What did you do today?

SSGrower

Average Grower
Kinda thought we would have more snow left over this year. August was def the hottest month, been cooking up here, started cooling down a couple days ago. 38f this morning.
I was 48F. Still seemed like a lot of snow compared to the last 3 or 4 years, seems like it is remnants from slides so you cant really see it from below. Was a shitty pick the following might explain why.
Mt Massive 14,429
View attachment 19752
What it looks like on top.
View attachment 19751
Guess putting moms ashes up here had more an impact than I thought. Couldn't clear the brain today.

D

Deleted member 60

Are you currently on the hill w/ a cell signal in a sea of ripstop, @SSGrower?

Obviously didn't know yer mom...but thinking of the magnitude of such days and I'm sending a healin vibe and this tune yer way...

Up on the high, high hills
With my floating friend
Watching all the silver
No one can ever spend
I feel the touch of her hand
And all it will erase
These footprints I followed
Though they followed my every pace
Days (3x)
Be more than all we have
No matter how much I cross
I always see the same stream
I'm standing up on these bridges
That are standing in a dream

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I was 48F. Still seemed like a lot of snow compared to the last 3 or 4 years, seems like it is remnants from slides so you cant really see it from below. Was a shitty pick the following might explain why.

Guess putting moms ashes up here had more an impact than I thought. Couldn't clear the brain today.
Oh man, my condolences. I had no idea, hit me up if you need to man.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

I was going to ask you about that. I do not know anything about the area but when i was looking at the pictures i was thinking that ground looked very unstable. I guess when it rains hard you could get some mud slides.? My condolences as well on your mom.

D

Deleted member 60

@Capt C ..... It's a huge pile of granite/rock that is always being assaulted by Mother Nature. Not many snow free days up there, for sure. My log home looked right at Massive from across the valley......sat @ 10,500 ft on the West side of the Mosquitos. A million dollar view, for sure. (OK...450K)

Definitely a nice string of days for climbing peaks @SSGrower

ISxrnc65wcr62q1000000000.jpg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Are you currently on the hill w/ a cell signal in a sea of ripstop, @SSGrower?

Obviously didn't know yer mom...but thinking of the magnitude of such days and I'm sending a healin vibe and this tune yer way...

Up on the high, high hills
With my floating friend
Watching all the silver
No one can ever spend
I feel the touch of her hand
And all it will erase
These footprints I followed
Though they followed my every pace
Days (3x)
Be more than all we have
No matter how much I cross
I always see the same stream
I'm standing up on these bridges
That are standing in a dream
@stiickygreen you sure know your music. There is a very young girl from the UK by the name of Jade Bird. She is coming to the DC area i would love to see her live. Have you herd of her she Does all her own material.?

D

Deleted member 60

I haven't heard her/of her @Capt C ....but I'll take a listen. Thanks.

Always been into the tunes...but left the mainstream in the late 70's and headed into the obscure/lesser known acts/New wave/Power pop/etc. Lyrics are scripture here.....deep and powerful stuff in many instances. There are so many talented folks on the sidelines trying to be heard it's crazy. Then folks watc h shit like American I'mDull and thin those folks are the cream of the crop. Nope...gimme a singer/songwriter who can play it all and produce himself and has something vital to say....and I'm all over it.

SSGrower

Average Grower
Thanks for the vibes all. It worked.

The shining part of today was helping one of the last conscripted (drafted) members of our military. He just needed a hand loading some exterior sheeting on his cart. Was good to express gratitude, then my comment about how thankfull I was for our voluntary service started a bit of a converstion.

SSGrower

Average Grower
@Capt C ..... It's a huge pile of granite/rock that is always being assaulted by Mother Nature. Not many snow free days up there, for sure. My log home looked right at Massive from across the valley......sat @ 10,500 ft on the West side of the Mosquitos. A million dollar view, for sure. (OK...450K)

Definitely a nice string of days for climbing peaks @SSGrower

View attachment 19880
There was fresh ice on the water above treeline in the am. I probably did have cell signal up top, but I try to limit my exposure when I am out there.

☮ and thanks.

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
Well I havnt done much today as just rose outta bed not long ago.
Yesterday how ever I cut a 45 foot ...7 foot high private hedge. Then did a 15 foot one but its only 4 feet tall. Then I got the big trimmer I have out and trimmed 4 trees. When that was done I cut my front lawn...the person next to me lawn and a 87 year old lady that has known me since I was born. Then after that I took the better half out for shopping. Then it was plant work till 2 am.
So today I'm only going to work in my grow rooms but that's not till tonight so im not gonna do much till then as I did over work myself yesterday.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I have the Big Chief smoker loaded with salmon bellies today, tomorrow I'm going to smoke a load of filets. I'll post finished pics of both tomorrow. View attachment 20034
I'll be over. Whatcha drinking? I'll grab it on the way. Them filets are gonna be unbelievable tomorrow.
tenor (9).gif
As for what I did today...I opened @9 was done by noon then back in to close at 6...hate long ass breaks.