West Coast Chronicles

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN

Texagonian

Outlaw
Thanks @Texagonian, very much appreciated. With such a short time in use, I'm already digging the site tube. It's definitely worth it. (y) What did you end up deciding to run in the tent?
I’m running the first test group. Black abyss, ground pounder, citrol sledgehammer, blunt force trauma. All are up and well. I have been dealing with some not so ideal conditions with the cold and is now taken care of and I also had a couple dampen off in the beginning that had to have replacements. Apologies for the delay, I know you’ve already ran the first group completely and I think @spyralout is or has as well. So far I had a 100% germ rate other than a damaged seed that was already kinda cracked and then the dampening off issue on two of them which was not the seeds fault. Hope all is well, thanks again for sharing your work🍻✌🏻

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Ground Pounder #1

IMG_20191030_212233__01.jpg

- Appearance – Not as frosty as the other Ground Pounders. Hard, no squish but not over dry. After nug is broken, frost is more pronounced. 7.7/10
- Bouquet –
Very subtle hints of Jack Herer. Mild nose that all changes when ground. Spicy pine with a hint of citrus fills the nostrils. 8.4/10
- Dry Hit (Joint) –
If GoJo made a fresh line version that is what it would taste like. Literally. With that β€œauto parts oil” smell and everything. 8.4/10
- Smoke –
Silky smooth - the blow-out-wavy-ribbons kind. Very nice to see travel through beams of light from an open tent. Has bite when dragon-breathing through the nose Limey Pine. Tasty. 8.9/10
- Effect –
Heavy head stone. If you lean your head in one direction you β€œfeel” that direction if you know what I mean. We both said at the same time that we felt it in our faces and palmed our eyes. The Zorro Mask Effect. Silly, funny laughing. Good shit. 9.2/10

Overall Rating (based on average of scores) – 8.5/10

Complete smoke reports of all pheno samples available on
@Phylex - you have some excellent crosses going on. Out of the first drop, Ground Pounder is something that has been consistently good amongst all phenos. Citrol Sledgehammer is a close second, especially if one is looking for a more motivating strain that also relieves certain pains.

Thank you my friend for granting us the opportunity to test not only your seed genetics but also samples of the dried and cured product. Definitely some fire to be had here. Can't wait for the new crosses to be done, quite a bit in progress right now. πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
9lb. Blueberry #2 tester/comp plant. The leaves are fat, and heavy indica leaves with almost #2 pencil thick stems for the fan leaves. The central stalk I'm finding impressively robust, with good overall structure. They're fighting for light along the perimeter of the tent because of they're height going in. They're competing with plants already on day 31 in flower. (Even after being propped up.) #3 has the most unobstructed light of the four. She's remaining somewhat squat in nature. #4 is covered the most in canopy, and she's really overcharging her stretch in an attempt to fight for light.
IMG_2533.JPG

IMG_2534.JPG

IMG_2535.JPG

IMG_2536.JPG

And here's 9lb. Blueberry #1 (hybrid/sativa leaner) day 31 for reference
IMG_E2537.JPG

IMG_E2538.JPG

IMG_E2539.JPG

IMG_E2540.JPG

And here's Astro Black for a little tent contrast. She was telling me she's been cold for a couple of nights this week. I ready knew that and I made some tent adjustments, but I didn't tell her that. I just thanked her for letting me know and I told her she was pretty.
IMG_E2546.JPG

IMG_E2547.JPG

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I’m running the first test group. Black abyss, ground pounder, citrol sledgehammer, blunt force trauma. All are up and well. I have been dealing with some not so ideal conditions with the cold and is now taken care of and I also had a couple dampen off in the beginning that had to have replacements. Apologies for the delay, I know you’ve already ran the first group completely and I think @spyralout is or has as well. So far I had a 100% germ rate other than a damaged seed that was already kinda cracked and then the dampening off issue on two of them which was not the seeds fault. Hope all is well, thanks again for sharing your work🍻✌🏻
That's awesome. It'll be some good variety. But no really, thank you for sharing some of your real estate. I greatly appreciate it.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Ground Pounder #1

View attachment 33315

- Appearance – Not as frosty as the other Ground Pounders. Hard, no squish but not over dry. After nug is broken, frost is more pronounced. 7.7/10
- Bouquet –
Very subtle hints of Jack Herer. Mild nose that all changes when ground. Spicy pine with a hint of citrus fills the nostrils. 8.4/10
- Dry Hit (Joint) –
If GoJo made a fresh line version that is what it would taste like. Literally. With that β€œauto parts oil” smell and everything. 8.4/10
- Smoke –
Silky smooth - the blow-out-wavy-ribbons kind. Very nice to see travel through beams of light from an open tent. Has bite when dragon-breathing through the nose Limey Pine. Tasty. 8.9/10
- Effect –
Heavy head stone. If you lean your head in one direction you β€œfeel” that direction if you know what I mean. We both said at the same time that we felt it in our faces and palmed our eyes. The Zorro Mask Effect. Silly, funny laughing. Good shit. 9.2/10

Overall Rating (based on average of scores) – 8.5/10

Complete smoke reports of all pheno samples available on
@Phylex - you have some excellent crosses going on. Out of the first drop, Ground Pounder is something that has been consistently good amongst all phenos. Citrol Sledgehammer is a close second, especially if one is looking for a more motivating strain that also relieves certain pains.

Thank you my friend for granting us the opportunity to test not only your seed genetics but also samples of the dried and cured product. Definitely some fire to be had here. Can't wait for the new crosses to be done, quite a bit in progress right now. πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
No doubt brother. All the thanks to you for helping test and providing these time consuming smoke reports.

Texagonian

Outlaw
That's awesome. It'll be some good variety. But no really, thank you for sharing some of your real estate. I greatly appreciate it.
No worries, I needed to get them in there and test them out for you. What were the flower times on them? I know you put 8-9 weeks on the packs but since you’ve ran them yourself I was wondering if anything changed with the cross to the 9lb hammer? I’ll get some more updates posted up in here soon. Making some adjustments,etc.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
No worries, I needed to get them in there and test them out for you. What were the flower times on them? I know you put 8-9 weeks on the packs but since you’ve ran them yourself I was wondering if anything changed with the cross to the 9lb hammer? I’ll get some more updates posted up in here soon. Making some adjustments,etc.
Not much has changed. It's hard for me to give you a definitive answer. I harvested one GP Chemotype at day 57. The majority were harvested between 63-67 days respectively. I had 3 or 4 I harvested at or around day 70. (I believe it was one CS and a couple of BFT's) that I let go the longest.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Has anyone got any of the Citrol Sledgehammer in flower? I got a bid in at the auction and am stoked that people seem to be letting me get them.
@spyralout might. I believe @Jesselikes2Grow ended up with males, and @yougrowyourway and @Texagonian are still in veg. I don't believe @SoLowDoughLow popped any of the CS. I have pictures in this thread in the early to mid page 20's I believe. I have pictures all throughout flower. There's also pictures posted on our website and I plan to add some pictures to seed finder; hopefully later today or tomorrow.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@spyralout might. I believe @Jesselikes2Grow ended up with males, and @yougrowyourway and @Texagonian are still in veg. I don't believe @SoLowDoughLow popped any of the CS. I have pictures in this thread in the early to mid page 20's I believe. I have pictures all throughout flower. There's also pictures posted on our website and I plan to add some pictures to seed finder; hopefully later today or tomorrow.
Yeah, I read all of @spyralout's reviews on the site LOL. I was wondering if the pheno-hunt ratio was about the same for the other drops people did. Looked like at least 2 different ones from his descriptions. And I just grow for smoke, so it's just curiosity.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Yeah, I read all of @spyralout's reviews on the site LOL. I was wondering if the pheno-hunt ratio was about the same for the other drops people did. Looked like at least 2 different ones from his descriptions. And I just grow for smoke, so it's just curiosity.
I have not grown out Citrol Sledgehammer cuz there are several folks on here growing them and I wanted to get more of @Phylex strains run to get some exposure and data. Of the product testers that I was given from Phylex grows, they are definitely heady and on the motivating end. Citrus, whether lemon/lime/tangerine or just one of those, was always present. I don't recall off the top of my head which pheno/chemotype was the best. But I do recall that it is something I would hunt through in the future for the high if anything. I'm just in mass variety testing mode right now πŸ™‚
Think FRESH...AHHHH... on dry hit and wake n bakes πŸ˜ƒ (3 joint wake n bake per pheno on several phenos between me n my girl). A thing to note is that the high can cut through most highs if you're already baked on something else. Excellent indicator for us on potency and "high dominance" so to speak. Not all weed does that.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Not much has changed. It's hard for me to give you a definitive answer. I harvested one GP Chemotype at day 57. The majority were harvested between 63-67 days respectively. I had 3 or 4 I harvested at or around day 70. (I believe it was one CS and a couple of BFT's) that I let go the longest.
Thanks for the info. I let them go until they are good and ready unless I mess something up or there is a catastrophic situation. Sounds like the 70 day mark will be at the far end and some down in the 50’s . All good either way! Just having fun with them and keep looking out for girls. ✌🏻

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
When I get in I'll really look at my ladies for pheno variances. I ended up with all girls I'm pretty sure. I know the ones I've been favoring are girls. I think phylex looked out for me and sent me all females. Let's hope my other packs have the same male and female ratios aka all females. 😁🀣πŸ€ͺ😝

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Yea, I popped 2 and got both males...

Fyi tho, I got some blunt force trauma going that just popped up yesterday!

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
God O War #4 -F&D - Day 66
20191203_203231.jpg
Stretchy plant and probably needs another week. Gotta scope it. There's that Ghost Train Haze influence. The one right next to it passed the lights. Spicy floral pine so far. My arms are covered in stick and stank.

9 Pound Blueberry #3 - F&D - Week 7
20191203_202444.jpg

20191203_202503.jpg

20191203_202518.jpg
Let's compare and see if yours looks similar. This one smells without having to rub. Great CMH/HPS position in the tent.

X-Files #4 - F&D - Week 7
20191203_202802.jpg

Very resilient plants. Taking some stress from F&D flood time and nute experimentation, battled whiteflies and won, accidental 24+ hrs in the dark, then accidental extra 10 hours of light. No balls or nanners. Powering right through it all πŸ’ͺ

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
20191203_202518.jpg

Let's compare and see if yours looks similar. This one smells without having to rub. Great CMH/HPS position in the tent.
I'll take some pictures of the above tonight when the lights kick on. I do have some photos of 9lb. Blueberry I took last night. (Day 33) One thing that jumps right out to me is maturation. Yours seems to be covered in white pistils pushing day 49, whereas most of mine have receded and turned already by day 33. I'm already thinking she might be an earlier finisher but yours is looking more like a 63-65 day finisher
T339PB1.1.JPG

T339PB1.2.JPG

T339PB1.3.JPG

T339PB1.4.JPG

T339PB1.5.JPG.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
My first experimental hydro run in the @HydroRed DIY F&D tote seems to be chugging right along. I'm really digging this. I had one quick overnight PH increase right after my first reservoir change. I adjusted the PH and surprisingly it's seemed pretty steady since then. Thanks @spyralout for all of my questions. I started adding a Bennie tea. It's technically not a tea any longer because I'm not brewing it as I would have. I'm using Heisen's recipe except I dropped the molasses and supplemented it with Recharge. Recharge doesn't need to be brewed and it actually has some molasses in it. I also didn't have molasses and I have Recharge. I've read Recharge can foam if introduced to an air pump, but I'm not getting any foam with the ratio I seem to be using. I'm flooding with a standard submersible pump, but I'm also running an air stone in the reservoir. Even though the draining action into the lower reservoir should produce adequate oxygen in the water, I decided to run an air stone anyway. I figured it wouldn't hurt. But what do I know πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ it's my first try, so I'm here to fuck it up. lol
IMG_2586.JPG

IMG_2592.JPG

IMG_E2588.JPG

IMG_E2589.JPG