About a pound

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have one I bought for sticking clones in. But as soon as they outgrow that in a week they would have been shocked from high RH to about 20% RH.
If it doesn't have vents you can rig something, or even gradually prop the lid up at the bottom. The trick (I think) is the gradual hardening off to get them acclimatized. You'll turn off the humidifier at some point correct?

If it doesn't have vents you can rig something, or even gradually prop the lid up at the bottom. The trick (I think) is the gradual hardening off to get them acclimatized. You'll turn off the humidifier at some point correct?
It has vents. It's not worth the effort stuffing them in their for the amount of time they'd fit in it. It's not very big. Easier just to run the humidifier for now.

Yeah at some point I can turn it off. As BK mentioned the plants themselves will create humidity from transpiration once they are large enough. So for now I guess I can just fill it daily or whenever.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
It has vents. It's not worth the effort stuffing them in their for the amount of time they'd fit in it. It's not very big. Easier just to run the humidifier for now.

Yeah at some point I can turn it off. As BK mentioned the plants themselves will create humidity from transpiration once they are large enough. So for now I guess I can just fill it daily or whenever.
I agree it’s not worth the effort. I start my beans in open air and the relative humidity is 30% or less. Hasn’t seemed to be a problem. Perhaps My plants don’t experience 100% of their growth potential, but they seem to always do fine. I like the fact that they don’t experience the shock of going from very high humidity to low humidity.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I agree it’s not worth the effort. I start my beans in open air and the relative humidity is 30% or less. Hasn’t seemed to be a problem. Perhaps My plants don’t experience 100% of their growth potential, but they seem to always do fine. I like the fact that they don’t experience the shock of going from very high humidity to low humidity.
My rH stays in the 40's and 50's unless it's raining out. I have a fancy dome with lots of vents and I take the first week or two opening the vents, adding fan-wind, and removing the dome. As soon as they break soil I start opening vents. I guess I'm an old softie. I'm still getting them to the near-desert climate early, but I wait until I see some real leaves before I kick them out of the house :)

Here's the gang.

Some are showing wrinkling on the leaf edges. This is a constant issue with my seedlings. Read that an early calcium deficiency can cause this but I don't believe it's the issue. They are still on a 0.4 EC Jack's 3-2-1 feed. I thought in the past it was from increasing the EC too quickly but apparently it's not that. Only other thing I can think is maybe too much light early, as they grow out of it later on.

The dimmer on this light required the driver to be removed as it's on the bottom. I'd rather just let them grow through it if that's the case.

PXL_20220110_225553267.jpg

TI1 and others are showing roots through the bottom holes. PXL_20220110_225059716.jpg

TI1 Day 10 today.

PXL_20220110_224354790.jpg

Have you ever started to transplant and realized you don't have enough medium? Apparently those 15 gallons pots I used last summer used up more of my coco than I thought.

Fuck. Looks like I'm headed to the store later.

First time with air pots. Wayyyy easier to fill than cloth pots. Might pick up a couple more and use them instead of the cloth pots!

PXL_20220113_131719027.jpg

bk-og

Moose cocks, or bust
Have you ever started to transplant and realized you don't have enough medium? Apparently those 15 gallons pots I used last summer used up more of my coco than I thought.

First time with air pots. Wayyyy easier to fill than cloth pots. Might pick up a couple more and use them instead of the cloth pots!

View attachment 105527
How would one pot be wayyyyy easier to fill then the next pot?

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical

View attachment 105527
Won't the volume of the small pots the plants are in now take up that "missing" volume?