Fruit and vegetable gardens 2023

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Several of my pepper plants had one or two peppers early, then nothing for a long while. These are those. I wonder if just pruning those early peppers would be best for the overall plant growth.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
The only thing in the garden worth mentioning are the pumpkins. #4 is the biggest plant but still no blooms (on any of them)
View attachment 129018
Man Fiddler, I thought it was dry here in Midwest...
Where your at looks like the Sahara...

If weather people are actually right, they say we supposed to get a couple days of rain in near future..
Hopefully the pumpkins do well for ya ,
I no I'm interested in seeing how big they get for you..
Thx

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Love all the gardens ya"ll got going...beautiful!
Been reluctant to display mine since moving to the coast.
I'm in a perfect place to grow pines, myrtle, huckleberries and goatheads.
Native soil here is weak for growing a vegetable garden, so I threw up a small GH.
Been getting peas and a few squash thus far!
20230712_065611.jpg20230712_065426.jpg20230712_065523.jpg

Big Terps

Growing on a dime

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Looks like heaven to me.....
Nice and clean little GH too..
👍
Thx man
Gotta say I've very much enjoyed the sound of the ocean only 300 yds away.
Definitely got it's pros and cons, avg temps this summer in the mid 60s.
Rains a lot in the fall and winter, but then there are the salmon runs!
Very few days you need cooling here, hardly ever freezes.

That little greenhouse looks killer to me!
Thx man, It gives me some semblance of what I used to have.

D

Deleted member 60

Quick shot of the rows we have going...still blazin' in the sun (and 98F today...wow). Hopin for a monsoonal change in a few days and a return to the 80's. Was a wet Spring...then BAM....nothin''''and warm. Everything is rocking but we have to water it all daily. I feel very fortunate cus we are wetter than the surrounds and all my friends in the dry areas are being eaten the fuck alive by the hoppers. No Nolo Bait anywhere. I'd be nukin em but some of these foks are all "organic" and they will have nada to show because of it. C'mon....get real. Off to the left...25 pepper plants...habs....anheim's...poblanos...orange/purple bells...and 15 or so tomato plants in 65 gal fabric pots. Raised beds of onions/berries/carrots farther left. You can barely see em...but it is all covered with 20% white shade cloth. No difference I can see from no having it on.... same with the ganja...

Anywayzzzz.......You can see where we are in the game vs. the 6.5 pound finished cabbages and nice lookin beets @TreeFarmerCharlie was showin'.. We'll be earlier than normal cus it was a warm Spring and we pushed shit out early...taking the chance and winning the game. Had shit out May 20th and we usually never go before June 1....usually June 7.
DSC_4001.JPG