Rosin info

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I was thinking about how i was able to actually press rosin so soon after it was chopped and have it actually work (and texturally perfect).

And i believe it is the 90 micron bags. And that is why there was steam build up the water was not coming out into the rosin (the plant juice).. But it was building up like a tea kettle and whatever direction the open end of that bag is it goes BOOM and blows the hole bag of hot sticky bud bids with a blast.

no joke its a real mess and if you were right beside it it would probably suck.

I will press they a little dryer but it is possible. When i press that soon with a puck its watery and its not quite right. But i will try to compare something that has the same green to it (puck vs bag) and see if it makes a difference. It will prevent the BOOM but that is probably what is making the rosin work. Stand your x wife in front of it to catch it ! so you can use it for edibles..

I have some skunky va that is perfect for squishing. I am going to do a couple of bags later for sure.

Its too sticky to roll. Dense gooey buds. Should be a real hum dinger.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Fantastic yield on the skunky VA...i pressed an 11 gram bag and got 2.3 grams of perfect rosin. I got 4 grams total for 2 bags that had dried 3 or 4 days.. and then i started smoking it.
Rosin is pretty damned nice..

Cornfed Dread Creations

Super Active Member

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
What are the better parchment paper brands ?

I used fancy cooking stuff but i want tongive the silicone sheets a go.

Any of you have a preferred brand because its....unbleached or sometthng else handy?

Cornfed Dread Creations

Super Active Member
There should be a hash vape...like just for hash. First you heat it up...then you twist something to make it poof into balls and then you vape it over ceramic heat settings that include 1 notch higher...

The HasHeNstEIN 2000
What are the better parchment paper brands ?

I used fancy cooking stuff but i want tongive the silicone sheets a go.

Any of you have a preferred brand because its....unbleached or sometthng else handy?
Been liking Reynolds unbleached natural parchment paper for a bit now

Cornfed Dread Creations

Super Active Member
Cool. Thanks for the explanation/take.

I use Rosin Indistries bags (for flower).....2.5 x 3.25. By the 100 pack they are $.44 each. Not blow-out proof.....but to have one you really have to push the upper limits on what the bag will hold. (14 grams, supposedly)

Haven't pressed much hash. I never run out of meds :ROFLMAO:. In all seriousness though....any tips/challenges you've run into would be appreciated. The only times I tried it the yields were horrible and I make too nice of bub to waste it for a product I didn't see as being more superior. Always willing to learn something new though....

What return are you seeing when you are pressing bubble?
I run out getting my single source out to the people trying to share the terps .😁 I post up my process in a bit brother. Depending on dry , fresh frozen and the resin I'm working I do fresh frozen sift; wash it or drysift. And temp and length of time also depends on resin being worked. Never lower than 170 & never higher than 190

Cornfed Dread Creations

Super Active Member
I cover all bases and never run out of product to play with....even with the gifting to others that I tend to do frequently. If I pressed hash it would be for me :D All of my cancer/beat up in one form or another recipients are perfectly happy and muy high on the bub I crank out and have no need for anything more potent. Most of the folks I help out seem to like the bub more than the rosin..I believe, simply as a matter of convenience.

I use fresh frozen for my bub. Air dry. Do you air dry.......or by chance, use or have used a freeze dryer? If so..did you noticed a huge difference in the end product? I've seen some sick pics on IG (don't go there anymore) but I often wonder if those results are typical...or the one in a thousand/etc. I've made some nice squish but nothing like some of those shots illustrate. Just stoned/fully caffienated and pondering.....LOL.....
Check my IG @cornfed_dread_creations_ and I always get the results pictured from my material using my process. No freeze dryer microplane gang brother!. The smack your face monoterps and color are really I found due to my flash freeze of fresh material literally of the stalk to being frozen. Then I sift gently with 190micron or even 220 ( resin depending) for 30-45 sec. Air dry then press usually with 48hrs being of the plant. Then I wash said material and grade depending personal or it goes out. more lil variables but lil bit there for ya. IMG_20191220_175943.jpgIMG_20191226_201746_396.jpgIMG_20191222_153818_332.jpgIMG_20191215_072439.jpg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Check my IG @cornfed_dread_creations_ and I always get the results pictured from my material using my process. No freeze dryer microplane gang brother!. The smack your face monoterps and color are really I found due to my flash freeze of fresh material literally of the stalk to being frozen. Then I sift gently with 190micron or even 220 ( resin depending) for 30-45 sec. Air dry then press usually with 48hrs being of the plant. Then I wash said material and grade depending personal or it goes out. more lil variables but lil bit there for ya. View attachment 38751View attachment 38752View attachment 38753View attachment 38754
The color of this material is crazy nice! I can almost taste that.

Cornfed Dread Creations

Super Active Member
That bubble hash I posted of today wash is material no already have put thru my flash freeze sift process. So the 2 step really get everything that of value. And still very nice bubble .