Vegetable Gardens ??

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
There are literally thousands of plants with flowers that attract pollinators and have NO THORNS.

👆 👆 👆 I approved this message.
Geeze man where is your sense of adventure..

IF i am nut cut and bleeding...did i really garden???

Truth be told those bastards are going in the burn pile soon as i can get back there. Sunflowers are a better idea.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Sunflowers bring the most honeybees here. Everything and their brother eats those sunflowers when they are young. I only expect to see 10% after planting. So I plant a shitload, lol. Seems to average out. :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Actually, now that I have defined my garden space and know about what will fit, I'm definitely rigging an old blurple to get vege's going next year. And marigolds and sunflowers sound like a good thing to add to the list.

I want to settle on 3-4 strains of tomato, and a better set-up for more pepper plants. I think the tomatillos will be shitcanned next year. only one is producing fruit so far, and not many. Cheaper at the store, and those taste fine because they are supposed to be picked green.

D

Deleted member 60

Cruisin' along here. June is get it together month. We are seeing things start to kick in and are being relieved of the 'water it every few hours" motif we've been under all month. Fuck me.....it'd be nice if it RAINED once in awhile. Nah.....there's no Climate change. It's always been this dry here. (rolls eyes)

Tomatoes in the Dome. Cruising in on 8 ft tall and blooming/fruiting like mad.
001.JPG
002.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Beauty weather if you can keep things watered. No rain expected for the next 7 days.
I have a pool full should i need it. :D lol.
DSCF5844.JPG
The front garden is working out ok so far. Potatos, squash and beets all getting bigger albeit slower.
DSCF5842.JPGDSCF5841.JPG
Squash in the sun however...BOOM. We can eat them every other day starting now. Lots of them coming out and i mixed seeds up so i think the winter ones have runners and the summer ones do not...but they all look like yellow summer squash :eek: lol. Worse than a bloom room.
DSCF5838.JPGDSCF5837.JPGDSCF5832.JPG
Things are chugging right along. I will have to make some supports this week for tomatoes.
DSCF5840.JPGDSCF5835.JPG

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
We just got hammered with some rain the last three days A LOT! It was needed.

I greased the first woodchuck of the season. He ate sunflowers and sweet potato leaves, some beans. It was the first day, pretty happy I got him, that can take a week sometimes. The fuckers eat everyday you don't kill them. I'll probably have to kill 2 more before it's over. .177 pellet from a RWS spring gun. 1100 fps It is a heckuva pellet gun. It's fairly silent too. :)

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
We just got hammered with some rain the last three days A LOT! It was needed.

I greased the first woodchuck of the season. He ate sunflowers and sweet potato leaves, some beans. It was the first day, pretty happy I got him, that can take a week sometimes. The fuckers eat everyday you don't kill them. I'll probably have to kill 2 more before it's over. .177 pellet from a RWS spring gun. 1100 fps It is a heckuva pellet gun. It's fairly silent too. :)
Yeah, I’ve been wondering when the rain is going to let up at my place!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Tomatoes everywhere, and I think I am going to be inundated all at once with ripeness. One on my 'early girl' is turning finally (center), but the clusters lower right are going to look cool if they turn at the same time.

IMG_8430.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a "Brandywine Pink" that is about 6' tall and has 2 tomatoes on it. Never culled a tomato before, but I may this year. Lots of flowers on top so it's wait and see for now. It's the one with the broad leaves right of center.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Brandywines don't give you too many sometimes. Purple Cherokee is stingy too, but what you get is top notch with both. Everything here is fruiting except the Mark Twain which is the one I want the most. Put another 6 cuts in the ground today, planted a few rows of blackeyed peas for soil building. In between the raindrops.............made some bubble hash.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Purple Cherokee is stingy too
I have one of those as well. And a black prince. Both look to be average to lower than average producers, and they're novelties, I get that. But both of them are smaller (average size) and the fruit-to-plant ratio isn't near as bad. I have limited space and would rather ditch the pink one and have more room for the others.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
When your plants start fruiting you can use your bloom nutes?

I have this organic bloom time release stuff i can start dressing into the soil (july 1 and aug 1 should carry me through to finish)

I dont know wtf to do without a time stamp on flower...where is the 12 12 button ...

I am afraid to nute the cannabis. They look green and healthy and they are already growning bonkers. I might just hit them in bloom.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I am afraid to nute the cannabis. They look green and healthy and they are already growning bonkers. I might just hit them in bloom.
I’m feeling the same about my outdoor cannabis plants. They’ve been so healthy that I think I’m just going to top dress them with a flower mix, when they start flowering, and I’ll be surprised if they need anything after that.