What did you do today?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Working on the new to me FJ cruiser this week got the first step done. She is all gloss black with a white roof (no rack) on the roof. The first step was completed this week at Line-x. I had black line-x sprayed on the roof and on the hood and up the columns on each side of the front window. Not only does the line-x hide 7 year old black swirl marks on the hood it looks BADASS. That is one tough finish. Starting to look a bit like a hurst.LOL

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Cracked the riser on my bow right down the shelf its trashed now gonna have to get a new one im like three weeks out till start of the season and pissed about coming up with the money with school startin im as broke as the day is long but what am I gonna do no money no meat I dont live off it but I do love it
I love deer meat as well. Just never liked killing them. I always thought deer guts were the worst smelling stuff ever. Now i have killed mountains of fish, ducks and geese,. Fish guts no problem but them deer guts nasty LOL.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Congratz @PhatNuggz strain?
Have the next few days off. Waiting on some shit from Amazon today. Smoking some of my blueberry on my deck blasting my stereo. The cure really trlurned this all around. Even with a wettrim, three day hang dry,(not intended) then 1½-2 weeks of burping then just letting them sit for another 2 weeks opening them occasionally to check em or to smoke lol.

SSGrower

Average Grower
@SSGrower .... You should get/have gotten a copy of your original well permit with the house/property documents. The info is also online @ the DWR webpage. The well designation should also be written on there....but like you say... If your property/well is that old it may just say "Domestic". My well wasn't drilled til '80 but I still have a domestic right. Many of my neighbors don't. It will also say how many gpms the well produced @ the time of drilling. Your well guy can tell you with a test what the recovery rate is at present as well as how much water is in the pipe. Is your new well metered/on an Augmentation plan? Ah.....all fun stuff.

LOL about the garage. My house is the exact opposite. It started it's life AS a double car garage. I found the original door header...was a one car garage door....with a side door. The story we heard was that they were going to build across the creek...but evidently plans changed so the garage they had already built became the house. They then added on a bedroom and bath. Bedroom is on concrete block foundation. Dunno WTF the bathroom is on...LOL. Then there's the "sunroom".....built ON a deck....and not legal space....but closed in nicely/insulated and functional. It was a weekender...and they cobbled over a 30 year period...so there's all sorts of fun around. All sorts.

And yes...it's a new shower "bump out" off the side of the existing bathroom. And yes..ignoring would cover it. I mean...how do you involve them when nothing is to code on the rest of the house? I'm slightly hooking onto (2 ft of the wall) of the sunroom that's built on that deck.........so...um...there's no way it would be allowed if I called in the "Officials"....so I'm just doin' it. We'll ask permission later if anyone notices...LOL. And they won't.

Back on the "What did you do today" motif....Today I attended a funeral mass for the 33 year old son of a friend who lost a 10 year battle with addiction. Crazy weird all the shit that went through my head re our own loss and how sad it all can be to lose children. Saw peeps from my old life I hadn't seen since we split town...so it was another day of serious reflection on all fronts. Hug those kids guys. Shit changes fast.
Thoughts are with you and your friend. Death be goin round lately, neighbor's house will likely be for sale soon cause of it. I miss him, not that I knew him well but we rode a few times. We had real close time even for a race when I was in my 20's and he was in his fifties, waaayy before I knew him. He won the masters class I got 7th in my age class.

The well is good on flow no odors, so far test results are ok, waiting on some still. Not metered, and its the only water supply, nothing mentioned about augmentation or community wells, I am considering a fire cistern though.

D

Deleted member 60

It was a different vibe than when I lost my son...unexpectedly. After 10 years of on/off addiction/rehabs/etc...this guy just finally hit the wall. His lady left him when he relapsed and I think he took the ride willingly. Doesn't matter. He/they are gone. That's what truly resonates here.

Got the nerve up to blast into the bathroom wall this afternoon from the outside in. Got 5 nails in on removing the siding board and the sky opened up for a 15 minute smoke break. Ah...life in the mountains. When I got back to it and broke through the sheathing/drywall......I found/got a good view of the tub drain/plumbing....so that put me at ease a bit. I'll definitely be cussin it before it's over...but it is doable. I stepped into (it) this entire plan around the statement...."No..I'm not moving any plumbing this time". LOL. Fuck that.

Glad to hear the well is good on flow @SSGrower. We have awesome water here. I can barely stomach "city water" now with all of that chlorine/etc. in the mix. Yuk. Hope everything else checks out/etc.

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
HELLO EVERYONE
wel I was outside this morning sitting smoking a fatty
with a cup of coffee next to my girls out side this one here was suppost to gorilla glue but that's not it
the nose on her smells of pure grape jam nice color to her as well this is R2 and grows better outside than indoors I have the same girl in hydro buds outside are way bigger

Attachments

These pictures everyone is posting just has me itching to get some plants flowering. The ladies gone for a few days so I’m thinking I’ll sterilize the tent today or tomorrow. Set up the lights and closet, mix some soil, get some containers ready for the new cuts and bring in a few plants from outside. Not sure if I have room to pop any seeds, but would like to start growing out some of these packs that just stare at me...

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
These pictures everyone is posting just has me itching to get some plants flowering. The ladies gone for a few days so I’m thinking I’ll sterilize the tent today or tomorrow. Set up the lights and closet, mix some soil, get some containers ready for the new cuts and bring in a few plants from outside. Not sure if I have room to pop any seeds, but would like to start growing out some of these packs that just stare at me...
All in good time my friend. I'm patiently waiting too. You seem to have everything in order. Just the wait.
For me today I am off so I sat on my deck and am currently getting smashed. Lol babies are chilling in 75°F 66% RH chilling. I'm chilling on my roof deck which I absolutely adore so fuckin glad I finally have a deck. Drilling back some goose and getting my tan on.IMG_20190822_125426.jpg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Okay so i got a e-mail yesterday that looked like it was from Pay-pal. Pretty cleaver scam almost everything looked good. Even had a couple of links taking you to the real Pay Pal. The mail was saying that a certain bank had purchased my pay pal credit account .So i need some help figuring out what i could mail to this address in a regular size envelop so they will think it is a payment coming to them. Fucking scammers i hope they rot in hell.

D

Deleted member 60

Right there with some of yaz on the huntin'/deer thing.......however...there are a few people out there I could blow away before I'd shoot a helpless critter. I'd start with the "Trophy" hunter guys. What a hoot it would be to get 'em all out on safari and then go..."oops...yer it".....LOL. Run you fat fucker...run.... (Jimmy John comes to mind...and those Spawn of the Devil kids too) Click. BOOM. Anyone doin that kinda "real man" shit needs dusted IMO.

Headin out to do kitchen trim work for a neighbor. He's incapable of doin trim without a drill and drywall screws (yes, I'm serious) When he's "done' with shit it looks like a Kindergartener on acid was in there "working"..... oh my. One of the guys you keep the caulk guns away from...LOL. Fuck me. Many doobies will be burned (he doesn't smoke...those are for me/the wife)

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Right there with some of yaz on the huntin'/deer thing.......however...there are a few people out there I could blow away before I'd shoot a helpless critter. I'd start with the "Trophy" hunter guys. What a hoot it would be to get 'em all out on safari and then go..."oops...yer it".....LOL. Run you fat fucker...run.... (Jimmy John comes to mind...and those Spawn of the Devil kids too) Click. BOOM. Anyone doin that kinda "real man" shit needs dusted IMO.

Headin out to do kitchen trim work for a neighbor. He's incapable of doin trim without a drill and drywall screws (yes, I'm serious) When he's "done' with shit it looks like a Kindergartener on acid was in there "working"..... oh my. One of the guys you keep the caulk guns away from...LOL. Fuck me. Many doobies will be burned (he doesn't smoke...those are for me/the wife)
@stiickygreen i have a neighbor like that. Extremely smart engineer that can do just about anything. Damndest thing i have ever seen. He used beaded casing for trim on his house. The shit was all screwed up backwards with the bead to the outside. To my knowledge it is still like that.LOL

D

Deleted member 60

The killer thing is that he will start projects WITHOUT having ANY of the windows/doors/etc onsite...or ordered. Then...when he gets to the point he needs something....he heads to "Habitat" and buys something used/something broken/WHATEVER IS THERE.......and he puts that shit in! His G/F said she wanted a 2 sink vanity in the bathroom so he headed out...and 2 hours later...returned with a 70's...fake marble formica top w/ 2 small, white sinks and those "ball" handled 70's faucets...and slapped in in......sittin on 2 x 4's! That was last Summer.....and it's still like that. However...it matches the closet door he cut down from a huge entry/front door and hung on the OUTSIDE of the wall with big ass hinges! Talk about fucked up. LOFL.

I shudder when he "helps"....LOL.

D

Deleted member 60

I got burned bad by a contractor once.....had to put the fucker in jail for not securing my cash in escrow and spending it like it was his. He tried to hide in bankruptcy but I followed him through all of it with a lawyer in tow (cost me 10K). Then he laughed at me and I turned him over the the DA an they fucked him in the ass but good. He lucked out cus I had my bat in the car the day I finally caught up to him....and I lied to him and told him I'd pay him BIG money to finish my house. Then I stiffed his ass and his house of cards fell hard...

Good thing the garden was rockin' @ the time (mid 90's)....LOL....'cus when it all crashed he left me with a log home shell....just the logs......and he was supposed to finish most of it. So as a result....I ended up taking on ALL of the steps in building a house....cus I figured I could do it/take it out...put it back in for the same/less than anyone else....AND buy the tools to do it. I learned mucho.....but I'm not a builder.... I just know enough to wing it. I build shit STRONG......but not always "to code"...LOL. That's why we fly under the radar when we can....

My 20 year project. Sold that fucker cus dreams die hard when kids walk off the rock...

pdl23tp.jpg

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I got burned bad by a contractor once.....had to put the fucker in jail for not securing my cash in escrow and spending it like it was his. He tried to hide in bankruptcy but I followed him through all of it with a lawyer in tow (cost me 10K). Then he laughed at me and I turned him over the the DA an they fucked him in the ass but good. He lucked out cus I had my bat in the car the day I finally caught up to him....and I lied to him and told him I'd pay him BIG money to finish my house. Then I stiffed his ass and his house of cards fell hard...

Good thing the garden was rockin' @ the time (mid 90's)....LOL....'cus when it all crashed he left me with a log home shell....just the logs......and he was supposed to finish most of it. So as a result....I ended up taking on ALL of the steps in building a house....cus I figured I could do it/take it out...put it back in for the same/less than anyone else....AND buy the tools to do it. I learned mucho.....but I'm not a builder.... I just know enough to wing it. I build shit STRONG......but not always "to code"...LOL. That's why we fly under the radar when we can....

My 20 year project. Sold that fucker cus dreams die hard when kids walk off the rock...

View attachment 19672
I love log homes, been looking at kits for the last year or so. I see myself getting old in a nice log house.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 60

I'm highly opinionated on the subject of log homes....but I'm 30 years into the thoughts/dreams on such things should you wanna hear my take. Dunno where you are located...but I will say off the top that the D-log kit homes don't insulate very well like the bigger, whole logs do. A lot of folks build frame walls inside the D-logs to insulate...and to me...that totally defeats the reason you bought a "log" home in the first place. Gotta be REAL, hand peeled logs, IMO to be a real log home. Anywayz....I had to have one. Did it.... Learned mucho....and worked my ass off on it. It's the kinda stuff you can do yourself if you have long term focus and a producing garden....and realize that it's 10X more labor intensive than stick building a house. It also served as a great 2nd grow location....though it was a 55 mile drive to check on plants. Fuck..it's all like a movie now....