West Coast Chronicles

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
New: Day 30 update on the test group. This time listing who's who in the zoo.

Ground Pounder P2- This one has the subtle purpling not noticeable in the earlier picture.
Day30GP2.1.JPG

Day30GP2.2.JPG

Ground Pounder P6 - Another subtle purple that wasn't captured in an earlier update.
Day30GP6.JPG

Ground Pounder P5 - Deep purple with lavender up-skirt.
Day30GP5.1.JPG

Day30GP5.2.JPG

Day30GP5.3.JPG

Black Abyss #1 P2Day30BA1.2.JPG

Black Abyss #1 P3
Day30BA1.3.JPG

Black Abyss #1 P4Day30BA1.4.JPG

Black Abyss #2 P3
Day30BA2.3.JPG

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Gorgeous ladies mang. Happy I chose the CS.
Do you have some veg pics of the CS showing their structure differences and such? And or some full plant pics?
I believe the veg pics start on page 15. I'm pretty certain there's some seedling pics prior to those as well. Everything in the test group was only 4.5"-6.5" tall when they were flipped to flower. I didn't notice much in this small sample size as far as structural differences. Everything has remained pretty uniform. I also didn't veg for very long either, nor did I apply any training techniques. A longer, more mature veg cycle, could possibly produce different results. I'd also expect them to handle training exceptionally well like their parents and really bush out.

You generous men are helping me test too. I'm waiting on all of your grows, so we can see if there's any variations and what those differences are.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Ghost Train Haze 👻🚂🌫
- Appearance -
compact nugs. A bit dry but when cracked open, a direct sniff showed that it retained its bouquet wonderfully. 7/10
- Bouquet -
a strangely captivating and compulsive aroma. Sweet lemon pledge and easy off oven cleaner but much less "synthetic" so to speak. I found myself cracking a second bud to compare. Same inviting smell. It had me coming back for more sniffing, couldn't get enough of it. 9/10
- Smoke -
definite licorice front end. Like several haze varieties. Toasted corn tortilla on the back end. A little heavier throat. Like if you were used to vaping 6mg nicotine then jumped to 12mg. 7.5/10
- Effect -
Classic Haze high, but more pronounced. Talkative, giggly. Can easily get lost jibber-jabbering on a variety of topics, very happy and stoner-esque in conversations, high-smiling cheekbones from ear to ear. Some people claim Haze as a weaker high. Definitely not with this one, and people can forget that it's not all about potency per se, but the quality of the effects. Hazes are some of the only strains that can achieve this type of high, at least for us. 10/10
Overall Rating
(based on average of scores) - 8.4/10

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
9 Pound Hammer 9️⃣⚖🔨
- Appearance –
rock hard nugs. Rivals a paclobutrazol grown bud in density (but definitely not PGR paclo trash). Breaks off in mini nuggets, a grinder-gunker if you plop in a few grams. Smell was not loud on the surface, but one quick crack-n-sniff tells a different story. 8/10
- Bouquet –
light citrus. Like if you cleaned your hands with orange go-jo, rinsed, and wiped off with an oldskool KFC wetnap. Then someone walks by and senses that you've just washed up with subtle citrus-something (not Bath & Body Works overpowering). 7/10
- Smoke -
Heavier expansion in the lungs, thicker clouds. A plume of smoke on the first exhale. The subtle citrus was present, but its taste was not overpowering. A bit rustic with a tiny bit of zest. 8/10
- Effect –
This strain lives up to its namesake. Initial heavy head stone, that immediately rolls into a body buzz melting pain away. Can knock you for a loop if overindulged. Excellent medical strain. 10/10
Overall Rating
(based on average of scores) - 8.2/10

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
9 Pound Hammer 9️⃣⚖🔨
- Appearance –
rock hard nugs. Rivals a paclobutrazol grown bud in density (but definitely not PGR paclo trash). Breaks off in mini nuggets, a grinder-gunker if you plop in a few grams. Smell was not loud on the surface, but one quick crack-n-sniff tells a different story. 8/10
- Bouquet –
light citrus. Like if you cleaned your hands with orange go-jo, rinsed, and wiped off with an oldskool KFC wetnap. Then someone walks by and senses that you've just washed up with subtle citrus-something (not Bath & Body Works overpowering). 7/10
- Smoke -
Heavier expansion in the lungs, thicker clouds. A plume of smoke on the first exhale. The subtle citrus was present, but its taste was not overpowering. A bit rustic with a tiny bit of zest. 8/10
- Effect –
This strain lives up to its namesake. Initial heavy head stone, that immediately rolls into a body buzz melting pain away. Can knock you for a loop if overindulged. Excellent medical strain. 10/10
Overall Rating
Nice in-depth write up bro, makes me wanna pop more of his beans lol

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Nice in-depth write up bro, makes me wanna pop more of his beans lol
Thanks man. Do it, I definitely am ;). He does some nice clean work and the experience needs to be shared. It's a rare opportunity to get to personally sample and provide feedback on a gromie's grow that isn't local (or any grow for that matter). I just happened to luck out and meet a genuinely good person who was willing to provide that opportunity.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
@Phylex, it was an absolute pleasure meeting you yesterday. We are beyond grateful for your generosity with the care package. WOW! DANK ass stuff mang! 🔥 And all the variety! Plus the new drop testers - we'll do you proud my man. I will be posting smoke and grow reports on your thread.
I concur, it was awesome being afforded the opportunity to meet up. It was a pleasure meeting you both as well. I'm equally as grateful for the shirts and seeds. Very kind and thoughtful. Thank you again. I hope you both enjoy the flower now, but even more so what's to come from the new seeds. I can't wait to see you both work your magic. Exciting times ahead for sure. Posting smoke and grow reports would be stellar and much appreciated.

Hopefully when the time comes, I can find some success in germinating some old school funk to give back! And I'm already wearing one of the shirts today :cool:

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
9 Pound Hammer 9️⃣⚖🔨
- Appearance –
- Bouquet –
- Smoke -
- Effect –
Overall Rating
Damn @spyralout - That's everything I could ask for. You absolutely killed it!! You just made my year! I struggle in that regard and I've been looking for a long time to find someone with that skillset. The best I've gotten so far from friends and or family is: (I really like the smell, it's really stoney, not harsh at all, it's really good.) lol.

Amazing report, strong work! I'm blown away. Wanna do some work as a tester? You're hired. lol

With those first two reports of GTH and 9PH, the first thing that comes to mind is the new God-O-War, hmmm. :unsure:

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks man. Do it, I definitely am ;). He does some nice clean work and the experience needs to be shared. It's a rare opportunity to get to personally sample and provide feedback on a gromie's grow that isn't local (or any grow for that matter). I just happened to luck out and meet a genuinely good person who was willing to provide that opportunity.
Thank you for those kinds words. They're easily reciprocated.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Group three is pollinated and going back into the flower tent today. More 9lb. Hammer, Ghost Train Haze #1, and BCK females pollinated with Hyper Blueberry Blast pollen.

Group four is on deck for pollination by the end of the week. They'll be pollinated with 9lb. Hammer pollen and Hyper Alien pollen to up the current seed stock from this last round of new seeds.

I really need to get started on the Nepalese landrace project. But all of these new crosses I recently made, coupled with Chocolate Orange Creamsicle from @SmithsJunk , Uzi Cookies from @JWM2 , and mystery time capsule seeds from @spyralout are making this really, really hard. I want to pop them all. But I really would like my male project completed so I have my main stud to hit everything with. I hear Cypress Hill playing in my mind on repeat, "Many Clouds of Pollen"

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I concur, it was awesome being afforded the opportunity to meet up. It was a pleasure meeting you both as well. I'm equally as grateful for the shirts and seeds. Very kind and thoughtful. Thank you again. I hope you both enjoy the flower now, but even more so what's to come from the new seeds. I can't wait to see you both work your magic. Exciting times ahead for sure. Posting smoke and grow reports would be stellar and much appreciated.

Hopefully when the time comes, I can find some success in germinating some old school funk to give back! And I'm already wearing one of the shirts today :cool:
Hell yea glad you like them! Reppin' already 🖖🤘🤙🙌
Very excited to see what comes out oh man 😬
Damn @spyralout - That's everything I could ask for. You absolutely killed it!! You just made my year! I struggle in that regard and I've been looking for a long time to find someone with that skillset. The best I've gotten so far from friends and or family is: (I really like the smell, it's really stoney, not harsh at all, it's really good.) lol.

Amazing report, strong work! I'm blown away. Wanna do some work as a tester? You're hired. lol

With those first two reports of GTH and 9PH, the first thing that comes to mind is the new God-O-War, hmmm. :unsure:
Thank you! I think English is an extremely descriptive language but somehow lacks emotion. I try to convey that with analogies and references that could invoke that emotion or sensation. I'm kicking around an idea of cataloging bud characteristics in a spreadsheet that could be easily sorted and queried.

There are two explicit types of "it's stoney."
- "it's stoney" followed by another drag or two, definite head change but nothing truly remarkable.
- "it's stooooonnnneeeyyy" looking up in a cheech and chong haze as you're passing the J and the other person nods in slow-mo

God-O-War 😯 the first two strains we smoked of yours were the parents. Just looked at the pack. 🤯 :unsure:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Smoke tests will consist of:
  • 2 joints
    • RAW 1 ¼ with unfiltered tips
    • machine rolled
    • 2 separate nugs
    • both shared in one session
I am adding a “Dry Hit (Joint)” part to the reports. A joint allows for a fresh independent testing vehicle each time. It also gives insight to what flavor it might have once smoked.

BCK (Phylex Cut [?]) 1567457841807.png🥮

- Appearance –
fluffy but dense, not airy. Dense Xmas tree chunks. 7.9/10
- Bouquet –
Pine with a touch of mint when breaking a nug and taking a direct sniff. Effervescent if you will, doesn't make you get a "sneeze tingle" if you smell the nugs in rapid succession. 7-UP. 9.5/10
- Dry Hit (Joint) -
Talk about effervescent. 7-UP with Alka Seltzer and more 7-UP! 9/10
- Smoke -
Wooh! Oldskool Chronic characteristic part one: some coughing! Immediate expansion that tingled going in. Seriously, literally tingle starting at the middle of your tongue, then spreads to the roof of your mouth after each hit. And it lingers. And get this, we both found this description to be quite suitable: imagine yellow cake in a pan, then the brown edges that are stuck to the pan. Toasted yellow cake or pound cake on the back end. 9/10
- Effect –
Nice and stoney. The “this is good shit mang” type of stoney. ¾ J between my GF and me, and she said “I'm high” and continued to puff more. Mind you she is a seasoned veteran daily (hourly? :whistle:) smoker lol. Oldskool Chronic characteristic part two: Have NOT had a high like this in YEARS. Like 20 years lol. Definitely strong [Cali] Chronic Character (nickname?). 10/10
Overall Rating (based on average of scores) - 9.1/10

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Hyper Blueberry Blast fast_parrot.gif1567465731574.png💥

- Appearance –
Arrowhead / guitar pick shaped. Puffy and bulging like one of those old Freshen-Up chewing gums with the liquid center - or a mini Totino's pizza roll. Has give, but not squishy. Well cured. 7.7/10
- Bouquet –
No need to crack this open to smell it, but we did it anyway. Blueberry pine cone sap. Note the distinction here. Not pine SOL but pine SAP. Ground up, even more pronounced blueberry. Pick up a pine cone, dip it in blueberry, smell that. Then smell your fingers afterwards. This would stink through a Ziploc brand heavier freezer bag, but not quite if double bagged and sitting in a drawer. 9.1/10
- Dry Hit (Joint) -
Tastes just like a toasted piece of tree bark coated in blueberry pine cone sap. And not the weakass city park ones that the squirrels stripped either. The kind from the legendary Giant Sequoias in the Sierra Nevadas. 9.1/10
- Smoke -
That pine cone taste is ever so present. A bit of expansion, but a lighter smoke. Immediately reminiscent of Blue Dream but with strong notes of pine. Loses a bit of the intensity of the bouquet. 6.8/10
- Effect –
Good but BCK was definitely better. Great for a mellow camp out in the woods – or to bring that feeling to you. Low to medium tolerance users will enjoy what it brings to the table in functionality. A hike and a few joints or bowls along the way. Can possibly be an excellent pairing with a good hoppy IPA. 6.8/10
Overall Rating (based on average of scores) – 7.9/10

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Blackjack #1 1567469266907.png

- Appearance –
One big solid 5g bud. Like a cypress tree. Subtle peach hairs. Broke off two chunks onto the tray. Clunk clunk. Does not look bionic, but makes up for it in chunkiness. 6.4/10
- Bouquet –
Definite Jack Herer influence. Tart fruit with kiwi-mango, but NOT pineapple. Stinky sweet fruit. 7.8/10
- Dry Hit (Joint) –
Resiny-filmy and spicy on the tongue. Spicy anise / black licorice. 6.7/10
- Smoke -
Slight fruit, but not remarkable. Dissipates quickly. 5/10
- Effect –
Middle. If you've smoked a different strain recently, it will not be able to “cut through” that previous strain's high if you know what I mean. 5/10
Overall Rating (based on average of scores) – 6.2/10

*** It should be noted that we've had this strain before from a couple of different dispensaries. The spicy was very pronounced in those samples as well. While this representation is much better than the dispensary buds, the high is similar in the sense that it wasn't anything super special. ***

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Love the comment. "A good pairing with a hoppy IPA" those are my favorite beers. The bitter beer face is my MO. Love that hard bite.
Thanks man. I haven't drank in over 6 months but I used to indulge. I liked IPA because they're always the highest ABV and get you "there" much quicker especially if they're fresh draft. Man they can be bitter. But sometimes that hoppiness breathe out is nice and some strains have caught that synergistic pairing quite nicely. This is one of them.