What did you do today?

D

Deleted member 60

Just the lack of a phone makes all the difference....LOL. "YO....MOTHERFUCKER...WE'RE OVER HERE >>WORKING<< IF YOU WANNA LOOK UP...." Pfffftttt..... that shit drives me crazy. >>>SMACK<<<

I DO need to stop moving these big rocks though. Ouch. Hard...but enjoyable work in my world. It's always fun to play in the creek.....and like I asked my neighbor yesterday..."Did ya ever think as a kid you'd OWN your own creek you could play in?" Heeheee..... That was just after we used all the muscle both of us had to spin this HUGE rock into place....and I asked him if he knew how to say "Fuck Me" in Egyptian.... needless to say...we lost a few inches of progress we'd gained from laughing so hard...

Hope the back is better. Time to do more drywall?? heehee....

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Just the lack of a phone makes all the difference....LOL. "YO....MOTHERFUCKER...WE'RE OVER HERE >>WORKING<< IF YOU WANNA LOOK UP...." Pfffftttt..... that shit drives me crazy. >>>SMACK<<<

I DO need to stop moving these big rocks though. Ouch. Hard...but enjoyable work in my world. It's always fun to play in the creek.....and like I asked my neighbor yesterday..."Did ya ever think as a kid you'd OWN your own creek you could play in?" Heeheee..... That was just after we used all the muscle both of us had to spin this HUGE rock into place....and I asked him if he knew how to say "Fuck Me" in Egyptian.... needless to say...we lost a few inches of progress we'd gained from laughing so hard...

Hope the back is better. Time to do more drywall?? heehee....
Call Mr. Moses on his "cellstone" and ask him the easiest way to move a big rock. I think he used a stick. lol
Yep, drywall time!
1569426116006.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 60

Very cool @stiickygreen . Sure sign of a great landscaper. Those rock embankment look like they belong there. Well done! Couple of seasons of veg growth that will be very natural looking. I could not tell from the pictures is that bridge supported from above?
That bridge definitely needs some attention. He added a span on the right side in the pic because the entire embankment...back to the garden statue....was gone. You can see the landscape fabric and some grass hanging there. That BIG orange-ish rock in the bottom of the new wall was mid-creek...and had a huge rise to it....like a wave.....and that's what it created...after it went up....it made a a big down-crashing wave on the downstream side and took out the bank. We sat the new wall partially on it....and the 2nd big rock just above it was the one we heaved and ho'd as hard as we could to move it a foot back out of the flow. On the other side we widened it all by a good 2 ft. It was solid roots and rocks. His property got hit by a mudslide 10-15 years ago and completely re-routed the creek...right up almost to his house. The deck is just out of view on the left in that downstream shot. Cool but scary ambience in the Spring...for sure.

Did the doc thing. Didn't even get to the physical...LOL. I have too much medical history, it seems, to cram it all in such a short span. Talked mostly about SLEEP...or lack of. Question for you guys.....have any of you ever taken gabapentin? She frowned at me taking Tramadol....but was all for thisdrug....and said it wasn't addictive. However...a visit to the Net last night shows that a buncha folks have troubles with it...either abusing it...or having a fuckin hard time getting off it. I have it in hand but i'm thinking I'm gonna pass on taking it.

Anyone have any experience/insights with/about this drug??

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
That bridge definitely needs some attention. He added a span on the right side in the pic because the entire embankment...back to the garden statue....was gone. You can see the landscape fabric and some grass hanging there. That BIG orange-ish rock in the bottom of the new wall was mid-creek...and had a huge rise to it....like a wave.....and that's what it created...after it went up....it made a a big down-crashing wave on the downstream side and took out the bank. We sat the new wall partially on it....and the 2nd big rock just above it was the one we heaved and ho'd as hard as we could to move it a foot back out of the flow. On the other side we widened it all by a good 2 ft. It was solid roots and rocks. His property got hit by a mudslide 10-15 years ago and completely re-routed the creek...right up almost to his house. The deck is just out of view on the left in that downstream shot. Cool but scary ambience in the Spring...for sure.

Did the doc thing. Didn't even get to the physical...LOL. I have too much medical history, it seems, to cram it all in such a short span. Talked mostly about SLEEP...or lack of. Question for you guys.....have any of you ever taken gabapentin? She frowned at me taking Tramadol....but was all for thisdrug....and said it wasn't addictive. However...a visit to the Net last night shows that a buncha folks have troubles with it...either abusing it...or having a fuckin hard time getting off it. I have it in hand but i'm thinking I'm gonna pass on taking it.

I know damn well i would pass. Some of those drugs are very difficult to stop. I had a doc prescribed me paxil 25 years ago. Never said anything to me about having trouble stopping it. I still take it to this day and it might have even done me some good back then . Haven't felt like i needed it for a long time but just to scary trying to stop.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN

My dad was on tramadol for years because of his back. He wouldn't do the opiates unless he had to. Thought he was doing the right thing by not getting hooked on the opioids, lol. Come to find out the tramadol is habit forming, smh. Fucking docs and their pills.

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨

Gabapentin (brand name Neurontin) and other drugs that affect GABA receptors (Benzodiazepenes such as Xanax, Valium, Ativan, Klonopin)are both mentally and physically addicting. GABA receptors are the "hush receptors" in your brain, they help activate the stress defense system which includes an increase in Serotonin and Dopamine levels. Alcohol mainly affects GABA-A and Gabapentin affects GABA-B. Similar withdrawals but not quite the same effectiveness. It can be very deadly to quit cold turkey from GABA type drugs if abused.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Gabapentin (brand name Neurontin) and other drugs that affect GABA receptors (Benzodiazepenes such as Xanax, Valium, Ativan, Klonopin)are both mentally and physically addicting. GABA receptors are the "hush receptors" in your brain, they help activate the stress defense system which includes an increase in Serotonin and Dopamine levels. Alcohol mainly affects GABA-A and Gabapentin affects GABA-B. Similar withdrawals but not quite the same effectiveness. It can be very deadly to quit cold turkey from GABA type drugs if abused.
Does the Paxil fall into that group @spyralout ? Kind of hard to describe when i have tried quitting the Paxil it is almost like electrical snapping and popping. Very uncomfortable feeling. I am about ready to try again though.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Does the Paxil fall into that group @spyralout ? Kind of hard to describe when i have tried quitting the Paxil it is almost like electrical snapping and popping. Very uncomfortable feeling. I am about ready to try again though.
That sounds kinda crazy. I have a buddy that's been on paxil for about 20 yrs. He was told he would be taking it for the rest of his life, don't think it has even occurred to him to stop taking it. I'm gonna ask him, lol.

D

Deleted member 60

Thanks a bunch for the medical info @spyralout and to the rest of yaz for sharing your experiences and advices. I had a good stint with the "um's"in the late 70's..those fuckin blue 10's (before the V cutout was on the pill)....my buddy's bro had bottles of 500.... and I still hiccup to this day when I eat and don't drink enough.. Fortunately...that was the only lasting side effect I am aware of. Crossed the benzos off my list long ago....

With past "fun" with a number of substances...opiods and alcohol included ....when I read some of the stories @ Erowid about folks gettin super high on em...and then later wishing they'd never taken them...or how they struggled to stop taking them...I can see that this isn't gonna be something I even wanna try. Dunno what the new doc will say about me not even trying it.......but I'm the King of this castle...and I don't wanna fall prey again to the pills. Just too many ways to fail. I knew there was more to it when I read that you couldn't just stop taking it. That's what fucked me with the opiods. By the end..i didn;t know if I was in pain or not...and it didn't matter. What mattered was staying ahead of the withdrawal symptoms...and havin a shaker of pills in my hand. (full bottle)

Back to the drawing board.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks a bunch for the medical info @spyralout and to the rest of yaz for sharing your experiences and advices. I had a good stint with the "um's"in the late 70's..those fuckin blue 10's (before the V cutout was on the pill)....my buddy's bro had bottles of 500.... and I still hiccup to this day when I eat and don't drink enough.. Fortunately...that was the only lasting side effect I am aware of. Crossed the benzos off my list long ago....

With past "fun" with a number of substances...opiods and alcohol included ....when I read some of the stories @ Erowid about folks gettin super high on em...and then later wishing they'd never taken them...or how they struggled to stop taking them...I can see that this isn't gonna be something I even wanna try. Dunno what the new doc will say about me not even trying it.......but I'm the King of this castle...and I don't wanna fall prey again to the pills. Just too many ways to fail. I knew there was more to it when I read that you couldn't just stop taking it. That's what fucked me with the opiods. By the end..i didn;t know if I was in pain or not...and it didn't matter. What mattered was staying ahead of the withdrawal symptoms...and havin a shaker of pills in my hand. (full bottle)

Good luck man. I'll keep my eyes peeled in case I run across anything useful to ya.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Paxil is in a group of anti depressants called Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs). These are dangerous in their own right. They block the "recycling" of serotonin back into your brain juices so to speak. The zapping is a neurological effect and is very scary. It is actually a misfire of sorts. You need to seriously taper off any SSRIs (and SNRIs, N = Norepinephrine) or you will get those zaps and tics. Outta nowhere you can twitch and feel like you got internally jolted by 120 volts in the head.
This is how it roughly works:

Receptor Site = Lock
Neurotransmitter = Key
...only one key fits a lock to activate that response in your brain.
Synapse = the part of your brain where all the magic happens. Neurotransmitters (Keys) enter the synapse and bind to Receptor Sites (Locks).

Once the song and dance has played out, the neurotransmitters are "reuptaken" into the rest of the brain chemical pool and wait for the next cycle. In nature, this allows for the receptor sites to rest. Over-stimulation leads to receptor down regulation (they actually tuck under the surface) and you can no longer access that lock. It may eventually come back up but no guarantees it will be the same. Hence "killing brain cells" which we do on a daily basis even without these drugs, but they make it worse in the long run. Think of it as a one way turnstyle, neurotransmitters should be able to just enter through that turnstlye and exit through that same turnstyle after their job is done. SSRIs and SNRIs such as Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft, Effexor, [insert flavor of the month drug here], bind to this turnstyle and block the exit for a minimum half life of 24 hours (some 72 hours), keeping Serotonin and Dopamine levels up (giving you that "everything's ok" feeling; or in severe cases, suicidal thoughts and impulsivity.

Sorry for all the tech jargon, just ask if something doesn't make sense.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨

No problem @stiickygreen. Any time you guys have any questions about pharmacology on drugs whether it be street or prescribed, I'll do my best to provide my insight and experience (both personal and third party) in a manner that (hopefully) won't make you zone out lol :)

D

Deleted member 60

I kinda think I'm just gonna have to continue to treat sleep like I do my pain....as it comes. The doc's 2nd choice was Trazadone....which seems to be a misfit SSRI that makes people drowsy...so it's prescribed for insomnia. (?)
Either way...once again...not goin' there. I avoided all SSRI (have never taken one) when my son died cus I just flt it was like delaying the emotions...and dulling the love...and all my druggin over the years has taught me that no pill will make anything better...especially long term. Took me awhile to catch the fuck on....yup. :oops:

good luck Capt....and anyone else in the mix as well.....