Fruit and vegetable gardens 2023

D

Deleted member 2835

But the way the stems stay on them (unlike blackberry or raspberry) using them just to eat is a survival tool at best LOL
I would probably go for acorns before mulberries tbh

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Basically now that I know about the JADAM way of "fermenting" things I have an abundance of sources for all the nutes I need. I have blackberries out the ass that are too much of a pain to pick because of the thorns. I still do though ;) But green or red they can be fermented and feed my tomatoes. WHO KNEW??? lol

And I have tons of old growth hardwood forest stuff within arms reach of my veggie garden. I can toss garden rocks out into the woods and not have to worry about them again, and toss rake-fulls of mycelliated hardwood mulch into the garden with very little effort. Figuring out how to use all that stuff on my inside plants is the trick - don't want outside buggies so I ferment stuff or run it through a worm bin.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Basically now that I know about the JADAM way of "fermenting" things I have an abundance of sources for all the nutes I need. I have blackberries out the ass that are too much of a pain to pick because of the thorns. I still do though ;) But green or red they can be fermented and feed my tomatoes. WHO KNEW??? lol

And I have tons of old growth hardwood forest stuff within arms reach of my veggie garden. I can toss garden rocks out into the woods and not have to worry about them again, and toss rake-fulls of mycelliated hardwood mulch into the garden with very little effort. Figuring out how to use all that stuff on my inside plants is the trick - don't want outside buggies so I ferment stuff or run it through a worm bin.
nature has a way! i,and if it would rain a little ,it will help the black berries,and mulberries and have inputs!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I set some aside tto do something with and after a month or so they all had worms coming out of them. Little grub looking things.
@H.A.F.a lot of acorns will have a worm in them,, most tree seed buyers ,want dry seed that is cooler kept,they need to be dry before you put em in grass sacks,i do know that a cherry bark oak when you pull the cap off the acorn, if it is orange it has a worm in it ,where the cap was, must be light tan! to be worm free!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

@H.A.F. do you have a spring or pond on your place? the reason i ask is i have cattails ,if you want more inputs for the plants!