West Coast Chronicles

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
On the last test run I used square, 5.5" pots. While on the smaller end, they served their purpose as intended. On this next test run I decided to bump up the pot size. While most are in one gallon pots, I have some that are in 2.5 gallon. It'll be interesting to see if they all fit once they're all grown up, but I'm all in for the challenge.

Here's some thirsty ones just waiting to be flowered.
IMG_E1978.JPG

Galactic Funk (Tangie x Hyper Alien) is letting me know she's a she
IMG_E1982.JPG

IMG_E1984.JPG

I decided to take a few clones on this run
IMG_E1983.JPG

And here's a plant I gave my Dad to grow. I just brought it over one day and said, "Here, grow this." What's funny is my Step-Mom got stuck growing it. My parents are close to their 80's and don't smoke, but my Dad loves growing his tomatoes. The only thing it received was hose water. My Step-Mom is so cute because she was genuinely afraid of ruining it. lol. I just told her, "I don't care if you kill it. Just have fun with it. And by the way, you're doing good!" Not to shabby for a sweet little old lady equipped with just her garden hose.
IMG_E1972.JPG

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
On the last test run I used square, 5.5" pots. While on the smaller end, they served their purpose as intended. On this next test run I decided to bump up the pot size. While most are in one gallon pots, I have some that are in 2.5 gallon. It'll be interesting to see if they all fit once they're all grown up, but I'm all in for the challenge.

View attachment 27038

View attachment 27039

View attachment 27041

View attachment 27040

And here's a plant I gave my Dad to grow. I just brought it over one day and said, "Here, grow this." What's funny is my Step-Mom got stuck growing it. My parents are close to their 80's and don't smoke, but my Dad loves growing his tomatoes. The only thing it received was hose water. My Step-Mom is so cute because she was genuinely afraid of ruining it. lol. I just told her, "I don't care if you kill it. Just have fun with it. And by the way, you're doing good!" Not to shabby for a sweet little old lady equipped with just her garden hose.
View attachment 27037
Nice. There is already some purple showing in the stems and the "leaf navel," spreading through the veins. Hell yea man, I'd be proud to grow that plant especially considering just hose water. I bet it smokes way better than some of those dispo buds we've had to cop somewhat recently 🙂

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Nice. There is already some purple showing in the stems and the "leaf navel," spreading through the veins. Hell yea man, I'd be proud to grow that plant especially considering just hose water. I bet it smokes way better than some of those dispo buds we've had to cop somewhat recently 🙂
I bet you’re right. I ran out before this last harvest and had to buy dispo buds. Needless to say I was disappointed every time lol. I’m still grateful it was an option, better than nothing lol. But I bet that plant smoke better 🤘

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Galactic Funk definitely has purple running through its veins with the Hyper Alien in it.

The hose water plant I gave my Dad to grow was a cloned Hyper Blueberry Blast. I’ll check the trichomes for them on Sunday to gauge how much longer they have before harvest. Hopefully I remember to bring my new toy with me. I’ll post it up tomorrow. I’m pretty stoked to start using it.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I bet you’re right. I ran out before this last harvest and had to buy dispo buds. Needless to say I was disappointed every time lol. I’m still grateful it was an option, better than nothing lol. But I bet that plant smoke better 🤘
Even though my Dad doesn’t smoke weed, he loves his tobacco pipe. I’m sure I can convince him to try it. My Step-Mom on the other hand still seems a little apprehensive when I joke with her about trying what she grew. We’ll have to see how that one shapes up. They’re already a blast to be around sober, I could only imagine how funny they would be if they were high. I might have to keep them on the couch, but I’m sure we’d be laughing at my Dad the entire time.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Even though my Dad doesn’t smoke weed, he loves his tobacco pipe. I’m sure I can convince him to try it. My Step-Mom on the other hand still seems a little apprehensive when I joke with her about trying what she grew. We’ll have to see how that one shapes up. They’re already a blast to be around sober, I could only imagine how funny they would be if they were high. I might have to keep them on the couch, but I’m sure we’d be laughing at my Dad the entire time.
maybe a gummy bear :) she was already game to grow it out. Sounds like they're hilarious lol.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
maybe a gummy bear :) she was already game to grow it out. Sounds like they're hilarious lol.
They absolutely are. It’s always all laughs. I couldn’t do her like that though with an edible. I’m terrified of edibles. Lol. I over did it my first time and I won’t touch them again. I’m thinking a half mini hit where she doesn’t even look like she inhaled would be good. She doesn’t drink either. So I have to take it easy on her. My Dad on the other hand is fair game. 😂

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Lol that would be hilarious! I hope you can convince them to smoke.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
They absolutely are. It’s always all laughs. I couldn’t do her like that though with an edible. I’m terrified of edibles. Lol. I over did it my first time and I won’t touch them again. I’m thinking a half mini hit where she doesn’t even look like she inhaled would be good. She doesn’t drink either. So I have to take it easy on her. My Dad on the other hand is fair game. 😂
Yea overdoing it can be a little uncomfortable. I made a batch of peanut butter one time, I was kinda drunk and dropped a zero on my potency estimate. For some dumb reason I can’t do simple math when I’m drunk lol I ate what I thought was 400 mg and it was actually closer to 4000. Needless to say it was an interesting, rather rough night. The next day was fun tho haha. Some people’s body chemistry just doesn’t mesh with edibles tho. Some can’t get high off of them. There’s an enzyme in your stomach that is actually necessary to get high off it and some people lack that enzyme. Also that enzyme changes the chemistry it changes delta 9 thc into 11 hydroxy thc which is supposed to be way more potent I and I believe it. Edibles are a different ball game. Sorry for the rant lol

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

View attachment 27038

View attachment 27039

View attachment 27041

View attachment 27040

View attachment 27037
@Phylex i like what you are doing with the plugs for clones ( not using the big fat hole they put in there). Are you just pushing it in like that or do you make some kind of hole? I love thinking out of the box.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Yea overdoing it can be a little uncomfortable. I made a batch of peanut butter one time, I was kinda drunk and dropped a zero on my potency estimate. For some dumb reason I can’t do simple math when I’m drunk lol I ate what I thought was 400 mg and it was actually closer to 4000. Needless to say it was an interesting, rather rough night. The next day was fun tho haha. Some people’s body chemistry just doesn’t mesh with edibles tho. Some can’t get high off of them. There’s an enzyme in your stomach that is actually necessary to get high off it and some people lack that enzyme. Also that enzyme changes the chemistry it changes delta 9 thc into 11 hydroxy thc which is supposed to be way more potent I and I believe it. Edibles are a different ball game. Sorry for the rant lol
I have been smoking a long time but i have never tried edibles. I would like to try them but like @Phylex i am terrified of getting so high i can't function. My little brother used to smoke the spice synthetic thc what ever you want to call it. The first time i tried it was not bad in fact not sure i would be able to tell the difference from the real thing. The next time was a whole nother story. That shit set my ass down in a chair for it seemed like a half hour or more and i was sweating very uncomfortable feeling.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
If I accidentally took 4000mg I’d probably still be curled up in a ball, in the corner of a room sucking my thumb. Lol.

I’m definitely digging the science behind it. Thanks for that, and I concur. For me it’s a totally different beast and personally, edibles are not my cup of tea.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
@Phylex i like what you are doing with the plugs for clones ( not using the big fat hole they put in there). Are you just pushing it in like that or do you make some kind of hole? I love thinking out of the box.
I have to use the scissor tips to cut into them. I just impale them about 1/3 of the way in and micro snip a couple of times. Then I apply a little pressure with my thumb to separate it a bit and slide them in.

I always take my cuttings from the lowest sites. On average they’re only about 3.5-4” long. (Sometimes even smaller) Most of the time the stems aren’t strong enough to be pushed directly through the plug.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I have been smoking a long time but i have never tried edibles. I would like to try them but like @Phylex i am terrified of getting so high i can't function. My little brother used to smoke the spice synthetic thc what ever you want to call it. The first time i tried it was not bad in fact not sure i would be able to tell the difference from the real thing. The next time was a whole nother story. That shit set my ass down in a chair for it seemed like a half hour or more and i was sweating very uncomfortable feeling.
Even taking the entire high out of the equation all together, edibles still probably wouldn’t be my thing. I grew up smoking weed. So if I was trying to get lifted, eating (edible) would ruin the nostalgia of the experience and I’d feel like something was still missing from the session. I’d just prefer to smoke it.

Even now, I’m a pretty lame toker. I might dabble once or twice a week. And when I do, it’s only one hit because even after just one hit, I can’t function for an hour or two. Lol.

I’ve been so used to being sober for the last couple of decades, my tolerance is absurdly low.

I absolutely love growing more than any other aspect around it. I’d continue to grow even if I didn’t smoke.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
If I accidentally took 4000mg I’d probably still be curled up in a ball, in the corner of a room sucking my thumb. Lol.

I’m definitely digging the science behind it. Thanks for that, and I concur. For me it’s a totally different beast and personally, edibles are not my cup of tea.
Yea shit was crazy I was high for 2solid days and not just high, like non functioning high lol. I kicked everyone out of my house and was hiding under blankets like a child. I had to keep reminding myself that you can’t die from weed lol. I was growing mushrooms too at the time and I was growing weed in an illegal state I was super paranoid the feds were after me and shit. I showed up to work the next day and immediately got sent home. My boss was my homie tho so I didn’t get fired haha.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Even taking the entire high out of the equation all together, edibles still probably wouldn’t be my thing. I grew up smoking weed. So if I was trying to get lifted, eating (edible) would ruin the nostalgia of the experience and I’d feel like something was still missing from the session. I’d just prefer to smoke it.

Even now, I’m a pretty lame toker. I might dabble once or twice a week. And when I do, it’s only one hit because even after just one hit, I can’t function for an hour or two. Lol.

I’ve been so used to being sober for the last couple of decades, my tolerance is absurdly low.

I absolutely love growing more than any other aspect around it. I’d continue to grow even if I didn’t smoke.
Damn that’s nuts I couldn’t imagine. I easily smoke an oz or 2 a week, not including hash and rosin. I eat edibles a lot too just to stay ripped all day lol. My tolerance is insanely high. I should take a tolerance break but no fuck that hahaha

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Yea shit was crazy I was high for 2solid days and not just high, like non functioning high lol. I kicked everyone out of my house and was hiding under blankets like a child. I had to keep reminding myself that you can’t die from weed lol. I was growing mushrooms too at the time and I was growing weed in an illegal state I was super paranoid the feds were after me and shit. I showed up to work the next day and immediately got sent home. My boss was my homie tho so I didn’t get fired haha.
Exactly. That does not sound fun to me. Lol.