What did you do today?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
We had our offer on a house and 5ac accepted. The grow cabinet immediately became just a regular cabinet since we will rent this place if the deal goes through.
View attachment 17846

View attachment 17845
Luckilly this is almost a double deep garage so there is still room for a subaru impreza or audi a4, or a bunch of tools. So no final finishing trim, mud or paint, 'bout 350 in and could finish for another bill.
The renter that moves in will see that closet and say man what a sweet place for a grow room. LOL

SSGrower

Average Grower
So you moving farther in the hills then? Lol, that'd be my choice. Farther from neighbors.
The renter that moves in will see that closet and say man what a sweet place for a grow room. LOL
And maybe not even realize how correct he was haha
Yes, yes and yes.
I will put a couple bikes up in there, snap a pic as part of the rental portflio. Would rather not know, but would prefer my tenant is smart enough to figure out that it would be the best option if that is what they want to do.

D

Deleted member 60

Good luck on the new property acquisition, @SSGrower.

Crazy busy here. Had no internet for almost 2 days (ah....Podunk). Spent a couple days directing my neighbor on his skiddie and moved a buncha dirt/built a boulder wall creekside (boyz playin the the creek) and spread out a buncha straw mat to hopefully keep shit from washing away in the T-storms. Been there, done that...LOL.

Headin into a nice, warm, dry spell here for at least 10 days or so. The girls should love it. Been in that monsoon pattern for awhile and am only getting 1/2 days of sun/half day of clouds. Shit gonna go nutz.

Lotsa projects shapin' up to round out the Summer here. No rest for the wicked

SCJedi

Synergist
I fished the family pond in South Carolina thinking about my childhood fishing with my grandfather who passed away last week. Spoke a couple of lighthearted stories at the funeral and chugged a bunch of Cherry Pie moonshine with kin afterward. It's been an emotional week. Both grandparents now gone and not a lot of reason to trek back to the Carolinas like I have for 30 years. Bittersweet goodbyes...

D

Deleted member 60

>>>>Snickers<<<<< "That's a deduct" from the split. she gets half! "Here...I sawed the garage door remote controller in half. This half is yours" Hope you figured it out...and hope you found some fun on yer B-Day in the midst of it. You young uns..... enjoy...time is gonna speed up fo ya real soon.... yikes.

Spent a few hours last night digging out a spot for the shower room addition I'm gonna (try to...LOL) build onto the bathroom. Not huge by a lot of folks standards...but @ 3 x 5...it'll be the largest shower we've ever had. Lotsa finagling....it's yer classic "added onto" house....and not everything (anything( they did makes much sense looking at it now. I'm sure they had their reasons for doin what they did....but it sure makes it fun/interesting/challenging for us hacks to follow suit.....heehee.... I'm wingin' it...for sure....LOL...as always. Jack of all trades...master of none....yup. "Just enough education to perform" Stereophonics

Lotsa shit goin on. We'll be racing the weather to finish it all before the snow flies....per usual.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Lol, the garage door opener decided to shit the bed and not wanna open the door anymore. 🤔
Was an easy diagnoses for repair. 🙄
Well that's not what I did. Lol. 😎
What I did, Lmfao, was decide I'm not going to bother to fix it until the soon to be ex wife actually moves out. 😅😅😅
I don't mind operating it by hand, lol, but it's too heavy for her. Haha, call me petty but I'm laughing at the whole annoyance to her. 😂😂😂
Fate just happened to be a silly joker on my behalf yesterday at her inconvenience. Hahaha.
Thats funny i can not think of a better Birthday present to your self. LOL Mine walked in the garage the other day and said i hate that music you play in here all the time. I thought to my self this is my new favorite radio station. Hell yea i cranked the volume up a notch. Happy Birthday my friend.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Lol, the garage door opener decided to shit the bed and not wanna open the door anymore. 🤔
Was an easy diagnoses for repair. 🙄
Well that's not what I did. Lol. 😎
What I did, Lmfao, was decide I'm not going to bother to fix it until the soon to be ex wife actually moves out. 😅😅😅
I don't mind operating it by hand, lol, but it's too heavy for her. Haha, call me petty but I'm laughing at the whole annoyance to her. 😂😂😂
Fate just happened to be a silly joker on my behalf yesterday at her inconvenience. Hahaha.
lol I once "flattened" the tires on my own car, so my "future ex wife" couldn't drive it. She called a friend to pick her up. Well, you all know what I did. Compressor was aired and waiting. lol

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
yep I told my wife I wanted more seeds and she starts goin ape you have
all kinds and I said well you have all them purses but when you see a new one
that you don't have you want it same diff, she became real quiet after that
and what I did today was took the day of from work to do work
and its sure I nice outside no work for me until Monday I now need to go back outside
and finish painting the trim on the house before shit weather hits
good day everyone enjoy :cool:

SSGrower

Average Grower
>>>>Snickers<<<<< "That's a deduct" from the split. she gets half! "Here...I sawed the garage door remote controller in half. This half is yours" Hope you figured it out...and hope you found some fun on yer B-Day in the midst of it. You young uns..... enjoy...time is gonna speed up fo ya real soon.... yikes.

Spent a few hours last night digging out a spot for the shower room addition I'm gonna (try to...LOL) build onto the bathroom. Not huge by a lot of folks standards...but @ 3 x 5...it'll be the largest shower we've ever had. Lotsa finagling....it's yer classic "added onto" house....and not everything (anything( they did makes much sense looking at it now. I'm sure they had their reasons for doin what they did....but it sure makes it fun/interesting/challenging for us hacks to follow suit.....heehee.... I'm wingin' it...for sure....LOL...as always. Jack of all trades...master of none....yup. "Just enough education to perform" Stereophonics

Lotsa shit goin on. We'll be racing the weather to finish it all before the snow flies....per usual.
This is what I have to look forward to whether I want to or not. Found an old pic of our subject property and there is no garage, fast forward to today and there is a 2 car tuck under garage. House has same sq. footage, just that 416 of it is now garage. Interior walls have been moved (its a truss house so no interior walls are load bearing). Built at the tail end of the hippie comune era.

BTW according to the well tester domestic wells drilled prior to mid 1972 are allowed to use water outside for gardens and livestock. Prior to mid 72 there was no "household" category for wells.

@stiickygreen is this a new shower? You have zoning where your at or you just ignoring that?

D

Deleted member 60

@SSGrower .... You should get/have gotten a copy of your original well permit with the house/property documents. The info is also online @ the DWR webpage. The well designation should also be written on there....but like you say... If your property/well is that old it may just say "Domestic". My well wasn't drilled til '80 but I still have a domestic right. Many of my neighbors don't. It will also say how many gpms the well produced @ the time of drilling. Your well guy can tell you with a test what the recovery rate is at present as well as how much water is in the pipe. Is your new well metered/on an Augmentation plan? Ah.....all fun stuff.

LOL about the garage. My house is the exact opposite. It started it's life AS a double car garage. I found the original door header...was a one car garage door....with a side door. The story we heard was that they were going to build across the creek...but evidently plans changed so the garage they had already built became the house. They then added on a bedroom and bath. Bedroom is on concrete block foundation. Dunno WTF the bathroom is on...LOL. Then there's the "sunroom".....built ON a deck....and not legal space....but closed in nicely/insulated and functional. It was a weekender...and they cobbled over a 30 year period...so there's all sorts of fun around. All sorts.

And yes...it's a new shower "bump out" off the side of the existing bathroom. And yes..ignoring would cover it. I mean...how do you involve them when nothing is to code on the rest of the house? I'm slightly hooking onto (2 ft of the wall) of the sunroom that's built on that deck.........so...um...there's no way it would be allowed if I called in the "Officials"....so I'm just doin' it. We'll ask permission later if anyone notices...LOL. And they won't.

Back on the "What did you do today" motif....Today I attended a funeral mass for the 33 year old son of a friend who lost a 10 year battle with addiction. Crazy weird all the shit that went through my head re our own loss and how sad it all can be to lose children. Saw peeps from my old life I hadn't seen since we split town...so it was another day of serious reflection on all fronts. Hug those kids guys. Shit changes fast.

SecretSquirrel

Tree Enthusiast
Cracked the riser on my bow right down the shelf its trashed now gonna have to get a new one im like three weeks out till start of the season and pissed about coming up with the money with school startin im as broke as the day is long but what am I gonna do no money no meat I dont live off it but I do love it