West Coast Chronicles

Texagonian

Outlaw
I harvested the pollen yesterday. @Texagonian This is my process:

1. I chop up the males, cutting all their branches off onto a labeled piece of paper.
2. I let them sit over night like this.
View attachment 13980

I personally like using a clean trim bin.

3. I slide the material onto the screen of the trim bin
4. I then run a razor blade over the paper to collect the pollen that was left behind.
5. I agitate the upper bin to dislodge pollen.
6. I pick up branches, tap them, and gently slide them around.
7. Agitating the top bin again.
View attachment 13973

8. I then gently remove the pollen sacs from the branches.
9. Agitate the top bin
10. I use an old gift card to move around the pollen sacs and disrupt them a bit.
11. Agitate the top bin again afterwards.
View attachment 13974

12. Scrape up and collect the pollen.
13. I use straws to collect pollen. When collecting pollen from multiple strains, I use multiple straws so I don't cross contaminate the pollen. Every strain or even different pheno, gets a fresh clean straw.
View attachment 13975

14. I put the pollen into labeled, air tight, glass vials. I label them with the donor and date.
15. I let them sit in the vials with the cap off overnight to allow the remaining moisture to evaporate.
16. Once they're ready for storage, I put the vials into a screw top container.
17. I fill the container with rice. (My desiccant packs wouldn't fit here)
View attachment 13976

View attachment 13977

18. I then put them into my pollen case, and place desiccants over the top of the containers.
19. Zip it up, and put them into the freezer for storage.
View attachment 13978

View attachment 13979

Avoiding cross contamination when dealing with multiple males: (This part makes it time consuming)
1. I always put on a fresh pair of gloves when handling a new plant.
2. I wash the trim bin, and all of the equipment that will be re-used.
3. I wipe everything dry first, and then follow that up with using a blow dryer. I don't want any moisture remaining from the cleaning process.
4. I wipe down the space I previously worked. And then I repeat the process for the next plant.
@Phylex thank you for sharing your process! This helps me greatly. I just finished harvesting the last of the pollen from my scj male. I am letting the pollen dry in it’s glass container for a couple days and then I’ll add some rice and off to the freezer it goes for later use. Now I’ve got to clean my room and tent and prepare for some fem seeds I’m going to run. I plan on popping a couple of each that you gifted me in the fall. I will post updates along the way in your journal if that’s ok. I feel they should stay attached to you somewhat unless you’d like it done in a journal all there own. Either way when I grow them and post updates you will be mentioned so all know where the fire came from 👊🏻✌🏻🔥🔥🔥

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Update: Day 56

Blackjack #1 (Black Domina x Jock Horror) by Nirvana
Day56BJ.1.JPG

Day56BJ.2.JPG

Blackjack #2 (Black Domina x Jock Horror) by Nirvana
Day56BJ.3.JPG

Day56BJ.4.JPG

Gelat.OG (Gelato x OG Kush) by Seedsman - I chopped the top colas. I'm letting the lower flowers and pollinated branches mature a little longer.
Day56Gel.1.JPG

Day56Gel.2.JPG

Day56Gel.3.JPG

Tangie - (California Orange x Super Skunk) by Seedsman
Day56Tan.1.JPG

Day56Tan.2.JPG

Day56Tan.3.JPG

Last edited:

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN

I just realized I didn't take any pictures of the 9lb. Hammer. Today, I did the same as the Gelato_OG. I chopped the top colas and I'm allowing the lowers and seeds more time to mature.

Hyper Blueberry Blast (Blueberry Blast x Hyper Glue) by Reno Genetics
Day56HBB.1.JPG

Day56HBB.2.JPG

Day56HBB.3.JPG

Ghost Train Haze #1 (Ghost OG x Nevil's Wreck) by Raredankness
Day56GTH.1.JPG

Day56GTH.2.JPG

Day56GTH.3.JPG

Day56GTH.4.JPG

Day56GTH.5.JPG

Day56GTH.6.JPG

Day56GTH.7.JPG

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨

I just realized I didn't take any pictures of the 9lb. Hammer. Today, I did the same as the Gelato_OG. I chopped the top colas and I'm allowing the lowers and seeds more time to mature.

Hyper Blueberry Blast (Blueberry Blast x Hyper Glue) by Reno Genetics
View attachment 14658

View attachment 14659

View attachment 14660

Ghost Train Haze #1 (Ghost OG x Nevil's Wreck) by Raredankness
View attachment 14661

View attachment 14662

View attachment 14663

View attachment 14664

View attachment 14665

View attachment 14666

View attachment 14667
That hyper blueberry blast has a very spiky prickly look to it. Very unique, like a stout flame signaling the fire 🔥
And oh man ghost train haze damn fine specimen of a plant.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
That hyper blueberry blast has a very spiky prickly look to it. Very unique, like a stout flame signaling the fire 🔥
And oh man ghost train haze damn fine specimen of a plant.
The Hyper Blueberry Blast reminds me of pineapple tops. It looks very spiky indeed. I too really love the cola structure and hue of the Ghost Train Haze. I also dig the hue of the Hyper Blueberry Blast. I think the (GTH x HBB) has the potential to produce some damn fine looking flowers.

The Hyper Blueberry Blast smells like Blueberry Muffins. I’m excited to see that being potentially passed along to the BCK in the (BCK x HBB) cross.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
The Hyper Blueberry Blast reminds me of pineapple tops. It looks very spiky indeed. I too really love the cola structure and hue of the Ghost Train Haze. I also dig the hue of the Hyper Blueberry Blast. I think the (GTH x HBB) has the potential to produce some damn fine looking flowers.

The Hyper Blueberry Blast smells like Blueberry Muffins. I’m excited to see that being potentially passed along to the BCK in the (BCK x HBB) cross.
That's it you pinpointed it. 🍍 I was thinking cactus but nah not even close.
Haze and crosses, I don't see a lot of talk about them on this forum. Although I've found them not to be quite as "potent" as some of those bionic strains out there, the high is awesome. Giggly fun and, well, hazy.
Would be cool if you had any stout mexi beans from back in the day. Would like to see you pull a frosty ass cola or ten with your technique.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
That's it you pinpointed it. 🍍 I was thinking cactus but nah not even close.
Haze and crosses, I don't see a lot of talk about them on this forum. Although I've found them not to be quite as "potent" as some of those bionic strains out there, the high is awesome. Giggly fun and, well, hazy.
Would be cool if you had any stout mexi beans from back in the day. Would like to see you pull a frosty ass cola or ten with your technique.
Here’s a little bit about the Ghost Train Haze #1 from Rare Dankness.

About Ghost Train Haze:

Ghost Train Haze is a legendary Sativa dominant hybrid strain of cannabis bred by Rare Dankness. Ghost Train Haze is a cross between Neville's Wreck and Ghost OG. This strain is a proud recipient of both the 2014 High Times Cannabis Cup US Sativa 1st Place spot and the 2013 High Times Cannabis Cup Medical Sativa 2nd Place spot. It is also an annual winner of High Times Strongest Strains on Earth. This potent strain has been tested as high as 25% THC.

The aroma of Ghost Train Haze is sweet and piney, with hints of citrus, lemon, and spice. Even breaking up a bud will cause a strong, hazy odor to permeate around the room. The bright green buds of the Ghost Train Haze nuggets are thick and dense, rich with trichomes and coated in light orange hairs. The generously frosted buds will surely have you thinking Christmas came early this year! The smoke is extremely smooth, with more of an OG taste with a sharp, sweetly pine flavor.

This strain is well known for it's potent effects, having even been featured on the May 12th, 2012 cover of High Times, serving as a sort of visual ambassador to represent the "Strongest Strains on Earth." The effects are oftentimes deemed borderline psychedelic by even the most experienced smokers, with both the heady euphoria of Sativa with the heavy body stone of an Indica. While the strain can provide a boost in energy and uplifting euphoria, it is better used for relaxing due to the cerebral haziness that occur with stronger doses. Needless to say, it's best to keep the dose low if you plan on having an active day.

Ghost Train Haze is a very potent strain, with a wide variety of medical applications. It is a useful strain for those suffering from the symptoms of cancer, both alleviating pain and increasing the appetite. Victims of both depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder will also find relief in this strain. Ghost Train Haze can also be used to treat glaucoma. And the calming, relaxing effect in light doses can prove useful for those with Attention Deficit Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

While a warm climate and outdoors grow location are conducive to favorable results, Ghost Train Haze will also flourish indoors as well, with a 65 to 80 day flowering time. The crop is favorably high and the yield is quite bountiful. With a plentiful yield, potent strength, and impressive shelf life, Ghost Train Haze is a great choice for intermediate growers.