West Coast Chronicles

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
You’re killin’ it P. That GP5 is gonna have some serious bag appeal. What’s the nose like on her?
Thanks @Old ST1R from what I recall, while GP5 is more of a GelatOG leaner, she had a nice blended aroma leaning more toward the dominant sweet candied grape that was passed along from the 9lb Hammer male. We’ll have to see, myself included, what the verdict is once @spyralout and his girl get their nose on them for the final testing. It’ll be interesting to see what’s retained or brought forward after being dried and cured. With so many pheno’s smelling of the sweet, candied grape to varying degrees, I’m overly anxious to see how that aroma matures across the board in the final testing phase. There’s one pheno that’s unique from the rest. While it has that distinct sweet grape, there’s a very notable ground black pepper note that’s heavily apparent.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Gonna soak some of my gifted @Phylex beans this weekend and get ready for the next grow which is dedicated to phylex and his outstanding work. I hope I can do them justice because what I’m seeing burns my eyes with such fire. This is gonna be great fun!
Thank you for the kind words 👍 I look forward to watching you rock them out. I hope you find something in there you really like. I’m pretty stoked about these and can’t wait for the “official” smoke reports. Most of them are getting real close.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Thank you for the kind words 👍 I look forward to watching you rock them out. I hope you find something in there you really like. I’m pretty stoked about these and can’t wait for the “official” smoke reports. Most of them are getting real close.
Yes, I’m also looking forward to what I find in them. Apologies for being the laggard of the test group. Things are dialed in as good as they’ve ever been in my grow area so I feel confident things will be excellent! Now for some ratios like you’ve had with the females to put the icing on the bck Phylex cut!😂🍻✌🏻

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Yes, I’m also looking forward to what I find in them. Apologies for being the laggard of the test group. Things are dialed in as good as they’ve ever been in my grow area so I feel confident things will be excellent! Now for some ratios like you’ve had with the females to put the icing on the bck Phylex cut!😂🍻✌🏻
No apologies necessary brother. I really appreciate you finding time to run them with all of the great things folks are putting out around here. It’s so hard for me to call anymore once I put eyes on them and it’s no longer just anticipation. When I look into the tent now, it seriously looks like 31 flavors with all of the different strains and pheno’s from each strain. It looks so delicious the wait is almost torturous for me at this point. Lol.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
That looks like some frosty goodness. Got about a week and it’s on and poppin!
Thank you. It’s definitely looking nice and tasty. I just pulled four or five more out for a couple of days of darkness. I’m giving all of the others some more time but they definitely want their pictures taken too. There’s some great coloring taking place as well. Some frosty girls are inbound.

Texagonian

Outlaw
There's some great coloring going on throughout the testers. I had too much to do today, so I only snapped photos of this one. This one is Black Abyss. I don't recall which # off the top of my head.
View attachment 24502

View attachment 24503

View attachment 24504

View attachment 24505

View attachment 24506

View attachment 24507
That is a beautiful plant! Really nice @Phylex ! The color, frost and structure is excellent. I’m getting antsy again. I try not to rush when I’m growing but this doesn’t help😂🍻

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Two boys it is. 👬👬👬
Citrol Sledgehammer 2 for 2 in the boy department.
So, @Phylex you must've kept the girls for yourself. 😂😂😂😂
Which if given the choice would you keep for chucking with?
They both smell very much the same on stem rub. Sort of a rotten prune shit citrus like smell.
View attachment 24531View attachment 24532View attachment 24533View attachment 24534View attachment 24535
View attachment 24536
I'm leaning to the one on the right based on growth characteristics. Shorter and bushier.
Wow they're both beautiful looking plants. Interesting how the green hue is distinctly different between the two. More nitrogen on the left? I would choose the one on the right because I like the finer tooth leaf veins. Both consistent 9 bladers all over, very nice (y)

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Two boys it is. 👬👬👬
Citrol Sledgehammer 2 for 2 in the boy department.
So, @Phylex you must've kept the girls for yourself. 😂😂😂😂
Which if given the choice would you keep for chucking with?
They both smell very much the same on stem rub. Sort of a rotten prune shit citrus like smell.
View attachment 24531View attachment 24532View attachment 24533View attachment 24534View attachment 24535
View attachment 24536
I'm leaning to the one on the right based on growth characteristics. Shorter and bushier.
My bad. I know, “it ain’t no fun if the growmies can’t have none.” 😉 It’s a shame they’re both boys. They’re looking good.

As far as picking one; it would just depend on what I was looking for. Whether trying to tame some wild ones, or create some space. If those were mine and I wanted to choose one, I’d continue to grow them out and monitor how the males continue to develop. I’d be looking for other desirable characteristics that may present themselves. Such as a change in nose, coloring, pollen sack size, sack production, trichome development, etc. I’d also track and compare their finishing times. After taking it all in, then I’d choose the clear cut winner. Or pop more if I wasn’t satisfied with the results.

I popped six of each expecting only three. I didn’t expect all 6 Citrol Sledgehammers and all 6 Ground Pounders to be female. But for what it’s worth, my luck wasn’t nearly as good with the Black Abyss.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
See if you can find the 🍊sledges...😂😅🤣IMG_20191004_152411.jpg
Aurora still my favorite. IMG_20191004_152442.jpg
Sort of a rotten prune shit citrus like smell.
Shorter and bushier.
Thats the smell I couldn't figure out, prunes. You're old ass wouldve caught that quick. I was describing it as a citrus death smell lol. Really enjoy it tho. Sorry to hear about your boys. Mine are going into the flower tent Sunday. Was gonna let them veg a lil longer but time restraints have been put in place.

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Begin Week 2 of Flower (it's getting crowded in there so pics will be a bit limited)
20191005_072605.jpg

Tote 1.JPG
BA = Black Abyss
SI = Space Invasion

20191005_072642.jpg
Tote 2.JPG
SI = Space Invasion
GW = God-O-War

20191005_074617.jpg
Height of plants is now about 1-1/2x the tote size (14" height), so almost 2' tall. Directly under 600w HPS, with CMH bare bulb right next to them. Expecting the big stretch is yet to come.

20191004_065612[1].jpg
Still don't have a definitive answer on plant sex yet.

20191004_065501[1].jpg
SI #3 curved base. Hearty especially for only 2 week veg in 5.5" square pots 💪