West Coast Chronicles

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Yesterday was an all day escapade getting caught up in the garden. Regretfully, there wasn't any time for pictures. Without lowering the light, the clones from group 3 are acting as expected. I've been cycling these for about a year now. So now I'm beginning to wonder if the test group isn't stretching out of control from the light height, but rather I'm experiencing hybrid vigor.

Here's Group 2: the test group

Citrol Sledgehammer

6 of 6 germinated
6 Females
4.5" - 6" @ flip (30 days from soak)
20" - 26.5" @ 14 days into flower
6 of 6 with 9 blades
5 of 6 with some dual serrations

Ground Pounder
6 of 6 germinated
6 Females
4" - 6.75" @ flip (30 days from soak)
26.5" - 32" @ 14 days into flower
3 of 6 with 9 blades
1 of 6 with some dual serrations

Black Abyss #1
5 of 6 germinated
3 Females
4.5" - 7" @ flip (30 days from soak)
20" - 24" @ 14 days into flower
2 of 3 with 9 blades
3 of 3 with some dual serrations

Black Abyss #2
5 of 6 germinated
2 Females
5" - 6" @ flip (30 days from soak)
23.5" - 29" @ 14 days into flower
1 of 2 with 9 blades
1 of 2 with some dual serrations

Blunt Force Trauma
5 of 6 germinated
4 Females
5" - 6" @ flip (30 days from soak)
24" - 31" @ 14 days into flower
4 of 4 with 9 blades
0 of 4 with dual serrations
One looks like it might possibly be a purple pheno. Time will tell.

Pollination Group #1
I moved them into the veg rack and isolated them for pollination.
BCK x Hyper Alien
Ghost Train Haze x Hyper Alien
9 Pound Hammer x Hyper Alien
Ghost Train Haze x Hyper Blueberry Blast
9 Pound Hammer x Hyper Blueberry Blast
Hyper Blueberry Blast x 9 Pound Hammer

Scheduled Pollination Group #3
These clones are just beginning week two in flower.

Scheduled Pollination Group #4
These clones were just pulled out of the veg rack and put into the flower tent yesterday, day 1.

I finally got around to some trimming yesterday. I plan to spend most of the day trimming today and I'll try to take some time and take a few pictures. Yesterday, Blackjack #2 was one of the plants I trimmed up. 23 grams and some change from just two top colas. (combined not each) I still have a lot of trimming to do amongst all of them from the last harvest.

Does anyone use Boveda packs to cure? What are your thoughts? I tried them for the ease of having to not burp so often, but I'm starting to think they're a bad idea. It seems like they're producing some randomly weird, somewhat universal smell in all of the jars. I've since taken them out and hope they didn't taint the previous run. I guess I'll be going back to the old, tedious way of curing.
Used them on last runs from coco and soil. They were good when buds were over dried. Kept them nice and fluffy. However when used after a slower dry they seemed to not cure as well. Bud smell was less pronounced it seemed. Mighta been the pack sucking out the smell. We decided to ditch them this harvest and go with regular cure. They're expensive too. Might just grab some cheapo Chinese hygrometers instead.
Good job on the data collection. Very useful info for your research and projects.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I put the pollinated plants from group one into the tent tonight when I came home after spraying them all down to neutralize any excess pollen.

I snapped some real quick pictures on my way out. This thread needs some. It’s been neglected with pics for a week or so.

I still have a few lady bugs that seem content living in the tent. I leave it open for hours while I’m working in there during the long days. They’ll ride on the plant on the way out, stay perched, and ride it back in once I’m done with it. I don’t mind at all. They can stay as long as they’d like, but their job is done.

You can tell from a little leaf droop they’re getting thirsty. But they’ll have to wait until tomorrow. Lights off soon and I don’t have enough time to tend to them. They’ll have to wait until tomorrow evening.

442EB97E-62C8-4870-8383-2888155EA2AD.jpeg

4B2F1B91-E991-4828-B0BE-5049E693CB0B.jpeg

88A0A8FD-DD96-433A-B7B8-8539EEC10E9E.jpeg

8FE2557B-6AC6-4DFD-807D-A71D268D3BFA.jpeg

49A9C835-FB15-466F-B450-704B297B85E1.jpeg

82AF197F-8503-43A4-BC23-98297F2F5755.jpeg

5D6DDDDE-AE4B-44E8-A38C-FF1FDA93973B.jpeg

2C57445A-6F9A-4E41-844D-9A4345D07FE7.jpeg

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I put the pollinated plants from group one into the tent tonight when I came home after spraying them all down to neutralize any excess pollen.

I snapped some real quick pictures on my way out. This thread needs some. It’s been neglected with pics for a week or so.

I still have a few lady bugs that seem content living in the tent. I leave it open for hours while I’m working in there during the long days. They’ll ride on the plant on the way out, stay perched, and ride it back in once I’m done with it. I don’t mind at all. They can stay as long as they’d like, but their job is done.

You can tell from a little leaf droop they’re getting thirsty. But they’ll have to wait until tomorrow. Lights off soon and I don’t have enough time to tend to them. They’ll have to wait until tomorrow evening.

View attachment 18701

View attachment 18702

View attachment 18703

View attachment 18704

View attachment 18705

View attachment 18706

View attachment 18707

View attachment 18708
How did you hang or mount your hurricane fan?

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway

View attachment 18701

View attachment 18702

View attachment 18703

View attachment 18704

View attachment 18705

View attachment 18706

View attachment 18707

View attachment 18708
I was gonna get lady bugs as an extra step in my mite decimation. Have you found them to be a any negative presence at all? I.e their excrement...your ladies look quite happy otherwise.🤩🤩🤩

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
How did you hang or mount your hurricane fan?
Okay, takes a deep breathe, lol; Cut a piece of plywood to size. Bought a “happy birthday” Mylar balloon from the dollar store, turned it inside out, and used spray adhesive to wrap the plywood. I built a pvc frame from end to end in the tent and secured the frame to the tent poles with heavy duty zip ties. I drilled four holes into the plywood and secured it top and bottom to the PVC frame. (I had already attached the fan’s anchor) Then I mounted the fan. I use the PVC frame for mounting my junction box and running wires as well. 😉

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Okay, takes a deep breathe, lol; Cut a piece of plywood to size. Bought a “happy birthday” Mylar balloon from the dollar store, turned it inside out, and used spray adhesive to wrap the plywood. I built a pvc frame from end to end in the tent and secured the frame to the tent poles with heavy duty zip ties. I drilled four holes into the plywood and secured it top and bottom to the PVC frame. (I had already attached the fan’s anchor) Then I mounted the fan. I use the PVC frame for mounting my junction box and running wires as well. 😉
Very clever! I have a piece of plywood for similar reasons. The mylar balloon is a good idea. I just painted mine white with some free spray paint I had. I was going to attach two eye hooks at the top of the board and use ratcheting light hangers so it can move up and down. Hang on a tent pole. Yours sounds much more solid and dual purpose. I hope mine will do the job but now I'm questioning myself about those eye hooks.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I was gonna get lady bugs as an extra step in my mite decimation. Have you found them to be a any negative presence at all? I.e their excrement...your ladies look quite happy otherwise.🤩🤩🤩
I really didn’t have a bad experience with them like I had expected. They weren’t very messy aside from the ones that died over time. I just vacuumed them up off of the floor. And I never caught any of them on the flowers. It didn’t seem like they were very interested in those. Which was pleasantly odd because they were absolutely every else in the tent. I did find a wing here and there, but it was easily picked off and there weren’t that many of them. I would use them again if needed. But knock on wood I won’t need them again. I think going from outside to inside with the plants was a one time thing.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Very clever! I have a piece of plywood for similar reasons. The mylar balloon is a good idea. I just painted mine white with some free spray paint I had. I was going to attach two eye hooks at the top of the board and use ratcheting light hangers so it can move up and down. Hang on a tent pole. Yours sounds much more solid and dual purpose. I hope mine will do the job but now I'm questioning myself about those eye hooks.
I actually used eye hooks on the first attempt/grow. But the weight of the fan didn’t keep it vertical. It kicked in a little on the bottom and I didn’t like that. I originally just used parachute cord, truckers knots, and secured it vertically and horizontally. My problem was also the tension. I could really yard on it in fear of bending the structural tent poles. So after that cycle finished, I built the PVC frame and decided on zip ties. Works like a charm. But I also don’t have the flexibility of raising and lowering it. For my purposes, fortunately, I haven’t needed that flexibility. I just run it on full blast indirectly to create a mini vortex in the tent.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I really didn’t have a bad experience with them like I had expected. They weren’t very messy aside from the ones that died over time. I just vacuumed them up off of the floor. And I never caught any of them on the flowers. It didn’t seem like they were very interested in those. Which was pleasantly odd because they were absolutely every else in the tent. I did find a wing here and there, but it was easily picked off and there weren’t that many of them. I would use them again if needed. But knock on wood I won’t need them again. I think going from outside to inside with the plants was a one time thing.
Well that settles that. I'm ordering me an army.
Also my seedlings tripled in height since yesterday.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Flash update: Group Two, the test group.

Flower Day 18: Trichome Development

I didn't have time to water, so I gave them a quick sip to hold them over for another day or two. That's when I noticed some trichomes developing. I didn't have time to log who's who in the zoo, but I snapped a couple of quick photos. I do know Black Abyss #2, Blunt Force Trauma, Citrol Sledgehammer, and Ground Pounder are all pictured. A more thorough update will come sometime later in the week.

IMG_E0984.JPG

IMG_E0986.JPG

IMG_E0987.JPG

IMG_E0988.JPG

IMG_E0990.JPG

IMG_E0991.JPG

No trichs on this one yet, but I thought it looked cool
IMG_0989.JPG

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Awesomesauce!!! Does she have a distinct diff smell too?
I meant to circle back to this, but I forgot. My bad Jesse. I popped my nose in today when I checked to see if the other two I thought were expressing some purple really were. I have two distinctly different smells. The well pronounced purple is definitely more of a sweeter, possibly fruitish, GelatOG leaner. The one with medium purple expressions I can’t put my nose on quite yet. A rough estimate would be more traditional of earthy, possibly piney scents. Most likely leaning more towards the 9 Pound Hammer. I couldn’t get much at all from the third, faintly purpling specimen. I couldn’t lean in quite far enough and I was in to much of a rush to investigate. The next time I can really pull them out toward the end of the week, I’ll try to dive in a little deeper.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Update Continued: Test group Day 27

Ground Pounder P1
DAY27GP1.JPG

Ground Pounder P2 - Subtle purpling deep in the tissue. Not visible in pic
DAY27GP2.JPG

Ground Pounder P3
DAY27GP3.JPG

Ground Pounder P4DAY27GP4.JPG

Ground Pounder P5 - This one is gorgeous. Heavy purpling
DAY27GP5.JPG

Ground Pounder P6 Another one with subtle deep tissue purpling. Not visible in pic
DAY27GP6.JPG

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I'm almost done sorting the new seeds and completing phase one of packaging them up. I also played the name game today. These are preliminary names and one or more may need to be changed if I learn it's already in use.

Lineage Reference:
1. Hyper Glue by Reno Genetics - (GG4 x Afternoon Delight x C99)

2. Hyper Blueberry Blast by Reno Genetics - (Hyper Glue x Blueberry Blast)
2a. Blueberry Blast by Snowhigh Seeds (Blue Dream x Johnny Blaze)

3. Hyper Alien by Reno Genetics - (Hyper Glue x Grape Alien Haze)
3a. Grape Alien Haze by Dark Den (Grape Ape x White Alien Haze)

4. 9lb. Hammer by Jinxproof Genetics - (Gooberry x Jesus OG Kush)

5. Ghost Train Haze #1 by RareDankness - (Ghost OG x Nevil's Wreck)

6. GelatOG by Seedsman Seeds - (Gelato x OG Kush)

7. BCK - Phylex Cut by Unknown - (Possibly Birthday Cake Kush)

8. Blackjack by Nirvana Seeds - (Black Domina x Jock Horror)

9. Tangie by Nirvana Seeds - (California Orange x Super Skunk)

Preliminary names for new seeds:
1. Hyper Train - (Ghost Train Haze #1 x Hyper Blueberry Blast)
2. Hyper Kush - (BCK x Hyper Blueberry Blast)
3. X-Files - (BCK x Hyper Alien)
4. Celestial Ghost - (Ghost Train Haze #1 x Hyper Alien)
5. Pandemic - (GelatOG x Hyper Alien)
6. Cosmosis - (9lb. Hammer x Hyper Alien)
7. God-O-War - (Ghost Train Haze #1 x 9lb. Hammer)
8. 9lb. Blueberry - (Hyper Blueberry Blast x 9lb. Hammer)
9. Space Invasion - (Hyper Blueberry Blast x Hyper Alien)
10. Astro Black - (Blackjack x Hyper Alien)
11. Still un-named (Tangie x Hyper Alien)

This first round of seeds was a very limited batch. While round two is currently underway, I'm hoping to find a few people who have some space to run these and can help me test them. For most of these, I only have one pack from each that I can send out for testing purposes. If your interested, PM me and let me know which one/or more than one that you're interested in, and when you'll be able to start them. Priority will need to go to the soonest start time. Each pack will contain 12 seeds. My hope is that at least half of the pack can be tested so males can be culled if desired and there's still a few females left to test.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Are those all of the 4 strains then?
I believe so but it was also an impromptu photo op. I decided to snap some photos as I was leaving the tent. But I was also in a hurry. I was already running late for another obligation.

Or just 2 diff plants buds, hence the 1 and 2 designation?
1 and 2 designation? As far as update? if so, They're all different plants, minus the mid shots. The update 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 is only because I can only upload 10 pics.

If you're referring to BA1 and BA2, two phenotypes were used. I only sent out #2 crosses.

On the CS ones have you noticed any big stem thickness differences, and or heights of growth?
I didn't notice differences in stems per say. but of all from the test group, CS was the first to sprout all six, almost simultaneously, and they were quick to rocket up. While I did take note of dramatic stretch across the board, the CS actually tamed itself a bit compared to the others after being flipped to flower.

Kind of thinking I have two diff expressions happening, or a boy and girl thing growing on.
Hopefully two different expressions and two girls two cups. lol