West Coast Chronicles

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Not pictured: 9 Pound Hammer, Gelat.OG and Ghost Train Haze

The day was already getting long, and I wanted to finish things up. So I stopped with the pictures.

9 Pound Hammer - Fully harvested and drying. Two runs now and she's been lanky and a light yielder. However the smoke is a heavy, knock out indica. I'm not claiming genetics just yet for the lack of yield. But it's on my radar. I've coincidentally pissed her off on every run in one way or another. Either way, I've paired her with some great stackers and very good yielders. Her knock out punch should compliment them well.

Gelat.OG - Finished the remaining harvesting of this girl. She's hanging now and some is ready to be trimmed.

Ghost Train Haze - She's not done yet. I took a branch to sample and it's drying now. I left the rest of her alone. I'm thinking she'll go 70+ days.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
👀 Stepping your game up on the trim man that looks dank AF. Good job!
Do you typically harvest different parts of the plant at different times?

Thank you, I've been practicing :p and No, I've always taken the entire plant down. This was my first attempt at selective branch pollination and I wanted to give the seeds some more time to mature. Because of that, I decided to try a dual harvest. I wanted to see if I noticed any difference with mids and lowers developing any further.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Thank you, I've been practicing :p and No, I've always taken the entire plant down. This was my first attempt at selective branch pollination and I wanted to give the seeds some more time to mature. Because of that, I decided to try a dual harvest. I wanted to see if I noticed any difference with mids and lowers developing any further.
Interesting experiment, I've always wondered that. If a plant can completely re-veg after harvest if you leave a few buds, then why not?
Edit: meaning why wouldn't it be able to keep growing less developed buds after harvesting fully mature ones?

Last edited:

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Update: Test run of Blunt Force Trauma, Black Abyss #1 and #2, Citrol Sledgehammer, and Ground Pounder

7/3 - First soak
7/12 - Potted into solo cups

Today - 30 days from first soak, they're getting flipped to flower. I transplanted them from solo cups into 1/2 gallon pots. They're hungry and really thirsty. I haven't been giving them the attention they deserve due to time constraints. I was originally going to shut down for a few months, but the suspense was killing me. I decided to try and run them anyway. Without further ado;

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG

IMG_0894.JPG

I also shucked some seeds today from the selective branch pollination.

IMG_E0881.JPG

IMG_E0882.JPG

IMG_E0883.JPG

IMG_E0884.JPG

IMG_E0886.JPG

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
The Hyper Blueberry Blast male was rushed since I ended up behind schedule. I didn't harvest much pollen that collection, and what I did harvest, it wasn't very viable. I struck out on a few plants after trying to stretch it. However, the BCK took some. While I'm very excited about this, the production was comical. :LOL: I can say, these seeds are sexy.:unsure:

IMG_E0885.JPG

Texagonian

Outlaw
The Hyper Blueberry Blast male was rushed since I ended up behind schedule. I didn't harvest much pollen that collection, and what I did harvest, it wasn't very viable. I struck out on a few plants after trying to stretch it. However, the BCK took some. While I'm very excited about this, the production was comical. :LOL: I can say, these seeds are sexy.:unsure:

View attachment 16493
Looks like another successful chuck to me and there’s those tiger stripe seeds again! I hope the tester beans you popped get some more of your attention. I know it would do the good. No disrespect by that and I totally get the lack of time. I will be anxiously awaiting fall so I can get my testers popping because I know there’s something special in there. Great work @Phylex 🙏🏻🍻🔥🔥🔥✌🏻

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Looks like another successful chuck to me and there’s those tiger stripe seeds again! I hope the tester beans you popped get some more of your attention. I know it would do the good. No disrespect by that and I totally get the lack of time. I will be anxiously awaiting fall so I can get my testers popping because I know there’s something special in there. Great work @Phylex 🙏🏻🍻🔥🔥🔥✌🏻
No disrespect taken. (y) I knew what I was getting into when I started these. I originally planned to stop growing for these next few months. I didn't think it would be possible, and I expect everything will die at some point. I decided to try anyway because I'm just to damn anxious to wait. I would really like to see how these turn out. So I'll consider it a success if I can actually keep them alive through harvest. Fingers Crossed. But I already anticipate it's going to be ugly.

I just don't have the time to water regularly with the amount of hours worked and travel. There's regularly times they're going a few days past waterings. I'm literally doing a quick bottled water pour, (not even drenching the soil) just to get them through a day or two, in hopes I can actually get to them the following day. Which in most cases isn't happening. The days I'm resorting to bottled water is because I don't even have the time to PH, let alone mix any feedings. It's been quite the challenge already. But I'm trying to make it work.

I'm anxiously awaiting seeing them grown out too. I can't wait to see them grown out under different environments and growing styles. Especially hydro since I'm soil.

I'll be shucking more seeds today, and I have more drying from yesterdays harvest.

Dreadfully, I have these bags that still need to be trimmed and another few plants just harvested yesterday. Wanna help me trim? I'll be over it before I finish getting through the first bag. lol

IMG_E0896.JPG

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Sweet. Super awesomesauce.
I have the suspense killing me as well to pop new beans, your bck beans in particular seem to be begging to be grown, the beans are calling to me.
Lmfao.
Soon, soon, soon.......lol.
Curious about that hyper alien, I don't remember you mentioning much about that one.
They're begging to be put into rotation. They're lonely and just looking for a good time. They'd be happy just being your side chick for late night visits.

I haven't said much about Hyper Alien because they were all males. So I haven't personally had a run to flower with them yet. But I've read in other journals that they were fire. And anything from the Hyper line by Reno Genetics that I've seen or read about has been fire as well.

Hyper Alien (Grape Alien Haze x Hyper Glue) - Grape Alien Haze is from the old Dank Den. It's Grape Ape x White Alien Haze. Hyper Glue is (GG4 x Afternoon Delight x C99) 🔥

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
They're begging to be put into rotation. They're lonely and just looking for a good time. They'd be happy just being your side chick for late night visits.

I haven't said much about Hyper Alien because they were all males. So I haven't personally had a run to flower with them yet. But I've read in other journals that they were fire. And anything from the Hyper line by Reno Genetics that I've seen or read about has been fire as well.

Hyper Alien (Grape Alien Haze x Hyper Glue) - Grape Alien Haze is from the old Dank Den. It's Grape Ape x White Alien Haze. Hyper Glue is (GG4 x Afternoon Delight x C99) 🔥
I got one wet today. I'll keep u posted but it'll probably be slow going. I need to kill time while my flower tent is full lol. I put it straight in dirt. I popped it alongside an accidental creation of my own from a couple grows ago. Then I'll probably sex them and take a cut if they're female and then flower them. I'll also run it in hydro DWC too. I popped the bck cross, can't remember the name right now... blunt force trauma?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Interesting experiment, I've always wondered that. If a plant can completely re-veg after harvest if you leave a few buds, then why not?
Edit: meaning why wouldn't it be able to keep growing less developed buds after harvesting fully mature ones?
I reveg all the time this way. Just done a clone from Heisens WC. Pic on Heisens thread.
I just bred one of the best cuts on the planet right now and as soon as I see the seeds forming, gonna reveg her too. lol