West Coast Chronicles

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I shucked the last of what was pollinated from the last run. At some point I'll get to the dreadful trimming. I'm not in any rush right now since I just jarred it up. It would probably take me a full week, so I'll chip away at it over time.

IMG_E0937.JPG

IMG_E0938.JPG

IMG_E0939.JPG

I collected a little bit of kief after everything was shucked.
IMG_E0936.JPG

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I shucked the last of what was pollinated from the last run. At some point I'll get to the dreadful trimming. I'm not in any rush right now since I just jarred it up. It would probably take me a full week, so I'll chip away at it over time.

View attachment 17568

Nice haul of seed there man.

Is that one of those fancy trim bins you can buy?

View attachment 17569

View attachment 17570

I collected a little bit of kief after everything was shucked.
View attachment 17567

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Thank you. That was from my selective branch pollination round. My next run will be whole plant pollination. (y)

And yeah, that's a trim bin. It took awhile to decide on purchasing one. But now I wish I had purchased one sooner. I prefer using it for pollen collection too. Not to mention it does a much better job keeping the leafy material out of the kief then my homemade concoction.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Another round of some fine looking seeds! Great job @Phylex ! You’re killing it making all these crosses and the beans are as healthy looking as I’ve ever seen. I gotta get busy and pop some of the gifts I have. Making another f&d because I really like it. Smooth running and fast growth!
Thanks. I look forward to seeing what you have cooking. I'd like to try the F&D, and or RDWC at some point in the future.

Last edited:

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I wasn't ready for an update, nor was I ready to give one today. However I started seeing some males and females in the test group. So I snapped a couple of photos. I'll share some of what I was saving for my weekend update, and I'll be back with a little more in-depth info at the end of the week.

The stretch is real! And I feel like I might have screwed a good test with structure due to not adequately giving them the time they deserve. I never lowered my light from my last run. I kept the light raised to allow the plants a few days to acclimate to the new intensity. I had intentions of lowering it, but I never got around to it. I think this sent the test group into overdrive with their stretching. 10 days after flip and they've all caught up to, or surpassed the plants that were flipped a week before them. Some are most likely pushing 30-36" tall. These were 4.5-6.75" 10 days ago. That's almost 400-500% if the tallest in the bunch were the ones measured at 6" going in.

If I had to find a silver lining in all of this, at least the stretch will assist with airflow considering how crowded it's going to get in there. Here's a couple of shots

IMG_0952.JPG

IMG_E0953.JPG

And here's a couple of males I found. I'm actually surprised I didn't see this a couple of days ago. (the last time I looked in the tent.) Granted I wasn't looking too hard, but still, it jumped out at me today. They'll be culled in a couple of days.

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_E0950.JPG

IMG_0949.JPG

IMG_E0949.JPG

I'm pretty certain I'll have plenty of females in the group, but I don't believe every plant is showing sex yet. I also didn't thoroughly inspect them either. That will come in the next day or two when it's time to water them.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Another unplanned update: Today was watering day for the test group and I ended up with to many females. It's going to be really crowded soon and I expected, needed, more males to cull. Apparently, I'm also not very good at estimating inches. (I'm sure that's what she said too.) :ROFLMAO: What I thought was 30-36" is more like 22-27". Here's some hard numbers after today's watering.

Citrol Sledgehammer
6 of 6 germinated
6 Females
4.5" - 6" @ flip (30 days from soak)
17" - 20" 11 days into flower

Ground Pounder
6 of 6 germinated
6 Females
4" - 6.75" @ flip (30 days from soak)
22" - 27" 11 days into flower

Black Abyss #1
5 of 6 germinated
3 Females
4.5" - 7" @ flip (30 days from soak)
18" - 20" 11 days into flower

Black Abyss #2
5 of 6 germinated
2 Females
5" - 6" @ flip (30 days from soak)
20" - 24" 11 days into flower

Blunt Force Trauma
5 of 6 germinated
4 Females
19" - 25" 11 days into flower

Of 27 originals in the test group, 21 are female. It's going to get really interesting in the tent in about a week when I add another tray of clones that are scheduled for pollination. There is also clones already in the tent that are a week ahead of the test group scheduled to get pollinated this weekend. This is a risky run. With my work commitments, this wasn't the right time to have so much going on with all of my time constraints. It's been a juggling act just to make it this far. I'm really hoping I can pull this off. I'm sure it will end up to be very rewarding if I can.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Another unplanned update: Today was watering day for the test group and I ended up with to many females. It's going to be really crowded soon and I expected, needed, more males to cull. Apparently, I'm also not very good at estimating inches. (I'm sure that's what she said too.) :ROFLMAO: What I thought was 30-36" is more like 22-27". Here's some hard numbers after today's watering.

Citrol Sledgehammer
6 of 6 germinated
6 Females
17" - 20" 11 days into flower

Ground Pounder
6 of 6 germinated
6 Females
22" - 27" 11 days into flower

Black Abyss #1
5 of 6 germinated
3 Females
18" - 20" 11 days into flower

Black Abyss #2
5 of 6 germinated
2 Females
20" - 24" 11 days into flower

Blunt Force Trauma
5 of 6 germinated
4 Females
19" - 25" 11 days into flower

Of 27 originals in the test group, 21 are female. It's going to get really interesting in the tent in about a week when I add another tray of clones that are scheduled for pollination. There is also clones already in the tent that are a week ahead of the test group scheduled to get pollinated this weekend. This is a risky run. With my work commitments, this wasn't the right time to have so much going on with all of my time constraints. It's been a juggling act just to make it this far. I'm really hoping I can pull this off. I'm sure it will end up to be very rewarding if I can.
78% female impressive! When I pop some of yours (first regs ever) I will make note of the "volcano seed theory" to see if it holds true. I hope you do pull it off, they look pretty healthy even though you have been busy. You've got a variety jungle going on in there both in strain and height!

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
78% female impressive! When I pop some of yours (first regs ever) I will make note of the "volcano seed theory" to see if it holds true. I hope you do pull it off, they look pretty healthy even though you have been busy. You've got a variety jungle going on in there both in strain and height!
No doubt. Cycling them in and all of the different strains and projects in one tent has made things quite the challenge. I’m definitely pushing real estate to the max once they’re all in. I’m still uncertain if they’re all going to fit. I’m just winging it with my fingers crossed.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
No prob . Keep grinding man this is gonna be a mission of a run. I would water your plants and hold it down for you while you're knocking out some work commitments if I could. Not necessary you got this 👊
BTW those blumats that capt and mac are playing with are very interesting and might be right up your alley.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
No prob . Keep grinding man this is gonna be a mission of a run. I would water your plants and hold it down for you while you're knocking out some work commitments if I could. Not necessary you got this 👊
BTW those blumats that capt and mac are playing with are very interesting and might be right up your alley.
I'd definitely like to figure out a way to go automated at some point. I water everything by hand and ever since I removed the drain pan, I remove every plant from the tent for every watering. The bigger the plants get, the more of a pain it becomes. The drain pan was much easier and a little quicker, but I wanted the additional head space and needed more real estate by removing it.

Last night I ran out of time. Toward the end of watering the lights cycled off. I had to water, measure, and sex the last five plants under my cell phone light. lol

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I'd definitely like to figure out a way to go automated at some point. I water everything by hand and ever since I removed the drain pan, I remove every plant from the tent for every watering. The bigger the plants get, the more of a pain it becomes. The drain pan was much easier and a little quicker, but I wanted the additional head space and needed more real estate by removing it.

Last night I ran out of time. Toward the end of watering the lights cycled off. I had to water, measure, and sex the last five plants under my cell phone light. lol
@Phylex i started a thread in indoor growing( Blumat water systems). I just purchased a 12 pot system with lots of extra stuff and a new 12 gallon reservoir all for under 150 us. Uses no electricity gravity feed. @macsnax is going to update it soon. He has it in place and operating. I am going to set mine up on the next run. I have to mix daily and feed then vacuum waste water. The Blumats will keep the media at the desired moisture without the run off. While i do not mind hand watering i am locked into being there every day. If something were to come up i might be able to walk away from it for several days.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
@Phylex i started a thread in indoor growing( Blumat water systems). I just purchased a 12 pot system with lots of extra stuff and a new 12 gallon reservoir all for under 150 us. Uses no electricity gravity feed. @macsnax is going to update it soon. He has it in place and operating. I am going to set mine up on the next run. I have to mix daily and feed then vacuum waste water. The Blumats will keep the media at the desired moisture without the run off. While i do not mind hand watering i am locked into being there every day. If something were to come up i might be able to walk away from it for several days.
I'll definitely be following along and checking it out.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Dunked a whole pack of Citrol Sledgehammer not even 24 hours later, two have popped. Gonna throw them ina paper towel in the AM. If my Mac crosses aren't viable I'm gonna pop another pack. Anyone of them in particular you'd like to see ran? I also would really like to purchase another pack of BFT.View attachment 18280
That's awesome brother. I can't wait to see you work your magic. I'm excited about all of them. I'd be happy to see whichever one you choose to grow. It's greatly appreciated. I also appreciate your interest in BFT. I'm currently holding off until I can get some test runs done before I release anymore. While I only have a hand full of packs left, I am in the process of making more. It's hard for me to accept cash when I haven't even seen them grown out and tested. The good news is I'm linking up with another grower who grows on a larger scale. He'll be able to run a lot of strains and plants of each strain all at once. He plans to run them through different stress tests for me as well. I think it's going to be a great partnership and I'm grateful for his willingness to help test everything. Especially after the last pollination and having around 12 new crosses. There's no way I could run all of those in an adequate amount of time because after I finish up my current run, I'm moving on to my main project. I'll need all of the space available for that one and they're all new strains. One being a Nepalese landrace.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Yesterday was an all day escapade getting caught up in the garden. Regretfully, there wasn't any time for pictures. Without lowering the light, the clones from group 3 are acting as expected. I've been cycling these for about a year now. So now I'm beginning to wonder if the test group isn't stretching out of control from the light height, but rather I'm experiencing hybrid vigor.

Here's Group 2: the test group

Citrol Sledgehammer

6 of 6 germinated
6 Females
20" - 26.5" @ 14 days into flower
6 of 6 with 9 blades
5 of 6 with some dual serrations

Ground Pounder
6 of 6 germinated
6 Females
26.5" - 32" @ 14 days into flower
3 of 6 with 9 blades
1 of 6 with some dual serrations

Black Abyss #1
5 of 6 germinated
3 Females
20" - 24" @ 14 days into flower
2 of 3 with 9 blades
3 of 3 with some dual serrations

Black Abyss #2
5 of 6 germinated
2 Females
23.5" - 29" @ 14 days into flower
1 of 2 with 9 blades
1 of 2 with some dual serrations

Blunt Force Trauma
5 of 6 germinated
4 Females
24" - 31" @ 14 days into flower
4 of 4 with 9 blades
0 of 4 with dual serrations
One looks like it might possibly be a purple pheno. Time will tell.

Pollination Group #1
I moved them into the veg rack and isolated them for pollination.
BCK x Hyper Alien
Ghost Train Haze x Hyper Alien
9 Pound Hammer x Hyper Alien
Ghost Train Haze x Hyper Blueberry Blast
9 Pound Hammer x Hyper Blueberry Blast
Hyper Blueberry Blast x 9 Pound Hammer

Scheduled Pollination Group #3
These clones are just beginning week two in flower.

Scheduled Pollination Group #4
These clones were just pulled out of the veg rack and put into the flower tent yesterday, day 1.

I finally got around to some trimming yesterday. I plan to spend most of the day trimming today and I'll try to take some time and take a few pictures. Yesterday, Blackjack #2 was one of the plants I trimmed up. 23 grams and some change from just two top colas. (combined not each) I still have a lot of trimming to do amongst all of them from the last harvest.

Does anyone use Boveda packs to cure? What are your thoughts? I tried them for the ease of having to not burp so often, but I'm starting to think they're a bad idea. It seems like they're producing some randomly weird, somewhat universal smell in all of the jars. I've since taken them out and hope they didn't taint the previous run. I guess I'll be going back to the old, tedious way of curing.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Yesterday was an all day escapade getting caught up in the garden. Regretfully, there wasn't any time for pictures. Without lowering the light, the clones from group 3 are acting as expected. I've been cycling these for about a year now. So now I'm beginning to wonder if the test group isn't stretching out of control from the light height, but rather I'm experiencing hybrid vigor.

Here's Group 2: the test group

Citrol Sledgehammer

6 of 6 germinated
6 Females
20" - 26.5" @ 14 days into flower
6 of 6 with 9 blades
5 of 6 with some dual serrations

Ground Pounder
6 of 6 germinated
6 Females
26.5" - 32" @ 14 days into flower
3 of 6 with 9 blades
1 of 6 with some dual serrations

Black Abyss #1
5 of 6 germinated
3 Females
20" - 24" @ 14 days into flower
2 of 3 with 9 blades
3 of 3 with some dual serrations

Black Abyss #2
5 of 6 germinated
2 Females
23.5" - 29" @ 14 days into flower
1 of 2 with 9 blades
1 of 2 with some dual serrations

Blunt Force Trauma
5 of 6 germinated
4 Females
24" - 31" @ 14 days into flower
4 of 4 with 9 blades
0 of 4 with dual serrations
One looks like it might possibly be a purple pheno. Time will tell.

Pollination Group #1
I moved them into the veg rack and isolated them for pollination.
BCK x Hyper Alien
Ghost Train Haze x Hyper Alien
9 Pound Hammer x Hyper Alien
Ghost Train Haze x Hyper Blueberry Blast
9 Pound Hammer x Hyper Blueberry Blast
Hyper Blueberry Blast x 9 Pound Hammer

Scheduled Pollination Group #3
These clones are just beginning week two in flower.

Scheduled Pollination Group #4
These clones were just pulled out of the veg rack and put into the flower tent yesterday, day 1.

I finally got around to some trimming yesterday. I plan to spend most of the day trimming today and I'll try to take some time and take a few pictures. Yesterday, Blackjack #2 was one of the plants I trimmed up. 23 grams and some change from just two top colas. (combined not each) I still have a lot of trimming to do amongst all of them from the last harvest.

Does anyone use Boveda packs to cure? What are your thoughts? I tried them for the ease of having to not burp so often, but I'm starting to think they're a bad idea. It seems like they're producing some randomly weird, somewhat universal smell in all of the jars. I've since taken them out and hope they didn't taint the previous run. I guess I'll be going back to the old, tedious way of curing.
I always wondered about the Boveda packs too... but I suppose I'll probably hold off on them, that's what I was afraid could happen