The Upward Spyral

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Take the bad with the good 😭😭😭
View attachment 44697
Punch Buggy #1 reveg. Literally over night. I have been trying to get it back. Somehow the PPM spiked super hard. Changed water out with some florakleen to break up a lockout along with recharge tea. It's been 2 days. Leaves are starting to crisp up but the trunk and a lot of other leaves are still wet. Will change out water again, PPM is slowly climbing but water level appears to be lowering, so I think its drinking water.
Hydro grows super fast, but along with that, shit can go bad in a millisecond. I'm just gonna keep trying. Maybe I should cut off some foliage.
However, there's a glimmer of hope. My GF just found 1 lone seed in the last of the buds. We now have 1 each of this and the good Sunset Wedding pheno. I'll put em on the sideburner for now, once we get the RDWC going and harvest a few more totes, I may pop em.
If she is drinking a little i would cut her back pretty hard. Probably worth a try. I am sweating bullets on the round i have in the cloner. I took a round of different clones right at 2 weeks into flowering which i have done multiple times before without issue. Just about every cut in the cloner has a flower started. Not sure why they started flowering so early this round. My cloner is set on 18/6 light. Hopefully they will root for me.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
If she is drinking a little i would cut her back pretty hard. Probably worth a try. I am sweating bullets on the round i have in the cloner. I took a round of different clones right at 2 weeks into flowering which i have done multiple times before without issue. Just about every cut in the cloner has a flower started. Not sure why they started flowering so early this round. My cloner is set on 18/6 light. Hopefully they will root for me.
Thanks Capt. Just worried that I would stress her even more after getting shocked so hard. Guess I've got nothing to lose at this point. What do you think I should leave on?

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Second RDWC veg tote is about ready. Just need to drill holes in the front for air lines.

20200125_143410.jpg
Gonna try using soaker hose again instead of airstones. I have some stainless steel washers to anchor down coiled hoses. The size of the hole is a tad too small, so I'm gonna zip tie a few onto them. Use whatcha got, right? The head pressure is much lower than airstones so less of a pump is needed to achieve a lot of air and fine bubbles. If this works then I will use them in the main RDWC in a few weeks.

20200125_143453.jpg
The lid was yellow. I had bad luck last time I tried painting these polypropylene plastic lids with plastic paint, even after sanding. This time I used this Plastic Adhesion Promoter (no sanding). Then I sprayed some general purpose matte black spray paint that I got from a buddy's work (they were free production samples). I think this may finally be the answer I've been looking for. I tried scratching it with my fingernail with a decent amount of pressure and it didn't come off 👍
I picked this up from O'Reilly auto parts for about $8 (Auto Zone, Blowes, Dome Hepot don't have it). 2 coats. One can will do 2x 27 gal tote lids with some to spare for spots if needed.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Second RDWC veg tote is about ready. Just need to drill holes in the front for air lines.

View attachment 44752
Gonna try using soaker hose again instead of airstones. I have some stainless steel washers to anchor down coiled hoses. The size of the hole is a tad too small, so I'm gonna zip tie a few onto them. Use whatcha got, right? The head pressure is much lower than airstones so less of a pump is needed to achieve a lot of air and fine bubbles. If this works then I will use them in the main RDWC in a few weeks.

View attachment 44758
The lid was yellow. I had bad luck last time I tried painting these polypropylene plastic lids with plastic paint, even after sanding. This time I used this Plastic Adhesion Promoter (no sanding). Then I sprayed some general purpose matte black spray paint that I got from a buddy's work (they were free production samples). I think this may finally be the answer I've been looking for. I tried scratching it with my fingernail with a decent amount of pressure and it didn't come off 👍
I picked this up from O'Reilly auto parts for about $8 (Auto Zone, Blowes, Dome Hepot don't have it). 2 coats. One can will do 2x 27 gal tote lids with some to spare for spots if needed.
Very interested in your soaker hose. I was thinking of switching it up and trying waterfalls or something in my rdwc instead of air stones, but I dunno yet

Texagonian

Outlaw
Way to go on the soaker hose. A grip of fine bubbles with less rrrrrnnngggghhhhh in your ear all the time. Those work real well, cheap and just toss them minus the tees if they get funky or fall apart after multiple cleanings. Still not getting my notifications. What’s up fellas, @spyralout , @SoLowDoughLow , @Capt C . Haven’t seen @yougrowyourway all day. Hope y’all are having a good weekend 🍻✌🏻

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

View attachment 44752

View attachment 44758
Interesting i hope it works. I thought i had a good adhesion on the one i shot but a month or two later it started peeling off. I guess it has a chemical reaction to the polypropylene to help the top coat to adhere. Seems like vinyl is a similar surface yet paint has good adhesion to vinyl and not to the polypropylene. Damn i am to high for those big words. LMAO

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Very interested in your soaker hose. I was thinking of switching it up and trying waterfalls or something in my rdwc instead of air stones, but I dunno yet
The hard part is keeping em weighted down. The washers weren't enough for a quadruple coil worth so im gonna make less coils. I also ran to Wal-Mart and got some river rocks and aquarium gravel. Put in a plastic bag and zip tie the fuckers down cement shoes style lol. Since they're gonna be in totes there's nothing to tuck them under. For RDWC I'm gonna tuck em under the bulkheads. If it all don't work then back to airstones. I hope it does cuz the good brand of disc airstones are $15+ each 😬 so if I build a bigger rdwc it'll be costly.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Way to go on the soaker hose. A grip of fine bubbles with less rrrrrnnngggghhhhh in your ear all the time. Those work real well, cheap and just toss them minus the tees if they get funky or fall apart after multiple cleanings. Still not getting my notifications. What’s up fellas, @spyralout , @SoLowDoughLow , @Capt C . Haven’t seen @yougrowyourway all day. Hope y’all are having a good weekend 🍻✌🏻
Nice man. I hope it works. Like I replied to solo it's tricky to weigh em down. Lead free fishing weights aren't readily available and may not even be enough weight.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Interesting i hope it works. I thought i had a good adhesion on the one i shot but a month or two later it started peeling off. I guess it has a chemical reaction to the polypropylene to help the top coat to adhere. Seems like vinyl is a similar surface yet paint has good adhesion to vinyl and not to the polypropylene. Damn i am to high for those big words. LMAO
I hope so too Capt. I really don't wanna put tape on all of em. Plus the paint looks a lot cleaner.