Bobby's Dope Log

Bobby_Resigliano

Violence. Speed. Momentum.
Wanted to share my journey here with the genetics I've picked up at various seedbanks or private sellers. This round was the first with more trusted genetics. I mentioned in my intro thread that I've had 4 failed grows so far out of 4 lol. First two were infested with spider mites from clones. Then the next two were most likely over fed. Rounds 3 and 4 were from ILGM. This round I've finally broke into more well respected breeders that I have been collecting from.

I am running two Artisanal Gelato from Esos, three Nut Butter & two Carnivalia from Clearwater, and one Dank Sinatra x 1979 Christmas Tree Bud from Useful. These are all grown with FFOF soil and added EWC in 7 gal containers. This round looks so much better than 3 and 4. I hope to finish these out strong. It looks like I'm having nute defs right now as I am trying to find the sweet spot. Kinda hard with different gens tho. Will get it figured out eventually. On with the show!

Artisanal Gelato 1,2
AG 2 7-28.jpg
AG 7-28.jpg

Carnivalia 1,2
CARN.jpg
CARN 2.jpg

Nut Butter 1,2,3
NB.jpg
NB 2.jpg
NB 4.jpg

Dank Sinatra x 1979 Christmas Tree Bud
DSxCTB 1.jpg

Bobby_Resigliano

Your plants are looking GREAT B and I hope you bring a successful run(sounds like your do) home this go around.
View attachment 99462
Thanks Z! I hope so too man. I got that shelf idea from another persons journal when I wanted more floor space in the 4x4 veg tent. I did the same for the flower tent for other stuff too. Will be changing a few things after this round setup wise but for the good. I opted for no charcoal filter this round and its quite noticeable lol.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I opted for no charcoal filter this round and its quite noticeable lol.
It's supposed to stink, Fuck 'em! :ROFLMAO: Nice plants. Yuuuuuge!

I don't use the filters either. One hack I found was to use shop-vac filters as a pre-filter for the exhausts, just to keep the fan from getting gummed up.
They make washable cloth sock-looking dust filters that fit over the cage on a shop-vac with elastic to hold it on. I just rolled up some 1/4" wire mesh into a 6" round tube about the same length and put the sock over it. The elastic holds it to the flex-duct. Easy to yank off and wash too.

Bobby_Resigliano

It's supposed to stink, Fuck 'em! :ROFLMAO: Nice plants. Yuuuuuge!

I don't use the filters either. One hack I found was to use shop-vac filters as a pre-filter for the exhausts, just to keep the fan from getting gummed up.
They make washable cloth sock-looking dust filters that fit over the cage on a shop-vac with elastic to hold it on. I just rolled up some 1/4" wire mesh into a 6" round tube about the same length and put the sock over it. The elastic holds it to the flex-duct. Easy to yank off and wash too.
Thank you HAF! The flower tent is at my parents house and while they weren't really concerned since its legal they'd just rather not have any kids snooping around lol. My step father is my grow partner so in that aspect I just go with it.

These are the largest in the tent yet. Rounds 3 and 4 had much larger yields but nothing I wanted to smoke. These are just about as close to the lights as can be.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
What size tent is that with all those big fans in it? Just my personal opinion, but those fans take up a lot of room, and you really shouldn't need all of that for circulation in there. I tried so many different types of fans over the years and eventually settled on 4 small DC powered 140mm fans (one on each corner) and a 6" duct fan on the floor blowing upwards to keep the air under the canopy circulating.

Your plants look like they need some Mg and that seems common when grown under LED. I give my plants a dose of Cal Mag once a week and it keeps them happy. What are you feeding them? If you just go with top dressing organic fertilizers then you really don't have to worry about them being in different stages of growth. I just top dress once every week or two and give mine plain water all week. I've found that my plants seem a lot happier when I just keep the grow as simple as possible.

Bobby_Resigliano

You buy them LEDs on ebay? They look like the DIY kits? Nice looken run man I have faith you'll pull this one off! Happy growing brother.
The lights are all HLG kits. I have eight of the 135 watt and two of the 240 watt. I'm also running two of the HLG 30 watt UV as well as two of the 730nm far red floods. One of the UVs came doa and didn't test it before I installed it. Now I have the replacement but no way of getting in there now. Will wait for the next round. I also have a 240 watt bspec HLG for my veg tent. I just picked up two more HLG rspec 240 watters for alternate locations. Plenty of lighting lol. I'm at 50 watt per square foot currently in the flower tent. Thank you bro!! This rd seems promising!

Last edited:

Bobby_Resigliano

What size tent is that with all those big fans in it? Just my personal opinion, but those fans take up a lot of room, and you really shouldn't need all of that for circulation in there. I tried so many different types of fans over the years and eventually settled on 4 small DC powered 140mm fans (one on each corner) and a 6" duct fan on the floor blowing upwards to keep the air under the canopy circulating.

Your plants look like they need some Mg and that seems common when grown under LED. I give my plants a dose of Cal Mag once a week and it keeps them happy. What are you feeding them? If you just go with top dressing organic fertilizers then you really don't have to worry about them being in different stages of growth. I just top dress once every week or two and give mine plain water all week. I've found that my plants seem a lot happier when I just keep the grow as simple as possible.
The tent is a Mars Hydro 4x8. I agree and the next round will have the middle fan removed. It is kinda overkill but I'm always looking for ways to improve the setup. Eventually I will move to coco and automated feeding. I don't have any fans under the canopy but with the amount of air movement from those three it hasn't been a prob. I will prob add two clip fans next round tho underneath.

That makes sense and I have heard that before. I was using that previously on rounds 3 and 4 but stopped on this one. I wanted to make sure that the plants actually needed it and not me wanting to put it in there lol. Currently I'm just using Maxibloom at about 750ishppm. I only used EWC for transplant and haven't top dressed. I watch for tip burn and its not much at all so far. I will start adding 100ppm of calmag now. You think that's sufficient? I switch over to a FF product that is like 5-24-32 at the end. Its got a funky name but cant remember it offhand. Its not those major 3 tho.