West Coast Chronicles

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
That's awesome. Are you still playing with Congo?

Thank you for the kind words. Chuckers is definitely filled with so many great growers, yourself included. I'm pretty sure you're kidding, or at least hope so. I hope you keep impregnating females. (y)

See, you're already poised to being one of the richest men during the apocalypse.
I have 50-100 beans from the Congo chuck.. Will pheno hunt someday.. But like I'm getting at.. Too much other cool shit I gotta grow 🤪. Seriously tho I don't see myself knocking up ladies for a long while. If I had more room id forever be chucking but after this recent chuck comes to fruition I will be more interested in growing anything from you, @SCJedi , @Schwaggy P , @Heisenbeans , @thenotsoesoteric etc that I can get my sweaty hands on lol

Last edited:

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Here's a quick random tent photo shoot from the door last night. It was just a point and shoot session, so I didn't check labels and notate who's pictured. This night time light schedule is messing up my normal routine. Once I get into a better groove soon, I'll start labeling who's who.

Day 24 flower
IMG_E2361.JPG

IMG_E2362.JPG

IMG_E2363.JPG

IMG_E2365.JPG

IMG_E2366.JPG

IMG_E2369.JPG

IMG_E2370.JPG

IMG_E2371.JPG

IMG_E2372.JPG

IMG_E2374.JPG

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I also decided to finally try my hand at hydro. I decided on the simple flood and drain system. I expect some growing pains, but if this works out, I can see myself doing a complete change over and using soil minimally if at all. I'm already digging how clean this set up looks.

The back row is Moontang Mystery and the front row is God O War.
IMG_2348.JPG

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I also decided to finally try my hand at hydro. I decided on the simple flood and drain system. I expect some growing pains, but if this works out, I can see myself doing a complete change over and using soil minimally if at all. I'm already digging how clean this set up looks.

View attachment 31984
Yeeeeaaaa buddy 💪👍🔥

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
need some of those 9LB HAMMER XS to get sweaty with some Heathen Hammers , Phylex be slingin some molten lava for fucks sake
Thanks brother. I have a new one that's really peaking my interest right now. These 9lb. Blueberry #2's are fat, and heavy indica leaners. They may be squat so far, but they're very robust, with very nice lateral growth. They ended up being designated for the 2L challenge as a first test/comp plant, but now I really want to get them into flower because I have this overwhelming desire to see them mature.

For reference, here's the difference between #1 and #2

9lb. Blueberry #1 (Hyper Blueberry Blast x 9lb. Hammer)
9lb. Blueberry #2 (9lb. Hammer x Hyper Blueberry Blast)

I'll try to remember to take some current pics of #2 today for an update on the comp thread.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower

View attachment 31984
Hell yea! Can't wait to see how this turns out for ya... good luck!

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar

View attachment 31984
did you build that little flood container unit?

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
I did. I built it with the help of @spyralout and @HydroRed 's tutorial. (y)
I was wondering if that was ol hydro reds design. Was considering checking that out ages ago but i got distracted by a squirrel. Looks right tight as piss! 👍

Doooooooit. You know you wanna mang.

Rom all double bass kick on a single pedal like John Bonham
I can slide/swivel but it gets tiring and it’s hard to do certain tempos besides super fast. I have to admit I cheat a bit with a double pedal occasionally. For shame. I’m very seriously considering low fi hydro. The flood style does seem manageable for worst case scenario but i feel its not quite freaky enough for me. You see I’m very freaky freaky. Haha.
How many watts would it take (approx) to run a 4 bucket rdwc setup pump wise? I’m seriously considering a small solar system with a couple big car batteries

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I was wondering if that was ol hydro reds design. Was considering checking that out ages ago but i got distracted by a squirrel. Looks right tight as piss! 👍

I can slide/swivel but it gets tiring and it’s hard to do certain tempos besides super fast. I have to admit I cheat a bit with a double pedal occasionally. For shame. I’m very seriously considering low fi hydro. The flood style does seem manageable for worst case scenario but i feel its not quite freaky enough for me. You see I’m very freaky freaky. Haha.
How many watts would it take (approx) to run a 4 bucket rdwc setup pump wise? I’m seriously considering a small solar system with a couple big car batteries
25w 400gph water pump, 50w air pump. If no chiller then make sure your water is good some other way (bennies).

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN

For getting my feet wet and learning hydro, I went with the less expensive option. But from what I'm hearing, RDWC is definitely the beast in the room. Either way, either option is a step ahead from our soil growth rates.