West Coast Chronicles

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
GelatOG 1567561062041.png1567561079406.png

- Appearance –
Well cured. Almost perfect texture. Has that give when you squeeze and bounces right back. Purple / lavender hues, more pronounced when you break open a nug. 9/10
- Bouquet –
Being a descendant of Sunset Sherbet x Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies, then crossed with OG Kush, I was expecting a classic “Cookie strain” flavor (that I still haven't been able to describe properly) mixed with some earthy pine and maybe fuel. Surprisingly, we got neither. Smelled like the little rolled Smarties candies. A bit more than subtle, but not overly loud. 7.4/10
- Dry Hit (Joint) –
Grape Popsicle. Not the cheap Otter Pops. The Popsicle brand. Or, if one of those fancy fizzy drink companies made a “healthy” version of Crush Grape Soda. Not Shasta. 8/10
- Smoke –
Very smooooooth texture. Like Coldstone Creamery Sweet Cream (no vanilla flavoring, just straight up white ice cream). Cold Stone Creamery itself smells kinda like it when you walk in. This is a smoke where you can do the blowfish puffing and play with the smoke without it getting irritating. 8.2/10 (more for the pleasure of the smoke itself as opposed to just the flavor)
- Effect – It was bedtime and this strain fit that bill. Not a very social smoke, but it also could've been due to a long day. Although I will say that a good Sour Diesel could pull off a second wind. Good night strain. Overall a pretty good smoke. 7.8/10
Overall Rating (based on average of scores) – 8.1/10

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Blackjack #2

- Appearance – Chunky. Not dry, but not squishy either. A little dry when ground, but very fluffy. Easy to roll. 6.9/10
- Bouquet –
Definite Jack Herer influence (like #1). Also smells like fresh citrus vinyl flooring on the backend. 7.9/10
- Dry Hit (Joint) –
GUAVA. Like the actual tree fruit, not the Kern's nectar kind. A bit of a numbing sensation. A tad bit of anise / black licorice on the backend. This one is not spicy like all of the other Blackjack that we've tried (interesting pheno). 8.8/10
- Smoke -
Another soft smoke. Not quite as “smooooooth” as GelatOG but it definitely invokes blowfish puffing because of the pillow like sensation during multi-tokes. 8.4/10
- Effect –
Social and talkative, but not Chatty Cathy. Like on a ride in the countryside, talk about things like, “Hey did you see that coyote? Yea that was cool. Remember that time when...” but not jibber-jabber about anything and everything like with some strains. Took a little extra time to play with the dog and cat (more so than usual). All of this after a long day. 9.1/10

Overall Rating (based on average of scores) – 8.2/10

Last edited:

Texagonian

Outlaw
Blackjack #2

- Appearance – Chunky. Not dry, but not squishy either. A little dry when ground, but very fluffy. Easy to roll. 6.9/10
- Bouquet –
Definite Jack Herer influence (like #1). Also smells like fresh citrus vinyl flooring on the backend. 7.9/10
- Dry Hit (Joint) –
GUAVA. Like the actual tree fruit, not the Kern's nectar kind. A bit of a numbing sensation. A tad bit of anise / black licorice on the backend. This one is not spicy like all of the other Blackjack that we've tried (interesting pheno). 8.8/10
- Smoke -
Another soft smoke. Not quite as “smooooooth” as GelatOG but it definitely invokes blowfish puffing because of the pillow like sensation during multi-tokes. 8.4/10
- Effect –
Social and talkative, but not Chatty Cathy. Like on a ride in the countryside, talk about things like, “Hey did you see that coyote? Yea that was cool. Remember that time when...” but not jibber-jabber about anything and everything like with some strains. Took a little extra time to play with the dog and cat (more so than usual). All of this after a long day. 9.1/10

Great write ups and reviews! Very informative and to the point! I know who I’m hollerin at when the time comes to test my stuff 👏🏻👏🏻👍🏻

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Great write ups and reviews! Very informative and to the point! I know who I’m hollerin at when the time comes to test my stuff 👏🏻👏🏻👍🏻
Thank you Tex that's very kind of you to say. Sometimes finding a balance between vague and overly wordy can be difficult. I want to capture as much as I can with the experience in the senses while trying to be concise and not boring.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Thank you Tex that's very kind of you to say. Sometimes finding a balance between vague and overly wordy can be difficult. I want to capture as much as I can with the experience in the senses while trying to be concise and not boring.
You’ve nailed it and are very welcome. It’s like a @Schwaggy P plant genetics/ grow write up but about the best part of the growing experience and that’s blazing it and taking it all in. Most excellent!

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
You’ve nailed it and are very welcome. It’s like a @Schwaggy P plant genetics/ grow write up but about the best part of the growing experience and that’s blazing it and taking it all in. Most excellent!
😳 the Genius God of Grow
☺😊 You're making me blush man lol that's a tall order. Thank you, sincerely. I got a looooonng ways to go before that. I'm truly flattered and humbled by your sentiment (y)
Gonna hit that BCK rn straight 🔥

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Amazing writes ups @spyralout thank you 1000x over. I really appreciate the honesty as well. I find that to be the most valuable and appreciate it the most. Sometimes I can be overly critical and certainly don't posses the skills you do in pulling out the smells and taste. I would trust your opinions over mine. But it's fun to see which ones I'm close to. For instance, the smell of Blackjack always seemed like a creamy, candy sweet tart to me. And I thought the GelatOG in the jar smelled like a chocolate grape after curing. And while I would have been a little harder on the GelatOG's overall high, everything has a purpose. I valued the coloring the most in the GelatOG and really wanted to carry that over. I figured the 9lb. Hammer pairing would assist with the lacking high and the two had some really good potential to make some amazing progeny.

The same goes with the Blackjack. I knew the high, while not bad at all, also wasn't going to knock you down. But I loved that smell, it had very good vigor, and very strong branching. Not to mention it was a heavy yielder. And again, I wanted to bring some punch by adding 9lb. Hammer into the mix. I think it's going to compliment that first round of seeds beautifully. It should produce a very nice hybrid.

Speaking of grape, @Jesselikes2Grow @yougrowyourway since you guys are popping CS, I was shocked today by a CS. While popping my head in to water a few plants, a CS was right in front of my nose and smelled just like grapes. It was very distinct. I don't know how, or why this happened, but there's a grape pheno. Tangie didn't have a grape smell, nor did I get that from the 9lb. Hammer. It will be interesting to see if that's passed on to others as a trait from the 9lb. Hammer male used. I certainly wasn't expecting grape from it that's for sure.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Thank you Phylex for hooking up this amazing opportunity to test your creations; from product of parents to seeds of their offspring. Here's to finding the next BCK (or better! ;)) it really is what what you say it is 🔥 I am truly humbled by your kindness and generosity...and the passion for this wonderful plant.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Blackjack #2

- Bouquet –
- Dry Hit (Joint) –
- Smoke -
- Effect –

This guy is like Ernest Hemingway, and i'm just over here like "durrr, it got me high🤪🤤" lol for real tho man, u got a talent! I love reading your reviews!

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Thats awesome for the grape pheno, so neat experiencing the vastly different expressions these plants throw out. 😉😍☺
Is there anything visibly different in that particular plant vs any of the others? Be it in the leaves, structure, coloring or any such tells on her?
My trip was fast, but I need to get back in there either tonight or tomorrow. So I'll look more closely and report back. My initial thought is not at all. Other than slight height differences, they all look very similar.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Update Day 35

I have to say after spending some time in the tent today watering, I'm very pleased so far with the new crosses. As noted before, Tangie and Blackjack are late bloomers with trichome production. That doesn't seem to be the case with Citrol Sledgehammer and Black Abyss. I'm stoked with the trichome production at this juncture with all four tested strains. Not to mention they smell phenomenal. My nose is either immature, or wrecked, because the predominant smell I'm getting today is grape. Only a couple of the Blunt Force Trauma smell like BCK and Black Abyss seems to smell like Blackjack with what I describe as Creamy Sweet Tart, or @spyralout mangoesque guava 🤷‍♂️. Either way, it smells awesome.

@Jesselikes2Grow I'm not seeing any noticeable differences between any of the phenotypes other than mild differences in height. And they seem to have that same universal grape smell that I'm getting throughout the tent. I'm still finding this anomaly odd, but it still smells wonderful. Maybe it's just my nose.

I can't wait to see these harvested, trimmed, and tested by @spyralout

Sorry for the lack of pics, but here's a few. And don't mind the droopy leaves. I'm inadvertently drought testing due to lack of time. Just about every single time I can truly water, the leaves on all of the plants are touching their toes. It's not ideal, but it is what it is. I guess it's better then not growing at all like I had originally planned.

I believe this was one of the CS
IMG_E1117.JPG

I think this was a Black Abyss
IMG_E1118.JPG

Mild Purpling Ground Pounder pheno
IMG_E1119.JPG

The rest of these are taken from the deep purple Ground Pounder pheno
IMG_E1122.JPG

IMG_E1124.JPG

IMG_E1125.JPG

IMG_E1126.JPG

IMG_E1121.JPG

IMG_E1123.JPG

IMG_E1120.JPG

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Update Day 35

I have to say after spending some time in the tent today watering, I'm very pleased so far with the new crosses. As noted before, Tangie and Blackjack are late bloomers with trichome production. That doesn't seem to be the case with Citrol Sledgehammer and Black Abyss. I'm stoked with the trichome production at this juncture with all four tested strains. Not to mention they smell phenomenal. My nose is either immature, or wrecked, because the predominant smell I'm getting today is grape. Only a couple of the Blunt Force Trauma smell like BCK and Black Abyss seems to smell like Blackjack with what I describe as Creamy Sweet Tart, or @spyralout mangoesque guava 🤷‍♂️. Either way, it smells awesome.

@Jesselikes2Grow I'm not seeing any noticeable differences between any of the phenotypes other than mild differences in height. And they seem to have that same universal grape smell that I'm getting throughout the tent. I'm still finding this anomaly odd, but it still smells wonderful. Maybe it's just my nose.

I can't wait to see these harvested, trimmed, and tested by @spyralout

Sorry for the lack of pics, but here's a few. And don't mind the droopy leaves. I'm inadvertently drought testing due to lack of time. Just about every single time I can truly water, the leaves on all of the plants are touching their toes. It's not ideal, but it is what it is. I guess it's better then not growing at all like I had originally planned.

I believe this was one of the CS
View attachment 20825

I think this was a Black Abyss
View attachment 20826

Mild Purpling Ground Pounder pheno
View attachment 20827

The rest of these are taken from the deep purple Ground Pounder pheno
View attachment 20830

View attachment 20832

View attachment 20833

View attachment 20834

View attachment 20829

View attachment 20831

View attachment 20828
Nice mang! I almost sweet tart but I didnt quite get the tart so I put smarties instead. Oh and I can't wait either lol 😂😄
In west coast fashion you inadvertantly had to drought test. Lol

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I popped my head into the tent this morning and we have some more purple arriving. The Blunt Force Trauma that I guessed early on could be a purple pheno is in fact starting to purple. There's actually two.

Purpling Blunt Force Trauma
IMG_E1136.JPG

IMG_E1137.JPG

Here's the second Blunt Force Trauma showing some purple. (A little harder to see)
IMG_E1141.JPG

One of the Black Abyss is turning
IMG_E1143.JPG

This one is either another Black Abyss or possibly a Citrol Sledgehammer
IMG_E1142.JPG

Forgot who this one could be.
IMG_1146.JPG

And here's the known Ground Pounder
IMG_E1145.JPG

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Well I did the unthinkable and made the stupid decision to start more seeds knowing I'm not out of the clear with time, and only prolonging my highly anticipated project search. The culprits soliciting this poor decision are as follows;

(2) of each from the latest chuck to be tested
(4) Family Vault Purple x Purple Hulk x Hyper Glue
(2) Dragonberry x Hyper Glue - this Dragonberry is (Cherry Bomb x Turbo Diesel)
(2) Moontang Mystery - accidental chuck - (Moontang x Terpenado) or (Moontang x (Goji x SSDD))
(2) Terpenado Mystery - accidental chuck - (Terpenado x Terpenado) or (Terpenado x (Goji x SSDD))
(4) Time Capsule mystery seeds from @spyralout

I'm anticipating some germination failures and males to most likely be culled. The problem was once I got into the groove of dropping seeds, I couldn't stop. I just kept pulling more rapid rooter plugs out. lol

On this particular run I plan to use just soil. I hope it will aid in watering frequency since that's been my biggest issue considering my availability of time with the plants.