The Upward Spyral

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Saw some early signs of PM so Totes 5 (Phylex) and 6 (HydroRed) were pulled from the tent and into the house. It's extremely crowded in the tent and the humidity is really up there. Looking at VPD charts, it's in the green zone, but I probably need more air flow. Might be time to bust out the dehumidifier. A few quick shots, Day 58.

Tote 5 Phylex
20200127_225255.jpg
Some leaf burn from being too close to the hps. It's the highest I can go and I used shorty low-pro hangers. Also mag deficiency in some plants. Overall healthy with some sticky ass buds. One of the disadvantages of the totes is the height in a tent. The plant sits a bit lower in soil pots or (R)DWC. In low ceiling tents, you need all the space you can get. There are ways around that though.The advantages outweigh the disadvantages IMO.

Tote 6 HydroRed
20200127_225230.jpg
Big buds, some foxtailing. Intense light/hotspots may be causing some of this. Mostly aesthetic, although I prefer non-foxtail.

Some bud shots, more later

Blunt Force Trauma #1
20200127_225401.jpg

Sin City Juice #4
20200127_225338.jpg

Carbon Filter on high but it's having a tough time keeping up.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Saw some early signs of PM so Totes 5 (Phylex) and 6 (HydroRed) were pulled from the tent and into the house. It's extremely crowded in the tent and the humidity is really up there. Looking at VPD charts, it's in the green zone, but I probably need more air flow. Might be time to bust out the dehumidifier. A few quick shots, Day 58.

Tote 5 Phylex
View attachment 45477
Some leaf burn from being too close to the hps. It's the highest I can go and I used shorty low-pro hangers. Also mag deficiency in some plants. Overall healthy with some sticky ass buds. One of the disadvantages of the totes is the height in a tent. The plant sits a bit lower in soil pots or (R)DWC. In low ceiling tents, you need all the space you can get. There are ways around that though.The advantages outweigh the disadvantages IMO.

Tote 6 HydroRed
View attachment 45482
Big buds, some foxtailing. Intense light/hotspots may be causing some of this. Mostly aesthetic, although I prefer non-foxtail.

Some bud shots, more later

Blunt Force Trauma #1
View attachment 45488

Sin City Juice #4
View attachment 45487

Carbon Filter on high but it's having a tough time keeping up.
Looks killer. Day 58, shit you're about at the finish line. How long you think you'll take em?

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Looks killer. Day 58, shit you're about at the finish line. How long you think you'll take em?
Thanks Red! Probably in a day or 2. Let em chill out in the kitchen dining area. I pulled mainly cuz I don't want PM to spread even though it appears to be very early (like it popped up outta nowhere). I've never tried a sulfur burner before and I think the other plants are too far in flower, don't wanna risk that smell sticking on em if it smells like it sounds. I really like how SCJ #4 leaves are purpling from the outside in. Most of the fading I've seen so far spreads from the inside outward.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks Red! Probably in a day or 2. Let em chill out in the kitchen dining area. I pulled mainly cuz I don't want PM to spread even though it appears to be very early (like it popped up outta nowhere). I've never tried a sulfur burner before and I think the other plants are too far in flower, don't wanna risk that smell sticking on em if it smells like it sounds. I really like how SCJ #4 leaves are purpling from the outside in. Most of the fading I've seen so far spreads from the inside outward.
Sulfur burns can be some harsh stuff. I made a home made burner yrs ago that worked amazing, but only used it a cpl times before I realized there were other ways to battle pm without everything smelling like hard boiled eggs. Plus I believe it made my equipment rust out prematurely.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Sulfur burns can be some harsh stuff. I made a home made burner yrs ago that worked amazing, but only used it a cpl times before I realized there were other ways to battle pm without everything smelling like hard boiled eggs. Plus I believe it made my equipment rust out prematurely.
I have a burner they collects dust too. I agree the grow is supposed to smell good, not like a big rotten fart lol. I've never seen what happens if there's moisture on your plants when burning sulfur, but I've heard it's pretty bad too.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Nice! They are cranking out some moisture at that stage. I try and move a lot of air to combat that. My current flower room is only 15 sq ft . I use my exhaust and five 6" clip on fans. One in each corner and one under the canopy. You have been doing a lot of chopping lately. I am betting you have not had to buy anything in awhile now. That sure is a nice feeling. Are you coming back east anytime soon?

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
I have a burner they collects dust too. I agree the grow is supposed to smell good, not like a big rotten fart lol. I've never seen what happens if there's moisture on your plants when burning sulfur, but I've heard it's pretty bad too.
Nice! They are cranking out some moisture at that stage. I try and move a lot of air to combat that. My current flower room is only 15 sq ft . I use my exhaust and five 6" clip on fans. One in each corner and one under the canopy. You have been doing a lot of chopping lately. I am betting you have not had to buy anything in awhile now. That sure is a nice feeling. Are you coming back east anytime soon?
Thanks guys. I have a couple of hurricanes. I need to mount one but things got crowded pretty fast, and I haven't needed them in the past but I've never been Amazon jungle dense before either. I need to put one up before I move more totes in there. I have about a 3 week window. I've read a few suggestions, mostly treatment for heavy PM infection like neem (I save that for spider mites, and never in deep flower), milk spray, etc. I think I caught it early enough where it's very treatable so any suggestions lmk.

Capt - yes it's a WONDERFUL feeling, 2 zips a week ain't no joke. When you have a loved one who needs it for various ailments just to function, it's more than just the money saved. Next plants to harvest can't come soon enough, we are digging into the last of the previous harvest (😬 lol). East is here this week, I will be spending some time with them working on the project. I should be heading out there within the next month but for sure by March. All the more reason to get things set up before I leave. That includes the RDWC. That thing needs to be put back into action, we miss it πŸ˜„ Should have a few new tricked out parts when we fire it back upπŸ˜‰

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks guys. I have a couple of hurricanes. I need to mount one but things got crowded pretty fast, and I haven't needed them in the past but I've never been Amazon jungle dense before either. I need to put one up before I move more totes in there. I have about a 3 week window. I've read a few suggestions, mostly treatment for heavy PM infection like neem (I save that for spider mites, and never in deep flower), milk spray, etc. I think I caught it early enough where it's very treatable so any suggestions lmk.

Capt - yes it's a WONDERFUL feeling, 2 zips a week ain't no joke. When you have a loved one who needs it for various ailments just to function, it's more than just the money saved. Next plants to harvest can't come soon enough, we are digging into the last of the previous harvest (😬 lol). East is here this week, I will be spending some time with them working on the project. I should be heading out there within the next month but for sure by March. All the more reason to get things set up before I leave. That includes the RDWC. That thing needs to be put back into action, we miss it πŸ˜„ Should have a few new tricked out parts when we fire it back upπŸ˜‰
I think I get a lot of funny looks when I mention it. But my go to for spot treating pm is h202 and water. Works great all the way through flower without affecting the plants. I like to rub the spots that I've spayed to make sure there's good contact. I eyeball the ratio anymore, but it's basically the same ratio as a bud wash mix plus a touch more for good measure.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

Okay just let me know and we will get together when you come out.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
I think I get a lot of funny looks when I mention it. But my go to for spot treating pm is h202 and water. Works great all the way through flower without affecting the plants. I like to rub the spots that I've spayed to make sure there's good contact. I eyeball the ratio anymore, but it's basically the same ratio as a bud wash mix plus a touch more for good measure.
Thanks mac. Sounds better than milk, which I'm sure works as well. Just every time I've dealt with milk, it sours quickly out of the fridge, so I'm apprehensive about using it.
Gonna spray some leaves with whatever Plant Therapy we got left (love that stuff, expensive though) and wipe the walls down near where we found it. Seems to be isolated but naked eye can only see so much. Removing the 2 deep flower totes dropped the humidity 10%. Left the tent doors open halfway and adjusted the light schedule to 1 hour later so we can close it in the morning before lights out. I lose an hour and have to start later when lights come on but it should help.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks mac. Sounds better than milk, which I'm sure works as well. Just every time I've dealt with milk, it sours quickly out of the fridge, so I'm apprehensive about using it.
Gonna spray some leaves with whatever Plant Therapy we got left (love that stuff, expensive though) and wipe the walls down near where we found it. Seems to be isolated but naked eye can only see so much. Removing the 2 deep flower totes dropped the humidity 10%. Left the tent doors open halfway and adjusted the light schedule to 1 hour later so we can close it in the morning before lights out. I lose an hour and have to start later when lights come on but it should help.
Sounds like you got a pretty good game plan. I like to bump up airflow and circulation after treating too, seems to help keep the pm at bay.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
You can weave your airhose thru a brick.
You could fashion anchors with clay.
Even a dollastore mason bit would drill thru slate, You could create weights from single stones.
Just concerned about the plastic bags, they could be snot factories.
Netbag ?

I was using the search function to see if you had a smoke report for the galactic funk ,now that I have read up a bit it seems I am a bit early?

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
You can weave your airhose thru a brick.
You could fashion anchors with clay.
Even a dollastore mason bit would drill thru slate, You could create weights from single stones.
Just concerned about the plastic bags, they could be snot factories.
Netbag ?

I was using the search function to see if you had a smoke report for the galactic funk ,now that I have read up a bit it seems I am a bit early?
Thanks for the ideas. I was thinking pantyhose or something similar. I'll be checking and if the bags get grimy I'll either replace or reassess.
We're about 5 weeks after flip on Galactic Funk.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Shit, swing through D town again too while your at it. Love to have ya for a visit again.
Have some new stock for your appraisal too. Lol
Cool man, appreciate the invite! That would be great. We'll see how it goes depending on the progress of the project by that time, there are 3 other projects that are expected to complete within the same time frame and they might have me fly back and come in early the next morning 😬