Bobby's Dope Log

Bobby_Resigliano

Violence. Speed. Momentum.
As soon as I found out you could get beans of good genetics and grow different weeds I was hooked. Not to your level but I have enough that I will probably die before I pop 'em all. That and the fact that I got some face-punch day-wrecker stuff from three different sources over the past two months. All stuff I grew - but from different breeders. I have "the rest of the pack" of almost everything with very few un-opened. I figure it's time to start popping stuff in groups rather than my variety mash and try to find those keepers just for my purposes. If I was ever to do any breeding it would need to be with something I loved and wanted to pop lots of and keeping some moms around and culling them as needed is the only way I'll get there.
I've only been collecting seeds now for about 2.5 yrs which seems crazy. I think I just got so used to not being able to grow wherever I lived that I just gave up even thinking about it. I didn't know about LEDs and thot HPS was way too hot to deal with. Breeding your personal stuff sounds fun but I have way too many seeds to be doing that in my tents anytime soon. My growmie is into that and we are gonna use something from my stock when we find keepers. He just made runtz x fire og F2 and I cant wait to try it. Do you have any preliminary thots on what you have now vs what you wanna cross it with?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've only been collecting seeds now for about 2.5 yrs which seems crazy. I think I just got so used to not being able to grow wherever I lived that I just gave up even thinking about it. I didn't know about LEDs and thot HPS was way too hot to deal with. Breeding your personal stuff sounds fun but I have way too many seeds to be doing that in my tents anytime soon. My growmie is into that and we are gonna use something from my stock when we find keepers. He just made runtz x fire og F2 and I cant wait to try it. Do you have any preliminary thots on what you have now vs what you wanna cross it with?
The County Line Hashplant is my jam, along with the Chem91. But niether of them has much variation as S1's so I don't think the cross would be that fun to hunt through to find a lot of cool stuff. It would probably be fire, but each of those fems is already fire. Why fuck 'em up? Then there's also the fact that both are S1's so I have to reverse something (not happening) or hit it with a random male I know nothing about. Like you, if I do this it will likely be once, and I'll just add to the stuff I have to hunt through dropping beans - nothing beyond that in the plans.

I am leaning towards something I already bought as a Chem91 cross or similar that just turns out good smoke, then popping the rest of the pack. No clue if I'll open pollenate or try and do selections, but selecting males for a one-time chuck seems dumb. And if I do it I won't want to hang on to clones of everything for future work. So likely a big fat orgy of something that grew well and smoked great - mutants and all. ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The clones I am considering keeping are so I don't have to buy more beans. I have the last Chem91 and ChemD in the solo-cup stage and will keep a clone of them going if I can just so I don't have to buy more. No clue if they'll be the best cut, but they'll be the best cut I have :cool:

After that I have leaned towards taking flower clones so I'm not cloning dudes. Re-vegging adds to the time it would take to have to worry about cloning it, so it gives you time to smoke the mom and make a decision before it's too much of a hassle.

I am always going to drop beans. I just want a little harem of known fire that I'll likely update instead of enlarging.

Bobby_Resigliano

The County Line Hashplant is my jam, along with the Chem91. But niether of them has much variation as S1's so I don't think the cross would be that fun to hunt through to find a lot of cool stuff. It would probably be fire, but each of those fems is already fire. Why fuck 'em up? Then there's also the fact that both are S1's so I have to reverse something (not happening) or hit it with a random male I know nothing about. Like you, if I do this it will likely be once, and I'll just add to the stuff I have to hunt through dropping beans - nothing beyond that in the plans.

I am leaning towards something I already bought as a Chem91 cross or similar that just turns out good smoke, then popping the rest of the pack. No clue if I'll open pollenate or try and do selections, but selecting males for a one-time chuck seems dumb. And if I do it I won't want to hang on to clones of everything for future work. So likely a big fat orgy of something that grew well and smoked great - mutants and all. ;)
I'm prob going the easy route but if I mixed two bangers I'm not sure I'd want too much variation. Stuff I have from Snowhigh would prob be the candidate for open pollination if I was to breed myself. In that kinda scenario I would welcome more variation and the hunt. But as long as you kept the S1 mothers as backup, you could still mess around and see if it works. If not you still have the original fire moms. As far as I've heard its a pretty painstaking process to find a good male that exhibits traits you want and blends nicely. I guess that's why breeders keep using them over and over.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
As far as I've heard its a pretty painstaking process to find a good male that exhibits traits you want and blends nicely. I guess that's why breeders keep using them over and over.
Exactly. That is why I would probably lean towards picking a pack of regs I like and letting it go. Any attempt to make a selection of males turns it into either a crapshoot, a big fail, or a long term project to see what each male does to the same female. I want to do it eventually but it will be of the one-and-done variety. I may select a few females, but probably not. Some extra variety could come from tossing a few odd girls in there but I don't see me ever being a breeder trying to work a line. I like growing flowers too much.

Bobby_Resigliano

Got the plants in good condition finally. I had some trouble cause I added coco to my soil. I've done it before but I'm pretty positive I added too much this time. Now that I'm watering everyday, its been fine. I had a lot of the red/purple streaks that eventually turned solid colors on some. The runtz and mm og#9 were the worst. All new shoots have green branch tips forming now. I flipped them on the 12th but kept the seedlings on 18/6 and will continue to do so until they get too big for the veg tent. The seedlings have been a nice green now that I got the ph prob figured out too. One thing I did notice was the growth rate of the coco. Shit is quick no doubt but hand watering everyday could get tiresome lol.

1665947284558.png1665947307962.png

1665947502517.png

1665947522856.png

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Got the plants in good condition finally. I had some trouble cause I added coco to my soil. I've done it before but I'm pretty positive I added too much this time. Now that I'm watering everyday, its been fine. I had a lot of the red/purple streaks that eventually turned solid colors on some. The runtz and mm og#9 were the worst. All new shoots have green branch tips forming now. I flipped them on the 12th but kept the seedlings on 18/6 and will continue to do so until they get too big for the veg tent. The seedlings have been a nice green now that I got the ph prob figured out too. One thing I did notice was the growth rate of the coco. Shit is quick no doubt but hand watering everyday could get tiresome lol.

I switched to running straight coco helps with the watering a little but since I run 1-3 gal daily watering becomes necessary the plus is they enjoy the fresh nutes and growth can explode but it can tie me to them occasional long weekend is all I get I need to put together a self watering system on timer no doubt would improve my growth

Bobby_Resigliano

I switched to running straight coco helps with the watering a little but since I run 1-3 gal daily watering becomes necessary the plus is they enjoy the fresh nutes and growth can explode but it can tie me to them occasional long weekend is all I get I need to put together a self watering system on timer no doubt would improve my growth
Now that I have the 4x8 at my house I will definitely look into automated watering. I still like hand watering for now lol. I've always liked using soil but I could try to switch it up a few rounds especially if it speeds up the veg process.

Are you watering multiple times a day for some? I just noticed the #2 buckets I'm using are actually 1.7 gal. I think I have the #3 buckets at the parents house which are prob 2.5-2.7 gal. I like that size better.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Now that I have the 4x8 at my house I will definitely look into automated watering. I still like hand watering for now lol. I've always liked using soil but I could try to switch it up a few rounds especially if it speeds up the veg process.

Are you watering multiple times a day for some? I just noticed the #2 buckets I'm using are actually 1.7 gal. I think I have the #3 buckets at the parents house which are prob 2.5-2.7 gal. I like that size better.
Normally hand water once a day but if I am out there messing around I will give them another blast I did try watering twice a day for most of a run it definitely sped up growth but not so much I wanted to make it my SOP...,, I think I finally have how I best make use of my 4x8 flowering room space and can safely make up a perminate watering manifold although I wish I could walk all around the plants and they were on a raised table to save the back guess I am never 100% happy lol

Bobby_Resigliano

Normally hand water once a day but if I am out there messing around I will give them another blast I did try watering twice a day for most of a run it definitely sped up growth but not so much I wanted to make it my SOP...,, I think I finally have how I best make use of my 4x8 flowering room space and can safely make up a perminate watering manifold although I wish I could walk all around the plants and they were on a raised table to save the back guess I am never 100% happy lol
Hell yeah a metal table with wheels that can raise up and down would be sick. Anything to save the back I'm with you there!

D

Deleted member 2835

If you do automate I recommend using net cage drippers. No clogs at all ever with them.

Bobby_Resigliano

I'm 100% coco as of today. I repotted in #3 containers for all 5 seedlings. This grape preserves is a giant that I used a tomato cage on. Works pretty damn good. Gonna try to hold off as long as possible in the veg tent. I'll prob put the Mars 150 watt in there too to really blast them out. The 260 watt bspec is nice but is lacking in the edges as you would expect. I'm gonna put a net up tmrw in the flower tent. I prob need to move the lights up at the same time. Very close to cramming them all in there together. Just getting as much height as I can from the seedlings.

1666422574701.png