick chunks of billet aluminum, odds and ends heating elements, inkbird heating controller from Amazon. Probably $200 - 300 for everything. Can't remember for sure, it's been over a year ago and I'm old. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

It all depends on what you want.

I do wish somebody was close with a dulytek, to have a little friendly competition. Could call it a "squeeze off"!
Of course it would include a taste comparison... toke, toke...
Start with a oz. of identical flower, and see what the difference would be in rosin weight... toke, toke..
Any taste differences? toke...toke...
Bud to Bud, press to press...
Good times!

Anyone up to visiting the rust belt, packing a dulytek?
Will furnish flower. lol

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Heehee...that's the same way I felt about the LED's. Yeah...you can build it....save a few $$....but I fortunately hit the point in life where I take the car to get the oil changed rather than rollin around on the cold garage floor. Presses are the same way. I spent years behind a milling machine.... it's someone else's turn to build shit now.
Truer words have never been spoken....the only one i keep doing is cars. I will be a monkey to save 100 an hour.

The rest i call a guy. But i like being a gearhead wrencher. It is where i used to smoke all my weed and its probably why i love fuel smokes....it smells like gears and grease....and thats almost as nice as a black marker (not those new shitty ones, the old ones with something bad in em)

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
65-90 on the retail market according to my sources....and yes....they clamor for sends. Sadly, the young uns I know don't seem to know how to deal contraband like we did @ their age. Buy 4 sell 3 smoke one for free.....all day long.....all year long. Nope...they just smoke it all..... and sends usually come up short here on the return flow. Such is why sends don't happen here unless I just wanna give you something. Just amazing shit I ain't gonna deal with. Fuckin kids. Ima smokin it all, bitches.
Yea I feel you. I send shit back home to Chicago for my sister but just small potatoes. I haven’t sold anything in a few years which kinda breaks my heart a little bit but it is what it is. At least the worry and looking over my shoulder days are gone.
Lmfao @stiickygreen . Sasquatch smallest is 2k and apparently it does qtr bags worth lol. Can't find rosin or anything in my area. I'm the one handing out beans and small females from seed I have multiples of or no room for. But I'm looking at the presses and process. Plus if I snuck an outdoor plant or two. I'd have some to squish and like youins say, if I was broke, that prolly be quicker and more lucrative, not to mention for my ownself. Again, thanks for the info. Also, rumor has it those boys growing good looking hemp and then spraying with mail order THCa crystalline, and selling packs, lol. Bout time for a guy to do own thing. One last thing, I have many tool and die friends, is there any way to make a press? I figgered not lol. Other than hair straightener lol. Help a bro out if you see smaller presses priced right
My press was only $480 after the discount dulytek gives new customers. It’s manual, but you can press a fuck ton on it and it’s really easy to jack up. Their clam press is in like the 300 range I think, I’m pretty sure that’s the one @gwheels has and he gets great results. @stiickygreen ’s press is the shit tho lol. I’m sure you could make a decent amount in your area. You can definitely make a press, but like stiicky told me when I was thinking about making one, the savings are negligible. You can get a harbor freight press for like $120 or so, the plates can be bought online and appear to be pretty easy to install but by the time you’ve bought all the parts you only save chump change and had to do it all yourself. Unless you get that clam press I’m pretty sure that would be cheaper than building one.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I got the DulyTeck DM800 used for $100. New it goes $200, refurbed on Ebay for $149. This is a small unit. It works and I'm glad I got it. No intention to upgrade for the amount of rosin I smoke. For me, bubble hash, just fits better with my program. I had a shit year outdoors, plants (except 2) were not worth drying. They were worth freezing fresh for hash though :)duly dm800.jpg

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
I'm right there with ya on sales. Had a friend from TX show up last Summer and it took a week for him to convince me I should get out the scale.....which hasn't been out in 6 years now. LOL. Then it was like.."um...i'm still on the old scale @ $400 a z....like it was for DECADES.....how much is weed now?" LOFL. Old and out of touch...by choice describes it here. And @ $150 each...it's just a kick in the nuts. Did get some seed $$$ though....so it worked out OK. Even so...i don;t miss anything but the roll of Bens about any of it....and if i want that now..i'll just go to the bank and make a withdrawal and pretend i'm back in the early 90's...

Think i'm gonna press some bags today.... the jars are gettin low........
Lol yea the cash is the only part I really miss. The rest of it can go die lol. I’m from The ghetto so it comes with a lot of risk where I’m from. I’ve been shot twice, had someone wear a wire on me, done a few years behind bars, this quiet life is very welcome lol. But yea dude $150 is just a kick in the dick for sure. The prices for hash/rosin (at least here in Colorado) are fucking free basically lol

Last edited:

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Just found it and check-in it out. 339 on Amazon. Looks like the way to go. Thanks gents, now I gotta find the right piece o glass to smoke it out of it I could do the multi screen in bong thing tho have screens already and bong lol