About a pound

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
What does a “lung room” mean, if not that you’re exhausting your tent into it? Just where you get your incoming air?

And a nudder thing: If I were to exhaust into the room through a good charcoal filter, would the smell be manageable? The reason I ask is that I just set up a tent and ducted both outside.
My tents both exhaust into the room through activated carbon filters and there is no smell.

What does a “lung room” mean, if not that you’re exhausting your tent into it? Just where you get your incoming air?

And a nudder thing: If I were to exhaust into the room through a good charcoal filter, would the smell be manageable? The reason I ask is that I just set up a tent and ducted both outside.
Lung room meaning the space the intake air is drawn from.

Manageable? I guess it depends on your circumstance. Even filtered I can smell my exhaust outside if I'm close enough. I'd imagine if you exhausted inside the smell would build up but I couldn't say as I've never done that.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I'd imagine if you exhausted inside the smell would build up but I couldn't say as I've never done that.
It doesn’t build up because the air just constantly gets pulled through the filter so the air in the room is constantly being scrubbed. You shouldn’t be able to smell anything outside of the room if your filter is working well and your have negative pressure in your tent. The only time I smell the plants in my house is when I open the tents or when I’m trimming. Even my friends have said they were surprised that they couldn’t smell anything until I opened the tents.

It doesn’t build up because the air just constantly gets pulled through the filter so the air in the room is constantly being scrubbed. You shouldn’t be able to smell anything outside of the room if your filter is working well and your have negative pressure in your tent. The only time I smell the plants in my house is when I open the tents or when I’m trimming. Even my friends have said they were surprised that they couldn’t smell anything until I opened the tents.
I guess I've had shitty filters. While the smell is almost nothing if you have a good nose you can catch the smell. That being said I'm not concerned about the smell outside so I'm not worried.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I guess I've had shitty filters. While the smell is almost nothing if you have a good nose you can catch the smell. That being said I'm not concerned about the smell outside so I'm not worried.
Maybe you just aren’t filtering the air fast enough or you have too many inlets open and aren’t getting enough negative pressure in the tent? I don’t have high end filters. I have cheap Vivosun filters on AC Infinity Cloudline fans.

Maybe you just aren’t filtering the air fast enough or you have too many inlets open and aren’t getting enough negative pressure in the tent? I don’t have high end filters. I have cheap Vivosun filters on AC Infinity Cloudline fans.
Plenty of negative pressure tent sides are sucked in. I'm talking about smell outside the house after it's been filtered and exhausted outside the house. AC Infinity fans and filters.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Pfft…that’s NOTHIN’! This is what I went through with someone here when there was more bickering going on 🤣

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Problem is the ambient RH in the ~800 sqft of this floor that is the lung room for the tents is at about 30% RH. Can't increase RH that doesn't exist.
I’m in the same boat with the low humidity.

I have a whole house humidifier, but if I turn it up much beyond 30%, the humidity condenses and freezes on the windows with it being so cold outside.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
The small one is old and probably due for replacement but the smell from the exhaust has always been there even when brand new. It's not straight weed smell. It's good faint filtered weed smell, hard to describe but if you have a good nose you know what it is. But like I said I'm not concerned about the smell.
You probably just have a good nose. I definitely don't have a great nose and struggle pinpointing specific scents when I smell my plants.

m4s73r

The Laziest
The small one is old and probably due for replacement but the smell from the exhaust has always been there even when brand new. It's not straight weed smell. It's good faint filtered weed smell, hard to describe but if you have a good nose you know what it is. But like I said I'm not concerned about the smell.
Having been living in a Prohib state for so long I was hyper paranoid about this for the first few years growing. I'd go walking around my house trying to smell the grow.
For anyone that comes a long, I did figure out that I had better smell elimination when my humidity was under 70% and speed was reduced. I also found that with the amazon filter that the ends were swapable. So once a year i flip the ends and I replace the entire filter every 2 years. As a hack, You can then dump all the carbon out of it and put it back together. With the prefilter on it, makes a great dust/bug filter for intake fans.