West Coast Chronicles

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Thanks for the background info. Sounds right up our alley, my girl suffers from PTSD and something geared towards that would definitely help. In fact I'm running to the 24hr pharmacy right now to get her meds. Then back to work on the plant issues.
Really excited to see what you got planned in the lab with those haze crosses. If they're even half as good as Super Silver Haze (had some real stuff in SF 10 years ago) they're gonna be some killer plants.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Update: Veg

Clones: BCK, Hyper Blueberry Blast, Ghost Train Haze, 9 Pound Hammer

I started seeing roots on a few of them, so I just ended up potting all of them. These will eventually be individually pollinated.
IMG_E0715.JPG

Testing: Blunt Force Trauma, Black Abyss, Citrol Sledgehammer and Ground Pounder
IMG_E0716.JPG

IMG_E0717.JPG

Clone Mothers: One of the BCK moms will be reversed using GA3. The rest of them will eventually be pollinated.
IMG_E0719.JPG

While hand mixing and sifting today I noticed a piece of plastic being moved around in the mixing tub. I plucked it out, and look what I found. This came out of a bag of Happy Frog. I'm happy I didn't hook myself.
IMG_E0720.JPG

IMG_E0721.JPG

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Update: Veg

Clones: BCK, Hyper Blueberry Blast, Ghost Train Haze, 9 Pound Hammer

I started seeing roots on a few of them, so I just ended up potting all of them. These will eventually be individually pollinated.
View attachment 14742

Testing: Blunt Force Trauma, Black Abyss, Citrol Sledgehammer and Ground Pounder
View attachment 14743

View attachment 14744

Clone Mothers: One of the BCK moms will be reversed using GA3. The rest of them will eventually be pollinated.
View attachment 14745

While hand mixing and sifting today I noticed a piece of plastic being moved around in the mixing tub. I plucked it out, and look what I found. This came out of a bag of Happy Frog. I'm happy I didn't hook myself.
View attachment 14746

View attachment 14747
Crazy fishing lure lol. We have a bag of happy frog too. 🧤s it is then haha. What would be the odds if we found one too 🤯

Texagonian

Outlaw
That's it you pinpointed it. 🍍 I was thinking cactus but nah not even close.
Haze and crosses, I don't see a lot of talk about them on this forum. Although I've found them not to be quite as "potent" as some of those bionic strains out there, the high is awesome. Giggly fun and, well, hazy.
Would be cool if you had any stout mexi beans from back in the day. Would like to see you pull a frosty ass cola or ten with your technique.
I’ve got more mexibeans then I know what to do with. Y’all want some let me know🍻✌🏻Damn fine looking grow @Phylex and I am truly looking forward to seeing how the crosses that were gifted turn out. There’s gonna be some special keepers found, that I’m sure of🔥🔥🔥

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I apologize for the lack of updates. I just haven't had the time. I'm barely keeping my head above water now with the current grow vs. time constraints. I haven't had any time to document or post. My plan is to try and post some updates this Friday or Saturday. My normal schedules for the plants aren't being met. I might have an hour at night on the days they need attention, when they should be getting 2-3 hours hours in the morning of. I've even had to pour some quick bottled water sips from time to time just to get them through a day or two until I have time to address them. It's certainly a juggling act.

I am popping in to glance at any new posts five minutes here and there during a quick break, so I'm lurking, but sitting down for quality interacting has been slowed.

I was gifted some seeds recently that should be arriving today. I don't have any knowledge or experience with these. I'm not sure when I'll have time to pop them, but if you have feed back, I'd love to hear it! They're from an accidental open pollination, so they're all a mystery. Here's what's coming;

Mothers: (1) Moontang and (1) Terpenado

Fathers: (1) Terpenado and (1) Goji OG x Sunshine Daydream

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I plan to try an get caught up with some updates today. Here's the first;

BCK - On Monday, Day 59, I chopped the top of the main cola off. I'm letting the pollinated branches go a little longer and giving the mids and lowers a little more time. I didn't have any time on Monday to give it a good scope. I plan to do that today. The results will determine if I harvest the rest of her today.

I've continued my research into Birthday Cake Kush and there's definitely some similarities from what I've read, and some pictures I've found online. I also found that either it originated, or the cut used originated from the Bay Area. So there is a very strong possibility that the gifter's response, "I think it's the Birthday Cake Kush" could have been correct. But without 100% certainty, I'll just continue referring to it as BCK. I'd hate to mislead anyone if in fact it wasn't. (Inn my opinion though, it most likely is)

I took these pictures quickly as I was in a hurry, so they'll have to do. I added a gallon water jug for size reference. And for the life of me, I can't seem to ever get a really good picture that truly represents the amount
of trichomes that consistently coat this girl.

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0741.JPG

IMG_0742.JPG

IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0745.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Day 23 from first soak - I plan to put these into 1/2 gallon square pots today or tomorrow. I'll flip them once the flower tent finishes. Hopefully soon! These are purposed to be a quick test run. Seeds were planted with slightly less than ideal drying times. Only about 1.5-2 weeks of drying respectively.

Ground Pounder - (Gelat.OG x 9 Pound Hammer) 6 of 6 germinated
IMG_0769.JPG

Citrol Sledgehammer - (Tangie x 9 Pound Hammer) 6 of 6 germinated
IMG_0770.JPG

Blunt Force Trauma - (BCK x 9 Pound Hammer) 5 of 6 germinated
IMG_0771.JPG

Black Abyss #1 (Blackjack #1 x 9 Pound Hammer) 5 of 6 germinated
IMG_0772.JPG

Black Abyss #2 (Blackjack #2 x 9 Pound Hammer) 5 of 6 germinated
IMG_0773.JPG

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
So there are two black abyss based off of the black jack phenotypes used when making your cross?
Yes. Both #1 and #2 smell identical. They both had strong branching and were great producers. #2 Had rounded tops while #1 was conical. I didn't release #1 because of this. Everything sent out was #2.

This current cycle proved otherwise. Both #1 and #2 have rounded tops. I've reached the conclusion that the conical shape wasn't genetic, but rather light intensity driven. Both phenotypes are almost identical. But there are mild differences.

What #1 and #2 have in common;
1. Smell - Strong, creamy, candy sweet tart
2. Good vigor
3. Overall structure
4. Strong branching
5. Very good yielders

Differences between #1 and #2;
1. #1 has some slight, very faint purpling on the tips.
2. #1 Develops trichomes a little earlier than #2, but nothing drastic
3. #1 Is an earlier finisher.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Update: Day 63

Blackjack #1 - I harvested most of her today. I'm giving the pollinated branches and a few of the lowers some more time to develop.
Day63BJ1.1.JPG

Day63BJ1.2.JPG

Day63BJ1.3.JPG

Day63BJ1.4.JPG

Day63BJ1.5.JPG

Blackjack #2 - I left her alone, untouched. She'll probably go 70 days.

Day63BJ2.1.JPG

Day63BJ2.2.JPG

Day63BJ2.3.JPG

Last edited:

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Update Day 63

Tangie: I harvested her today. She has some very nice size, dense, flowers too. She's a good stacker like most of the others. I actually started developing a little bud rot in one spot on the main cola. I amputated the cola and surgically removed the cancer. I had to toss the surrounding bud for good measure. After all was said and done, the loss was minimal.

Day63Tan.2.JPG

Day63Tan.3.JPG

Day63Tan.4.JPG

After the monster top was removed.
Day63Tan.5.JPG

Day63Tan.6.JPG

Texagonian

Outlaw
Update: Day 63

Blackjack #1 - I harvested most of her today. I'm giving the pollinated branches and a few the lowers some more time to develop.
View attachment 15527

View attachment 15528

View attachment 15529

View attachment 15530

View attachment 15531

Blackjack #2 - I left her alone, untouched. She'll probably go 70 days.

View attachment 15535

View attachment 15533

View attachment 15534
Fat, squat, resin coated sweet tart. Thank you for the bud shots. I think I’m gonna pop a few of each and hope I get a female of each. You’ve definitely given us all some high standards to look up to. Great job again!