West Coast Chronicles

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I finished sterilizing the flower tent and cleaning it out. I moved the new test group #2 out of veg and they'll begin flower tonight.

View attachment 27366

View attachment 27367

View attachment 27368

GP3 that I decided to try and re-veg on harvest day is finally getting some new growth.
View attachment 27369

I built this @macsnax seed cleaner that I saw in his youtube video. It works very nicely and helps shave some time when shucking seeds. It's a great addition. Thank you for sharing! A big thanks to @spyralout and his GF as well for the logos. I found a good place for one already. (A little crooked. I got a little too close and it grabbed ahold before I could adjust it. But I love it!)

View attachment 27370
Very nice man! Glad to be an inspiration, and they save a lot of time. That's good stuff right there.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Blunt Force Trauma #3 ⚒🤕

BFT#3_20191027_185851.jpg

- Appearance – Chunky, comprised of mini brussell sprout shaped flowers. Streaks of purple all over the bud with “redhead” hairs. Squishy with just a hint of hardness. 9.0/10

- Bouquet –
Very subtle. Delicate tangerine peel. 7.2/10

- Dry Hit (Joint) –
Tangerine peel is ever so present, but still light. 7.4/10

- Smoke –
Smooth, not expansive. Light. Definitely recognizable “BCK Tingle” on the tongue and in the mouth, but not as pronounced as its parent. 7.4/10

- Effect –
Mellow, calming. Slight top of the head pulsation. CREEPER. There’s one of those BCK oldskool characteristics. The 9 Pound Hammer brought out the hammer and hit me on the head. 8.0/10

Overall Rating (based on average of scores) – 7.8/10

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Black Abyss 2 #3 abyss.gif🖤

BA2#3_20191028_173821.jpg

- Appearance – Chunky & dense with a bit of give; will bounce back in 3 seconds with a light pinch. 3 shades of green, light/medium/dark and frosty. 8.4/10

- Bouquet –
Mellow Blackjack with stinky skunky undertones. 8.7/10

- Dry Hit (Joint) –
The Blackjack is very apparent with its Jack Herer influence. The taste is nostalgic in the sense that it tastes like “Green Bud” (NOT grassy, but the term used back in the brick days) - 8.5/10 (a bit extra for oldskool points)

- Smoke – Smooth, no coughing. Not expansive so it takes a few triple-tokes then inhale to get the flavor, but it’s very nice. 3 different people actually said “oldskool” when they hit it. 8.2/10

Effect –
It’s like the 9 Pound Hammer brought the hammer to the Blackjack, which has typically been weaker in the “hit” dept (@Phylex good job on the pairing, it definitely added some much needed kick to the Blackjack). Best put by a family member - “It’s reminiscent of the great high you got after smoking a buncha brick so long then you get something really good that’s just called “ 'Skunk.' ” I tend to agree, but it's not nearly as offensive as some of the alleged “Skunk Weed” I’ve had. This one mainly had a similar feel with a smoother, softer, more "palatable" smoke (although I absolutely love the stankiest of stank too). 8.9/10 (a bit extra for oldskool points)

Overall Rating (based on average of scores) – 8.5/10

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I should just give you what I grow for the smoke reports alone @spyralout . Damn fine work sir and damn fine work to @Phylex . Beautiful plants and beautiful buds! Giving me a lot to live up to on my tester group! Thank you again for the opportunity and apologies for being the straggler of the bunch.
Thanks for the kind words Tex. That really means a lot. I'm very fortunate and grateful to be able to do all of this while sharing the experiences with everyone. Thanks for all the support and encouragement man, really 👍👊🔥🔥🔥 I would love to smoke your warez one day man!!

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
God O War #1 RDWC - end of week 5

20191101_191833.jpg

20191101_191631.jpg

20191101_192026.jpg

20191101_192848.jpg
Freeing up the roots from the hydroton helped (y) Very resilient plant. Multiple stresses to the rootball and it also sits right at the zipper part of the tent door, which leaks light along with the multiple pin holes. No signs of herm 👍 Spicy creamy lemon like Home Run Pie filling sprinkled with some random dusting from the spice rack.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
God O War #1 RDWC - end of week 5

View attachment 28020

View attachment 28021

View attachment 28022

View attachment 28024
Freeing up the roots from the hydroton helped (y) Very resilient plant. Multiple stresses to the rootball and it also sits right at the zipper part of the tent door, which leaks light along with the multiple pin holes. No signs of herm 👍 Spicy creamy lemon like Home Run Pie filling sprinkled with some random dusting from the spice rack.
How would you rate the strength of her smell at this point? You’re going to be the first one to the finish line with her. I’m about 5 weeks behind you. She looks like she’s building up a nice sugar coat. Nicely done. 👍🏼

She’s looking like a GTH leaner

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
6/10. Needed to rub a couple buds to get it but they were "smooth greasy" - like how face paint makeup feels between the fingers. Structure is gorgeous. I agree on GTH leaner, those skinny but firm looking blades with fine tooth comb veins 🤩 I have a feeling this cross will be solid. Good job on the pairing man. I bet Hyper Train will be something to look forward to. Didn't you have another GTH cross?

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Ground Pounder #5 hammerpound.gif

IMG_20191028_223635.jpg

IMG_20191028_224228.jpg

- Appearance – 90% purple covered in fine crystal beach sand. Absolutely gorgeous. Not a typical fan of purple for non-aesthetic reasons, but this is one of the most beautiful PURPLE buds we’ve ever had. Outstanding. 10/10
- Bouquet –
Nothing distinct except for a diluted Purple Kool Aid. When ground the smell is much more pronounced. 7.4/10
- Dry Hit (Joint) –
Purple sweet tart. Resin coated roof of mouth and tongue. 7.8/10
- Smoke –
Purple sweet tart remains in the taste. Very difficult to discern but distinct backend - melting/burning anise? Medium bodied smoke with bite, an extra throat hit but no coughing. 8.4/10
- Effect –
Heavy forehead. Mild body buzz. High lasted for a solid hour, drifting into the nap zone. Definitely after dinner smoke. Has that “purple effect” but better than most purples that we’ve tried. 8.5/10

Overall Rating (based on average of scores) – 8.4/10

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Citrol Sledgehammer #2 🍊⚒

IMG_20191101_195730.jpg

- Appearance – Solid and spongy. Fine trichomes all over. The trichomes give it the illusion of being a light gray in tint but under closer inspection it’s all lime green with white. 8.0/10
- Bouquet –
Smells just like the white rind part of an orange peel. Almost like the original Tangie but not nearly as plastic-y. Nothing else. 7.9/10
- Dry Hit (Joint) –
Very lemon citrus Dole in the refrigerated carton drink. Almost as if you chomped up a few chewable vitamin C tablets and breathed out through your nose. 8.4/10
- Smoke –
Fresh photo copies. A pile of freshly printed oldskool Xerox copies - take a big whiff. You know you’ve done it. Then light orange Flintstone vitamin on the exhale. Leaves a bit of sting on the gums behind the teeth. 8.0/10 (points for uniqueness and invoking an obscure memory of a smell)
- Effect – On the uplifting end of the spectrum. Gave us a second wind on a long day around 11:00pm. This is after all day smoking around 8 joints of various strains and running errands. Very welcome high, giving the ability to push for that extra yard to score another touchdown. 8.6/10

Overall Rating (based on average of scores) – 8.2/10

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
View attachment 27359

Charged on up to see @Phylex for the test subjects of the latest harvest.

View attachment 27360
Grab Your Balls
It's Harvest Time

We're absolutely blown away by the generosity and opportunity to test these damn fine specimens from the original round of test subjects. 21 Half-Pint Ball jars each labeled with the strains and particular plant numbers. Super clean and great attention to detail. We have quite a bit of work to do.

Strains

- Black Abyss
(Blackjack x 9 Pound Hammer) (BA1 #2, 3, 4) (BA2 #1, 3)
- Blunt Force Trauma (BCK Phylex Cut x 9 Pound Hammer) (BFT #1, 3, 4, 5)
- Citrol Sledgehammer (Tangie x 9 Pound Hammer) (CS #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Ground Pounder (Gelat.OG x 9 Pound Hammer) (GP #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Each strain and plant/phenotype # will be tested thoroughly using 2 x 0.75-1g joints (RAW brand 1.25's) with non filter tips. This provides a new testing vehicle each time and allows for clean sampling of an often overlooked but very telling technique, the dry hit. Reporting format will be as seen in previous reviews in this thread. In the spirit of continuous improvement, they are subject to changes or updates at any time. All feedback is welcomed. The primary goal is to provide honest feedback and insight in a useful and relatable manner, helping one another strive to achieve our goals in the craft that we all love.

To kick this off, we have randomly selected one strain out of the 21 listed above:
View attachment 27365
The person that quotes this message and correctly guesses this strain with plant/pheno # will win a Limited Edition "Grab Your Balls It's Harvest Time" T-Shirt with the GK Genetics logo on the sleeve (choice of size, available in white only) [@Phylex not eligible to participate 😄].
Deadline to enter: 1 week from today, 11/3/19 @ 23:59 PST. 1 entry per person. Tiebreakers, if necessary, TBD.

Have fun folks. Reports will be released in no particular order over the upcoming weeks. Hope you enjoy :)
Modifying this contest near the end here, since there wasn't anybody who guessed correctly.
Sunday Football trivia - name the NFL team that (stupidly) passed on Aaron Rodgers in the NFL Draft and who they picked instead of him. First person to PM me the correct answer wins the shirt. This shirt will be the first one released using our new process of dye sublimation (hit me up if you want to know what this means and what the difference is).

Also, not every strain's pheno will have its smoke report showcased here. A complete repository of smoke reports will be available at https://gkgenetics.com/
Random contests will be posted both here on Chuckers and on the GK Genetics website, so check back regularly for your chance to win. Some cool stuff in the works, don't miss out :cool:

@Jesselikes2Grow@SoLowDoughLow@gwheels@CaptC@yougrowyourway@Texagonian@ChronicWonders@UncleRomulus@SchwaggyP@HydroRed@MainCola@Heisenbeans@AmosOtis@Gweedo@Cob_nUt@OldST1R@Heathenraider@Armdog @TheSpaceFarm@thenotsoesoteric@Highkev@Jewels @Cfeezzie@Streetpro09@TerpyTyrone@NoWaistedSpace@TerpyTyrone@macsnax@dstroy@Bodyne@Chiefer888@jpcyan@BurnedHaze@Easty@KeifLint@SaintyMcCunt@SecretSquirrel@SSGrower@GreenGirl

Last edited: