What did you do today?

D

Deleted member 60

Weed is definitely my friend as far as sleep. Gotta get good and high to crash out.....but I usually only sleep about 4 hours before I'm again up....and wired/the brain starts tossin shit at me. I have been tryin to not smoke in the middle of the night when I awaken....but like last night...I could tell I wasn't gonna fall back asleep so I hit some hash in the bong.

Thanks again for the replies guys.......always best to hear real-life takes rather than what the docs "think" shit does.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Paxil is in a group of anti depressants called Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs). These are dangerous in their own right. They block the "recycling" of serotonin back into your brain juices so to speak. The zapping is a neurological effect and is very scary. It is actually a misfire of sorts. You need to seriously taper off any SSRIs (and SNRIs, N = Norepinephrine) or you will get those zaps and tics. Outta nowhere you can twitch and feel like you got internally jolted by 120 volts in the head.
This is how it roughly works:

Receptor Site = Lock
Neurotransmitter = Key
...only one key fits a lock to activate that response in your brain.
Synapse = the part of your brain where all the magic happens. Neurotransmitters (Keys) enter the synapse and bind to Receptor Sites (Locks).

Once the song and dance has played out, the neurotransmitters are "reuptaken" into the rest of the brain chemical pool and wait for the next cycle. In nature, this allows for the receptor sites to rest. Over-stimulation leads to receptor down regulation (they actually tuck under the surface) and you can no longer access that lock. It may eventually come back up but no guarantees it will be the same. Hence "killing brain cells" which we do on a daily basis even without these drugs, but they make it worse in the long run. Think of it as a one way turnstyle, neurotransmitters should be able to just enter through that turnstlye and exit through that same turnstyle after their job is done. SSRIs and SNRIs such as Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft, Effexor, [insert flavor of the month drug here], bind to this turnstyle and block the exit for a minimum half life of 24 hours (some 72 hours), keeping Serotonin and Dopamine levels up (giving you that "everything's ok" feeling; or in severe cases, suicidal thoughts and impulsivity.

Sorry for all the tech jargon, just ask if something doesn't make sense.
Wow nice to have that kind of knowledge around thanks @spyralout

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Yeah the Doc's "thinking" is what the Pill companies have declared as test results, and their overall effectiveness for the masses. None of us, are guaranteed to be a part of "the masses", nor is their any guarantee of what effect you'll get.

Did you ever see a really nice dressed man and woman, with attaches, in your doctors office? They're probably "PILL" salesman. Your doctor, gets a kick back comission on whatever prescriptions that they write. It's all biz, you are just the consumer.

Take the advice from a doctor...............but look at it through your own instinct/feelings first....question everything.

D

Deleted member 60

So she moved out already? Early closing on her house.... or did you boot her out onto the curb like a bag of trash? Heehee.....

I busted out the drywall/insulation inside the bathroom yesterday. Will likely start plowin into the studs/framing for the windows today. Holy fuck is that gonna be a crazy amount of glass...heehee. That's one way to make a small room appear much larger, for sure. Gonna smack those fuckers up as high as I can. After I get the windows in I'll start in on moving the door. Then I'm heading for that existing window/the back wall.

Yup...bottom line...I know my body and my drugs pretty well. Not technically like @spyralout ...but I've sure done a lot of "research" behind the scenes over the years. :ROFLMAO:Thank Bob I never liked needles....

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
its evil, so your sick can’t breathe cause your nose is stuffed this shit clears it instantly. Problem is after a few days of using it inflames the nostrils. There for instant relief on a stuffy nose but then the inflammation creates an even worse stuffy nose like no other. Terrible shit was addicted for about a year and slowly leaned my self off so I could breathe out of my nose again. There is horror stories online with addiction lol crazy

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I forgot to clear the breakfast dish this morning. The menu was two very different strains of GG4. The top one is one i have sourced locally for a while now. The bottom one is mine that i am sampling for the first time this morning. I am really liking mine but still has a tiny bit of green taste. Almost two more weeks to go on the cure. The one i have been getting local has a heavy pine terpene. I suspect mine to be closer to the real deal. Can anyone recommend a strain that has a very heavy pine terpene?????? I just love that taste.week 4 veg gg4 & mac 1 drying room new filter 004.JPG

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
All this talk about smoking and sleeping. Id swear youse were the voices in my head. I'm very strain dependent with everything. I can't just smoke and be cool. Sleeping I really need a heavy indica the weed around the way right now is hybrid sativa dom heavy and shit had me up until 5 this morning. However woke up at 830 to enjoy my day. Ending up doing extra curricular activities with my lady friend until around 12 then showered. Came downstairs to her on the phone with her mother. I ended up on the phone with her mother only to find out her mom's deep in Washington state medical marijuana scene. Invited me out there for a tour and introductions. Well fuck me. Is this real life.

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I forgot to clear the breakfast dish this morning. The menu was two very different strains of GG4. The top one is one i have sourced locally for a while now. The bottom one is mine that i am sampling for the first time this morning. I am really liking mine but still has a tiny bit of green taste. Almost two more weeks to go on the cure. The one i have been getting local has a heavy pine terpene. I suspect mine to be closer to the real deal. Can anyone recommend a strain that has a very heavy pine terpene?????? I just love that taste.View attachment 23565
Trainwreck. Would love to find a badass cut of that some day.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Breaking in this bad lad today. Only Vaped one bowl so far, but this little motherfucker rips.
View attachment 23569
That is a nice desktop unit. Has some similarities to my desktop. I run a modified Da buddha (7th floor). I put a silver surfer heater core on the Da buddha and use the silver surfer glass wand and 2 ' of whip hose. I also can run mine thru a water pipe but rarely hook it up. Hey a little trik you might or might not know about is when loading the tube just use it like a straw and suck up the ground up product. I you get to much just tap some out. I used mine way to long before i figured that trik out. LOL

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Had a gut attack over the last couple of days. Getting old catching up. The doc gave me strong antibotics and said i can have edibles and smoke weed to help alleviate the discomfort.
What a whole new world.
So that last smoothie is going to kick in. And i kicked that up a notch. 400mg THC...and one more rosin oiler to smooth out the day. The smoothie was made with decarbed skeleton cookies rosin (1/2 gram of that in the smoothie decarbed for 20 minutes)
It sure works for relaxing the gut problems. I love having it ready all the time any time. My garden is AWESOME.
And i am so high...what discomfort. Even the liquid diet is pretty cool.

Pine Terp...I found Adub to have a good hit of pine.

Trainwreck too. Canuck sells seeds. The last 2 i grew were perfect flavor but lacking in punch but the heisenbeans were spoiling me for devasting effect.

This was the inspiration to my next doo dad. I made a misting aero cloner (not with a stone like this). I will give it a go with some cuts soon. I think coco cloning may be the future though because i got that to work first try !
cloner.jpg
Mine is made from a small pool chlorine bucket and a pump on a 1/2 pipe with 2 mist nozzles on a loup. When i close off the hose somehow it will be working.

I dont want to get too good at it. Geeze i have seeds all over the place with strains to try yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 60

Cruisin' along here. Did this Friday. Now I can wave at the cars goin' down the road as I pee. Talk about opening up a small room. Gonna move the other window up to match today....

DSCN1256.JPG

Had to take the day off to go to a funeral yesterday. Back at it again today.... or maybe some rock work at the neighbors house. Dunno yet. Just know I have more work/commitments to do that time to do it.

And here comes HARVEST. Gonna check the trichs on Fuzzy and Tally today....I'm guessing they are very close. And the veggie garden is on the brink as well. Trimmin' and cannin' time, for sure. '"CRUNCH time"...

This is when the ADHD is fun. I'm jumpin' around from project to project like a madman...

And >thanks again< for all of that input on the Gabapentin folks. More reading/research has shown me that it's scary shit and my historic preponderance to abuse could rear it's head with this drug. As a youngster I woulda been all over this shit....but I've learned enough lessons along the way to know better as an olde fuck to go there.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
That bridge definitely needs some attention. He added a span on the right side in the pic because the entire embankment...back to the garden statue....was gone. You can see the landscape fabric and some grass hanging there. That BIG orange-ish rock in the bottom of the new wall was mid-creek...and had a huge rise to it....like a wave.....and that's what it created...after it went up....it made a a big down-crashing wave on the downstream side and took out the bank. We sat the new wall partially on it....and the 2nd big rock just above it was the one we heaved and ho'd as hard as we could to move it a foot back out of the flow. On the other side we widened it all by a good 2 ft. It was solid roots and rocks. His property got hit by a mudslide 10-15 years ago and completely re-routed the creek...right up almost to his house. The deck is just out of view on the left in that downstream shot. Cool but scary ambience in the Spring...for sure.

Did the doc thing. Didn't even get to the physical...LOL. I have too much medical history, it seems, to cram it all in such a short span. Talked mostly about SLEEP...or lack of. Question for you guys.....have any of you ever taken gabapentin? She frowned at me taking Tramadol....but was all for thisdrug....and said it wasn't addictive. However...a visit to the Net last night shows that a buncha folks have troubles with it...either abusing it...or having a fuckin hard time getting off it. I have it in hand but i'm thinking I'm gonna pass on taking it.

Anyone have any experience/insights with/about this drug??
Stickii, I just weaned myself off this drug with my dr's help. Ive taken it two or three times, if you are a chronic pain patient, its the one nerve pain med they really push, at first I couldn't tell it did anything. Thought maybe it was helping with pain, wasn't ever really sure. First time I was gonna quit myself cold turkey, ended up in urgent care, wasn't sure what kind of spell I was having, ruled out heart and stroke fore I even got there, but weird head sweat, couldn't sleep, etc, anyhow, they called it a seratonin event, told me to take an extra xanax and never ever do that again, cold turkey. I talked to my pharmacist and he said same thing, come in, I'll give ya three or some till ya get to the dr, etc. This is just my opine, but its one of the nastier ones to come off of. For a super small dosage, my dr had me take 6 weeks of halving doses till I was done. If it takes that long for the smallest dose they hand out, some people I know take 4-8 times what I was taking per day. I'd never recommend this med for anyone as IME, any benefit, and Im still not sure what they was, don't outweigh the side effects, aka constipation, fuzzy headedness(I didn't mind that part) but just a yucky feelin med to me. I see on some CBD blogs they got kids takin it now for pain, seizures, etc. I don't like the fact its one of them they claim can help many different things, lol. That usually means it Won't help the one thing. Kinda like the new class of drugs that help the antidepressents, lol. If the antidepressents work, why do they need help? But again, must my experience. I can tell it messed with my weed buzz also, which was another downside for me.

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
Havnt did much today but I got to get off my ass and go pay pay some house bills.
My veg room comes on soon. Lots of work in there always.
Then tonight its work in flower rooms. Only have 3 rooms out of 4...1 room is down for cleaning etc.
I am gearing up though to breed some plants. Have a nice looking smelly bruce banner male. Gonna do a sog grow...place that male in the middle and let him do his thing.
I also have some dvg foul mouth going...still in veg though but took clones for sexing.

Will have company coming here this aft to. My coffee buddies. So will get some kinda break today lol Gonna smoke some wedding cake with my friends. Gee life is so tough eh lol

jpcyan

Really Active Member
This is what I will attempt to deal with tonight. This nest was only a few feet away, right at eye level where I have been doing work, moved the chickens, mowing grass, and i never noticed.
Now, it is over 2ft long and bigger than a basketball around. Freakin me out to even look at it..
Last yr i battled the yellow jackets/ground bees 3 times and got the F stung outta my ass. Lucky I'm not allergic.bladfacenest - Copy.jpg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
This is what I will attempt to deal with tonight. This nest was only a few feet away, right at eye level where I have been doing work, moved the chickens, mowing grass, and i never noticed.
Now, it is over 2ft long and bigger than a basketball around. Freakin me out to even look at it..
Last yr i battled the yellow jackets/ground bees 3 times and got the F stung outta my ass. Lucky I'm not allergic.View attachment 24004
How are you going to deal with them @jpcyan ? I have always herd those bee's are very aggressive.