What did you do today?

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
Chronic beat me to it again. Lol.

Yep. Lecithin helps your body to process fats and oils. I use sunflower based, the liquid stuff in a bottle from natural grocers. Soy lecithin can be used as well, but sunflower is better.

Never used the granules before.
The lecithin is something all animals need, lol, that includes humans too.

Yes, but it requires a Ramset. Lol. No concrete drilling. Gunpowder actuated nailgun, shoots into concrete.
Do you have just bare concrete for the walls and floors, or is there already some stuff in place to secure to? You could make a box basically that just sat on the floor, sorta like a big grow crate if you will.

Natural grocers on alameda and Mississippi for the sunflower lecithin.
Haha, I got a hard hat you can borrow for them low ceilings. Or a spare I can give ya. Lmfao. Comes prestickered up.
That's what I was thinking, a big crate with a door pretty much. I want to be able to tear it down in the future if I decide to reconfigure my space. Bare concrete walls and floor, but I can attach to the floor joists overhead if I need to. I really don't want to put any holes in the concrete if I dont have to.

curious2garden

Really Active Member
That's what I was thinking, a big crate with a door pretty much. I want to be able to tear it down in the future if I decide to reconfigure my space. Bare concrete walls and floor, but I can attach to the floor joists overhead if I need to. I really don't want to put any holes in the concrete if I dont have to.
But ramsets are so much fun to use! I like your idea about modularity and reconfigurability.

jpcyan

Really Active Member
I have concrete floors and cinder block walls. The only item I needed/wanted mounted to the wall was my 440cfm fan. Just to reduce vibration. The can filter is hung horizontally from rafters/floor joists by chain to take up less floor/shelf space.
Everything else was mounted to rafters/ floor joist. Or from 1x4 or 1x3s attached to rafters and secured to floor by adhesive caulk. (light/ mover/power/water lines)
I used 1" foam/celotex insul board for the only walled off section. Attached to rafters/floor joists and held at bottom by a few bricks.
A bit of liquid nail or adhesive caulk will securely hold lightweight items in place. (not for holding weight or hanging items)

jpcyan

Really Active Member
I attacked the hornet nest this morning at about 6am. The temps had dropped 40 degrees f from the last few days so I thought they should be less active. 49Fº just starting to get light, and these hornets were already busy bees.
I used 2 can of Hot Shot hornet and wasp spray, and 2 cans of Raid hornet and wasp spray. Raid sucks! It did not give instant knockdown and the cans emptied almost as fast as I could grab the next. None of the cans lasted long.
I noticed with the Hot shot though, they were dying fast and plugging up the exit hole I was aiming at.

Got no stings but had a few dozen trying damn hard. Carhart coveralls, jeans, rubber boots, leather gloves a hoodie and a polyfill coat with a ball hat, safety glasses, and an mosquito net shirt with attached full hood kept me safe enough. If there has been many more attack me though.. I would want a real bee suit. Those F'rs dont play.. You dont know they are coming til they hit ya.
The buzzing sound coming from inside the nest was loud as hell! Its the first time I've actually heard them, even as close as I've gotten.

I'll check it again in a few hrs. Soon as the spray was gone and I was clear of the attackers I was inside lol.

jpcyan

Really Active Member
Another thought would be creating a room using panda film or the like hanging it from the rafters.
Good idea. Had panda film been available when I built my room, I probably would have went with that for a wall. Cervantes has a vid with a 1x2 or 1x3 frame and panda film build.

I do also have a tent in an outer room. Tents just too easy, clean, light tight setup. Its difficult getting light tight on a build. The door was the hardest part without an elaborate setup and construction. It cost more in good caulk for the room than to buy my tent.

curious2garden

Really Active Member
Good idea. Had panda film been available when I built my room, I probably would have went with that for a wall. Cervantes has a vid with a 1x2 or 1x3 frame and panda film build.

I do also have a tent in an outer room. Tents just too easy, clean, light tight setup. Its difficult getting light tight on a build. The door was the hardest part without an elaborate setup and construction. It cost more in good caulk for the room than to buy my tent.
It seems like a tent would be a good option.

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
I attacked the hornet nest this morning at about 6am. The temps had dropped 40 degrees f from the last few days so I thought they should be less active. 49Fº just starting to get light, and these hornets were already busy bees.
I used 2 can of Hot Shot hornet and wasp spray, and 2 cans of Raid hornet and wasp spray. Raid sucks! It did not give instant knockdown and the cans emptied almost as fast as I could grab the next. None of the cans lasted long.
I noticed with the Hot shot though, they were dying fast and plugging up the exit hole I was aiming at.

Got no stings but had a few dozen trying damn hard. Carhart coveralls, jeans, rubber boots, leather gloves a hoodie and a polyfill coat with a ball hat, safety glasses, and an mosquito net shirt with attached full hood kept me safe enough. If there has been many more attack me though.. I would want a real bee suit. Those F'rs dont play.. You dont know they are coming til they hit ya.
The buzzing sound coming from inside the nest was loud as hell! Its the first time I've actually heard them, even as close as I've gotten.

I'll check it again in a few hrs. Soon as the spray was gone and I was clear of the attackers I was inside lol.
You should have made a video of that shit .

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
You can just caulk the bottom plate to the floor, using the pressure of "tight" studs off the ceiling, till caulk sets. You can use painters caulk and it will peel off pretty easily, use something urethane and maybe not. You could also use a sill sealer under the plate with out the caulk. I have done that many times when constructing dust protection walls, that will often be up for 6 months or more.

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
HI EVERYONE
got up this AM went to check a bud I had left outside for the seeds to finish
and low and behold holy crap this seed was ready to grow look at the sprout first time this happened to me
finishing seeds for outside crop put that sprout in dirt the little fucker deserves it forsure (y) ✌

Attachments

jpcyan

Really Active Member
Been a steady rain for 2-3 days. Started a wholesale cleaning of my flower room. OmGosh what problems a couple years of neglect can cause. I'm almost to the point of removing everything and power washing the room..

This is tex orange cap cube and Panaeolous Jamaica Multispore to whole grain par boiled rice. Been waiting, too long, but finally got a clean warm spot to spawn and fruit.

tex orange left pan jam right - Copy.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Wow I feel great today. So i made a batch of brownies with 300ml or 1 1/4 cups infused coconut oil and butter (50/50) and a gram of rosin. I will check them out tomorrow i licked the bowl so i think i will be ok for now :D

I also did a hash run with Orangeberry Smoothie...smells pretty damned awesome. I see now the texture is different and that is probably strain dependant. Then i dumped the stuff in the 220 bag (everything) in the slow cooker with butter and let it infuse. This way I get everything.

The smell is very different too. Orange and flowers and LOUD. I will let this dry and then put it in my chopping bowls. I use pyrex with single blade razors. I have a few just the right size for the amount im chopping.

3 grades... 25 micron 75 and 160

DSCF3047.JPG

Attachments