Bobby's Dope Log

Bobby_Resigliano

Violence. Speed. Momentum.
Tried a new way of watering these airpots. I filled up a 5 gallon bucket and then dunked them almost to the top for a bit. Seemed to work pretty well. A lot better than normal watering. I really need to get this automated with a drip feed.

Topped them again and all seems good. I added a lil bit of cal mag and armour si with the veg feed as well. Seemed like a few plants started getting a bit light in color. Not as fast in veg as I had hoped. I repotted some of the babies and will pic out a couple to keep. The rest will prob head out to their new home sometime soon. Gonna veg for a bit longer before I flip them.

3-27-22.jpg

Bobby_Resigliano

Well there have been some changes since last post. Unfortunately the guy that was supposed to take 6 fems has had a cancer recurrence. It major sucks cause he was living well since the remission. Hopefully he pulls thru this again but drs say he only has xyz time to live. Life's a trip carnal. I still have one buddy that will take 2 fems but its gonna be real fuckin crowded in that tent regardless. I would like to have only one reg of each be female lol. Definitely will get some nylon net this time instead of my stretchy one that I normally use too.

Plants are looking good and seem healthy. I've topped the regs now several times and just topped the large babies for the first time. I had about 4 plants that didn't need watering last round and the lightest in color was prob not getting enuf oxygen to the roots and likely too light on the veg feed. I've upped the feed to about 750ppm. Its new shoots are darker in color than the rest so I know I'm going in the right direction. Getting real close to flipping these tho and hopefully like next week sometime. I only took a few pics but you get the idea.

Blue Magoo Bx2- worst looking of the group
BM.jpg

Lime Berry Mega #1
LBM1.jpg

Lime Berry Mega #2
LBM2.jpg

Salmon River OG
SROG.jpg

A mix of Savage, County Line, HSC, and Clearwater.
savage.jpg

SV-HSC-CLG-CW.jpg

Full Tent
4-5-22.jpg

Bobby_Resigliano

Finally got the 2x2 and installed it with a 260w Bspec dialed back to about half. 135W would do just fine but I didn't feel like finding them in storage. Its got 10 fems right now and is quite full with 2 trays that fit perfect. Two of them are still for a friend so those will go asap. Maybe even three but that's his max. I might be able to do an emergency tent with the old man for these. That's my hope anyway lol.

2x2.jpg

It was nice to get those out of the 4x4. This thing is crowded and will be flipped tmrw. I actually forgot one of my biggest plants in the last update. I left that shit out all night on my gfs fish tank and I never noticed it up high. Pretty stoned I imagine lol. I saw it the next morning getting ready for work and thot that tent felt kinda roomy the night before. Some of the stem rub smells on these are beautifully funky.

4-10a.jpg

4-10b.jpg

Bobby_Resigliano

5 of the 9 plants ended up being males. Happy with that cause 4 fits perfectly. I'm left with 2 Lime Berry Mega, 1 Blue Magoo Bx2, and 1 Huckleberry Punch. Kinda bummed the Pineapple Fields was a male cause it was a very nice plant and it was the only one I had left after the other seedling didn't grow. It was also my largest plant. All of the males besides the PF were pretty small so happy with that also. I might let the PF sit in my kitchen to see if any pollen can be collected. Its got great structure and stem smell. I just pulled up the skirts on all the ladies last night as well.

I removed the fan table to get more light cover and put it on the floor. I need to rewire this thing completely before I put in a net. I've got a few changes I'd like to make. Its been 8 days since flip so I need to do it very soon. I only had one female that needed a bucket to stand on. Cant remember which one it is but its back left in front of the fan.

I also moved the babies from the 2x2 into the 3x3. This tent has a T1000 Mars light which I think is supposed to be 150 watts. My gf had this tent with her veggies in it until I noticed there was webbing from mites on her strawberries. I said that shit is OUTTA HERE! I completely cleaned the tent and moved the babies in. I topped them also. They will only be here till Sunday, then I will move them to the old mans house where I bought another 4x4 to grow them out. Renovations are still going on but a 4x4 is able to fit in another room.

4x4.jpg

3x3.jpg

Bobby_Resigliano

Did some potting on the youngins tonight. I bought 6 of the gro pro root master containers and I already dig them. Way easier to water than the airpots. These are the 5.2 gal/20L. Using less soil is nice too since the previous pots were 7 gal. My buddy is gonna take the one in the bowl so 6 will be flowered. They will veg for a few more weeks until flip. I will also switch on the far red and uv when the time comes. I need to move that dehu again to the very front right corner. I just stuck everything back in and went home.

4-27-22a.jpg

4-27-22b.jpg

4-27-22c.jpg

Last edited:

Bobby_Resigliano

Day 27

Been having trouble getting the VPD dialed in and staying there. This past weekend was bad. I've got 3 different handheld temp/humidity sensors that were placed in the tent and all read a little off from each other in both directions. Even my Eclipse F60 environment controller reads differently from all those. Not sure which one is correct so its been a guess and check method by watching the plants reaction to what I think is correct. I've been trying to keep the swing between 81-88F and about 75-85% humidity. The lights are 4 clicks back from full.

I hacked up the bottoms a bit more today as well. Today was a watering day and again I can confirm that I don't like these pots. Its too much extra work worrying if the water is going to spill out the holes, over the edge of the tray, onto the floor. The bucket method is not an option anymore as that's also too much work for watering. These prob work best with an automated drip. I'd like to use that for the 4x8 but I like hand watering the 4x4 and smaller tents.

Ready to switch out the F60 tho just on the fact that the humidity control isn't active dual function. It has a switch to alternate between the two and only one power inlet. I'm not sure why but it makes humidity automation almost impossible. I run the dehu independent from that which is part of the entire prob of keeping things to a set range. I'm about ready to go back to the Rainbird controls which is what I'm using in the other tent and have had pretty good luck with. I've also been looking at the Pulse One mainly for being off site and wanting to know the conditions of the other tent w/o waiting for a return text lol. If anyone has any advice on a new environment controller please do tell. I would appreciate any opinions.

I also have a portable ac unit that I might try and experiment with in my tent. I'd rather not but if I cant get things to level out then I will prob do it. I can get the room temp down to about 72 during lights on for the the intake/exhaust fans. I still haven't attached the carbon filter and I can only imagine it will throw off the cooling conditions when I do.

5-2-22a.jpg

5-2-22b.jpg

5-2-22c.jpg

5-2-22d.jpg

5-2-22e.jpg

5-2-22f.jpg

Bobby_Resigliano

Been a min since I was here. Magnesium deficiency ravaged all the plants about 1 week after the last set of pics. Everything looked so fucked. I let them go a lil longer and then pulled them. I've never had plants that looked that way before but it was another learned lesson the hard way. Ill get there eventually. All the other plants were either trashed or given away due to inspections. Just popped some new stuff today in water. One of each fem seeds:

Dat Big Nasty-(chem d x runtz) Relentless Genetics

Speechless-[Zkittlez x Frozay 94(gelato x rozay)] Relentless Genetics

Chemdog D S1- CSI Humboldt

Ruthless Runtz S1- CSI Humboldt

T-1000 S1- aka Old Family Purple(triangle kush x purple urkle) CSI Humboldt

Grape Preserves-(grape pie x runtz) Clearwater Genetics

Bobby_Resigliano

Got the ladies planted tonight and two of the six didn't seem to be cracked after a 48hr soak. Have been fooled by the same before tho.

I pulled the trigger on some clones today. Went with Auntie Janes Nursery for Gelato 41, Runtz, Marshmallow OG #9, and Apple Fritter for $150 with next day shipping. Seemed like a good price to me and I haven't bought clones in years. There was a sale running for buy 3 get 1 free until the end of the weekend. I really don't need clones but wth I thot it would be interesting to try this clone thru the mail game.

I also bought the Black Velvet breeders cut of the Dantes Inferno strain from Clearwater. That will prob be here in a few weeks. A lot of people got that cut and it looked to damn good to pass up for only $10. I'm prob on the 3rd-4th wave of shipments but no worries.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My only thing about the clones compared to beans is that there's no surprise, and if there is it's usually bad. You see what you are supposed to get and what you pay for. You either get that, or you are disappointed. It's all pretty black and white with no middle ground and very little chance of getting something better than you thought you were.

Popping your CSI S1's you know a general pool of possibilities that you might get from a strain, but you might find that gem that's better than mom.

Bobby_Resigliano

My only thing about the clones compared to beans is that there's no surprise, and if there is it's usually bad. You see what you are supposed to get and what you pay for. You either get that, or you are disappointed. It's all pretty black and white with no middle ground and very little chance of getting something better than you thought you were.

Popping your CSI S1's you know a general pool of possibilities that you might get from a strain, but you might find that gem that's better than mom.
I used to buy clones exclusively being here in CA. Short drive in every direction can find you something. I agree being able to know what you are gonna get is comforting. After popping some of my own seeds, I can see why people enjoy it more. You never know what you might find in a seed. The CSI have me excited. The T-1000 and R. Runtz were the 2 that didn't pop tho. Hopefully in a bout 3 days they will all pop their heads up.

Bobby_Resigliano

It seems the clones have all survived and looking well. New shoots are forming and colors are returning. The BV clone hasn't arrived yet and that's ok cause the mail is quite toasty with temps over here about 115... All seeds but the T1000 popped up. The R. Runtz is a runt if I ever seen one. I went super duper wild bat shit crazy this weekend with Clearwater. I know it was dumb but I do dumb shit. That and Greenpoint. It was fun tho.

1662520046227.png

1662520067848.png

Bobby_Resigliano

Picked up some new clones today. Got Super Lemon Smac, Glazed Apricot Gelato, Gush Mints, and Durban Biscotti. Definitely not as good as the first set. 2 of them have been topped as they were fairly tall. I'm not a fan of this and wouldn't order them that way again. Other than that so far so good. Got them planted and finally tried some mykos for the first time on the roots. Its been 2 weeks since I planted the first set and they have taken off well. Will be topping all of those soon to make clones.

It makes me wonder how exactly can you top the alternating node? I think I fucked up last time I tried it Just gave me back one branch.

1663209067401.png

Last edited:

Bobby_Resigliano

Hit and miss. I have looked for two opposing nodes close together, or just waited until I saw two shoots that looked healthy and similar height. Pretty much is one branch per node once they offset.
Damn that's what I figured. I will hunt for potential nodes and hope for the best. Looks like I'll be grabbing a 2x4 clone tent to add to the mix

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Damn that's what I figured. I will hunt for potential nodes and hope for the best. Looks like I'll be grabbing a 2x4 clone tent to add to the mix
When I had a tent full of potential moms I just let them go, then after a bit they would sort of self level like seed plants. Some shitty little limbs and some over achievers, but a lot that find that temerate zone or whatever in the middle that they like and having a lower canopy of limbs the same height.

You might end up topping 5 different main limbs at 5 different heights, but the sprouts coming from them all are at the same level.