West Coast Chronicles

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Update: Test Group #2

Without checking the calendar, they should be right around day 8 or 9. Here's the line up. (In bold are my latest chucks of this group)
-Pandemic (GelatOG x Hyper Alien)
-Hyper Kush (BCK x Hyper Blueberry Blast)
-Celestial Ghost (Ghost Train Haze #1 x Hyper Alien)
-Astro Black (Blackjack x Hyper Alien)
-9lb. Blueberry (Hyper Blueberry Blast x 9lb. Hammer)
-Galactic Funk (Tangle x Hyper Alien)
-X Files (BCK x Hyper Alien)
-Cosmosis (9lb. Hammer x Hyper Alien)
-God O War (Ghost Train Haze #1 x 9lb. Hammer)
-Hyper Train (Ghost Train Haze #1 x Hyper Blueberry Blast)
-Space Invasion (Hyper Blueberry Blast x Hyper Alien)

-Hyper Dragonberry from Reno Genetics
-Moontang Mystery from a friend
-Terpenado Mystery from a friend
-Black Widow from Mr. Nice
- (Family Vault Purple x Hyper Glue) from Reno Genetics

I don't think I missed anyone.

Far middle left is one of mine. It struggled to shed the shell so I helped it along. Then I thought I killed it twice when both times it was laying across the top of the soil from lack of water. Each time it perked back up, so I'm giving it a fighting chance.
View attachment 22974

View attachment 22975

View attachment 22976

Front left solo cup is the sole survivor of the (Family Vault Purple x Hyper Glue). She's been struggling the entire time my I'm doing my best to help her out. Behind her is the impromptu planting of the Black Widow. It replaced one of the FVP that couldn't break ground. And behind the Black Widow is another sole survivor of the Hyper Dragonberry.
View attachment 22977

View attachment 22978

The little mutant up front is that crazy Moontang Mystery. And the bigger girl is the last of my BCK. I took her out of flower to be re-vegged for clones. She was in flower for less than a week. I topped her about a week ago and will be taking some clones in the coming weeks.
View attachment 22979
Whats the chance of a guy getting some of that God O War ? I have a 9LB Hammer X I just chucked

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Haha, if ones a good boy he may just get to pop his rocks off with someone. But yes, some girlies would be preferred at the moment.
I hear ya. I may not be so quick to kill the males in the next test group. I’m thinking maybe I should isolate them and let them do their thing so I can see how they’re looking. If I think there’s something there, collecting pollen for future use wouldn’t be a bad thing at all. I have plenty of empty vials in the storage case. And after finally getting a good feel of what dominant traits my 9lb. hammer male is passing along to it’s progeny, I’m really wishing I kept the cut. I’m down to my last two vials in the freezer. It was a good lesson learned. I felt like I had to kill everything after the last run or else I wouldn’t move forward. I just kept cloning and running everything repeatedly. At least @spyralout convinced me to keep BCK. I pulled the last one out of early flower and re-vegged her for more clones. I really thought I had to stop growing for a few months too due to time constraints. But here we are and the lights are still on.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I did attempt to reverse one of the BCK’s with GA3. But that was either a complete fail, or I didn’t give it long enough in flower due to inexperience. I gave up on it about two or three weeks in because it still looked like a female. I’m planning to try STS next with one of the future clones.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Do whatever you can to save that BCK. Checked just about all the boxes in my opinion. Smell, smoke, and taste tested, oldskool certified, stoner approved.
Only a matter of time before I get into the mad scientist lab to fiddle around. It's been a long time coming but once I do I may hit you up on that STS (I may try CS).

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I’m not trying to wish any bad juju, but I’m guessing SI#1 and SI#3 are males. Hopefully I’m wrong and they’re all females. I’m only guessing this because from my experience, the biggest, quickest plants typically turn out to be males for me. Like SI#1. And SI#3 just gives me that vibe like it could be a male from its present structure. But who knows. You’ll be the first “in the entire world” to see them and try them. Lol. As futile as that may seem to most, I think that’s pretty cool. 😎 I’m curious to see if I’m right about the hunch guessing. Gotta love guessing games.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I’m not trying to wish any bad juju, but I’m guessing SI#1 and SI#3 are males. Hopefully I’m wrong and they’re all females. I’m only guessing this because from my experience, the biggest, quickest plants typically turn out to be males for me. Like SI#1. And SI#3 just gives me that vibe like it could be a male from its present structure. But who knows. You’ll be the first “in the entire world” to see them and try them. Lol. As futile as that may seem to most, I think that’s pretty cool. 😎 I’m curious to see if I’m right about the hunch guessing. Gotta love guessing games.
Interesting thanks for the insight. Our first known reg beans other than random mystery beans from over 10 years ago when we weren't truly growing yet. I want to find signs of sex before flower.
SI #1 is one of the smaller ones in the tote. Compared to BA #3 it's a runt. I'll have a closer look after work.
There were a couple of seeds that looked "sorta volcano" - not completely closed off and pointy, but had that navel like an orange where it gets picked. If I need to fill a couple spots due to males I will plop in a couple clones from the last run to keep height somewhat consistent. At this point any new bean popping will need to be in new systems.
First in the world - I need to tread lightly here lol 😄

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Interesting thanks for the insight. Our first known reg beans other than random mystery beans from over 10 years ago when we weren't truly growing yet. I want to find signs of sex before flower.
SI #1 is one of the smaller ones in the tote. Compared to BA #3 it's a runt. I'll have a closer look after work.
There were a couple of seeds that looked "sorta volcano" - not completely closed off and pointy, but had that navel like an orange where it gets picked. If I need to fill a couple spots due to males I will plop in a couple clones from the last run to keep height somewhat consistent. At this point any new bean popping will need to be in new systems.
First in the world - I need to tread lightly here lol 😄
Take what i say with a grain of salt. I’m only guessing here to make it fun. Maybe I’m confused from the pic, and “reverse view.” If looking at the pic, I’m talking about the lower right two.

Last edited:

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Any of beans of the P5 available ?
The seeds will be available after testing. I believe you’re referring to Ground Pounder. They’re F1’s so they’ll have variations for growers to look through and find which ones they like. For instance I popped 6 seeds of the Ground Pounder to test. Pictured are all six from that pack; labeled as P1, P2, etc. to show the variations in phenotypical expressions I’m finding.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Take what i day with a grain of salt. I’m only guessing here to make it fun. Maybe I’m confused from the pic, and “reverse view.” If looking at the pic, I’m talking about the lower right two.
Sorry for the confusion. Those are BA #1 and #3. The grid was originally flipped where BA started from the left. That was when I was able to take pics from the other side of the tote. I can't for the time being so I am taking pics from the opposite side, making BA appear on the right.
This will probably happen again once we flip (soon).

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
🍊⚒ (in orange)are doing well enough under my abuse and negligence. Nah just kidding. I just hate soil. Can't wait to take clones off them for hydro. Cinderella is stinking already like what I can only describe as gasoline. A fuel smell to her that I'm loving. Her and the Jabba's Miracles are the only ones smelling so damn good so damn early. I also topped Cinderella, Belle and Pocahontas.youdoodle-2019-09-26T15-58-54Z.jpg
My favorite however continues to be Aurora. With deep serrations, uniformity and just the right height not squat nor stretching staying nicely somewhere in the middle.
IMG_20190926_154726.jpgIMG_20190926_154749.jpg
Getting ready to bondage my girls then most likely flip them all.
12489203_1646608288940251_6859342010169655144_o.jpg

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Day 15

20190926_191846.jpg

Tote1_Reverse_View.JPG
BA = Black Abyss
SI = Space Invasion
20190926_191936.jpg

20190926_191856.jpg
Tote2_Reverse_View.JPG
SI = Space Invasion
GW = God-O-War
20190926_191953.jpg

A quick check didn't reveal any male parts. Then again it may be too early and we have been somewhat lucky so far to have run almost all female plants, so our experience on sexing plants is limited. These need to be moved to flower soon, probably this weekend.
Full disclosure, for complete transparency - we have some tiny tiny (smaller than fungus gnat) white flying bugs (whiteflies?) on the plants. They just appeared two days ago. The fan won't disturb them. Garage side door is open for ventilation because we're still hitting upper 90s here, so outside air is getting in. They're not super abundant, but annoying nonetheless. May need to hit em with a foliar spray, maybe Plant Therapy. Got some sticky traps and hung them close to the canopy. While adjusting the height on one (because the plants grew a couple of inches taller overnight), one of the traps fell on the Black Abyss. So a few leaves are ripped off 😭 This happened after the pics lol. So part of a sticky trap is now green instead of yellow. Need to put up more sticky traps despite this. I actually watched an itty bitty one fly into the trap, get stuck, flap its wings, and fly off 🤬

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
🍊⚒ (in orange)are doing well enough under my abuse and negligence. Nah just kidding. I just hate soil. Can't wait to take clones off them for hydro. Cinderella is stinking already like what I can only describe as gasoline. A fuel smell to her that I'm loving. Her and the Jabba's Miracles are the only ones smelling so damn good so damn early. I also topped Cinderella, Belle and Pocahontas.View attachment 23484
My favorite however continues to be Aurora. With deep serrations, uniformity and just the right height not squat nor stretching staying nicely somewhere in the middle.
View attachment 23486View attachment 23485
Getting ready to bondage my girls then most likely flip them all.
View attachment 23487
I'm happy to see they're cruising right along for ya. I'm digging the Disney names you gave them too.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Day 15

View attachment 23518

View attachment 23519
BA = Black Abyss
SI = Space Invasion
View attachment 23520

View attachment 23521
View attachment 23522
SI = Space Invasion
GW = God-O-War
View attachment 23523

A quick check didn't reveal any male parts. Then again it may be too early and we have been somewhat lucky so far to have run almost all female plants, so our experience on sexing plants is limited. These need to be moved to flower soon, probably this weekend.
Full disclosure, for complete transparency - we have some tiny tiny (smaller than fungus gnat) white flying bugs (whiteflies?) on the plants. They just appeared two days ago. The fan won't disturb them. Garage side door is open for ventilation because we're still hitting upper 90s here, so outside air is getting in. They're not super abundant, but annoying nonetheless. May need to hit em with a foliar spray, maybe Plant Therapy. Got some sticky traps and hung them close to the canopy. While adjusting the height on one (because the plants grew a couple of inches taller overnight), one of the traps fell on the Black Abyss. So a few leaves are ripped off 😭 This happened after the pics lol. So part of a sticky trap is now green instead of yellow. Need to put up more sticky traps despite this. I actually watched an itty bitty one fly into the trap, get stuck, flap its wings, and fly off 🤬
Watching the growth almost in real time from my soil vs. your F&D just isn't fair. lol. You really make me want to convert immediately. The growth speed looks insane compared to what I'm used to in soil. I'm so use to just cruising along through a grow. But you're riding a bullet train. They're looking killer.

It's kind of funny how the little white fly laughed at your trap and flew away. That would drive me nuts. I'd be planning a mass genocide since he didn't want to play nice. lol

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Watching the growth almost in real time from my soil vs. your F&D just isn't fair. lol. You really make me want to convert immediately. The growth speed looks insane compared to what I'm used to in soil. I'm so use to just cruising along through a grow. But you're riding a bullet train. They're looking killer.

It's kind of funny how the little white fly laughed at your trap and flew away. That would drive me nuts. I'd be planning a mass genocide since he didn't want to play nice. lol
Thanks man! Remember part of this is because of your genetics. What I've noticed in the past few months is that the random dank bagseeds that we've ran, whether in DWC, coco, or soil have mainly been less vigorous and slower to grow. I have a couple of solo cup back up entries in DWC that barely stopped stretching (longest stretch time ever, 12/12 since 7/26 lol). It's strange cuz they're getting a dedicated 600w hps but that's all going to change soon. Damn things really messed up my timeline.
Yours have been a breeze to grow so far. Not finicky. Pretty uniform height and size. And get this - I haven't touched the water in a week and the res is clean. Only thing is a bit if algae in the tray where the roots swim because the light hits that part but Red said he never has issues with that bit of algae. I could leave the totes for at least a week unattended if need be. But I check on em every day cuz I love plants :)

Texagonian

Outlaw
Thanks man! Remember part of this is because of your genetics. What I've noticed in the past few months is that the random dank bagseeds that we've ran, whether in DWC, coco, or soil have mainly been less vigorous and slower to grow. I have a couple of solo cup back up entries in DWC that barely stopped stretching (longest stretch time ever, 12/12 since 7/26 lol). It's strange cuz they're getting a dedicated 600w hps but that's all going to change soon. Damn things really messed up my timeline.
Yours have been a breeze to grow so far. Not finicky. Pretty uniform height and size. And get this - I haven't touched the water in a week and the res is clean. Only thing is a bit if algae in the tray where the roots swim because the light hits that part but Red said he never has issues with that bit of algae. I could leave the totes for at least a week unattended if need be. But I check on em every day cuz I love plants :)
Get some flying skull z7 enzymes or hygrozyme and that algae will be gone. It also helps break down old roots and feeds them back to the plants. It also works in conjunction with the Bennie Tea. I love the f&d system. Fast, super easy, cheap! I had a timer issue so bought a new one and a replacement for standby and another pump just in case but all in all no issues and smooth. I’m impatiently waiting for my current plants to be done so I can clean and get my phylex beans rocking and rolling!

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Get some flying skull z1 enzymes or hygrozyme and that algae will be gone. It also helps break down old roots and feeds them back to the plants. It also works in conjunction with the Bennie Tea. I love the f&d system. Fast, super easy, cheap! I had a timer issue so bought a new one and a replacement for standby and another pump just in case but all in all no issues and smooth. I’m impatiently waiting for my current plants to be done so I can clean and get my phylex beans rocking and rolling!
Thanks Tex I will definitely look into that. So it won't kill bennies?
And what's up with timers lately? I've had two fail, and saw some others have failures too. Funny, the harbor freight one has held up longer than a Century lol. They're all the same design too.