West Coast Chronicles

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
The jewelers loop I use to check the trichomes has a 30x and 60x magnification. The 30x is already small and hard enough to deal with, but the 60x is even worse.
IMG_E2007.JPG

So I went searching and looked for something that could be easier to use. I found this much larger 35x with a 50x lens attachment. It took about three weeks, but it finally arrived.
IMG_E2009.JPG

The 50x attachment is a full piece lens. I can't wait to try it out on Sunday at my parents house. This should make inspecting the plants so much easier on the eyes. Here's a side by side comparison of the viewing lenses.
IMG_E2010.JPG

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I think we’re flip flopping results in the bean lottery. I’m getting some more plants showing female in late veg and I was hoping for some males to look at. (Even though I know there’s going to be some males in there.)

Did you only pop one, or do you have any others running?
No, I had only popped one due to space limitations, because I couldn't afford more than 1 female and I hate to kill them lol... that's just the downfall of regs. oh well, I'll just pop another

dankgator70

Super Active Member

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
View attachment CominFromTheWestside_.mp4

Charged on up to see @Phylex for the test subjects of the latest harvest.

20191027_104809.jpg
Grab Your Balls
It's Harvest Time

We're absolutely blown away by the generosity and opportunity to test these damn fine specimens from the original round of test subjects. 21 Half-Pint Ball jars each labeled with the strains and particular plant numbers. Super clean and great attention to detail. We have quite a bit of work to do.

Strains

- Black Abyss
(Blackjack x 9 Pound Hammer) (BA1 #2, 3, 4) (BA2 #1, 3)
- Blunt Force Trauma (BCK Phylex Cut x 9 Pound Hammer) (BFT #1, 3, 4, 5)
- Citrol Sledgehammer (Tangie x 9 Pound Hammer) (CS #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Ground Pounder (Gelat.OG x 9 Pound Hammer) (GP #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Each strain and plant/phenotype # will be tested thoroughly using 2 x 0.75-1g joints (RAW brand 1.25's) with non filter tips. This provides a new testing vehicle each time and allows for clean sampling of an often overlooked but very telling technique, the dry hit. Reporting format will be as seen in previous reviews in this thread. In the spirit of continuous improvement, they are subject to changes or updates at any time. All feedback is welcomed. The primary goal is to provide honest feedback and insight in a useful and relatable manner, helping one another strive to achieve our goals in the craft that we all love.

To kick this off, we have randomly selected one strain out of the 21 listed above:
20191027_110302~2.jpg
The person that quotes this message and correctly guesses this strain with plant/pheno # will win a Limited Edition "Grab Your Balls It's Harvest Time" T-Shirt with the GK Genetics logo on the sleeve (choice of size, available in white only) [@Phylex not eligible to participate 😄].
Deadline to enter: 1 week from today, 11/3/19 @ 23:59 PST. 1 entry per person. Tiebreakers, if necessary, TBD.

Have fun folks. Reports will be released in no particular order over the upcoming weeks. Hope you enjoy :)

Last edited:

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I finished sterilizing the flower tent and cleaning it out. I moved the new test group #2 out of veg and they'll begin flower tonight.

IMG_E2014.JPG

IMG_E2015.JPG

IMG_E2016.JPG

GP3 that I decided to try and re-veg on harvest day is finally getting some new growth.
IMG_E2018.JPG

I built this @macsnax seed cleaner that I saw in his youtube video. It works very nicely and helps shave some time when shucking seeds. It's a great addition. Thank you for sharing! A big thanks to @spyralout and his GF as well for the logos. I found a good place for one already. (A little crooked. I got a little too close and it grabbed ahold before I could adjust it. But I love it!)

IMG_2020.JPG

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
The jewelers loop I use to check the trichomes has a 30x and 60x magnification. The 30x is already small and hard enough to deal with, but the 60x is even worse.
View attachment 27213

So I went searching and looked for something that could be easier to use. I found this much larger 35x with a 50x lens attachment. It took about three weeks, but it finally arrived.
View attachment 27215

The 50x attachment is a full piece lens. I can't wait to try it out on Sunday at my parents house. This should make inspecting the plants so much easier on the eyes. Here's a side by side comparison of the viewing lenses.
View attachment 27216
That could be so useful. The shaky hand syndrome with the usb microscope is ok move it just a bit to the left, no wait it's supposed to be opposite, ok wait, what it went up, that's not down, GAHHHHHHHHHHHH
😖😫🤬

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
View attachment 27359

View attachment 27360
Grab Your Balls
It's Harvest Time

We're absolutely blown away by the generosity and opportunity to test these damn fine specimens from the original round of test subjects. 21 Half-Pint Ball jars each labeled with the strains and particular plant numbers. Super clean and great attention to detail. We have quite a bit of work to do.

Strains

- Black Abyss

Each strain and plant/phenotype # will be tested thoroughly using 2 x 0.75-1g joints (RAW brand 1.25's) with non filter tips. This provides a new testing vehicle each time and allows for clean sampling of an often overlooked but very telling technique, the dry hit. Reporting format will be as seen in previous reviews in this thread. In the spirit of continuous improvement, they are subject to changed or updated at any time. All feedback is welcomed. The primary goal is to provide honest feedback and insight in a useful and relatable manner, helping one another strive to achieve our goals in the craft that we all love.

To kick this off, we have randomly selected one strain out of the 21 listed above:
View attachment 27365
The person that quotes this message and correctly guesses this strain with plant/pheno # will win a Limited Edition "Grab Your Balls It's Harvest Time" T-Shirt with the GK Genetics logo on the sleeve (choice of size, available in white only) [@Phylex not eligible to participate 😄].
Deadline to enter: 1 week from today, 11/3/19 @ 23:59 PST. 1 entry per person. Tiebreakers, if necessary, TBD.

Have fun folks. Reports will be released in no particular order over the upcoming weeks. Hope you enjoy :)
It was great seeing you both again. Thank you for everything and helping to test this last run. The smoke reports you both put together are top notched.

I'm digging the contest. I love guessing games. lol. That's awesome man. (y) 🔥

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
It was great seeing you both again. Thank you for everything and helping to test this last run. The smoke reports you both put together are top notched.

I'm digging the contest. I love guessing games. lol. That's awesome man. (y) 🔥
It's absolutely our pleasure. I'm sure we'll see you again soon ;)

I should point out that the chosen nug above is not necessarily the first one we're going to test (or have tested :whistle:).

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
View attachment 27359

View attachment 27360
Grab Your Balls
It's Harvest Time

Strains

- Black Abyss

Each strain and plant/phenotype # will be tested thoroughly using 2 x 0.75-1g joints (RAW brand 1.25's) with non filter tips. This provides a new testing vehicle each time and allows for clean sampling of an often overlooked but very telling technique, the dry hit. Reporting format will be as seen in previous reviews in this thread. In the spirit of continuous improvement, they are subject to changes or updates at any time. All feedback is welcomed. The primary goal is to provide honest feedback and insight in a useful and relatable manner, helping one another strive to achieve our goals in the craft that we all love.

View attachment 27365

BFT pheno #5 IS MY GUESS . Feel My Pimp hand .

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
View attachment 27359

View attachment 27360
Grab Your Balls
It's Harvest Time

Strains

- Black Abyss

View attachment 27365

My guess is ground pounder #4